Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mars opposite the ascendant in Capricorn  (Read 524 times)
kjbem

« on: Jan 23, 2011, 05:58 PM »

Hello, evolutionary astrologers,
I have appreciated your careful and informative responses to my last post.  And I also appreciate hearing of someone's personal experience with Pluto crossing the ascendant.  Now I have another question.  Can you tackle it here?
I have been reading about oppositions.  So I've looked at my natal chart.  I have Mars opposite my ascendant.   Mars is in the 6th house at 07' Cancer and my ascendant is at 11' Capricorn.
I'm not happy with what I'm learning, and it's a hard pill to swallow - but I wonder what you all make of this opposition? 
I'm learning by being here.  Thanks!
kjbem
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2011, 07:22 PM »

Hi kjbem

Hello, evolutionary astrologers,
I have appreciated your careful and informative responses to my last post.  And I also appreciate hearing of someone's personal experience with Pluto crossing the ascendant.  Now I have another question.  Can you tackle it here?
I have been reading about oppositions.  So I've looked at my natal chart.  I have Mars opposite my ascendant.   Mars is in the 6th house at 07' Cancer and my ascendant is at 11' Capricorn.
I'm not happy with what I'm learning, and it's a hard pill to swallow - but I wonder what you all make of this opposition? 
I'm learning by being here.  Thanks!
kjbem

I'd like to propose a deal.  First no one can look at a single aspect in your chart and analyze what it means without knowing the context of the full chart.  And we really don't do full personal chart analysis on this message board.

However, my proposed deal is, we can make this a teaching/learning experience for others by getting into a bit more depth.  You said
I'm not happy with what I'm learning, and it's a hard pill to swallow
That's kind of an enigmatic statement.  You opened a door - sort of - very slightly.  Why don't you tell us more about what you are learning, and what about it is hard to swallow.  With that additional information perhaps some will take a turn at talking about what Mars in Cancer opposing ascendant might mean, in relation to your personal experiences.  Because this work is very personal, its not theoretical.   We would also have to consider how Pluto is now opposing that Mars, as it approaches your ascendant.  Thus the deeper lessons going on with the Mars-Asc aspect are really part of the Pluto transit we spoke of a while ago. 

Pluto is the evolutionary intentions of the Soul itself, and Mars is the leading edge of those intentions, the lower octave of Pluto, the Soul putting its urges into the human being through the medium of the primitive instinctual brain - Mars.  So we can start the discussion from that perspective.  Perhaps that way of looking at it will help you objectify - stand back and impartially observe - what is going on within you, in ways other than you have to date.  We need to get to the bottom line - "why" of why this is going on and why it is necessary in your Soul's evolution.
Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video