School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Transits

Started by Deva, Mar 07, 2011, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deva

Hi group, I wanted to see if there is any interest in starting a thread about transits. My idea was to go through the main evolutionary theme, or meaning, of the planets through transit, and then apply to it an individual chart, and/ or current transits that are happening. In this way we could learn how to apply the main evolutionary themes of specific transits to the individual chart. Let me know if this interest in this idea, and we'll move forward.
God Bless
Deva

ari moshe

Hi Deva, thanks for offering to hold this space. My intention is to follow along from the outside for now.
With Love,
am

Rick

Hey Deva,
I think this would be extremely helpful.  as I am beginning to look at charts for people they often want to know about things happening now.  I can intuit some of it, but I think this would be a great learning tool for me.

Rick

Wendy

Yes, I would like to participate.  Thank you.

Upasika

Deva I think its a great idea, although unfortuneately I won't have that much much time or space to contribute at the moment, but I'll definitely be following along and participating whenever I can.

Linda

Thanks Deva - I'm very interested in this, and would like to participate.

Deva

Ok, great! Will get my thoughts together and start with Mars transits soon.

God Bless
Deva

Deva

Hi Group, here are my thoughts about Mars transits.
     Mars is the leading edge of evolutionary growth, or change. It gives the evolutionary dynamics in the chart a constant forward motion, or momentum. It is the lower octave of Pluto, or how we consciously act out the desires that emanate from Pluto.  Mars correlates with the beginning of a brand new evolutionary cycle, and the need to initiate, or put into motion, actions that will allow this new cycle to begin. Mars transits symbolize the need to put into motion necessary life changes relative to the beginning of  new part or cycle within our life that will allowthe current evolutionary/karmic dynamics to be actualized.  Mars correlates with instinctual behavior, and learns on an action-reaction basis. When experiencing Mars transits there will be an increasing need for freedom and Independence to intiate the necessary actions, or direction, that will allow the new evolutionary cycle to move forward. It is important to understand that the new evolutionary cycle is not  consciously known, or understood by the individual because it is so new. In other words, Mars/Aries/1st house correlates with the process of self-discovery , and again, the need for freedom and independence to discover what the new evolutionary cycle is about.
    Mars also correlates with anger. Anger can be linked with many things, but one critical dynamic that is linked with anger is not wanting to have personal freedom restricted in any way. When experiencing Mars transits, anger at personal limitations or any external restrictions to initiating the new cycle that the individual feels is necessary at that time of the transit can manifest. It is important to understand that anger can be projected into external situations that  are perceived as the cause of the limitations instead of understanding that the increasing desire to change existing life circumstances is a reflection of the desire to create forward momentum in evolutionary growth, and to use anger in a constructive way to create the necessary changes that must be made at this time. A Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter or Uranus transit to Mars will have a deeper impact than transiting Mars to these planets because of the length of the transit itself (mars moves fast in the sky). I would like to use some examples of Mars transits, but want to make sure the introduction is clear first, and of course looking to forward to input from others.   
God Bless
Deva

Linda

Quote from: Deva on Mar 14, 2011, 09:59 AMIt is important to understand that anger can be projected into external situations that are perceived as the cause of the limitations instead of understanding that the increasing desire to change existing life circumstances is a reflection of the desire to create forward momentum in evolutionary growth, and to use anger in a constructive way to create the necessary changes that must be made at this time.

Hi Deva,

Your introduction to Mars transits is very clear to me, however, just one question:

I really appreciate your explanation of Mars' projections onto the environment.  Since the individual may not be consciously aware of the need to move forward, the trigger of anger could be the vehicle that signifies the initial impulse for change.  Is the outcome of forward momentum the same for both destructive and constructive anger?  It's interesting how anger is used, in a sense to put an end to something, and also to start something new. 

I'm looking forward to learning more from you and others.

Rick

So is it fair to say that Mars transiting another planet will cause an instinctual acceleration in evolution within the archetype of that planet?  As a bare bones example......Mars transitting Uranus.  So on a collective level for sure, but also individaully this would correlate with the need to put into motion our desires for liberation in this lifetime....whatever that represents within the lense of the karmic dynamic.  Another being Mars transitting Sun.....This would correlate with the need to begin acting in a way that truly actualizes our real identity...........integrating happiness.  I realize there is much more to it than that, but is that the bottom line level of the archetype we are looking at here?  Starting from the ground up?

Rick

Wendy

Wow, so happy to have this thread beginning.  It couldn't be more timely in my life.  I had an internal direct awareness of Mars in my chart this past week, clearly seeing how it plays out the loaded karmic patterns relating to my natal Pluto Venus conjunction (Mars is in Libra-PlutoVenus in 4H). 

