Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mars, Venus, Mercury....then Mercury, Venus, Mars  (Read 490 times)
Pattycr

« on: Feb 21, 2011, 02:15 AM »

In traditional methods, the archetypes were presented as such:

Mars (Aries) evolved into Venus (Taurus) which evolved into Mercury (Gemini)...

then it comes back around to the same archetypes, but in the opposite direction...

Mercury (Virgo) evolved into Venus (Libra) which evolved into Mars (Scorpio)

What sort of symbolism does this speak about, as far as our relationships, actions and intellect go? Or perhaps the communication (Mercury)?

I understand that with Evolutionary Astrology, there is a difference in rulerships. However, I still find the chain of events interesting, and if anyone would be kind enough to consider with me the dynamics of this particular organization, and the deeper meaning this may present, I would really appreciate it.

The second pattern of Mercury,Venus, Mars almosts seems to be a retrograde of the previous evolutions.

Thank you for any thoughts.
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2011, 09:22 AM »

Hi Pattycr,

Traditional astrology never presented the archetypes in this way: as one evolving into another. Traditional astrology, as well as Evolutionary Astrology, has specific signs, houses, and planets that all correlate specifically to the totality of human consciousness. It has never been presented as one evolving into another, but that each of the various archetypes, i.e. Aries, Venus, Saturn, Virgo, the 9th House etc, etc, etc all correlate to specific archetypes within that totality.

God Bless, Rad
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2011, 09:46 AM »

Hi Patty

Apparently I was writing something at the same time as Rad .  My thoughts were these:

Astrology is Observation and Correlation - correlating natural phenomena to their effects on human life.  And I don't see correlation to human life with the model you're suggesting.

All of the archetypes exist simultaneously within creation - their sum total is the essence of what EA calls Natural Law.  It equates to the experience of being human on Earth.  Thus they are not evolving into each other because they all already exist.  Without all 12 already existing there could not be human life as we know it.  Not because astrology makes our life. Because astrology SYMBOLIZES our lives, as they actually exist.

Life is not linear.  It is not going around a wheel sign by sign and then at the end turning around and retracing its steps in the opposite direction.   Do you know anyone who would describe their life as  working that way? 

If no human is experiencing life in that way, how can that be how astrology works? Thus the idea that there is a linear progression of evolution from sign to sign and back again is proven false by comparing it to the actual living reality of humans. 
Steve

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: