School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Scorpio South Node and Pluto

Started by Dhyana, Sep 17, 2010, 02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhyana

I was just watching the course video where jwg was talking about the mitigating factors like when Pluto is conjunct either of the nodes  etc.

And I began to wonder about the the Scorpio South Node. Since Pluto is the ruler of Scorpio, then is having a SN in Scorpio the same in some way to having Pluto conjunct the South Node? If so, then I imagine we would interpret that the same as if Pluto were conjunct the SN??. And if not, why? And then what is the significance of having a SN in Scorpio, seeing that INDEED Pluto is it's ruler, so it must have some significant meaning to have a SN Scorpio. What is that? -how to interpret that?

Thank you for helping me with this query.

Love,
Dhyana

Rad

Hi Dhyana,

Quote from: Dhyana on Sep 17, 2010, 02:09 AM
I was just watching the course video where jwg was talking about the mitigating factors like when Pluto is conjunct either of the nodes  etc.

And I began to wonder about the the Scorpio South Node. Since Pluto is the ruler of Scorpio, then is having a SN in Scorpio the same in some way to having Pluto conjunct the South Node?

No, it isn't the same.

If so, then I imagine we would interpret that the same as if Pluto were conjunct the SN??. And if not, why? And then what is the significance of having a SN in Scorpio, seeing that INDEED Pluto is it's ruler, so it must have some significant meaning to have a SN Scorpio. What is that? -how to interpret that?

The significance is that Souls who have this symbol have overly identified with their sense of security, emotional/ psychological/ sexual, in specific and fixed ways that that over identification has caused the Soul to stop evolving due to the compulsiveness of it, the fixity of it. Thus, the Soul, by it's own design, has created in most recent prior lives a series of lives of intense loss of those dynamics that have been overly identified with. This has been necessary in order for the Soul to continue with it's evolution. Thus, the N.Node being in Taurus and the total evolutionary change within the Soul in terms of it's own inner relationship with itself. In so changing the Soul is thus changing it's own inner magnetism, which, in turn, allows for an attraction of these exact types of circumstances that allows the Soul to continue to grow and evolve.

God Bless, Rad

Dhyana

Hi Rad,

I was reading this again and I have a question about what is in BOLD below.

You wrote-"The significance is that Souls who have this symbol have overly identified with their sense of security, emotional/ psychological/ sexual, in specific and fixed ways that that over identification has caused the Soul to stop evolving due to the compulsiveness of it, the fixity of it. Thus, the Soul, by it's own design, has created in most recent prior lives a series of lives of intense loss of those dynamics that have been overly identified with. This has been necessary in order for the Soul to continue with it's evolution. Thus, the N.Node being in Taurus and the total evolutionary change within the Soul in terms of it's own inner relationship with itself.

In so changing the Soul is thus changing it's own inner magnetism, which, in turn, allows for an attraction of these exact types of circumstances that allows the Soul to continue to grow and evolve."

The word THESE, in the sentence you wrote that I bolded, are you referring to the the circumstances of loss (Scorpio) or the new evolutionary circumstances (Taurus) that would correlate to new circumstances (Taurus) ?

Thanks
Dhyana

Dhyana

Hi Rad,

Just asking this again in case it was missed last week. I know last week was really busy on here.  ;)

Hi Rad,

I was reading this again and I have a question about what is in BOLD below.

You wrote-"The significance is that Souls who have this symbol have overly identified with their sense of security, emotional/ psychological/ sexual, in specific and fixed ways that that over identification has caused the Soul to stop evolving due to the compulsiveness of it, the fixity of it. Thus, the Soul, by it's own design, has created in most recent prior lives a series of lives of intense loss of those dynamics that have been overly identified with. This has been necessary in order for the Soul to continue with it's evolution. Thus, the N.Node being in Taurus and the total evolutionary change within the Soul in terms of it's own inner relationship with itself.

In so changing the Soul is thus changing it's own inner magnetism, which, in turn, allows for an attraction of these exact types of circumstances that allows the Soul to continue to grow and evolve."

The word THESE, in the sentence you wrote that I bolded, are you referring to the the circumstances of loss (Scorpio) or the new evolutionary circumstances (Taurus) that would correlate to new circumstances (Taurus) ?

Thanks
Dhyana

serban_p

Hi everybody,

I was going through this thread and I would like to ask what would be the way out of a situation where the SN in Scorpio is the resolution node for skipped steps existing in the birth chart. 

Since in that situation a polarity point for Pluto would apply and a decision to embrace that PPP would be required in order to proceed with the resolution of the skipped steps, how does natal Pluto fit into the picture, considering that it is the ruler of the resolution node and that embracing the dynamics associated with the ruler of the resolution node, by house and sign, facilitates the resolution of the skipped steps?

