School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Scorpio North Node, Ruler Pluto

Started by Linda, Aug 09, 2010, 10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

All charts with Scorpio North Node have a Pluto facilitator, taking them, in a sense, back to the past, to their natal Pluto position.  Could you please comment on this dynamic?  How and why do they develop the totally new area of the NN through the facilitation of natal Pluto?  This reminds me of charts that have "no Pluto polarity point."  Thank you.

Rad

Hi Linda,

These symbols mean that such a Soul has been intensely resisting change/ evolution in the most recent prior lives. The S.Node being in Taurus would correlate to a 'frog in the well' in that the Soul has felt highly secure within the bottom of the well, and resisting jumping out of it in order to expose itself to the totality of the environment that surrounds the well. Jumping out of that well correlates to deep fears because it can no longer control it's space or reality as defined in the bottom of the well. Thus, in these symbols the Soul will be continually confronted with it's past, and the dynamics that are the cause of that past: the N.Node in Scorpio ruled by the natal Pluto. The polarity point of the Pluto, the bottom line in the current life evolutionary intentions, will serve as a vehicle through which the Soul is given the opportunity to make new choices, changes, relative to re-experiencing it's past, and the dynamics that correlate with that past. The house placement of the N.Node in Scorpio also serves the create opportunities of the Soul to make new choices relative to re-expierencing it's past as symbolized not only in the house and sign of the natal Pluto, but, of course, the S.Node by House, and the location of it's planetary ruler by Sign, House, and aspects to it.

So you can see that the key here is indeed the polarity point of Pluto. The Soul has chosen to re-experience it's past because it has felt secure within that past, and the dynamics that correlate to that past. That past is symbolized by not only the N.Node, the S.Node, and it's planetary ruler, but also the Natal Pluto by House and Sign. And yet it is these very symbols that also correlate to evolving beyond that past by making new choices in the face of that past. And those  new choices start with the polarity point of Pluto. By making those new choices in this way it then has the affect of evolving the N.Node, S.Node and it's planetary ruler, by also of course the natal Pluto itself.

God Bless, Rad

Dhyana

Rad,
Given what you wrote above, would any of this apply to a NN in the 8th house, with a Pluto In Scorpio person? Even if the NN (in H8) is in another sign (Libra in this case)?

Dhyana

..i just realized also, that the chart i am speaking about has half of the 8th house in Scorpio,( but still the North Node remains in Libra).
Basically, I guess what I am asking is does this (that Rad stated above) apply, even to some degree, to House 8 North Nodes?

ari moshe

Hi Dhyana, I'll share what intuitively makes sense to me...

It does not apply in the same way because with the north node in Scorpio, the facilitator for that north node is Pluto itself. Thus past resistance to evolution is strongly indicated. Transmitting one's resistance to change has to be focused on with great determination and desire- by focus on the polarity point. Otherwise, the natal position of Pluto itself has been accessed via the sn in Taurus and its ruler Venus. It's like trying to take care of business while stubbornly refusing to let go of the big piece of cake you are luxuriously enjoying on your red satin bed. This soul will face many confrontations to it's resistance to change until through whatever inner emotional dynamics, it realizes that there's no other choice but to evolve.

Other than that, it's true in general for an 8th house north node that a soul is learning to let go of it's narrow scope of security in order to evolve. However the facilitator for such an evolution would be the ruler of the sign that the nn is in.

Amazingly I HARDLY ever read the chart of a soul who has the north node in Scorpio. I wonder if other people have noticed something similar? I just saw one client whose husband has the nn in Scorpio. She came to me because all of the sudden, in the middle of his 30's, he began doing drugs and started stealing. He's seeking self gratification right and left and is only capable of thinking about himself. His evolutionary purpose is coming to a head right now, and he's resisting it as he has in fact done in the past.
Ari Moshe

Linda

Thank you so much Rad.

Ari, I have seen many charts with Scorpio NN, including my own and several friends, as well as Scorpio SN.  Thanks for sharing your understanding of these symbols.

Dhyana

Thank you Ari, that makes sense.

Dhyana

Dhyana

btw, the example you gave of the peice of cake and the satin bed, spoke volumes! Great choice of words.
;)