School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Retrograde Planets and Stages of Evolution

Started by jamo, Apr 02, 2009, 01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stacie

Quote from: stephen on Jul 10, 2009, 11:42 AM
[WARNING: No EA Delineations below.  Just words from a Heart.]

That simple fact should be shouted, for I know myself to be so small and insignificant:  I called...AND SHE CAME FOR ME!!!  

So beautifully said Stephen...threw me into tears.  God bless you.

Hi Chuck,

I also recommend very highly for you to read the article on the nature of evil and its influence in the horoscope.  This is a transcript from a workshop Jeffrey did with a focus on the asteroid Lucifer.  This symbol is exactly conjunctly your sun, the sun being the ruler of your pluto.  One influence we can see right away is that evil is trying to convince you that you do not have the depth of self-determination that you ACTUALLY have.

The core strategy of evil is to create the opposite reality the soul is intending, and to maintain delusions which keep up from directly knowing and living in alignment with the natural god.  Evil does this by focusing upon the weakest area in the soul structure, and by magnifying and distorting that content in ways that make the issues seem insurmountable and/or unchangeable.  This magnification and distortion is also done with the specific intent of inducing negative emotion, such as fear, futility, victimization, and a myriad of other self-defeating emotional states, which can UTTERLY DOMINATE OUR ATTENTION, even though our paramount desire is to utterly root our attention in god.  When we can't see this influence for what it actually is, i.e. the work of evil to prevent us from evolving back to god, we tend to anticipate worst case scenarios and relate to those scenarios as actual reality, when it's actually NOT. When we relate to these anticipations as an actual reality, we then tend to act according to a sense of imminent threat, which will have nothing to do with what our soul has incarnated to actually do.  It sets in motion a chain reaction that reinforces the very pattern evil is trying to keep us chained to...this is the opposite of what god actually wants for us, and it's exactly how evil lengthens, delays, or detours us in our returning journey back to god. 

The gift in this symbol is that it can also be the bearer of light, i.e., the means by which we recognize and expose evil's tactics, and the means by which we can snatch that influence away from evil and give it back to god. Thus it has the equal potential to manifest as a god symbol. That is all within our god-given power of will.  While the forces of God and Evil are ALMOST equal, God is in fact stronger: 49% evil, 51% god...we get to choose and say who gets the upper hand in the theatrical drama playing out in our lives.  The natural god is quiet, unussuming, and humble.  It will never impose that upper hand.  It wants us to CHOOSE this and to make that request. Evil on the other hand is all too happy to impose itself on the upper hand.  It banks on our sense of weariness and futility which makes us feel we have no power or say in how our struggle plays out.  The closer a soul gets to god, the more intense evil's desperation becomes to win back its influence over that soul, so it becomes paramount to develop the awareness of how evil tries to operate within us.   The article I mentioned is a great resource for deepening and expanding that awareness.  So if you feel inclined, read it.  Read it very deeply and you will find that knowledge being osmosed into your own interior consciousness.

As for advancing your understanding of the EA paradigm and archetypes within it, believe me, most of us have encountered a major sense of intimidation relative to EA's depth in the beginning...I know I did!  As Steve and Chuck have said, the ACTUAL teacher of this work is SPIRIT.  Believe me when I say that..I know the truth of this firsthand.  I know you know it too.

As an aside, I was raised in a mormon family and have lived in Utah for most of my life.  My extended family is devoutly mormon.  I currently live and work in the Salt Lake City area.  I was a member of the church up until about 5 years ago...not a gung ho member..never really identified with it..but embraced it to the extent that I did because of it's masochistic appeal :D (I have quite a religous-masochistic history in my soul)..also hadn't been exposed to anything else..very sheltered religously.  Ironically I somehow managed to remain impervious to the actual church doctrine, but DID internalize some of the emotional garbage and readily sucked up all the masochistic content.  But always knew my relationship with god had nothing to do with the men claiming to be the only authorized gateway.  This is just a knowing I've always had, and it's the reason I was able to maintain a degree of inner spiritual fulfillment in spite of the external environment providing none of that.  Meeting Jeffrey in this life was indescribably pivotal.  I'll just say he proved some things that I had not been finding in the world, which I always knew inwardly was the reality I was striving for.  That of itself brought an incredible acceleration to my own self-actualization.  I finally found that I could not tolerate the inner/outer discrepancy of actual knowledge I had in my soul relative to what others were led to believe by relating to me as a member of that church.  I wanted my life to be a true reflection of who I ACTUALLY am, and I wanted the true nature of my relationship with god to been seen without any false constructs implying credit for that relationship.  I've heard the whole 'you are under the influence of satan' business...'astrology is the work of satan', and the like..I've been through the religious projections where people viewed my process of personal liberation as satan winning over my soul...people trying to impose intervention on my behalf...people crying and feeling attacked/betrayed because of what I knew I needed to do for myself and finally determined to act upon.  I did not waiver in my choice and those very people, over time, have come to see that my core devotion remains with god...my most intense critic in fact has totally come to embrace my astrological work...she actually solicits my astrological insight now, and I'm clear that's because I allowed her the initial space to reject it..and when she DID initially reject it, I understood her need to reject it, thus there was no projection of discord or reactionary judgment on my part..I simply gave her the space to do and feel what was necessary for her, and I honored that exact same space for myself, thus absolutely no guilt.  I know this outcome is a product of having 100% OWNED my choice: i.e., "this is just who I naturally am..take it or leave it", and I was prepared to accept whatever outcome that choice would result in relative to other people choosing to stay or pass out of my life.  This was done in a true spirit of unconditional love..love for them, love for myself, love for god. 

God Bless you Chuck.  Your doubt is merely a passing distortion of perspective being induced by evil.  I feel the material JWG has provided on the natural of evil will provide you with some new access to exposing this pattern of futility, etc when it tries to manifest in the inner work you are doing.  Also just wanted to say: You know deep within yourself what is right for you to do. Honor that. Don't allow evil to distort and mess with that knowledge. 

Stacie

chuck h

Hi Stephen!

I think we would become instant friends if we met.  You have expressed the answer...to let go, to release at the deepest level all resistance to change.  I have the same self-worth issues., and this IS the biggest resistence, for we create in our worlds, from within.  What is within?  Is it dark and cold?  or is the 'MOTHER' dwelling there in perfect acceptaance.

You have described the difference between anguish and bliss with a passion and reverance that can only be a product of direct spiritual communication.  Yes, you have touched the Source and found her to be gentle and loving.  That is a feeling, a sense that can never be erased...only covered over by our little strivings and obsessions. 

If we are lucky, this feeling becomes the predominate motivating factor in our lives.  All else is secondary...no, all else is meaningless.  That feeling which you express so beautifully, Stephen...is Love.

Thank you so much,
chuck

Linda

Quote from: Stacie on Jul 10, 2009, 02:38 PM

You know deep within yourself what is right for you to do.  
Honor that.  
Don't allow evil to distort and mess with that knowledge.

Stacie

Stacie:

Your words above are the very conclusion I came to this morning.  

chuck h

Hi Stacie.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, and also for looking at my chart. 

I just found out about Lucifer six months ago.   And it makes sense.  The battle has always raged within.  Funny, back in the 80's, when Pluto squared my Sun (and now I find out, Lucifer), a three page essay came to consciousness and spilled all over my tablet.  The title of the essay came out, 'The Beast Within'.  I'm glad you mentioned the light-bearer possibility.  That is the way I hope the story ends. 

I will certainly read the information you cited carefully.  I'm sure it will make perfect sense to me.

like you, I was never 'into' the mormon teachings.  I joined because wife was mormon and to keep peace in the home.  I never liked religion (was catholic as a child)  couldn't stand the stuffiness and controls.  Never thought or cared about the condition of my soul, and found church meetings totally boring.  Never once stood up and 'bore my testimony'  because I didn't have one.  Then, after 17 years of this, Astrology appeared by chance...and everything changed.  Something happened inside me and I was drawn into metaphysics with the urgency of an over-active moth.  That was 28 years ago, and the search for meaning has not ebbed in the slightest...In fact it intensifies.  But always the opposition...the mystifying 'resistance'.  These answers to my longing soul's questions may have increased the odds to 48/52.

Thank you again, Stacie.
chuck

stephen

I have a general question about the retrograde archetype, in terms of a retrograde planet 'pointing away' from itself.

In this Message Board, Rad wrote:
With Saturn retrograde it's like pointing an arrow towards Uranus.
When Neptune is retrograde it points to Pluto itself: our Soul.
[2009.06.10]

And, in the Archived Message Board, JWG wrote:
Saturn retrograde points to Uranus, Uranus retrograde points to Neptune, and Neptune retrograde points to Pluto.  When an outer planet is retrograde, as with Neptune, the intention is to deepen the consciousness, to create a new center of gravity within consciousness relative to it's evolutionary expansion.
[2002.01.30]

Do the other planets figure into this concept?
Jupiter, Mars, Venus, Mercury...pointing away from themselves to another planet, in a way?

Thanks to anyone who might answer...

Blessings,
Stephen

Deva

Hi Stephen, it seems to me the best thing to do when encountering all of this info. is to keep fundamental "bottom lines" in lines or else it can seem overwhelming. I thought I would write what I have learned about retrogrades in this context.
    I have learned that Mars RX creates an internalization of the Mars function in general (i.e-slows down the process of initiation of actions in general). This is because, prior to the life, the Soul has acted upon many desires very that were not relevant to his or her evolutionary intentions for the life, and may have had negative consequences, and so in this life the intent is for the individual to fully "think through" the desires that he or she acts upon in order to create an alignment with the current evolutionary intentions for this life. (There is a section on Mars RX written in the Pluto vol 2 book that more thoroughly describes this process/what it symbolizes from an evolutionary point of view). Mars RX creates an awareness of the nature of the Soul's desire nature in this way.
Mercury RX actually points to the Jupiter function (right brain leading the left brain), and Venus RX indicates that the Soul is defines through the Taurus side of Venus (establishing a primary relationship within him or herself first) instead of the Libra side as most folks are (initiation of relationships with others which is the externalized side of Venus).
  The best thing to do is to remember that RX planets symbolize that the Soul must internalize and establish a personal meaning for the planetary function that is RX independent from the mainstream society. In other words, a liberation and individuated process is described with any planet that is RX because it reflects that the Soul is giving a personal meaning and definition of that planet that is free from the culturally accepted ways of behavior. (Pluto vol 2 describes the nature of RX planets in detail as well). However, this process has typically not been completed prior to the current life, so it sets up the three R'S- Repeat, Re-live-Resolve. It indicates that specific life circumstances are recreated in order for this evolutionary intention symbolized by the RX planet to be completed and resolved.
Hope this helps, and thanks for your posts!
Deva     

stephen

Quote from: Deva on Sep 05, 2009, 11:31 AM

Hi Stephen, it seems to me the best thing to do when encountering all of this info. is to keep fundamental "bottom lines" in lines or else it can seem overwhelming.

Hi Deva,

Very Good Advice!  I have been taking notes, and organizing this volumous information for myself so that I can better understand it and build a solid foundation for further study.  I enjoy that process, actually ('overdeveloped' self-ruled Mercury in Gemini in the Third, Ruling Pluto in Virgo in the Sixth?), and have found that I learn best (and retain information longer) by repetitively broadening/narrowing my focus...moving over the largest possible information base, seeking larger patterns, and then lasering in on a detail within a pattern (possibly uncovering another pattern).  I have found (for myself) that the more often various ways of stating a fact are reviewed (diverse authors), eventually one way will 'boing' against one's personal orientation, and awaken an understanding.

So, I really appreciate your help steering me back on course, and providing me further information.  Your entire post is extremely helpful to me.  I will review the further information as you have kindly suggested.

By the way, speaking of "self-ruled Mercury in Gemini in the Third, Ruling Pluto in Virgo in the Sixth", would you be able to state the effect of Pluto's Planetary Ruler upon that archetype with which the natal Pluto correlates?

Also, I just thought of this while typing, does a House have a Ruler?  So that, for example, Pluto in Gemini in the Tenth House would have Mercury as its Planetary Ruler and Saturn as its 'House Ruler'?

Thanks very very much Deva.

God'dess Bless,
Stephen

Steve

Hi

QuoteAlso, I just thought of this while typing, does a House have a Ruler?  So that, for example, Pluto in Gemini in the Tenth House would have Mercury as its Planetary Ruler and Saturn as its 'House Ruler'?

yes, and yes

Perhaps a better way to phrase it is tenth house has the same flavor as Saturn and Capricorn.  Thus a Moon in Libra in the tenth house and a Moon in Capricorn in the 7th house will have similar flavors.

In EA we are taught to start with the house, this representing the deepest expression of the energies in that part of the chart.  Tenth house is inherently Saturnian - so anything in the 10th house will operate in a Saturnian way.  Gemini, in your example - the sign on the house cusp - represents the next level up.  The art of EA is to synthesize what Capricorn energy filtered through a layer of Gemini operates like.  If Pluto is in that house, add in another layer - what does Capricorn energy filtered through a layer of Gemini expressing itself in a Scorpionic (Pluto) way operate like?

Starting with the evolutionary state, the social conditioning patterns, and the evolutionary signature (Pluto, nodes, nodal rulers), you quickly have a detailed picture of how that Soul/ego are structured, from the core out.

stephen

As always, Thank You very much Steve for the responses, and for the taking the time to help clarify the EA Paradigm for those of us coming here to this Board...

Blessings,
Stephen