To properly size a chart so it exactly fits the available space in a post on this forum, displaying right in the post instead of as an attachment, here are directions on how to do that:
1) Open a free Photobucket account at http://photobucket.com
2) Create the chart image on your computer. Log into the Photobucket account. Once in, click the green "Upload Now" link
3) Upload should be set to "Upload from: my computer"
4) Click Select Photos and Videos
5) In the little window that opens locate the image on your computer and click open
6) Back in Photobucket, click "Save and continue to my album"
7) Click the thumbnail of the new image to get it to open up larger.
8) If there is unneeded space in your image, like a wide area between the name on the left and the image on the right, you can crop out the unnecessary parts. Click "Edit" and then "Crop"
8A (crop instructions, if you need to crop) Click with mouse in upper left corner of part of image you want to keep - hold down button and drag the whole area you want to keep, pointing to lower right corner - it will turn white as you drag. When you have the whole area you want saved as white, release the mouse. If you released the mouse too soon, use the black highlighted points to expand or shrink the highlighted white area. When you have the whole area you want to KEEP highlighted in white, right click and select "Crop Selected Area". Then beneath the image click either "Save a Copy" or "Replace Original".
9) Resize the image to 750 wide ( or less) - click Resize and then More Options
9A (resize instructions) ) Makes sure that "Keep Proportions" is checked. Set "New Size" to 750 in the left dimensions box. Beneath that, click "Save a Copy" or "Replace Original".
10) Go back to your album and click the image you want to post a few times until you see a "Share" or "Share This Photo" box.
11) One of the Share options is "IMG Code". That is what we want for posting on this forum. Click the IMG Code line one time and the URL of the image will be copied into your copy buffer. All you need to do is paste that line into your post on this message board. You don't need to attach the image - this method directly inserts the image right into the post when you paste that line of IMG code into the post. The width of 750 is exactly what's needed to fill the post area without creating scrollbars.
Example of a line of IMG code pasted from Photobucket:
If you want to print these instructions, here is a PDF version
of this post