Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scorpio archetype  (Read 10258 times)
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #75 on: Nov 20, 2010, 02:26 AM »

Thank you to Deva for moderating this thread, and to all those who participated.
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #76 on: Nov 20, 2010, 01:05 PM »

Thanks also to Dhyana and Adina for the info on Egypt, and Taurus/Scorpio.

Skywalker will be hosting the new thread on the Sagittarius archetype - and Steve will be the moderator working in the background.  Looking forward to that - coming very soon.
mountainheather

« Reply #77 on: Nov 20, 2010, 04:22 PM »

Two last q's on Scorpio:

Is scorpio's motivation always hidden or subconscious? Is this what we are looking at in a shamanic journey:  the landscape of Scorpio?
Also should the words direct experience and proof also be added with regards to Scorpio?

Thanks all, Heather.
Dhyana
Very Active Member

« Reply #78 on: Nov 20, 2010, 08:37 PM »

Ari,

The part from your book was really clear to me. A lot of insights and connections were made for me with this. I wanted to personally thank you for this contribution on this Scorpio thread.

Dhyana

Hi Heather and Linda,

Are the desires of the soul always unconscious until they register with either the moon, the nodes, or mars?

Here's an excerpt from a little book I am working on:

"This impulse to evolve is entirely unconscious. The soul is not aware of itself in this way...
At a certain point the emotional information that a soul experiences leads to a new conscious awareness of its own dynamics. This awareness having previously been primarily unconscious.

The emotions give us all the pertinent information we can ever know about ourselves in any moment.
A soul has to become consciously aware of itself in such a way that it can evolve beyond its addictions, resistance, obsessions etc. This is what happens through the north node of the Moon. If a soul is only aware of itself through the filter of the south node of the Moon, then there is no self awareness that can possible include any information that would enable change from within (Pluto via its polarity point)."

You can think of the soul's desire an impulse that is literally UNTRANSLATABLE to the human experience. It's very intangible. If a soul is obsessed with making more money, to the point that in a Scorpionic way, it will do anything necessary to achieve the wealth it thinks it needs, that obsession is really just pointing the way to a deeper desire. We can ask "why" that obsession? And we can keep on asking why until we get to "why separation from God in the first place"?

In other words the soul may desire something, however that desire is just the result of an even deeper psychology, and that is just the result of an even deeper psychology. The desires of the soul are made conscious through the nodes and the Moon, however, as is the nature of desire, once one layer is worked through, there is always a deeper layer.

Since the Scorpio archetype is perhaps the deepest most penetrating sign, it asks the "why" of anything and will naturally probe into its own psychology.  The intensity, passion and obsession could be the way this sign needs to operate - it has a Mars feel to it, like "pushing forward."  Mars is necessary to actualize the deepest Soul desires.  That is why Mars is considered to be the little brother of Pluto:  they really do work together.  Not sure about the Moon, but the Nodes operate consciously.  

The Moon too. The Moon is actually what enables a soul to emotionally integrate the known identity with the unknown, moment to moment. Pluto via the nodes, and the nodal rulers are are all processed through the Moon on a moment to moment basis. And thus the polarity point to the Moon is a valuable point to consider as well.
Ari Moshe
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #79 on: Nov 20, 2010, 10:19 PM »

Thank you adina. I guess I must have simplified and then concluded that my past in mid east correlated to my SN alone. Looks like there is a WHOLE lot more to consider then!  

One thing I cannot deny, is my own direct experience in this regard, but astrologically speaking, what it correlates to--well in that regard, I have much to discover from this paradigm. Apologies Wendy.

Apologies all, for taking that to mean scorpio relates to mid east.  Undecided

I suppose I should just wait, slow down and check before I reply. I's a good lesson in refining for me though --lol.

Dhyana, no apology necessary here, and thank you for your consideration.  I asked about Egypt because I have had many lives there, but never correlated it to astrology, other than thinking about Lions and cats and thus I oriented Egypt to Leo (my Sun sign).

Relating Egypt to Scorpio in my chart? could be Neptune in Scorpio, Venus Pluto conjunction, or Moon in the 8th, otherwise not sure.  The mystery schools associated to Scorpio feels right for sure.  Adina's post confirms much of what I have thought before and read from others astrological sources too.

Quote from: Adina
Wolf...DID teach that Scorpio IS related to ancient Egypt, and according to the Astrological Ages that he provided, Scorpio is the sub-age of the Taurus Age, with the Taurus Age covering from approximately 4420 - 3340 BCE, and the Scorpio Sub-age from about 3340 - 2260 BCE. So this could give a time span for lifetimes lived that relate to planets and nodes placed in Taurus/Scorpio. Leo, I think, was Atlantis, Lemuria, and the like. 

Makes sense...

Libra related to Ancient Rome and Greece.

We are of course now finishing the Virgo sub-age of the Pisces Age, which I would think would relate to the Holy Land, and more - certainly Christianity.

So true.

Just consider some of the historical events that have transpired in the last 2000 years and you'll better understand WHY Virgo and Pisces stand for the sadomasochism, the "never good enough" syndrome, etc., etc.

I remember that Sagittarius represents cultures that lived close to the land and according to NATURAL laws, while Gemini is more city-type living (although I'm not sure where I picked up the info on Gemini right at the moment).

I've read that about Gemini before.

Cancer and Cap are Matrilineal and Patrilineal Ages.
[quote/]

Thanks Dhyana and Adina.

Egyptian Blessings,
Wendy
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #80 on: Nov 22, 2010, 02:48 AM »

Two last q's on Scorpio:

Is scorpio's motivation always hidden or subconscious? Is this what we are looking at in a shamanic journey:  the landscape of Scorpio?
Also should the words direct experience and proof also be added with regards to Scorpio?

Thanks all, Heather.

Hi Heather,

There's no reason why this thread should not continue, so I hope your questions get answered.

To me, it seems like a contradiction that on the one hand Scorpio/Pluto (the Soul) is unconscious of its desires, yet on the other hand Scorpio will dig very deeply into its own psychology which indicates this archetype is conscious and aware of its own motivations.  "The eye of the eagle."   Ari provided a good answer: 

Ari's quote: "........the soul may desire something, however that desire is just the result of an even deeper psychology, and that is just the result of an even deeper psychology. The desires of the soul are made conscious through the nodes and the Moon, however, as is the nature of desire, once one layer is worked through, there is always a deeper layer."

I know for sure that Scorpio does look for proof of anything.
Deva

« Reply #81 on: Nov 22, 2010, 08:31 AM »

Hi Heather, no the motivations within Scorpio are not always unconscious. Some people with a lot of Scorpio energy in their chart make it a point to do everything with specific motivations/intentions that are very conscious. They are very sensitive/aware of the motivations/intentions of others and can detect "funny business" or ulterior motives of others very easily. Others are not conscious of their underlying motivations/intentions, but become aware of them at some point through either psychoanalysis  through confrontation with others. In my view, as we evolve we progressively become aware of the unconscious desires/motivations within ourselves. (This occurs as we ask the Scorpio question "why" over and over again)!
As evolve we do become progressively more aligned with, and conscious of, our Soul and desire to purge separating desires that were previously not conscious. Yes, Scorpio definitely requires direct proof and experience.
Hope this helps!
Deva   
mountainheather

« Reply #82 on: Nov 22, 2010, 01:45 PM »

Linda and Deva, thank you for your replies, they both are helping me to understand this better.
Deep blessings, Heather
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: