visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Past Life contact

Started by Linda, Dec 11, 2010, 03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dhyana

Quote from: Steve on Dec 19, 2010, 12:44 PM
Hi Ari

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 15, 2010, 11:59 PM
Wanted to add- I've noticed, an overwhelming number of times- nodal reversals in synastry (ie nn of one soul conjunct the sn of the other).

My understanding of that:
In a conscious relationship where each soul is progressing in their own dharma, this is an amazing dynamic as each soul, by default, supports the other in their own path. In a relationship where there is a strong mutual resistance to change, I've noticed that each soul easily acts as an emotional trigger to the other. Reading that in the context of pl can go either way as well it seems.
am

I wanted to add to what you wrote (which I agree with) that I call this a nodal opposition. My symbol for it is the one person is going where the other person habitually comes from.  

All humans resist movement towards our NN.  Thus picking a partner whose SN conjuncts my NN means where I am going is in my face through the vehicle of the partner all the time, the person literally being a mirror.  It's not easy to live with.  However, if they can both recognize what is going on and learn to embrace it, as you said the potential for a lot of growth is high.  It would take a commitment to understanding why they are together, and to sticking through it.

That opposition also makes mutual projections an ongoing issue, as disowned shadow parts of each one are acted out by the other.  Truly "in your face".
Steve

Hi Steve,

Wouldnt this apply to the nodes in the houses, even if the sign of the houses were different? I would have to say it does -- bc, for example, I have a 9th house SN and my husband has a 9th  house NN. Of course the signs are different but not the houses. And the literal "in your face every day" is quite true for us.

Dhyana

.... lol- i think i answered my own question ;)

Elen

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 19, 2010, 04:26 AM

Ellen, here are my thoughts on your questions. The fact that two souls are in relationship to one another is what provides the basis for any kind of astrology reading for them in the first place. We all have synastry with Obama, doesn't mean we have any particular past life connection with him. However such synastry (planets on a sn and the likes) can correlate to a particular resonance one may feel with a famous person. Allan Watts for example- I don't suspect me and him have any past life connections, however his AC is conjunct my sn and Jupiter, and I have always felt very resonant with him. It may be that there has been a long history of us connecting in such a way- impersonally, yet still sharing a synastry.

Ari Moshe

Thanks, Ari.  Light bulb with regard to what I highlighted.  Sometimes the basics can just escape me!  So the charts, randomly speaking, can't tell us who will connect and who won't, and who has past life connections and who doesn't.  Only the fact that 2 people do connect up can tell us that they will connect up (!) and only then can we discern anything about past life connections by looking at the indicators in the chart.  Would you say that this is correct?

With regard to house cusps and nodes conjuncting in synastry charts, what is the significance of this (between 2 people who are in fact in a relationship in this lifetime)?  Any thoughts?  I mean, any past life correlations with something like this going on?

Thanks and Peace,
Ellen

ari moshe

Hi Dhyana,

QuoteI have studied that when Venus conjuncts other person's South Node when they meet intitially there is a feeling of intstant resonance with the person and powerful feelings of needing to be with them. Then, because there is a SN element, over time, the difficulties and challenges begin that often pull them apart...(obvious in this case with John and Yoko) -- the one who has the SN position may begin to feel like they are outgrowing the Venus person -or they feel compelled to move on --interesting huh?. 

I wanted to comment on this. What you wrote is an oversimplification of that dynamic. It does not necessarily have to turn out that way. In synastry and composite, the south node can manifest as it always does- in 1 of 3 possible conditions. I've seen a good number of healthy relationships between souls who have strong sn/planet synastry.
Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi Dhyana,

QuoteWouldnt this apply to the nodes in the houses, even if the sign of the houses were different? I would have to say it does -- bc, for example, I have a 9th house SN and my husband has a 9th  house NN. Of course the signs are different but not the houses. And the literal "in your face every day" is quite true for us.

I know you asked Steve- though I wanted to share my intuition on this bc I'm aware of the 2 charts are you speaking of.

I don't think this is true. It's necessary in synastry to determine the aspects that the nodes of one create with the other's chart. And also to determine where one's nodes falls in the other's chart. So your husband has a 9th house north node, however where does his north node fall in your chart, and what kind of aspects does it create? I see that your husband's south node falls on your 8th house cusp conjunct your 7th house Virgo Stellium of Mars Uranus and Pluto. That to me sheds some light on the "in your face" dynamic. In fact Mars=head.  ;)
Ari Moshe

Dhyana

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 19, 2010, 03:12 PM
Hi Dhyana,

QuoteWouldnt this apply to the nodes in the houses, even if the sign of the houses were different? I would have to say it does -- bc, for example, I have a 9th house SN and my husband has a 9th  house NN. Of course the signs are different but not the houses. And the literal "in your face every day" is quite true for us.

I know you asked Steve- though I wanted to share my intuition on this bc I'm aware of the 2 charts are you speaking of.

I don't think this is true. It's necessary in synastry to determine the aspects that the nodes of one create with the other's chart. And also to determine where one's nodes falls in the other's chart. So your husband has a 9th house north node, however where does his north node fall in your chart, and what kind of aspects does it create? I see that your husband's south node falls on your 8th house cusp conjunct your 7th house Virgo Stellium of Mars Uranus and Pluto. That to me sheds some light on the "in your face" dynamic. In fact Mars=head.  ;)
Ari Moshe

Thank goodness we have you Ari !!! YOu always seem to shed the needed clarity and insight. That would make a lot of sense within the synastry bc synastry uses the "signs" to find out where the planets/nodes land in the others chart.

