School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Past Life contact

Started by Linda, Dec 11, 2010, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Hi Rad and everyone,

What are the synastry aspects that correlate to definite past life contacts with others?  We meet thousands of people throughout our lives, and I'm sure there are many synastrical contacts between our charts.....and obviously we don't have special relationships with all of these souls/people, just some of them.  Is there an aspect or aspects that specifically correlates to past life contacts with others?  I'm thinking Pluto and the Nodes, because I have personally found those points correlate to important relationships in this life....but not always.

Thanks.

Upasika

Hi Linda,

You'll find this info on pg 18, Pluto 2

Linda

Hi Upasika,

Thanks for your assistance.

Quote from JWG, Pluto II, page 17:
In synastry charts, the location by house and sign of the planetary rulers of the South and North Nodes in one another's charts correlates with additional and specific past life dynamics (the South Node by house and sign, plus its planetary ruler by house and sign) that we may have shared with another that constitutes subconscious memory associations conditioning our response or reaction to that person, and the North Node by its house and sign location, plus its planetary ruler by house and sign location, that reflect how the next evolutionary step in this life is to be accomplished.

The key aspects and dynamics to look for that will give a complete and total analysis involve the SN, SN ruler, NN, NN ruler, and Pluto.  These are described in more detail on page 18, Pluto II.

Skywalker

Linda,

This is a great topic and one I´m also interested in. One thing to look for are planets conjunct the nodes via synastry and composite.

When looking into my relationships of all sorts I tend to find many South node contacts to personal planets. One that comes up quite often in composites is the Moon conjunct the S.node and it does tend to create an emotional bond and magnetic attraction quite easily between two people. A familiar feeling that can be observed and felt by both people. You know that typical sentence... " I just met you and feel like I have known you all my life" generally accompanies such an aspect.

Venus conjunct the S.node can indicate a romantic type of connection in the past and then there will be the typical rules: Relive, Fruition or both when there is this type of aspect to the S.node. Just look at your own past and current relationships and I´m pretty confident you will find some type of aspects to the nodes that when you look at the configurations, will find them quite "enlightening" as they can be pretty accurate describing some of the relationship dynamics.

I can give you a brief example of my own. In a composite with a person that I have a nice, easy going, work relationship with, we have composite Venus in the sixth house conjunct the south node of the Moon. We instantly became friends and feel the harmonious connection. Seems to be re-playing itself again in this life!

Fascinating stuff!
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

ari moshe

Quote from JWG, Pluto II, page 17:
In synastry charts, the location by house and sign of the planetary rulers of the South and North Nodes in one another's charts correlates with additional and specific past life dynamics (the South Node by house and sign, plus its planetary ruler by house and sign) that we may have shared with another that constitutes subconscious memory associations conditioning our response or reaction to that person, and the North Node by its house and sign location, plus its planetary ruler by house and sign location, that reflect how the next evolutionary step in this life is to be accomplished.

Wanted to add- I've noticed, an overwhelming number of times- nodal reversals in synastry (ie nn of one soul conjunct the sn of the other).

My understanding of that:
In a conscious relationship where each soul is progressing in their own dharma, this is an amazing dynamic as each soul, by default, supports the other in their own path. In a relationship where there is a strong mutual resistance to change, I've noticed that each soul easily acts as an emotional trigger to the other. Reading that in the context of pl can go either way as well it seems.
am

Linda

Hi Skywalker and Ari,

I have a past life contact:  his SN is tightly conjunct my Pluto!  That is really powerful.  According to Rad, this type of connection means that we've been repeating the same dynamics for many lifetimes, and I really feel that is so.

Examining SN contacts to personal planets (either way) has been most enlightening.  Yes, really fascinating!

Dhyana

It might be a good learning experience if a few of us looked through our charts, and our family members charts, and then typed up a short analysis of what we think the SN NN PLuto contacts mean --our own analysis to check our understanding --to see if we are on the right track? Moderators, is this ok? In my opinion, it would be a very good learning experience and a lot of clients want this kind of info too

this way we will know if we are analysing it correctly?

FOr example, Ari was talking about his nephew --  wouldnt it be interesting to see what past life contact Ari and his nephew have had?
WHat do you think, Ari?  Maybe looking at that can help Ari find out what role would be best to take with his nephew now, and which would get them stuck in the past way of relating....
...(just an example idea)

Hope to hear a response to this idea...

thanks
dhyana

Dhyana

ps. we certainly do not have to get into all the details (about what roles are best to take with eachother etc , as I mentioned w/ ari/nephew) ...just general analysis, to see if we are on the right track~

Linda

John's Venus conjunct Yoko's South Node

JOHN LENNON AND YOKO ONO'S CHARTS:

Dhyana

I have studied that when Venus conjuncts other person's South Node when they meet intitially there is a feeling of intstant resonance with the person and powerful feelings of needing to be with them. Then, because there is a SN element, over time, the difficulties and challenges begin that often pull them apart...(obvious in this case with John and Yoko) -- the one who has the SN position may begin to feel like they are outgrowing the Venus person -or they feel compelled to move on --interesting huh?.

