School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Asteroid Goddesses - the undistorted Natural/Divine Feminine

Started by Linda, Sep 06, 2010, 05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunyata

This is a great thread. Did we never get to Lilith? I can't find much through a search. If anyone is up for explaining Lilith from e.a. point of view I would be interested.

Linda

Hi Sunyata,

We never got to Lilith, so let's start now.

THE THREE LILITHS

Here are some extracts from Wikipedia, the EA Glossary, and our EA message board:

Asteroid Lilith was discovered on February 11, 1927 by Benjamin Jekhowsky. It is part of the main asteroid belt outside the orbit of Mars. It is named in the honour of French classical music composer Lili Boulanger.  Since Asteroid Lilith is the only verifiable body that exists, there is only one actual discovery chart (see below).

Asteroid Lilith (also called Original Lilith):  1181 on Astrodienst
"True" Black Moon Lilith: h13 (EA uses this one)
"Mean" Black Moon Lilith:  'Lilith' under Additional Objects      [thanks Jason!]
Dark Moon Lilith:  h58, 'Waldermath'

Asteroid Lilith (Original Lilith) is a real asteroid. It is the only Lilith that is an actual, verifiable physical body. In the main asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. Takes 4 years to orbit the Sun. Spends 132 days in each sign.

Black Moon Lilith (true/osculating):  Not a solid objection. It is a mathematical point of alignment, the apogee of the Moon's orbit, furthest away from the Earth. 9 year orbit. Spends 9 months in each sign.  EA uses the True Apogee for Black Moon Lilith.

Dark Moon Lilith is a real body in the sky, a "˜hypothetical planet' resembling a dust cloud, or a second Moon of Earth. Takes 119 days to orbit the Earth. Spends 10 days in each sign.

"The asteroids are symbolic transformers between two energy systems and point to the techniques by which the lower octave vibrations may be raised to a higher octave.  The Asteroid Lilith describes the first stage in the mythical journey where she is  suppressed, humiliated and flees in a fiery rage to the desolate wilderness.  The Dark Moon Lilith depicts the pain of her exile where she plots and executes revenge.  The Black Moon Lilith shows how she transmutes her distorted image back into its natural healthy expression." (Demetra George)

Asteroid Lilith indicates where our WOUND originated.  Dark Moon Lilith signifies how and where we experience the distorted aspects of Lilith in our lives - her anguish, bitterness, betrayal, alienation, fear and hatred of sexuality, and revenge.  Black Moon Lilith shows how and where we cut away our pretensions, false roles, and delusions and actualize who we essentially are. (Adina)

~      ~      ~

Asteroid Lilith (Original Lilith) (4-5 year cycle) describes the original Lilith. We have all "˜imprinted' in us the original, undistorted, female image, which is defined by the natal placement of an individual's asteroid Lilith. Where we feel free to move, act and speak our truth. This correlates in the current life to what our underlying ideal image is of a woman. The true and NATURAL expression of Lilith is that of pure, raw, feminine beauty. A woman that would chose freedom over just about anything. She is Pluto and she is also Mars. She was honored and praised for initiating and fully expressing her personal freedom and sexual passion. "In her original state, she is a symbol of true feminine power - complete unto herself and embodying her own brand of feminine self-containment, assertion and wholeness" (O'Donnell). Lilith is the octave transformer for Mars and Pluto! It serves as a bridge between the lower octave of Mars and the higher octave of Pluto. (Kristin)

Dark Moon Lilith (119-177 day cycle) signifies how and where we experience the distorted aspects of Lilith in our lives - her anguish, bitterness, betrayal, alienation, fear and hatred of sexuality, and revenge. For centuries men and women have been conditioned by our patriarchal culture to suppress this feminine strength which has resulted in bitterness and resentment, inevitably leading to distortion and rage. How this distortion is played out is indicated by the natal placement of the Dark Moon Lilith. Dark Moon Lilith is the distorted Lilith representing Lilith's flee into a fiery rage of exile where she plots and executes her revenge. Find your Dark Moon Lilith placement and know that this area ***also creates a channel by which we can release the rage.*** (Kristin)

