School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Holy Science questions

Started by ari moshe, Jan 01, 2011, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari moshe

Hello,
I'm reading through "Holy Science" by Sri Yuktesewar. May I ask specific question about the astrology spoken of in that book?
Thank you,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Sure go ahead.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Rad,

First the zodiac referred to throughout the entire book is Sidereal, correct?

Second, Sri Yuktesewar wrote,
QuoteWe learn from Oriental astronomy that Moons revolve around their planets, and planets turning on their axes revolve with their moons round the Sun; and the Sun, with its planets and their moons. takes some star for its dual and revoles round it in about 24,000 years of our earth- a celestial phenomenon which causes the backward movement of the equinoctical points around the zodiac.

I understand that the earth does wobble on its 23.5 degree axis, and that wobble is what causes the precession. Would this serve as an explanation for why the wobble occurs in the first place?
He continues:

QuoteThe Sun also has another motion by which it revolves round a grand center called Vishnunabhi, which is the seat of the creative power, Brahma, the universal magnetism. Brahma regulates dharma, the mental virtue of the internal world.

Is he referring to galactic center, or is this the mid point of the two Suns?
Thank you. God Bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Quote from: ari moshe on Jan 04, 2011, 11:58 PM
Hi Rad,

First the zodiac referred to throughout the entire book is Sidereal, correct?

Second, Sri Yuktesewar wrote,
QuoteWe learn from Oriental astronomy that Moons revolve around their planets, and planets turning on their axes revolve with their moons round the Sun; and the Sun, with its planets and their moons. takes some star for its dual and revoles round it in about 24,000 years of our earth- a celestial phenomenon which causes the backward movement of the equinoctical points around the zodiac.

I understand that the earth does wobble on its 23.5 degree axis, and that wobble is what causes the precession. Would this serve as an explanation for why the wobble occurs in the first place?
He continues:

The wobble itself, as I understand things, is cause by the relative distance from our Moon to the Earth. As the Moon progressively moves away from the Earth the wobble will progressively become more severe.

QuoteThe Sun also has another motion by which it revolves round a grand center called Vishnunabhi, which is the seat of the creative power, Brahma, the universal magnetism. Brahma regulates dharma, the mental virtue of the internal world.

Is he referring to galactic center, or is this the mid point of the two Suns?

The galactic center.

God Bless,Rad

ari moshe

Thank you Rad,

My next question:
Is there a reason why we consider ourselves to be in the age of Pisces, and prior to this age in the age of Aries. AS OPPOSED TO currently being in the age of Virgo, and prior to this age having been in the age of Libra?  The basis for this question is based on Sri Yuktesewar's indication of the current yuga cylce being the ascending dwapara yuga, coinciding with the constellation of Virgo which is where the Sun is at the Autumnal equinox.

It's clear that we are in the Virgo-Pisces axis. However it seems more logical to say we are in the Virgo age based on what I understand from this.

To add to this question. It seems from what I have learned from JWG and this thread about the age of Cancer, that it actually seems to correlate to what was happening during the descending transition from the satya yuga to the treta yuga which coincided with the fall equinox Sun in the constellation of Virgo. Where as the Age of Capricorn would literally have been the opposite of that.

Ari Moshe

ari moshe

Hi Rad, all,

QuoteThe wobble itself, as I understand things, is cause by the relative distance from our Moon to the Earth. As the Moon progressively moves away from the Earth the wobble will progressively become more severe. 

Here's a site that explains this:
http://www.optcorp.com/edu/articleDetailEDU.aspx?aid=2210

What stands out most to me, is that a complete precession cylce is 25,675 years (The AIU marks a complete cylce at exactly 25770.03591 years. As far as I understand, this is either a more updated calculation, or the rate of the precession is changing based on what you have written about the gradual distancing of the Moon from the Earth...), whereas the yugas are stated to be 24,000 years. Close, but not nearly aligned. This isn't a question, however any perspective/insight about this is appreciated.

Thank you,
Ari Moshe

Lucius

I'm interested in the correlation between the astrological ages & the yugas - although I also might not be understanding fully your question! 

At any rate, the ages are based upon the sign the sun rises with at the vernal equinox - which is still pisces. 
Western astrology has the sun at zero degrees aries, but as we know it is more like @ 6 degrees pisces.  I am still trying to grasp the visual ecliptic, the sidereal zodiac and the western zodiac in the sense of what works.  Clearly the western does work certainly in a psychological/spiritual capacity as a tool - but as far as the whole observation/correlation aspect - clearly not. 

Even the sidereal is off as far as visual stars go because some constellations are larger than others - I think Virgo is the largest and there is the 'serpent bearer' in there officially.  I adjusted the sidereal to the visual awhile ago & it was pretty interesting. 
Sorry if this verged off your topic - but maybe answered why we are in a pisces age, if I understood your question (although I don't know what the issue is with the 'virgo' yuga subset). 

Lucius

I was tired this morning   :)

Anyway - wanted to clarify what I meant by the tropical zodiac not being 'observation/correlation' - I was meaning that in strictly literal sense of seeing a planet in the sky & it's constellation - tropical still works in an archetypal/synchronistic way...as we all know!