School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Planetary Nodes

Started by Rad, Sep 30, 2010, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi All,

Been thinking about starting a new thread that would deal with how to understand and apply the Planetary Nodes in Evolutionary Astrology. Beyond the conceptual understanding of the Planetary Nodes, which is essential of course, I would like to apply that understanding to actual birth charts. So if you would like to participate in this journey/ thread please let me know.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Yes, I would like to participate. This is an area that is quite new to me - and I would love to learn more about it. Thank you Rad.

ari moshe

This is a blessing Rad. I am interested in this. Thank you so much for this offer!
God Bless,
Ari Moshe

Dhyana

Funny, I was hoping for this --just thinking over the last few days that I was going to put together something in writing for myself to work with the Nodes, through each house pair, on a very deep level. So very interesting indeed, you should suggest this Rad. Thank you. So yes, I am interested.

In The Deepest Love,
Dhyana

ps. i will definately be reading this topic, and hopefully able to participate too.

Upasika

Hi Rad,

I'm a bit sidelined healthwise at the moment, but I think this is a great topic and would try and tag along as best I could even if that might not be very much.

thanks and blessings, Upasika

Bradley J

Hi Rad,

Great idea, thanks.  I am interested and I have just moved, so I am unsure of my time to commit to this.  However, seeing as my timing has been fine in the practice charts, it may work out just fine.  I will communicate accordingly.

Also, wanted to share that I've at last been reading Pluto II and have progressed into the relationship dvds.
Excited to continue the journey. 
Thanks for all your support.

Goddess Bless,
Bradley

Elen

Hi Rad,
Not sure what happened to my post, but I'm very interested in this topic and so thankful that you have brought it up.  I will most likely just be reading along.  I am ever hopeful that I will find a way to manage my life/time at this time to allow formal ea study, but so far, with school, not able to do.  Looking forward to the discussion, though.

Peace,
Ellen

jana

I don't know enough to contribute, but as always will love to read and absorb what is put up and commented on  :).

Rad

All,

Ok, here is the conceptual basis for  understanding the Planetary Nodes. For those who are wishing to participate in this thread please read through it. If you don't understand something then please post to me whatever your question is. Once we get through the initial understanding of the Planetary Nodes then we can begin to apply that understanding to actual charts. God Bless, Rad

THE USE AND FUNCTION OF PLANETARY NODES

Any natal planet will have it's own North and South nodes. The natal planets correlate to the current life of course. Yet each one of these planets have a past that has brought it to the current life. And that past is defined by not only the actual house and sign of the natal planet, but also it's own S.Node. Thus, the relationship between the natal planet by house, sign, and aspects correlates to the totality of it's past that directly correlates to how and why it has come into the current life: the past that has lead to the current moment, one's current life. So, in essence, the natal planet by house, sign, and aspect, relative to it's S.Node, is the totality of that past that has lead to the current moment, the current life. This is no different that the S.Node of the Moon, and the current natal Moon in one's birth chart. All the prior life egocentric structures created by the Soul that have correlated to prior live evolutionary dynamics that have lead to the current life, the current egocentric structure that has been created because of the totality of the past. The current life Moon sign is the bridge between the past and the future, it's N.Node, as integrated and lived on a moment to moment basis in the context of the current life. Thus, the current life Moon by house, sign, and aspects, relative to it's Nodes, and the planetary ruler of those Nodes by their own house and sign locations, the aspects to them, is the constant that evolves within itself as a reflection of this dynamic tension between the past and the future as integrated in each moment of our life.

This is exactly the same for all of our planets. They are in their own houses and signs, making whatever aspects to other planets, that have all contributed to the past life development of those planets that constitute the existing reality for any of us at the moment of birth. The S.Nodes of these planets, like the S.Node of the Moon, correlates to the history of those planets at different points in time. This correlates to the inner memories in any of our Souls that have all lead to the orientation of our Soul's to the current life that we are living, the very reasons for the current life in all of it's dimensions that must keep evolving, keep moving towards a future that is reflected in the ongoing evolutionary intentions for our Souls.

All planets have their N.Nodes, just as the Moon does. The N.Node of these planets, like the Moon, correlates to the evolutionary progression and development of those planets. The natal position of the whatever planet, like the Moon, correlates to how the dynamic tension of our past and future is lived and integrated in each moment of our life. In essence, our past leads to the current moment, and that current moment is always moving towards a future. We can only know that there is in fact a future because we have had a past. The past leading to the moment is that which serves as the way any of us integrate, and move forwards into our future, where that future is the evolutionary intentions for our current life. Thus, the N.Nodes of the planets serve as the vehicles for the evolutionary future to manifest which is integrated in each moment by natal position of those planets.

The Nodes of Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto move very, very slowly over great lengths of time. Thus, they have a generational as well as an individual application. Individual because they will be in each person's natal chart somewhere that is unique to that person. Yet generational because they are in the same sign for all of us. The S.Nodes of Pluto, Jupiter, and Saturn  are in Capricorn for all us. The N.Nodes in Cancer for all of us. Historically speaking, the S.Nodes of these planets are in Capricorn, And that is the time frame in which the transition between the Matriarchy and the Patriarchy occurred. All Souls on Earth as a result are linked to that time whether they actually lived at that time or not. It is the COLLECTIVE MEMORY of that time that all Souls will draw upon as reflected in the current life they are living. So too with the S.Node of Uranus which will be in Sagittarius for all of us, it's N.Node in Gemini. And the S.Node of Neptune is in Aquarius for all of us, and it's N.Node in Leo. The N.Nodes of all of these planets thus correlate to all peoples living on the planet now. They correlate to the evolutionary intentions for the entire species as that species, human beings, continue to evolve as a species. And, of course, the ongoing evolutionary intentions and necessities of the species can only be understood in direct relationship the past of that species: the S.Nodes.

Mars, Mercury, and Venus and their Nodes move through the signs much more quickly that the outer planets do. And these planets all correlate to that which is highly personal and unique to each Soul, it's own individual reality that exists within the context of living with all the other humans that are living at the same time. The same principles of the past leading to the moment,  and how that moment moves to the future applies in these Nodes as well of course. The natal sign of these planets is that which is the constant, that which integrates the dynamic tension between the past and the future that is experienced in each moment. This then allows for an evolution to take place within the natal sign and house of these planets. Nothing is ever static. Everything evolves.

In doing Evolutionary Astrology, as we can see, it is essential that we are able to see and deal with the various dimensions of time, and how those various dimensions of time, specific time frames, that correlate to specific lifetimes and the reasons for those lifetimes, interface and interact within themselves. It is this that correlates in each Soul's inner reality about the nature of it's own evolution through time. It is this that correlates to the specific nature of each Soul: it's own unique prior lifetimes, and the reasons for them that have been created through the vehicle of desires. It is this that allows us to understand the nature of the CURRENT LIFE, AND WHY THE CURRENT LIFE. And, it is this that allows us to understand the evolutionary intentions for any Soul, it own next steps as reflected in the N.Nodes of the planets. When all of this is understood through the core evolutionary paradigm for all charts, the natal Pluto, it's polarity point, the N and S Nodes of the Moon, the location of it's planetary rulers, then a total understanding of any Souls evolutionary journey can be understood.

ari moshe

Rad that was the most clear description I have ever read, thank you so much for writing that out.

On the planetary nodes dvd someone asked JWG if he would explain "how" he came to associate all the sn's in Capricorn to the transition from Matriarchy to Patriarchy- "why that parituclar time period?" JWG responded something of the nature that it would take too long to explain how he figured that out.

I was wondering if this is something we can explore here. Does this have to do with geodetic equivalents? If so, then I should probably educate myself more about that first...
Thank you,
Ari Moshe

Wendy

Hi Rad,

I too would like to follow and participate in this thread.  One question, will we need astrological software to determine the nodes of planets?

Thanks,
Wendy

Dhyana

Quote from: Wendy on Oct 04, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi Rad,

I too would like to follow and participate in this thread.  One question, will we need astrological software to determine the nodes of planets?

Thanks,
Wendy

hi Rad,

OHHHH --after reading Wendy's message I realized that this topic isnt about what i thought it was going to be about.  I though it was going to be about the  NN and the SN and moving all through the house pairs.

But now I see you mean the Nodes of Each Planet!

OOPS, sorry for my  mis-interpreting the topic.

I don't think I am ready to participate in this thread yet bc I am still just grasping the basics.

But I'm sure I will pop in to read it from time to time and will be nice to know it is here in the archives for when I get that far into my studies

Thanks for understanding
Dhyana

ari moshe

Hi Wendy,

QuoteI too would like to follow and participate in this thread.  One question, will we need astrological software to determine the nodes of planets?

Nope, there's a site that you can get it for free. This an asteroid ephemeris Steve posted in the MISC section. This ephemeris also provides the north and south node of any celestial body.

http://www.true-node.com/eph1/
Ari Moshe

Wendy

Quote from: ari moshe on Oct 04, 2010, 10:11 PM
Hi Wendy,

QuoteI too would like to follow and participate in this thread.  One question, will we need astrological software to determine the nodes of planets?

Nope, there's a site that you can get it for free. This an asteroid ephemeris Steve posted in the MISC section. This ephemeris also provides the north and south node of any celestial body.

http://www.true-node.com/eph1/
Ari Moshe

Really!  So cool.  I have been wondering about several planets on my chart and didn't know how to figure the nodal relationships.

Thanks Ari!

Steve

hi

also, any necessary charts can be posted here for download with the planetary nodes included.  I have Solar Fire set up to display all planetary nodes in an outer ring around the main circle of planets
Steve