Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Questions about the latter stages of human evolution  (Read 1087 times)
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« on: Oct 26, 2010, 12:24 AM »

Hi all,

I want to check that I unerstand the higher degrees of evolution. Here are a couple questions:

1. Adyashanti is a teacher who primarily gives satsangs in the bay area, and holds retreats throughout the year. Many of this teachings, mostly videos are available for free. Based on the effect he has on other people, the integrity and consistency of his life style, and the "pointing the way home" quality of his teachings, I estimate him to be in the second stage of the third sub-stage of the spiritual state.

I was thinking that it would be a good learning if others would share their own reflections about this souls ea state.
Here is an article: http://www.ofspirit.com/adyashanti1.htm
And here is a youtube of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hpnlPpVZko

Another observation is he seems to embody a "Uranian" enlightenment. His teachings are very much about the unconditioned mind. Being free from the toughs, beliefs, ideas of who we are, in place for the moment to moment experience of our being. So that brings up the question for me:

2. Is there a level of evolution that is correlated to Uranus? And thus this would correlate to the aim of practices such as zen and the likes?

3.I just find it so fascinating that some teachers emphasize service and devotion, whereas other emphasize deconditioning. They are so different, and I wonder if they actually correlate to different levels of evolution.
Thank you, With Love,
Ari Moshe
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2010, 08:14 AM »

Hi Ari

I liked your question, in the part about Uranus archetype in spiritual condition. Not sure if you’re pointing in the direction I have thought of. We know that within evolutionary states Uranus defines Individuation, while Neptune defines the Spiritual state. The analysis of one of the practice charts of an individuated paradigm made reference to Krishnamurti, and the essence of his teachings being deconditioning from artificial belief systems, ie. an Uranian archetype. These types of teachings were prescribed for a Soul at the 3rd stage individuated state. Here is the link to that post:

(http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,21.msg2663.html#msg2663)

Then, why would a Soul at a spiritual state have a mission related to socially liberating a group of people? (this is where I am not sure to where your question is pointing at). Aurobindo was a revolutionary who worked for the liberation of India. I read he gave up this work and devoted to spiritual teachings when he was revealed that India would attain freedom, and the new direction he had to follow. Or Moses, who had a mission to liberate his people from captivity in Egypt. These are Uranian missions. I suppose that this uranian element is not specific to Spiritual evolutionary condition, but is, instead, specific of the missions these Souls had in relation to their people. 

Would be glad to hear your further thoughts on this.

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 27, 2010, 12:18 PM »

Ari,

I would add that Uranus, as an archetype, does correlate to 'liberation'. Liberation can be applied to many things of course. From a spiritual point of view it means liberation of the Soul by way of the realizations about the nature of Creation itself, and living accordingly. This is why in Indian iconography we see a liberated Soul having a crescent moon on their forehead. The liberation of the ego from identifying with only itself, and shifting into true universal consciousness wherein the center of gravity within consciouses is the Soul itself.

God Bless, Rad
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2010, 06:46 PM »

3.I just find it so fascinating that some teachers emphasize service and devotion, whereas other emphasize deconditioning. They are so different, and I wonder if they actually correlate to different levels of evolution.

Sounds exactly like 1st stage spiritual Virgo archetype, service and devotion, thus deconditioning must correlate with 3rd stage spiritual.  What astrological archetype is 3rd stage correlated with?  2nd is Leo, right?
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 28, 2010, 12:27 PM »

Hi Wendy,

Yes, to Leo at the 2nd stage of the Spirtual condition. The 3rd Stage within that phase is Pisces.

God Bless, Rad
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2010, 07:29 PM »

Thanks Gonzalo and Rad,

The liberation of the ego from identifying with only itself, and shifting into true universal consciousness wherein the center of gravity within consciouses is the Soul itself.

So it seems to me, that in the spiritual state, the function of Uranus plays out in just that way. It is necceasary for each soul to be free from the totality of its conditioning, in order to realize its true nature. In the spiritual state, this will naturally correlate to the totality of conditioning that veils identification with one's true nature.