Well, I know very little about this synastry sort of thing and past connections- so I dont really know how to read into past lives here...

I do find this much quite interesting --it is interesting that it is Yoko's SN that John's Venus conjuncts.  .. as if somehow he had to leave the way he did in order for her to grow, perhaps? And it seems that after his death, his music (Venus) and message had even more meaning for the masses (12th PIsces). And this was brought forth, in many ways, through Yoko herself (her LIbra Asc).

His Venus at 3 degrees, her SN at 8 degrees (5 degree orb)-and interestingly her SN is in the 12th house - "undoing" --giving/surrendering back to Source-- her Neptine is there too, in the 12th  at 9 degrees Virgo (a 6 dgree orb from his Venus)
All of this going on in Virgo may imply some martyr type belief, however?? But also "service" to the collective (12th in Virgo).

We also find Mercury, the ruler of Yoko's 12th, in Pisces -- for JOhn, Pisces is on the his 12th house --so we have Yoko's SN ruler in his 12th house!

Lot's of 12th house SN connections here....

Does anyone want to comment on the Virgo/Pisces  6th house/12th house -- archetypes at play here

-not to mention her Neptune  within a 10 degree orb of Johns Venus?

Thanks for posting these Linda. It is a good couple to work with. I'd love to hear from others what they see here as far as past life connections?

---------
(added a few minutes later)
In pondering about all the 12th house energy here with John and Yoko  -and the pair did leave the iconic legacy that has that certain spiritual, transcending time kind of feel to them as a couple

the music has an element of opening up the collective consciousness and indeed has touched the masses (Pisces/Venus-music) .. opening the hearts and minds of many~

Dhyana

Dhyana

Also, her Pluto is in Johns 4th house (Cancer)--  and the ruler of her Pluto, the moon, is in Sag which would put that moon in his 8th house.

-- Perhaps there was a past life mother/child connection and the child died/loss (8th house), before thier time. Could it be something along these lines? ??? If so, I wouldnt know who was the child and who was the mother though????? ???

ari moshe

John and Yoko Synastry (John in middle)

Composite chart

Elen

Hi Linda, Dhyana, All

Linda, thanks for starting this thread.  I don't have anything to add to the John/Yoko discussion as I'm too new to this area.  But I did have a couple of questions:

Is there any significance, from a past life perspective, when one person's house cusps conjunct another person's nodal axis? (or conjunct the other's nodal ruler?)

Can it be said that there have been past life connections between oneself and a "famous" person when there are the connections discussed so far - planet/node connections in synastry charts?

Thanks,
Ellen

ari moshe

Hi all,

Good idea to look at some examples. The Neptune Pisces connection is very strong here. God look at the composite! NN in Sag in the 12th, squaring Saturn in Pisces, Neptune in the 9th.

JWG taught that in synastry each soul plays out the planet from their own chart. In this case she is the sn Neptune in Virgo, he is the Venus. What does that, as a general correlation point to? She representing a higher ideal, a symbol that he was attracted to. Inherent in that is the Neptunian over-idealization. This is a perfect example of the Libra Pisces connection that is very important in looking at synstary and composite charts. The tendency to make a partner a defacto god/goddess.

Ellen, here are my thoughts on your questions. The fact that two souls are in relationship to one another is what provides the basis for any kind of astrology reading for them in the first place. We all have synastry with Obama, doesn't mean we have any particular past life connection with him. However such synastry (planets on a sn and the likes) can correlate to a particular resonance one may feel with a famous person. Allan Watts for example- I don't suspect me and him have any past life connections, however his AC is conjunct my sn and Jupiter, and I have always felt very resonant with him. It may be that there has been a long history of us connecting in such a way- impersonally, yet still sharing a synastry.

Ari Moshe

Steve

Hi Ari

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 15, 2010, 11:59 PM
Wanted to add- I've noticed, an overwhelming number of times- nodal reversals in synastry (ie nn of one soul conjunct the sn of the other).

My understanding of that:
In a conscious relationship where each soul is progressing in their own dharma, this is an amazing dynamic as each soul, by default, supports the other in their own path. In a relationship where there is a strong mutual resistance to change, I've noticed that each soul easily acts as an emotional trigger to the other. Reading that in the context of pl can go either way as well it seems.
am

I wanted to add to what you wrote (which I agree with) that I call this a nodal opposition. My symbol for it is the one person is going where the other person habitually comes from. 

All humans resist movement towards our NN.  Thus picking a partner whose SN conjuncts my NN means where I am going is in my face through the vehicle of the partner all the time, the person literally being a mirror.  It's not easy to live with.  However, if they can both recognize what is going on and learn to embrace it, as you said the potential for a lot of growth is high.  It would take a commitment to understanding why they are together, and to sticking through it.

That opposition also makes mutual projections an ongoing issue, as disowned shadow parts of each one are acted out by the other.  Truly "in your face".
Steve