Black Moon Lilith shows how and where we cut away our pretensions, false roles, and delusions and actualize who we essentially are. The Black Moon Lilith (9 year cycle) is the resolution Lilith where one's distorted image may be transformed into a natural healthy expression. The dark Goddess's crescent shape knife cuts away all that is not authentic in our lives. The ENFORCED (I REPEAT ENFORCED) clarity of the Black Moon allows us to penetrate to the essence, eliminating all things that are unnecessary, false and impure. Wherever you find the resolution Lilith in your chart, represents an area where it will take tremendous COURAGE, where you can release the repressed anger from lifetimes and be set free. It is also an area of TRANSFORMATION - creative energy of the feminine GODDESS pours into you. Lilith is the NATURAL WILD WOMAN in the birth chart so the Moon and the Nodes must be incorporated in the interpretation as well as Venus.  Stressful aspects between Black Moon Lilith and Mars, the planet that most clearly expresses the masculine power, may indicate that a woman's independence and confidence is threatened or met with opposition by men. Her own inner male is not strong.  Women who have hard aspects from Black Moon Lilith to the Moon or in the 5th may have problems with pregnancy or childbirth, possible miscarriage, unwanted pregnancy, or a fear of motherhood. Often times transiting Black Moon Lilith can bring back feelings of emotional pain, but only if it is in the area where you have compromised your primal nature. Lilith forces us to look at ourselves with utter naked EMOTIONAL honesty. (Kristin)

LILITH DISCOVERY CHART

Asteroid Lilith (Original Lilith) 7.18 Leo Rx (1181) - Appears as 'Lilit'
Dark Moon Lilith 22.10 Cap (h58) - Appears as 'Walde'
True BML 6.29 Virgo (h13) - Appears as OSC.L - EA uses this one
Mean BML 27.35 Virgo (Lilith under Additional Objects) - Appears as Crescent on a cross

Sunyata

Thanks so much.

So on astrodienst I chose Lilith in the asteroids, then also typed in 1181, h13, and h58 on additional objects and I have the asteroid which is the crescent moon on a cross conjunct my ascendent in the 12th then osc. lilith aslo conjunct my ascendent but in the 1st, then 1181 shows up as lilith but is at 11 libra conjunct my uranus in 1st and then waldermath is in the 12th conjunct my south node..... so I have 4 different things.... but should there only be three?

Ok so I see Dark moon is waldermath, I see osc. Lilith is black moon, then there is an asteroid with the crescent moon on a cross and 1181 which shows up as lilith as well. What is the difference between the last two?

jasonholley

Hi Sunyata,

The reason that you have four items is because you are displaying:

Asteroid Lilith (shows up in astro.com as "1181")
Dark Moon Lilith (shows up in astro.com as "Waldemath")
True Black Moon Lilith (shows up in astro.com as "Oscillating Lilith")
Mean Black Moon Lilith (shows up in astro.com as Crescent on a Cross)

In EA we use true locations of points vs. their mean locations.  To get rid of Mean Black Moon in your charts on astro.com, just enter the 1181, h13, and h58, and do not choose "Lilith" in the list.  Then you will have the three that are used in EA.

God bless,
Jason

Sunyata

"Lilith is the octave transformer for Mars and Pluto! It serves as a bridge between the lower octave of Mars and the higher octave of Pluto."

Can you explain how this works or clarify this in whatever way you can? How do we use Lilith as a bridge from the actions of Mars as it relates to incorporating the soul intentions of Pluto?

Are there bridges between Venus/Neptune or Mercury/Uranus?

Thanks,
Sunyata

Wendy

Wow, so glad to have complete clarification of the different Lilith's.  I have read about it many times, without gaining real understanding.

Thank you Sunyata for picking up where we left off and Linda for clearly posting how EA uses Lilith.

Blessings,
Wendy

Linda

Quote from: Sunyata on Mar 27, 2013, 08:05 PM
"Lilith is the octave transformer for Mars and Pluto! It serves as a bridge between the lower octave of Mars and the higher octave of Pluto."

Can you explain how this works or clarify this in whatever way you can? How do we use Lilith as a bridge from the actions of Mars as it relates to incorporating the soul intentions of Pluto?

Are there bridges between Venus/Neptune or Mercury/Uranus?