With Saturn coming soon to conjunct natal Mars square natal moon, I will be glad to have a heads up on Mars and this natal aspect, which has confused me for years.  It's amazing to me how long it takes to truly get the dynamics that get played out externally before I internally gain the wisdom or willingness to fully embrace my own resistance and my own desires. 

Also the information Rad has shared on the Geodetic and planetary nodes thread gives all of this even more meaning, especially since I have late degree cardinal planets (Mars included) that are squared, opposed and conjunct the nodes of Saturn and Pluto.

Thanks Deva.

Deva

Hi, great questions.
Linda-My main point about Mars and anger is that anger that is projected upon others, or the environment as the source of personal limitations typically creates a negative and destructive outcome (personal degeneration) during Mars transits because the person does not understand that the limitations/restrictions are actually a reflection of the need to move forward in life, and that it is an inner limitation that is creating the restriction towards further growth. When this anger is used constructively, or in a positive way, the person can respond to a Mars transit in a way to grow past whatever personal limitation is creating a block towards putting into motion a new evolutionary cycle. Anger that is triggered at this time that is linked with not wanting personal freedom or Independence to be limited can be used to create a new way of responding to external circumstances that are limited, or confining in some way to change those situations instead of just blowing up on another person, or blaming the outer circumstance. Anger can be used to initiate the new cycle of becoming that correlates with Mars instead of creating situations of personal degeneration self-implosion. Just as a simple example: I recently had a Mars return (natal Mars in cap/9th house), and I found myself feeling so much repressed anger coming to the surface that needed to be realeased that I become very impatient and also intolerant in ways that were inappropriate. The point within this is that there was also a desire to realease this kind of anger, and to use it in a way to be free from my own inner dynamics of emotional repression that were the cause of my intense anger at that time.  I had to learn to respond to certain situations that triggered this anger in a new way that allowed personal growth to occur (not reacting in an instinctual way to the triggers of the past that created personal degeneration).  Mars also correlates with fears of all sorts, and during these transits our fears can come to the surface. Mars transits offer an opportunity to break free from these fears. 

Rick, yes Mars creates an instinctual desire to move forward and initiate a new cycle of becoming relative to the planet that is transiting it. I like your examples.
I will post more examples soon.
God Bless
Deva

Linda

Deva,

Thanks so much for your thorough explanation of how Mars can get triggered during transits or at the beginning of a new evolutionary cycle.  

I experienced this myself late last year when transiting Mars moved into Capricorn joining transiting Pluto, North Node, Mercury, and all of these conjuncting my Venus.  It was the beginning of a new Venus/Mars cycle.  I experienced that self-implosive anger, and all the fears that go with it, and blamed it on an outside circumstance.  After this sudden and shocking event, that is, releasing that anger that had been repressed, I recognized an urgent need to move forward, and so that situation was changed. 

So the actual energy of Mars (in relation to natal Venus) allowed me to let go of something, begin a new venture, focus more on essentials, make new choices, change an old situation, and move beyond prior limitations.  I can see how the Mars cardinal energy works in close alliance with Pluto (the Soul) in propelling us forward to meet our evolutionary needs.  I have also learned from direct experience that anger arising signifies something much deeper.

Now that Mercury, Jupiter, URANUS, and (soon) Lilith have moved into ARIES, learning about Mars in transit will be very important in order to grasp the true meaning of this archetype in the bigger picture.

Looking at the planets in transit will be great for us students.  Thank you so much Deva for your teaching and guidance.

Upasika

Hi Deva,

Well I too have just experienced first hand exactly what you are saying. Also got Mars Cap/9th. I had been temporarily living in a flat with my girlfriend that was one of two at the back of a large house for about 5 months, and the tenant in the other was an alcoholic. He wasn't the best kind of character to be living next to, had a bit of grey heavy aura, but we all coexisted. Got back from holiday at New year in a great space, and later that evening after he'd been drinking for a few hours by himself as he usually did, he barged into our place and went beserk, screaming and shouting, totally psychotic, then started threatening violence to our cars and by implication to ourselves as well, all over something relatively trivial he'd been stewing on for weeks.

We decided then and there that we'd move, although to different places (her study needs limited where she could move to). We should have done it much earlier, just the situation was otherwise extremely convenient (apart from him being next to us it was). Within 5 days I had moved all my stuff (and it was a lot of stuff, not just household stuff but lots of landscaping materials etc, and on the 6th day woke up at my new place. My Mars return was exactly at 7:55 am of the day I woke up at the new place.

So for me the Mars transit (to Mars) attracted a huge amount of someone else's anger onto me, but it certainly mobilised me into "moving forward" (literally !) and onto another chapter in my life. And this guy was a hardened alcoholic, pretty mean and hard underneath, so we were walking on eggshells a bit (fear) as we knew he was hugely irrational (from the alcohol) and didn't know whether his threats of violence would be actualised, but weren't inclined to take the chance or give him any bait. He was an Aries chef with many sharp knives (Mars again) from work at his home and there was no knowing what would happen if he flipped again!

So we had to temporarily supress our Mars energy by not standing up to him. It took us about 6 weeks afterwards to release the effects of that via nature, nurture and emotional release structures.

Thanks Deva for such a good thread.

blessings Upasika

Deva

Thanks for input Linda and Upasika!
I would like to add another example of a Mars transit. When interpreting any transit we must be able to put it in the individual context of the natal chart. To fully understand Mars transits, then, we must understand the meaning  natal Mars in the individual chart. The examples I would like to use will demonstrate how to do this.
The event that occurred for the women who had a significant Mars transit is that a wild fire burned down her house. She was left with nothing but a few possessions (her cherished guitar being one of those few possessions).  Thankfully, the community reached out to her and others who had lost their house. She also had a significant Pluto transit which reflects the intensity of this event that occured.
This women is in 1st stage spiritual condition, and grew up in the lower economic class. She grew up with a disabled mother and several older brothers who had to help take care of the mother at an early age. In her natal chart she has Pluto in the 11th house forming a  balsamic conjunction to Mars/Sun/Uranus. The South Node is in Taraus/8th house ruled by Venus in Virgo/12th house, North Node in Scorpio in the 2nd house conjunct the Moon. The need to liberate/decondition from pre-existing emotional patterns that are based an a negative self-image/self-worth and the need to transform dependencies upon others within relationships that are based on the need for positive feedback (Pluto in Leo the 11th house balsamic conjunction to Mars/Sun/Uranus). The need to re-empower herself from within based on validating her own inner capacities, and to re-claim her own "inner power" or strength is reflected in this natal signature. A fundamental self-reliance can be developed as she learns to validate herself from within, and her self-image and inner relationship will progressively turn from negative to positive (South Node in Taurus in the 8th house, North Node in Scorpio in the 2nd house conjunct the Moon).
     In this example, Mars is in a balsamic conjunction to Pluto in Leo/11th house, and Pluto is conjunct Uranus and the Sun also in a balsamic phase. This correlates with the need to culminate an entire evolutionary cycle relative to how she has acted upon the desires reflected by Pluto, and to align her personal will and desires towards actualizing the current evolutionary intentions for the life. In this context, the need to put into motion actualizing her desires of a spiritual nature that allow personal transformation and continual evolution to manifest is reflected in these symbols. As mentioned before, attracting relationships where she gave away, or lost, her power and ability to be self-reliant created situations of being trapped or consumed by these relationships. The dynamic of guilt and the need to atone for the guilt can be seen by planetary ruler of the South Node, Venus in Virgo/12th house conjunct Mercury. Pluto/ Mars in a balsamic phase, and  Virgo in the 12th house correlate with the need to act upon the need spiritually develop and merge with the Divine, and in so doing bring to resolution the emotional/psychological patterns of the past that have already been described. 
    At the time of the fire, Mars was in Aries in her 7th house making a tine to her natal Uranus in Leo/11th house which makes the aspects already mentioned. Pluto was also making an exact conjunction to her Moon/North Node conjunction  (quite a graphic symbol of a house burn down)! At the time of the fire, she was experiencing  intense difficulties in her current relationship (transiting Mars in Aries/7th house) , and was feeling an increasing desire to be free from the limitations of these kinds of relationships in general (transiting Pluto conjunct North Node/Moon conjunction), and start a new cycle of evolutionary becoming through liberating from the emotional patterns already described (Mars trine Uranus in Leo in the 11th house).  Her own experience of this very intense and traumatic event was that she felt, on inner level, that the fire was symbolic (Pluto transit) of the new cycle that she wanted to initiate, and she also felt a sense of relief that the old cycle was coming to closer. She was able to objectify the inner dynamics that were creating these types of life circumstances, and to create the necessary inner changes with speed and amazing courage.  In other words, in this case the Mars trine to her Uranus reflects that she was ready to initiate  the necessary inner changes to allow the new evolutionary cycle to begin. She was able to use the very stressful traumatic event that occurred in a way that created forward movement and personal growth ( transiting Mars trine Uranus). With Pluto conjunct Mars she is able to accomplish a lot of growth very quickly!
God Bless
Deva