Here's my question asked in a new way: Teachers like Adyashanti, and others from the zen tradition, emphasize on the unconditioned mind, the unborn face etc- whereas teachers like amma, and other bhakti, devotional paths, focus on service. I don't see a contradiction- as both paths point to our true nature as Soul/essence/awareness...

However the essence of Adyashanti seems to be a spiritual state Uranus, while Amma seems to essentialize a spiritual state Neptune. And so my question is, does this simply reflect different "qualities" of these unique paths, these unique souls- and does not have any correlation to levels of evolution?

OR is Amma at a latter stage of evolution than Adyashanti? Thank you.
With Love,
Ari Moshe

Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2010, 08:31 PM »

Ari,

You got me thinking and searching...

Hope it's okay to express "a few thoughts" here as regard to your above question.  I've been listening to many of Adyashanti's videos after you had posted the link.

2nd stage Spiritual correlates to the Leo energies.  Could Adyashanti be in this 2nd stage but working through the Aquarius polarity?

I've searched and found that he was born in 1962 in Cupertino, California, USA, which makes him 48 years old.

The South Node was in Aquarius for the whole of 1962 (except for the last 9 days in December), and Uranus was moving back and forth from late degrees Leo into early Virgo, in balsamic conjunction with Pluto.

Notice also that in February and March 1962 all of these planets were in Aquarius:  the Sun, South Node, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn.  If he were born in either of these months, this would account for the over-emphasis in Aquarius coming through his teachings and/or personality.
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2010, 09:55 AM »

Oh that's interesting that the Aquarius archetype happens to be karmicly prominent for him regardless. Thanks for sharing your thoughts Linda.

Regardless of his Aquarius personality- the quality of his consciousness expresses as an enlightened Aquarius.

Maybe in correlation to the fact that Aquarius manifests as a prominent archetpye for this soul, perhaps this is just the form through which these teachings are meant to express. Amma for example has a prominent Pisces archetype coming up in her chart, and so she's operating in that way within the context of Third stage spiritual. Perhaps Adyashanti is operating in this Aquarian way within the context of third stage spiritual.

I'm interested in what you said about him being second stage spiritual. The question that comes up for me about that is, is this in fact a characteristic of second stage spiritual: the Aquarius polarity expressing as a detachment where there would otherwise be intense ego-centricism?

I understand that Virgo polarity to the third stage spiritual Pisces will express itself as a particular form, modality through which the soul is meant to be of service. I'd imagine that the Aquarius polarity fo the second stage spiritual Leo would express itself as "being better than", spiritual elitism, regarding one's path as better, more evolved, than others etc. Is it possible that Adyashanti is still in this stage?

Is a key during second stage spiritual to remain humble an not give in to the temptation to be more than who one is? From what I have come to understand, it almost seems that such a "spiritual ego" is unavoidable.
Ari Moshe
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:20 PM »

Ari
Is a key during second stage spiritual to remain humble an not give in to the temptation to be more than who one is? From what I have come to understand, it almost seems that such a "spiritual ego" is unavoidable.

I asked a lot of questions about 2nd stage spiritual "back when".  The 2nd stage spiritual archetype of the "spiritual ego" is a NATURAL archetype.  Thus it is a part of the design and intent within life's evolving stages.  Thus it is not avoidable. 

Wolf said several times if one remains aligned with natural law during that process, realizing that stage is natural, then it does not have to go to the extremes we see too many examples of.  That those extremes are all patriarchal distortions of the natural archetype.   Ranjneesh/Osho, etc.

I'm not sure until reaching that state its possible for us to give suggestions on how to ride it out in alignment with natural law.  We can make lots of statements about how it would be possible, but they are made from our present perspective.  Until we reach that level of realization, how do we know how those temptations will reveal themselves?  Sure it will involve remaining humble.  But I suspect by then one's definition of humble will have changed quite a bit from what it is now.

Maybe humble now is to accept there are some things we really can't know or understand until its time for us to know them.
Steve

ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2010, 02:47 PM »

Thanks Steve- I understand what your are saying.

So based on that, what stage would you estimate Adyashanti to be in?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: