School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Node from Cancer to Gemini

Started by Steve, Jan 24, 2011, 12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Hi All

Since the transiting south node will soon be moving from 18 months in Cancer into Gemini, I was thinking this might be a good topic for us to discuss.  Starting with what has been the focus in the world and in our lives with node in Cancer, and how might that shift with the move into Gemini.  How is that likely to affect our individual lives? How might it show up as national and global social trends?

I don't necessarily have lots to say.  Just thought it might be a good topic for people to contribute thoughts and ideas (Gemini) to.  At the same time, the north node will be leaving Cap and entering Sag, so that is part of the discussion too.

One thing I've been paying attention to is the rapid rise of smart phones - web and phone in one little unit.  How the device is only 4 years old, how this year its forecast half a billion will be sold, so in 4 years one seventh of humans (1 billion) have acquired these phones.  How the spread this year will be into China and India as the price of phones and wireless connection goes down.  That seems like Gemini - Sag stuff to me, the spread of this ability to communicate and access and share information around the planet.

What sort of social trends, good and bad, are coming out of this massive technology shift?  What are the possibilities of where this is likely to go?  But the discussion is not limited to just talking about technology.  We might start with the archetypes that will be focused with the Cancer to Gemini shift.
Steve

Wendy

Hi Steve and All,

I feel Freedom of Speech and religious freedom will become hot topics-issues during the Gemini-Sag nodal transit, in which discernment and compassion will be much needed as extremes will continue.  Also logic (science) vs. metaphysics (nature) as continuing issues.  God I hope we will have some help from Pisces and Virgo through all of this.  I haven't looked deeply into the planetary aspects playing out this year in relation to the nodes (yet), but I feel some hidden information will become collective knowledge.

For me personally, the SN in Cancer will conjunct my progressed Jupiter 0 Cancer in the 1st house very soon and will then cross my ascendant/descendant axis to conjunct my Jupiter in Gemini within the first couple of months.  Later towards the end of the cycle the transiting nodes will conjunct my Gem-Sag nodes.  The teacher in me is ready to step out more, offering six-month experiential embodiment training incorporating energy healing, the soul, the mind, bodywork...more fully honoring, expressing, living my mutable grand cross.  Alchemy continues to come to mind as the highest use of my Gemini signatures, incorporating-weaving Hermetic principles in my professional personal life (lots of planets 4th and 10th). 

I believe it will be a relief to have the nodes out of Cap/Cancer for everyone, with changes happening rapidly--again hopefully not to extreme.  Also feel global weather continues may soar to the height of our attention. 

I find it interesting the backward movement of the nodes move through Cardinal signs, to Mutable, and then to Fixed, while the planets move from Cardinal to Fixed to Mutable.  Wonder how that influences the planetary energies? 

Thanks for the thread Steve. 

Blessings and Happy winter-mid point (Feb 2) to everyone,

Wendy

Steve

Hi Wendy

To continue this discussion, how do you feel that

QuoteFreedom of Speech and religious freedom

issues will play out in the US, given that 70% of people are in the consensus evolutionary state, and Pluto is in Capricorn, and Uranus will soon be entering Aries for good?

Looking at the bigger picture, its helpful to remember that by geodetics Aries correlates with western Europe and Africa, and Gemini correlates to India and a good sized section of China.  We are already seeing revolt in Africa, and the splintering of economies in a number of western European nations.  What is the nodal shift portend for that area of the world?

adina

The following article covers an issue that I think very much reflects the culmination of the nodal axis in Cancer/Cap and its entrance into Gemini/Sag. The article discusses the GOPs introduction of a bill to change the abortion law, clearly a women's issue, (Cancer/Cap) by redefining the definition/meaning (Gem/Sag) of what rape IS! With TR Pluto in Cap, women in the U.S. may be subjected to an earth-shattering set-back! The article itself points out how unclear the language (Gem) of the proposed bill is, and as this moves forward in the House of Representatives, I think we'll see Gemini/Sag issues of the meaning of language become more and more prominent. And as this bill is introduced, the TR s node in Cancer is conjunct the US's Venus in Cancer in the 2nd, which is ruled by an Aquarius Moon in the 10th. So, consider the possible collective trauma to women in this country if this bill gets passed, for I also see the defunding issue as only another step toward repealing Roe v. Wade. (Sagittarian legal/justice issues)

The House GOP's Plan to Redefine Rape
Drugged, raped, and pregnant? Too bad. Republicans are pushing to limit rape and incest cases eligible for government abortion funding.
By Nick Baumann | Fri Jan. 28, 2011 3:00 AM PST

Rape is only really rape if it involves force. So says the new House Republican majority as it now moves to change abortion law.

