School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

GEODETIC EQUIVALENTS

Started by Rad, Feb 14, 2011, 04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

Rad,
Do we add the Lunar Nodes to the cosmogram?
Thanks.

Rad

Hi Wendy,

Yes, that is correct.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Linda,

The S.Node of the Moon, yes ................

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi All,

Ok unless there are further questions we will continue on starting tomorrow ... Saturday.

God Bless, Rad

Upasika

Hi Rad,

So just checking I have it right.

In the cosmogram:

- all the Aries, Cancer, Libra & Cardinal planets will be in the 0 - 30 degree section at their actual degree of the sign they're in. 

- all the Taurua, Leo, Scorpio & Aquarius planets will be in the 30 - 60 degree section but with 30 degrees equalling 0 degree (of the sign they're in) up to 60 degrees equalling 30 degrees (of the sign they're in).
e.g. Saturn at 21 Leo would be at 51 degrees on the dial, Jupiter at 11 Aquarius would be 41 degrees on the dial

- all the Gemini, Virgo, Sag & Pisces planets will be in the 60 - 90 degree section but with 60 degrees equalling 0 degrees (of the sign they're in) up to 90 degrees equalling 30 degrees (of the sign they're in)
e.g. Saturn at 12 Gemini would be at 72 degree on the dial, Jupiter at 2 Sag would be at 62 degrees on the dial and Chiron at 21 Picses would be at 81 degrees on the dial.

If that is all correct then I'm ready for the next step.

thanks very much,
Upasika

Rad

Hi Upasika,

It's all correct.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi All,

So we have now arrived at the final steps in using geodetic equivalents on the world map combined with the development of the cosmograms. So all of you should now placed your natal planets and the S.Nodes of Mercury, Moon, Venus, and Mars in your personal cosmogram.

The next step is then to take the cosmo dial and place it at the center of the cosmogram. In the example cosmogram that I attached earlier you will notice that Mars is at 10 degrees of Aries. You will also notice that the arrow at 0 degrees of the cosmo dial is pointed at that Mars. On either side of the 0 degrees you will notice increments of 5 degrees each on either side of that 0 degree marker. And the opposite end of the 0 degrees is the 45 degree marker. To develop your personal cosmogram you will want to note the planets that connect together at the various five degree segments on either side of the 0 degree marker. So in our example cosmogram you will notice that Jupiter is at the 15 degree marker on the left side of the 0 degree marker, and that Venus is also at the 15 degree marker on the right side of the 0 degree marker that is always the reference point  in developing these cosmograms.

You will also notice that Saturn is at the 45 degree marker relative to that 0 degree reference point. In combination this Saturn, Jupiter, and Venus now create a cosmogram with Mars at the top. I have attached an example of what this cosmogram would look like. If there were other planets that connected at the other segments points on either side of the 0 degree reference point they would also be included in creating the total cosmogram. In other words if there was a planet at the 25 degree marker on both the left and right sides of the 0 degree reference point they would then also be part of the cosmogram.

The next step in our example cosmogram is to place the signs on it. So since Mars in Aries is at the top of our cosmogram we mark that as Aries at the top. Then referring the the Ages and their sub-ages we go the Aries age and note the 90 year segment in time for that Mars. Then we look for the Libra 90 year segment within that Age because Jupiter is in Libra at part of the cosmogram. Then we note the 90 year segment for Gemini because Venus is in Gemini as part of that cosmogram. And then Capricorn because Saturn is in Capricorn as part of the cosmogram.

This example is then used to develop all of your personal cosmograms where you place the 0 degree marker, reference point, at each of your planets or nodes in your  personal cosmogram. And when you notice other planets that connect to it via the segments on either side of that marker, as in our example, you then start creating a cosmogram for them.

When you are done developing all of your cosmograms then refer back to the Ages and the sub-ages with the 90  year segments in time to note the time frames for all the planets, and the relevant nodes.

When all of you understand how to do this then we will move on to what it all may mean. If you have questions of course on how to do this please ask.

God Bless, and good luck ! Rad

mountainheather

Hi Rad, is there an orb for these? So if the Venus from you example was at 18 and the Jupiter at 11 both relative to Mars, would they apply?

Thank you, Heather

Rad

Hi Heather,

Thanks for that question. I forgot to mention the orb thing. This is open to investigation or further research but I have used two degree orbs in my own work. So in the example that is being used with Mars that would mean if Jupiter were at the 17 degree mark on the left side, and Venus were at 13 degree mark on the right side, then they would qualify for being tied into the cosmogram.

God Bless, Rad

jasonholley

Hi Rad and all,

I just joined the message board Saturday and am so appreciative to have discovered this topic almost immediately.  Thank you Rad for your service and education here, and thanks to all of you for making this such a vibrant forum as I've begun to explore in other threads.   

I have questions about planets which are conjunct or which are square and thus aligned in the Ebertin chart (e.g. Pluto 4 Libra, Saturn 4 Cancer).  Does one create a separate cosmogram for each planet?  If so, is the conjunct/aligned planet then listed in the top position and calibrated according to the Age of the sign of the planet whose cosmogram it is?  (i.e., using the e.g. above, for Pluto's cosmogram, Pluto's timeframe would be Libra Sub-Age/Libra period, and Saturn's would be Libra Sub-Age/Cancer period; for Saturn's cosmogram, Saturn's timeframe would be Cancer Age/Cancer period, and Pluto's would be Cancer Age/Libra period; then all the branches of the two cosmograms would have the same planets, but calibrated to Cancer Age periods for Saturn cosmogram and Libra Sub-Age periods for Pluto cosmogram).

Secondly, when conjunct or aligned planets occur in another planet's cosmogram, should they be listed on the same branch even if they are in different signs? 

Thank you, looking forward to learning more. 

God bless,
Jason

Rad

Hi Jason,

Yes to both questions ..........

God Bless, Rad

Taf

Rad,

Just to clarify: there must be planets/nodes on both sides of the reference planet's dial at equal markers in order to be tied into the cosmogram (Venus 15 degrees on one side, Jupiter 15 degrees on the other)?  We wouldn't tie Venus at 15 degrees on one side into the cosmogram of Mars (0 degrees) if the opposite 15 degree marker is empty because we're talking about midpoints.  Is this correct?

Thanks

taf

Linda

Hi Rad,

In my SN Venus cosmogram, Mercury (on the one side) aspects 2 planets (on the other side)
of the marker.  Do I include both, as shown in the draft below?

Rad

Hi Linda,

No, it's not done this way. Each planet or S.Node is used, one by one, at the top of the pointer in the cosmo dial to develop their own cosmo grams. Thus, your S.Node of Venus is at the top in the example you have sent. You would not be including your Mercury in Cap in this cosmo gram or your Venus in Cap or your S.Node of Mercury in Cap. Each of these would have their own cosmo gram. When such points are conjunct within the natal birth chart you can also put all of them at the top of your cosmo gram and then create the cosmo grams that other planets are linked too, i.e. your S.Node, Uranus in Leo, and S.Node of Mars in Sagittarius. In the cosmo gram you shared you also have the wrong 90 year segment for Mercury, Venus, and S.Node of Mercury in Cap. That 90 year segment is 7,660 to 7,570. You have these listed for the Aquarius 90 year segment: 7,570 to 7,480.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Taf,

Yes to what you have written.

God Bless, Rad