Thanks,
Sunyata

Hi Sunyata and Wendy,

The Asteroids act as octave transformers because they dwell BETWEEN the inner-conscious-rational-leftbrain-personal planets (Mercury, Venus, Mars) and the outer transpersonal-unconscious-rightbrain-spiritual planets (Uranus, Neptune, Pluto), and therefore are seen as "transformers in the archetypal circuitry" by raising lower octave vibrations to a higher octave.  

The role of the Asteroids are to re-awaken the FEMININE energy so that individuals and thus the collective become more whole.  The incorporation of the conscious with the depths of the unconscious requires FEMININE perception, focus, insight, awareness, sensitivity, intuition, imagination, therefore the Asteroids form this necessary "bridge."

A shift is occurring between the thinking-rational processes and becoming more in tune with the emotions.  Individuals cannot give to the Collective a wholeness that they do not yet possess, therefore the Feminine needs to be fostered and nurtured in the evolution of consciousness as we come out of patriarchal conditioning to rectify the imbalance between masculine and feminine.

LOWER OCTAVE

Mercury

Venus

Mars
OCTAVE TRANSFORMER

Pallas (feminine creative energy birthing new ideas)

Juno (sacred marriage, emotional truth)

Lilith (wisdom of the natural world, natural expression)
HIGHER OCTAVE

Uranus

Neptune

Pluto
PERSONAL DESIRE TO ACT FOR THE COLLECTIVE INTEREST

Mercurial mind inspired and transformed by Uranian illuminations.

Venus values and feelings raised by Neptunian compassion.

Mars personal desires acting for Plutonian individual/collective evolution.

Love,

Linda

Kristin

Hi Linda, Sunyata and Wendy,

Linda beautiful lay out of the octave transformers..and wonderful explanation.

I wanted to offer something here to with respect to Lilith. We know that there are different planets that rule the chakras, but these Asteroid Goddesses can also be seen ruling each chakra.

Original Lilith rules the ROOT chakra as she is the undistorted natural feminine, the unconditioned wild woman, independent, totally aligned with natural law, full unto herself. She is your primal feminine ROOT, and the Original Lilith placement for a woman reflects HOW YOU WERE DESIGNED BY GOD/DESS. In a man's chart the Original Lilith placement would reflect a man's ideal image of a woman or how he most naturally actualizes the feminine within.

The Resolution Lilith, otherwise known as the Black Moon (not to be confused with the Dark Moon which is where we have all gotten off course via our distortions), the Black Moon symbolized by the Crescent Moon and cross below and most often seen in Solar Fire, symbolizes the way we get back to our ORIGINAL ROOT, hence the word Resolution. The Resolution Lilith lights the way back to our true feminine self, she shows you HOW to get back home to your unwavering center.

Working with this Lilith trinity is a powerful exercise when you weave it into the Pluto paradigm, especially considering that Lilith is the octave transformer between Pluto and Mars. Once any Soul uncovers and remembers HOW they were originally design, the Mars piece can be adjusted, as in choices made, that can now facilitate evolution. It works like a tuning fork, when any Soul is in harmony with their pure self, the weight of whatever has been collected will start flying off.

Hope this helps,
Peace,
Kristin

Sunyata

Wonderful information. Thanks so much Linda and Kristin.

Sunyata

Wendy

Hi Linda and Kristin,

Thanks so much for posting this information! I'm excited to finally memorize the different Lilith's.  They are very prominent in my chart, so very glad to harness their influence in my soul and evolutionary pattern.

Linda can you change the yellow color to something darker?  I'm having a hard time reading it.  Also Kristin, is Original Lilith #1181?

Thank you and Blessings,
Wendy

Linda

ASTRO.COM

Asteroid Lilith (Original Lilith):  1181 - Appears as 'Lilit'

Dark Moon Lilith:  h58, 'Waldermath' - Appears as 'Walde'

"True" Black Moon Lilith (Resolution Lilith): h13 - Appears as OSC.L (EA uses this one)

"Mean" Black Moon Lilith:  'Lilith' under Additional Objects - Appears as white crescent on a cross    

SOLAR FIRE GOLD:

Asteroid Lilith (Original Lilith) - Chart Options > Extra Ring Points > Asteroid.pte > Edit > Choose Lilith 1181 from Available Points > Add > Save > Select > Appears as Lilith