For years, federal laws restricting the use of government funds to pay for abortions have included exemptions for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest. (Another exemption covers pregnancies that could endanger the life of the woman.) But the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act [1]," a bill with 173 mostly Republican co-sponsors that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has dubbed a top priority in the new Congress, contains a provision that would rewrite the rules to limit drastically the definition of rape and incest in these cases.

With this legislation, which was introduced last week by Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.), Republicans propose that the rape exemption be limited to "forcible rape." This would rule out federal assistance for abortions in many rape cases, including instances of statutory rape, many of which are non-forcible. For example: If a 13-year-old girl is impregnated by a 24-year-old adult, she would no longer qualify to have Medicaid pay for an abortion. (Smith's spokesman did not respond to a call and an email requesting comment.)
Given that the bill also would forbid the use of tax benefits to pay for abortions [2], that 13-year-old's parents wouldn't be allowed to use money from a tax-exempt health savings account (HSA) to pay for the procedure. They also wouldn't be able to deduct the cost of the abortion or the cost of any insurance that paid for it as a medical expense.

There used to be a quasi-truce between the pro- and anti-choice forces on the issue of federal funding for abortion. Since 1976, federal law has prohibited the use of taxpayer dollars to pay for abortions except in the cases of rape, incest, and when the pregnancy endangers the life of the woman. But since last year, the anti-abortion side has become far more aggressive in challenging this compromise. They have been pushing to outlaw tax deductions for insurance plans that cover abortion, even if the abortion coverage is never used. The Smith bill represents a frontal attack on these long-standing exceptions.
"This bill takes us backwards to a time when just saying no wasn't enough to qualify as rape."

"This bill takes us back to a time when just saying 'no' wasn't enough to qualify as rape," says Steph Sterling, a lawyer and senior adviser to the National Women's Law Center. Laurie Levenson, a former assistant US attorney and expert on criminal law at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, notes that the new bill's authors are "using language that's not particularly clear, and some people are going to lose protection." Other types of rapes that would no longer be covered by the exemption include rapes in which the woman was drugged or given excessive amounts of alcohol, rapes of women with limited mental capacity, and many date rapes. "There are a lot of aspects of rape that are not included," Levenson says.

As for the incest exception, the bill would only allow federally funded abortions if the woman is under 18.
The bill hasn't been carefully constructed, Levenson notes. The term "forcible rape" is not defined in the federal criminal code [3], and the bill's authors don't offer their own definition. In some states, there is no legal definition of "forcible rape," making it unclear whether any abortions would be covered by the rape exemption in those jurisdictions.

The main abortion-rights groups despise the Smith bill as a whole [4], but they are particularly outraged by its rape provisions. Tait Sye, a spokesman for Planned Parenthood Federation of America, calls the proposed changes "unacceptable." Donna Crane, the policy director of NARAL Pro-Choice America, says that making the "already narrow exceptions for public funding of abortion care for rape and incest survivors even more restrictive" is "unbelievably cruel and heartless."

"This bill goes far beyond current law," says Rep. Diana DeGette (D-Colo.), a co-chair of the congressional pro-choice caucus. The "re-definition" of the rape exception "is only one element" of an "extreme" bill, she adds, citing other provisions in the law that pro-abortion rights groups believe would lead to the end of private health insurance coverage for abortion [2].

"Somebody needs to look closely at this," Levenson says. "This is a bill that could have a dramatic effect on women, and language is important. It sure sounds like somebody didn't want [the exception to cover] all the different types of rape that are recognized under the law."

Source URL: http://motherjones.com/politics/2011/01/republican-plan-redefine-rape-abortion

Links:
[1] http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h3/text
[2] http://motherjones.com/mojo/2010/12/end-abortion-insurance
[3] http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/uscode18/usc_sup_01_18_10_I.html
[4] http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/12/republicans-abortion-hyde-amendment-defund-planned-parenthood

Linda

Hi Steve,

I'm feeling the shift into these new Nodes already as I've been busy gathering some information for this thread:

In 2 weeks time, on 14 February 2011, the Nodes will move into Gemini/Sagittarius (29.59°), the mutable modality.  The framework of information, knowledge, communication, perceptual/reasoning faculties and objectivity will greatly expand.  Information coming from the SN will interface with the NN allowing an evolution toward more understanding, wisdom and knowledge.  

The SN will reference Mercury as it quickly moves though the zodiac, and the NN will reference Jupiter as it continues to move through Aries and later as it moves into Taurus (on 5 June 2011).

The NN/Cap is presently conjunct the Galactic Centre 26° Sagittarius.  The NN conjunction to the Galactic Centre will continue until October 2011 when the NN will be 16° Sagittarius.

In September 2011 Saturn (15° Libra) will sextile the NN (19° Sagittarius) and trine the SN (19° Gemini).  How will this combination affect our relationships?  Both Libra and Gemini are air signs, and the sextile is associated with air also.  This combination will greatly energize productive communications.  We will seek to share, compare and evaluate what we have learned and experienced (SN).  The interface with the NN Sag will be a harmonious sharing of the synthesis/expansion/evolution of our consciousness and horizons.

On 27 Feburary 2012 Uranus 3° Aries will trine the NN 10° Sag.  

On 12 June 2012 when Jupiter enters 0° Gemini (paradoxical) it will conjunct the SN 4° Gemini Rx.  On the same day Mercury 8° Cancer will exactly oppose Pluto 8° Cap forming a T-square with Uranus!  At the same time the Nodes will t-square Neptune/Chiron in Pisces!  The resolution node for those "skipped steps" will be the NN 4° Sag.  And Uranus (trauma, sudden insight) will be sextiling the SN and trining the NN.  Could this be a period of massive disillusionment, upheaval and perhaps clarification as to the "truthfulness" of the South Nodal information and "adaptation" to the actual Natural Truth (Sag)?  [SEE BELOW for how this will impact the USA Gemini-Rising Chart.]

The Nodes will move into Taurus/Scorpio on 2 September 2012.

Question:  Can the "skipped steps" be applied to transits (as I have done above)?

Wendy

Quote from: Steve on Jan 28, 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Wendy

To continue this discussion, how do you feel that

QuoteFreedom of Speech and religious freedom

issues will play out in the US, given that 70% of people are in the consensus evolutionary state, and Pluto is in Capricorn, and Uranus will soon be entering Aries for good?

Looking at the bigger picture, its helpful to remember that by geodetics Aries correlates with western Europe and Africa, and Gemini correlates to India and a good sized section of China.  We are already seeing revolt in Africa, and the splintering of economies in a number of western European nations.  What is the nodal shift portend for that area of the world?

I say it's wake up time for the consensus, a new beginning, radical exploration, especially regarding our awareness of the state of the rest of the world (that's my Uranus Venus talking).  In the US, the consensus will attempt to keep the traditional structures in place, to continue to cover up their shady practices, with unconscious followers talking out the side of their heads (too much logic, intellectual thinking) without balancing with their information with true knowledge.

Oh, here's a thought~some sort of collapse of the Roman Catholic Church, funding issues for students...

I am not a big follower or knowledgeable about current affairs, other than being aware of the general feeling of our collective energy-soul (12th house).  Though I do, sometimes, listen to public radio and am aware of the protests occurring in Egypt now.  If Aries correlates to Europe and Africa, I would say they are in for big changes, uprising, revolts forcing failing foundations to crumble, most likely just as the nodes move into Gemini-Sag.  (Wonder where the nodes where when the Berlin wall fell?)

India and China-Gemini?  I'll have to think/learn more, but off the cuff, growth and expansion, lots of logical solutions...more domination of the people

Is Capricorn correlated to the US on the geodetics map?  Are those maps easily accessible?  Are there websites we can look to?  I believe Rad mentioned it before, but I don't recall his answer.

FOUND THE LINK YOU POSTED STEVE, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW TO LINK IT TO THIS POST, SO HERE'S THE web address, http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/images/Geodetics_world_map.jpg

Added this later tonight~THE INTERNET OF COURSE!!!  FREEDOM TO USE THE INTERNET, FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (is there such a thing? I think there is)  SOCIAL NETWORKING, NEW LAWS REGARDING SOCIAL NETWORKING, MORE WIKILEAK TYPE SITES, SOME MAJOR LEAK COMING OUT EXPOSING HIDDEN SHADOWY CAPRICORN THEMES.

Thanks Steve for prompting me with questions.

Wendy

Linda

Quote from: Linda on Jan 28, 2011, 04:56 PM
On 12 June 2012 when Jupiter enters 0° Gemini (paradoxical) it will conjunct the SN 4° Gemini Rx.  

Sun and Venus will also be in Gemini.

On the same day Mercury 8° Cancer will exactly oppose Pluto 8° Cap, forming a T-square with Uranus!

At the same time the Nodes will t-square Neptune/Chiron in Pisces!  

And Uranus (trauma) will be sextiling the SN and trining the NN.  

The resolution node will be the NN 4° Sag.  

Could this be a period of massive disillusionment.......?

Steve, Wendy or anyone,

What could this Event Chart mean?

It looks quite fateful to me.

Wendy

Quote from: adina on Jan 28, 2011, 01:22 PM
The article discusses the GOPs introduction of a bill to change the abortion law, clearly a women's issue, (Cancer/Cap) by redefining the definition/meaning (Gem/Sag) of what rape IS! With TR Pluto in Cap, women in the U.S. may be subjected to an earth-shattering set-back!

The article itself points out how unclear the language (Gem) of the proposed bill is, and as this moves forward in the House of Representatives, I think we'll see Gemini/Sag issues of the meaning of language become more and more prominent. And as this bill is introduced, the TR s node in Cancer is conjunct the US's Venus in Cancer in the 2nd, which is ruled by an Aquarius Moon in the 10th. So, consider the possible collective trauma to women in this country if this bill gets passed, for I also see the defunding issue as only another step toward repealing Roe v. Wade. (Sagittarian legal/justice issues)

Hi Adina,

Thanks for bringing this issue to light.  I can't imagine American women would stand for an alternation to Roe vs. Wade.  An uprising is certainly bound to occur if this gets anywhere close to passing.

Wendy

Quote from: Linda on Jan 28, 2011, 04:56 PM
On 12 June 2012 when Jupiter enters 0° Gemini (paradoxical) it will conjunct the SN 4° Gemini Rx.  

Sun and Venus will also be in Gemini.

On the same day Mercury 8° Cancer will exactly oppose Pluto 8° Cap!

At the same time the Nodes will t-square Neptune/Chiron in Pisces!  

And Uranus (trauma) will be sextiling the SN and trining the NN.  

The resolution node will be the NN 4° Sag.  

Could this be a period of massive disillusionment.......?

Hi Linda,

I have looked at this chart, or something similar because it represents the completion of the current Venus cycle (which began 2004 with Venus in Gemini, through five signs, creating Phi in the sky...the cycle culminates with Venus in Gemini as well in 2012), but haven't looked at the chart in depth.  Though because my own chart is so mutable I wondered about it.

Maybe our minds will get blown wide open!  Jupiter in Gemini represents the ability to download a massive amount of information, add Uranus for shock effect.  For the US, our country as we know it may never be the same, especially the way we think about it...a shattering of our collective security.  It would be interesting to take the chart you posted and create a synastry chart with the US chart.

Wendy

I just posted the charts of the election of Abraham Lincoln on the new thread Ari created--the nodes were in Cap/Cancer, and the charts for the Emancipation Proclamation--nodes in Gemini/Sag.

Linda

Hi Wendy,

Here are some of the aspects to the USA Chart for 12 June 2012:

T-Uranus will square USA's Sun, Venus and Jupiter and oppose Saturn.
T-Mercury (ruler of the T-SN) will conjunct the Sun, Venus and Jupiter and square Saturn.
T-Jupiter (ruler of the T-NN) balsamic conjunction to the Ascendant.
T-Neptune/Chiron will square Uranus.
T-Pluto will oppose the Sun, Venus and Jupiter and square Saturn.
T-SN will conjunct Uranus.
T-Mars square Mars.
.....and more.

It's certainly an understatement to say that a lot will be happening for the USA around that time.

Click on the attached grid below.....

Wendy

Linda can you post the chart too?

Rad

Hi All,

One of the main dynamics, at a governmental level, will be the degree of 'misinformation' versus that which is actually true. The misinformation called lies = propaganda will be repeated over and over by governments/ politicians, and in many countries the media which serves as a megaphone for the propaganda, so that by such repetition that which is a lie becomes the truth. In essence 'believing' the lie to be the truth. With Pluto in Capricorn this type of controlled information in order to make people believe in the lies will be counteracted by many other human forces and capacities that attempt to help people see the actual truth versus the lies = propaganda.

God Bless, Rad

Karola

Hi Rad,

I would say: the governments can no longer claim sole responsibility for interpreting the facts. The crowd develops to a strong force. The times of propaganda - in my view - are gone.

I have just heard in the News here that the American Government has decided to break with Mubarak because most of the American people sympathize with the population in Egypt. Is it true?

Lies will already been contributing factors to politics. But propaganda - in my view - has another dimension.

Karola

Karola

Sorry, I think I've used the wrong word. "Sympathize" might be an infelicity of the expression. I wanted to say that the American people show their solidarity with the population of Egypt. I hope this is what I mean.

Greetings.
Karola