School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Request for ideas/tips/ways of discerning the Soul

Started by Elen, Oct 11, 2010, 07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Quote from: bluesky on Oct 15, 2010, 02:36 PM
technically speaking, is the ego/personality indicated by the moon in the chart, and soul by pluto?

yes
and lunar South Node is past ego/personalities, North Node intended direction of evolution of ego/personality
Steve

mountainheather

Hi Rad,
Thank you for your response, I posted my last post after yours but hadn't refreshed my screen, so I missed yours. Anyhow, I am feeling a better sense of this from the analogies you've presented.  Thank you.
I'll make another thread if Ellen is willing or ready or anyone else would be willing to explore themselves specifically with regards to the center of gravity shift of first spiritual. I would like to look at the moon nn sn and rulers to see how they reflect in the shift

Thank you all, Heather

Elen

Hi Heather,

I'm willing but my participation may be spotty - people might have to wait for responses.  It might be interesting to do both of ours at the same time, on the same thread (if you are willing) - getting 2 perspectives on the same phenomenon, yes?

Peace,
Ellen

Elen

Quote from: Steve on Oct 15, 2010, 02:57 PM
Quote from: bluesky on Oct 15, 2010, 02:36 PM
technically speaking, is the ego/personality indicated by the moon in the chart, and soul by pluto?

yes
and lunar South Node is past ego/personalities, North Node intended direction of evolution of ego/personality
Steve

Hi Steve,

So ego and personality are the same thing?

Ellen

mountainheather

Hi Ellen, sorry, I missed your second last post about exploring the 1st spiritual shift. Yes, I can share what I'm able to, although I do wonder how well I'll articulate the experience so that its helpful for the purpose of learning for others.  I am rather finding its about episodic waves of realization for me.  I'm not sure how we will learn what is a typical spiritual shift experience or thought and what is unique to each soul's constellation of archetypes- that is kind of what I am wondering about. How will we proceed so it is useful for others.(ha! realized the virgo-ness of that statement)

With regards to the personality question I do recall JWG mentions it a number of times on the first couple of pages in Pluto 1,  (I had asked the same question awhile back on another thread), and he used the term in reference to ego.

That question prompted another one for me too.  Is the moon's SN the ego/personalities of just the immediate past life or  a symbol of an ongoing theme of egos for the soul.  And also all the SN of all the planets, are they prevailing themes of all past lives or just the most immediate ones?

Thank you, Heather

Steve

Hi Heather and Ellen

Ellen - ego and personality are basically two ways of referring to the same principle - also, self-image, self-identity.

Heather
Quote from: mountainheather on Oct 22, 2010, 11:20 PM
That question prompted another one for me too.  Is the moon's SN the ego/personalities of just the immediate past life or  a symbol of an ongoing theme of egos for the soul.  And also all the SN of all the planets, are they prevailing themes of all past lives or just the most immediate ones?

The south node of moon and all other planets represents the ongoing past evolution of the planetary principle as experienced over the course of a progression of lives, one life leading to the next, to the next, to ultimately the present.

With the Lunar SN it represents the ongoing evolving sense of self-image. 

These pasts (of all planets) are also highly conditioned, having been distorted through thousands of years of patriarchy by now.

Remember that the moon represents what is known safe and familiar, what causes us to feel secure.  Thus the tendency, down through all those past lives, the emotional nature, Moon, of what has caused us to feel secure.  Generally the same from life to life to life with only small changes.  That being the root of why we find it difficult to release from the past, to change in the present.  Because the past represents feelings of security, as it is KNOWN.  Even if what is know is dysfunctional, it is still known, familiar.  The present calls us to step into what is NOT known, which tends to feel insecure, not known.

The essence of patriarchal distortion is that we have come to accept as normal what in fact is quite distorted.  To the point that most people, when presented with what is actually natural, find it odd, primitive, strange, uncomfortable, not normal-feeling.  Because next to nothing in modern life is natural. 
Natural is giving, sharing, inclusion, cooperation.  Distortion is self-interest, domination-submission, hierarchy, superiority-inferiority, etc. 
Steve