I have noticed that my SN, Mercury  and Neptune fall in my husbands 4th house. This, to me denotes "family" past life connections, while his SN in my 7/8th, denotes "partnership" relationships. I get confused here as far as trying to look inot past life roles in relationship. FOr it looks like, with my SN in his 4th, my soul would have had a parental type role -- where as his SN on my 7/8th, plus his Pluto in my 7th, his soul would have had an "intimate partner" role???  Any more thoughts?

Dhyana

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 19, 2010, 03:06 PM
Hi Dhyana,

QuoteI have studied that when Venus conjuncts other person's South Node when they meet intitially there is a feeling of intstant resonance with the person and powerful feelings of needing to be with them. Then, because there is a SN element, over time, the difficulties and challenges begin that often pull them apart...(obvious in this case with John and Yoko) -- the one who has the SN position may begin to feel like they are outgrowing the Venus person -or they feel compelled to move on --interesting huh?.  

I wanted to comment on this. What you wrote is an oversimplification of that dynamic. It does not necessarily have to turn out that way. In synastry and composite, the south node can manifest as it always does- in 1 of 3 possible conditions. I've seen a good number of healthy relationships between souls who have strong sn/planet synastry.
Ari Moshe

Last night, after I re-read what I wrote, I was going to add to that part I wrote above, something very similar to what you wrote, Ari. Explaining that the Venus SN connection is not limited to what I had written there, but I didnt get to it. So I am very pleased you commented on it already.

Thanks again Ari, for all your clear, thorough and insightful contributions on this board!

D.

Steve

Ari and Dhyana

Quote from: ari moshe on Dec 19, 2010, 03:12 PM

Ari Moshe

Although he never wrote about it, Jeffrey mentioned on a few occasions something called "shared affinities", which is what you, Dhyana, are referring to.  He mentioned that it is a very valid part of older astrology that has pretty much been forgotten in the present time.

I once made a PDF of a long article from about.com on this subject.  Looking at it now I see I only captured the first page.  And the article is no longer on the web.  I am pasting what I have in here. (The disclaimer is this article is not from or about EA but regular astrology.  You have to add the EA perspective to what is written here, starting with "why is this necessary in these lives?":

QuoteShared Affinities in Astrology
(Where Synastry Comparisons and Composites Leave Off)

Have you ever compared the charts of two romantic lovers - and, in the end, you were somewhat stymied, stumped and basically bewildered as to what the attraction between the two people might be?

Then my suggestion would be to look for "shared" affinities in the birth chart. Shared affinities say: "Don't I Know You?" Shared affinities say: "We've been dealing with the same "stuff" all our lives"¦"

What's A Shared Affinity?

Okay... Here's an example of an affinity... the birth Sun placed in the sign of Aquarius is similar in energy to the birth Sun in aspect to the birth Uranus. Both of these energies are similar to the birth Sun placed in the birth 11th house.

Extending it, they're also similar to Uranus in Leo and Uranus in the 5th house. Some astrologers go as far as using the formula: Sun in Aquarius = Sun aspect Uranus = Sun in the 11th House = Uranus in Leo = Uranus in the 5th house. Sun in Scorpio

While I don't take it quite that far - the energies (and resulting life task issues) are most definitely similar. And for simplicity sake - I'll be using this formula in subsequent examples.

You And Me Against the World

If two people share one of these affinities (similar energies) - the shared affinity says that these two people have experienced and are working through some of the same core, life task issues. And that's the bond! Shared affinities shout out: "Hey! I know you! We've been dealing with the same "stuff" all our lives"¦"

Example Of A Uranian Shared Affinity:

First"¦ here's the Formula:

A. Sun in Aquarius = Sun aspect Uranus = Sun in the 11th House = Uranus in Leo = Uranus in the 5th house

B. Moon in Aquarius = Moon aspect Uranus = Moon in the 11th House = Uranus in Cancer = Uranus in the 4th house

She has the Sun conjunct Uranus, and she also has the Sun in the 11th house. He has the Sun trine Uranus. This is a shared affinity between the two people.

She has the Moon conjunct Uranus, she has Uranus in Cancer, and she also has the Moon in the 11th house. He has the Moon sextile Uranus, and he also has Uranus in Cancer. This is a shared affinity between the two people.

These two people are dealing with the same life task issues encircling the archetypal energy of Uranus and "independence, freedom, excitement."

Okay now"¦ would this "shared affinity thing" be a wee bit more convincing if I further told you that every "life-changing She" this guy has been "involved with" - the "life-changing She" has had the Sun in aspect to Uranus (and most had their Moon in aspect to Uranus)?

Look for shared affinities. They can be quite a powerful and binding attraction between two people

Here is another longer non-EA article on shared affinities that seems to include what I pasted in above: http://thezodiac.com/room.htm

I can say from my experiences both personal and with clients I've seen a lot of validation of this principle.  We are talking about Soul Resonance, Souls who are constructed with similar, or complementary, natures.  You can think of it as notes in a chord.  Some naturally harmonize, others will always be dissonant.  This goes well beyond past life contact.  Its about vibrational frequency as God/dess created a Soul.  That can never change, its the way they are naturally created.  Its far beyond conditioning, which only gets in the way of what is naturally there.
Steve

Skywalker

I second what Steve is sharing about affinities. Traditionally a Scorpio Sun will not be so compatible with an Aquarius but when that Scorpio Sun is conjunct Uranus, then there will be an Uranian overlay that can create a mutual understanding as their is a similarity in their basic expression. In this case they share a natural objective nature which can of course create empathy.

On the other hand a Scorpio will always be a Scorpio and it doesn´t deny the natural Square between Aquarius and Scorpio.
www.mettarocks.com asteroids, crystal info and more

Dhyana

Thanks Steve, for the information. I understand a bit more now.

Dhyana