School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

history of the patriarchy

Started by ari moshe, Aug 29, 2010, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacie

Quote from: ari moshe on Sep 11, 2010, 10:59 PM

During what "yuga" did this transition take place? Was it the beginning of a particular descending arc?
And furthermore, at this point in history, where it FEELS like we are nearing the point of "no where but up", where are we in terms of yugas?
Thank you
Ari Moshe

Hi Ari, this transition was set in motion during the descending arc of the Treta Yuga.

Descending arc of Treta Yuga: 6700 BC - 3100 BC (note that the 1st Sandhi for Treta Yuga was from 6400 - 6700 BC)

Descending arc of Dwarpara Yuga: 3100 - 700 BC

Descending arc of Kali Yuga: 700 BC - 500 AD

Ascending arc of Kali Yuga: 500 - 1700 AD

Ascending arc of Dwarpara Yuga:  1700 - 4100 AD

So we are now in the ascending arc of Dwarpara Yuga..and therefore you are right, it's up from here.  And just to further clarify on the descending/ascending arcs within the cycle of yugas: the nature of the descending arc is YANG. The nature of the ascending arc is YIN.  Also, each yuga correlates to a specific kind of spiritual knowledge, and that type of knowledge is reflected in the nature of each yuga's age.  This is covered by Sri Yukteswar in The Holy Science.

And by the way the spiritual knowledge correlating to the Treta Yuga = Divine magnetism. hmm...

The Dwarpara Yuga correlates to knowledge of (in Sri Yukteswar's words) "the knowledge of electricities and their attributes"

Stacie

ari moshe

Thank you for clarifying that Stacie

I have an obvious question, though unrelated to this thread:
Given that at Dec solstice of 2012, the Sun is ascending to align with the galactic center- which marks the halfway point of yet another 24,000 year cycle- I'd assume this has something to do with entering a new stage of a yuga.

Alas that doesn't seem to be the case. In a couple articles that have been shared with me, I haven't read Sri Yuktesewar ever talk about 2012.

Interesting to see that Dwapara Yuga ascending arc began around 1700's given the industrial developments, the renaissance, and while the world was still "dark" it definitely began to wane from the quality of darkness that was prevalent during the previous millennium.
Ari Moshe

Stacie

Hi Ari,

I understand you're referring to the conjunction of the sun with the galactic center at 28/29 sagg, relative to the nodes of pluto being in capricorn/cancer (pluto's nodes being a 24,000 year cycle..just as the cycle of yugas itself is a 24,000 year cycle).  There is an intelligent and simple explanation that distinguishes and puts into context the transit of 2012 within the cycle of yugas itself.  I unfortunately lack the ability to articulate this...so we'll have to let Rad or someone else provide the explanation. 

See there are simultaneous movements going on. The cycle of yugas itself correlates to the revolution of our solar system with its dual/companion star around the zodiac, which takes 24,000 years to complete..at the same time they are also revolving around the center of the Milky Way galaxy, which is a much longer cycle. From the point of view of the Daiva Yuga Cycle, our solar system reaches its closest contact with the galactic center at 0 aries. What makes 0 aries the closest point of contact with the galactic center is a point of confusion for me, so I'll leave it here and let someone else pick up from here.  (sorry..my brain is linear-challenged!)

By the way, on the subject of pluto's nodes being in capricorn/cancer: you'll find it interesting to know that the signs of capricorn/saggitarius correlate to the descending arc of Treta yuga..and that the ascending arc of Treta yuga correlates to the signs gemini/cancer.  Interesting how these factors intersect.

Stacie