All the best,

Serban

Rad

Hi Dhyana,

First, sorry I missed your post. The word 'these' applies to the types of circumstances the Soul will recreate relative to both the dynamics that are symbolized by the S.Node in Scorpio, and the N.Node in Taurus. The underlying issue here is of course on of skipped steps. Thus, consistent with those skipped steps the Soul has been flip flopping back and forth between these two dynamics, the N. and S. Node, without fully developing either. So with that resolution Node being the S.Node that becomes the Node to consistently integrate the entire life around. With the N.Node being in Taurus that is the evolutionary intent of the Soul that is in the ongoing process of totally metamorphosing it's inner relationship to itself that finally leads to a state of deep inner security from within itself. This then changes the inner magnetism of the Soul in such a way that the dynamics of the S.Node in Scorpio then also evolve. A simple example: this type of Soul will have had many prior life experiences in relationships in which they became compulsively dependent on another to the point of stopping their own individual growth because of the dependency. In order for the necessary growth the occur the Soul created experiences of intense loss of the one's in which that dependency was created upon them. The intent im this was to enforce the N.Node in Taurus evolutionary next step: to learn a self-reliance.

This would then create a cycle in which the Soul would find itself totally alone with the famous rug pulled out from their feet. Yet for a series of lives that very aloneness would cause the Soul to compulsively try to recreate relationships with another in which the same dependency on that other would reoccur. So back and forth between these two dynamics the Soul would go for a series of lifetimes.

With the resolution Node being the S.Node this then means that such a Soul must learn fully how to develop in own inner relationship to itself that becomes the source of their own sustainment emotionally and psychologically yet, at the same time, learn how to do that in the context of relationships of every kind, including an intimate other. This is that which then changes the inner magnetism of the Soul that allows it to attract differently another to be in relationship with. That would then mean that the intimate other would ALSO HAVE TO BE ANOTHER SOUL HAS ALSO LEARNED THIS LESSON OF TOTAL SELF RELIANCE WITHIN THEM SELF. Thus, two Souls who are together in a deep and committed relationship in which each is psychologically and emotionally self reliant. When this is accomplished the Soul has now successfully recovered it's skipped steps.

In this paradigm there is of course the polarity point to Pluto itself in the current life. This polarity point correlates to the core of the Soul's next evolutionary step. As such it provides for new content to enter into the consciousness of the Soul where the nature of that new content is symbolized by the opposite house and sign of the natal Pluto. As the Soul progressively expands it's existing consciousness with this new content it then allows for an evolution of the natal Pluto itself: an expansion or evolution upon the existing consciousness of the natal Pluto from birth. This evolution, because of the expanded content of the consciousness within the Soul, thus allows for a new orientation to the nature of the skipped steps themselves relative to the squares of the N and S Nodes to the natal Pluto. We must remember that those Nodes are also square the POLARITY POINT OF PLUTO ITSELF. Thus, the new orientation to the nature of the skipped steps creates the promise for the Soul to make NEW CHOICES relative to the nature of the skipped steps themselves.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Serban,

See above.

God Bless, Rad

Dhyana

Rad

I   am   SO  greatful   for   that   reply  post  !

(it was totally worth the wait )

Namaste`

Dhyana

serban_p

Hi Rad,

Thank you for clearing that up. I would like to ask one more question though, if that is ok with you (as in if you are not exasperated with me not getting it)
Quote from: Rad on Dec 22, 2010, 10:57 AM
With the resolution Node being the S.Node this then means that such a Soul must learn fully how to develop in own inner relationship to itself that becomes the source of their own sustainment emotionally and psychologically yet, at the same time, learn how to do that in the context of relationships of every kind, including an intimate other.

I was wondering how the situation would be different if the resolution node were the NN in Taurus? Wouldn't the Soul also have to develop self-reliance in the context of relationships of every kind, including intimate ones in that situation as well?

In other words, reading your post goes a long way in helping me understand what JWG meant when he wrote that with the SN being the resolution node this means that the PPP and the North Node must be integrated through the South Node. The problem is that what you wrote makes so much sense that I am having trouble imagining how the situation would possibly be different if the Taurus NN were the resolution node.

All the best,

Serban

Rad

Hi Serban,

Why don't you see if you can work that out yourself given you now know how this particular works. We can continue from there if you wish.

God Bless, Rad

serban_p

Hi Rad,

I think that with the SN in Scorpio and the NN in Taurus being the resolution node (i.e. Pluto square the nodes and applying to the NN) this would mean that in the current lifetime the Soul would need to learn to engage in deep and transformative relationships that allow the Soul to grow past its limitations yet in order to be able to do this the Soul needs to develop self-reliance as a prerequisite condition for this kind of personal growth.