Dark Moon Lilith (Waltemath) - Chart Options > Extra Ring Points > Jaynehyp.pte > Edit > Choose Dark Moon W'mat2 DkM from Available Points > Add > Save > Select > Appears as DkM

Black Moon Lilith (Resolution Lilith) - Preferences > Edit Settings > Select "True Apogee" > Appears as black moon above a cross  

Sunyata

Regarding the Eclipse of May 10th that falls at 19'31" Taurus, it will be opposing the asteroid Psyche which is at 19'09" rx in Scorpio. I dont know if anyone uses Psyche and Eros (Cupid) in their chart analysis but I found it to be an amazing myth to read .... if anyone has worked with Psyche and wants to elaborate on its meaning that would be great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cupid_and_Psyche

"In the Gnostic text On the Origin of the World, the first rose is created from the blood of Psyche when she loses her virginity to Cupid"
-wikipedia

Upasika

Hi Sunyata,

I checked out the Wikipedia article, but it's the end of the week and I didn't have the stamina to digest it all wholesale. If someone knows about Psyche maybe they could post a brief description...?

Anyway it'll be interesting to observe... Psyche is exactly conjunct SN Mars and close conj to NN Moon (in Scorpio) opposite the Eclipse conj Pallas, Mercury and SN Moon, and Mars (all in Taurus). So not a clear isolated manifestation of it, but it's part of the mix in the Eclipse event.  

blessings Upasika

Kristin

Hi Upasika and Sunyata,

Demetra George spoke on the Sacred Marriage at our last EA conference and included discussions on Psyche, Vesta and Juno . I highly recommend whoever is interested in these asteroids download her talk. It is for sale on the site here.

Psyche = greek meaning of the word SOUL.

In the myth this represents the search for the soul mate union, under the auspices of divine union/energy.

Psyche was the most beautiful mortal, people would flock to her. This made Venus jealous so she sends her son Eros with his bow and arrow to prick her while she is sleeping and cast a spell so that she will fall in love with a monster. Instead he is SO captivated by her beauty, he pricks himself and falls in love with her. In their heavenly castle he comes to her at night. Psyche holds a candle and a dagger in case it is the monster. The situation dissolves because she does not trust him, she doubts him and Psyche is sent back to Earth tattered and in rags, pregnant and alone and looking for Eros. She was then sent to Aphrodite in her desperate attempt to find Eros. She is told in order to be re-united with Eros she was to fulfill a series of tests and trials, each test more impossible than the next, even involving a descent into the underworld -tests that were setting her up to fail. However to everyone's surprise, especially Aphrodite, she succeeds and she is transformed by the Gods into a Goddess and is allowed to marry Eros.

From my observations through synastry it can connect to the Soul mate connection between two people and also that potentially as in the myth that many trials would have to be overcome in order to be together. Via the myth, this is a theme of the pursuit of love against all odds.  It also represents the power of desire/love and when this energy is channeled in such a way, what a Soul can overcome.

In a natal chart, this connects to Souls, depending of course the stage of evolution, with penetrating ability to connect and to understand others with a greater depth, carrying a psychic sense of sorts. For example Jeffrey Green has Psyche in Virgo in the 10th, a SOULWORKER for the sick, he used his psychic lens to help others heal and evolve, those that did not have the capacity to see these things for themselves. He helped the emotionally, psychologically and physically sick, Virgo, via SOUL counseling. It can represent someone who is deeply involved in Soul work of any kind.

If this Psyche is conjunct Venus in someone's chart, If following the myth this would be someone where finding true love and the one true soul mate can be in high focus. If the Psyche/Venus conjunction is making supportive aspects perhaps that soul mate is found. Also I could see this being a symbol for doing deep Soul work together in the world.

As it relates to the transit of Psyche during the New Moon Eclipse, this would certainly reflect pushing the Soul limits for growth, beyond the well of limitation. The opposition represents an opportunity to throw off something from the past that is getting in the way of evolution. Also it could bring those soul mate connections and the growth of the connection into tight focus, to confront-Scorpio and to eliminate all things that are delaying evolution for the couple if that is in question.

Each individual signature is different of course but in general Psyche is about the SOUL and what may be necessary to endure, as witnessed in the myth, in order to fulfill the desires and evolutionary intentions of the Soul.

Peace,
Kristin