School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Composite charts: transits and progressions

Started by ari moshe, Nov 05, 2010, 07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari moshe

Hi all,

I would like to check my understanding. From my own observation and correlation over the years I have found that transits and progressions do in fact apply to composite charts. I've heard from other astrologers that this is not the case- this prompting me to check in with this mb for perspective.
Thank you,
Ari Moshe

Dhyana

Hi Ari,

Interesting. I was just listening to an mp3 file called THE COMPOSITE by Steven Forrest speaking on this. On this recording, if I understood him correctly, he said that in his experience the COMPOSITE works with TRANSITS, but not so much with progressions (pretty sure thats what he said).

If you would like, when I have a little extra time, I will quote him exactly --but I would have to go back through the whole recording to find the exact spot in the recording he said this and what else he added to it. But I do remember this much.

Let me know if you would like me to do that?

I hope it was ok for me to mention this on this EA board.

It will be enlightening to see what JWG school has to say about this.

Dhyana

Steve

Hi Ari

Quote from: ari moshe on Nov 05, 2010, 07:58 PM
I would like to check my understanding. From my own observation and correlation over the years I have found that transits and progressions do in fact apply to composite charts. I've heard from other astrologers that this is not the case- this prompting me to check in with this mb for perspective.

I use transits to composite charts all the time and they certainly work as I'd expect.  I don't do much with progressions on composites but I'd expect they also work as expected.

Remember, astrology is observation and correlation - in your statement you said in your experience they do apply to composite charts.  So (ahem...) why are you doubting your observations because someone else suggested this is not the case?  (As email doesn't convey emotion well, let me say I think its fine you asked.  I answered in this way to point you back at yourself, so you can see you already know the answer.)
take care Ari
Steve

Dhyana

Quote from: Steve on Nov 06, 2010, 01:32 AM

.... So (ahem...) why are you doubting your observations because someone else suggested this is not the case?  (As email doesn't convey emotion well, let me say I think its fine you asked.  I answered in this way to point you back at yourself, so you can see you already know the answer.)
take care Ari
Steve

...this is exactly why we love you Steve!
;D
Dhyana

Skywalker

Ari,
Thru observation I have reached the conclusion that transits work on composite charts as do progressions but I have more experience observing transits.
As usual don´t forget to look at the natal charts and their respective transits/progressions etc to determine what is really going on in the people´s individual lives, thus effecting the relationship.
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Rad

All,

The best way I have found to use progressions in composite charts it to do the current progressions for each person in the relationship, and then to make a composite chart based on those progressions. You can then relate that progressed composite to the natal composite of the relationship in question. And, of course, transiting planets to the composite work.

One thing that JWG used to teach too, although nothing in print on it, is that you can take the natal planets of each person in the relationship and then apply them to the composite chart of the couple. In other words a bi-wheel where the composite is the center chart, and the individual planets of each person can be put on the outer ring. This, according to JWG, then symbolized how each person in their relationship is 'relating' to the fact of their unique 'coupleness': the composite. This is different than standard synastry charts that symbolize how each person relates to the other as individuals. This is about how each is relating to the coupleness itself. Very few astrologers know of this. Yet, when applied, it is a real eye opener.

God Bless, Rad

PatriciaW

Just adding my 2 cents. In my experience transits to a composite are totally valid. In fact just today, I sent an email to friend that I had a falling out with over a year ago, hoping to open up communication. Afterwards I felt compelled to look at the composite and saw that TR Chiron is EXACT to the second, conjunct to the composite chrion in AQ ( often associated with groups and friends). I haven;t looked at that compsite chart in over a year..So in essence we are having a Chiron return..what an opportune time for healing!!!

ari moshe

Thank you Steve for pointing that out.
Yes Patricia! I have found similar, very direct correlations. Really amazing stuff to observe.

QuoteThe best way I have found to use progressions in composite charts it to do the current progressions for each person in the relationship, and then to make a composite chart based on those progressions. You can then relate that progressed composite to the natal composite of the relationship in question. And, of course, transiting planets to the composite work.

That's really interesting, I'm going to sit with that. It seems that the composite chart of the two progressed charts signify the progression of the relationship from the point of view of each soul's individual progression. That feels intuitive to me.

QuoteOne thing that JWG used to teach too, although nothing in print on it, is that you can take the natal planets of each person in the relationship and then apply them to the composite chart of the couple. In other words a bi-wheel where the composite is the center chart, and the individual planets of each person can be put on the outer ring. This, according to JWG, then symbolized how each person in their relationship is 'relating' to the fact of their unique 'coupleness': the composite. This is different than standard synastry charts that symbolize how each person relates to the other as individuals. This is about how each is relating to the coupleness itself. Very few astrologers know of this. Yet, when applied, it is a real eye opener. 

Thanks for sharing this Rad. I'm thinking of a couple composite/natal charts right now and I can see very clearly how this principal plays out. I now see that we can take a composite chart in the inner wheel and put another chart (that wasn't one of the 2 charts that created the composite chart in the first place), in the outer wheel and the same principal would hold true. An example of this would be two parents (composite chart- inner wheel) and their child (natal chart- outer wheel).
Ari Moshe