In other words, the Soul would need to learn to merge with something that enables the Soul to evolve on a core level, yet in order to be able to engage in such a metamorphic process, the Soul would require a very solid inner foundation. That would mean that the Soul can engage in a meaningful manner in such a relationship that has the potential of expanding its limitations, only if it is able to meet those types of needs that have to be met from within.

Failure to meet such needs would lead to a projection of these unfulfilled needs onto the outside world and an attempt to merge with what is perceived as representing whatever the Soul lacks, thus creating a distorted expression of the Soul's desire to grow past its limitations (and maybe the skipped steps can be explained in this light, i.e. failed attempts of the Soul to compensate for not being able to sustain itself from within by trying to merge with something that was believed to provide that which the Soul lacked from within, thus setting the stage for the experiences of loss that accompany such a projection of unfulfilled needs, then followed by cycles of withdrawal when the Soul feared becoming too involved in meaningful relationships and strongly resisted growth by withdrawing from relationships).

As such, Pluto applying to the Taurus North Node would mean that in order to handle the intensity of the transformation that Scorpio desires, the Soul needs to learn to sustain itself from within. This means that the Soul needs to face its own limitations and evolve past them (the evolutionary intentions of the Scorpio South Node), yet this can be done only to the extent that the Soul identifies and is able to rely on its inner resources (Taurus resolution node). In more graphic terms, the Soul needs to have no "loose ends" on its part (i.e. needs that have to be met from within and have not been fulfilled), so that it can undergo such a transformative process without running the risk of losing itself in the distorted expression of Scorpio. Once this is achieved, the skipped steps are recovered.

That's pretty much my understanding of how this situation should be interpreted. Hope that at least some of what I wrote is correct.

All the best,

Serban

Rad

Hi Serban,

You did just fine. Thanks for making the effort. The key as you rightly pointed out is for the Soul to focus on it's own inherent resources/ capacities/ and abilities and to fully develop them from within as the base line for it's life. And to do so in the context of a committed relationship with another. I have seen many with this signature over the years in which such a Soul would spend lengths of time focused on some capacity such as being an artist which would require a relative isolation from their relationship with the committed other. Developing whatever the capacity or inherent resources are that the Soul has does require through that resolution Node such periods of relative isolation. And that is intentional in order to resolve the skipped steps. It does lead the way to self reliance in such a way that the prior compulsions defined by their projected needs upon another(s) is simply eliminated. Evolution then proceeds.

God Bless, Rad

serban_p

Hi Rad,

Thank you for your kind words. Since you said that we can continue discussing this topic and as I still feel that I am not completely grasping all the issues involved, I have some additional questions:

1. Would it be correct to say that in a skipped steps scenario the resolution node represents a method of achieving the evolutionary intentions of the other node, in order to recover the skipped steps? That would mean that the other node is indicating WHAT needs to be achieved, while the resolution node indicates HOW the Soul must go about doing this. In other words, by consistently developing the resolution node, the evolutionary intentions that are described by the other node are being worked upon. The reason that I am asking is that with SN Scorpio and NN Taurus the underlying themes of forming a relationship with something/someone that allows the Soul to grow past its limitations (Scorpio) and developing one's inner resources as a means of sustaining oneself from within (Taurus) are both a part of the Soul's past as well as its future, yet neither has been totally achieved. That would mean that: (i) with the SN being the resolution node, the Soul must achieve self-reliance (evolutionary intentions of the North Node) by becoming involved in relationships that allow the Soul to grow past its existing limitations; whereas (ii) with the NN being the resolution node, the Soul must form relationships that allow it to grow past its limitations (evolutionary intentions of the South Node) by developing his inner resources.

2. Would it be correct to say that even though the evolutionary past of a Soul with SN in Scorpio and Pluto square the nodes and applying to the South Node is different from the evolutionary past of a Soul with SN in Taurus and Pluto square the nodes and applying to the North Node, in the current lifetime both these Souls would need to address the skipped steps issue in the same way, i.e they would have to achieve self-reliance (evolutionary intentions of the non-resolution node) by becoming involved in relationships with others who have learned this lesson?

All the best,

Serban

Rad

Hi Serban,

Yes, to both of your questions. And, remember, it is critical to understand the difference between the S.Node when Pluto is apply to it, versus applying to the N.Node, relative to where the Soul is 'coming from' and the reasons for that.

God Bless, Rad

serban_p

Hi Rad,

Thank you so much for your patience.

All the best,

Serban