School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Transits

Started by Deva, Mar 07, 2011, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emily

Hi Skywalker,

Thank you for you sharing this. It resonates deeply. Health and healing on many levels have been a strong focus throughout the Pluto in the 6th transit for me. Especially taking responsibility for my own health and experiencing empowerment through that.

Blessings,
Emily

Upasika

Hi Deva,

I have a question for you.
What is your take on these two different but related transiting events?

1. The transiting Nodal axis squares a natal planet, producing a temporary "skipped step signature"

2. A transiting planet moves into a square to the natal nodal axis, also producing a temporary "skipped step signature"

Any comment/explanation you may have would be very appreciated.

blessings Upasika

Deva

Hi, Upasika. Thanks for posting this question! My understanding/interpretation of these two similar/different events is:

1) If a planet forms a square to the natal nodal axis it reflects that the specific planetary function (by house and sign locality) will act/serve as a skipped step for the duration of that transit in the context of the current evolutionary/karmic intentions symbolized by the natal South and North Nodes.
    For example, when Jupiter was in Aries/in my 11th house (which is also the polarity point of my natal Pluto) squaring my natal axis of South Node in cap/8th house and North Node in cancer/2nd house I experienced a transiting skipped step in the context of the need to assert/develop autonomy and independence and express my unique individuality in regards to new teachings I had learned (Jupiter in Aries/11th house) that facilitated the need to become inwardly secure and self-reliant (North Node in Cancer/2nd house) and how it conflicted with my existing obligations and responsibilities at an existing university (South Node in cap/8th house) which did not allow the new teachings I had learned to be assimilated/taught in an independent manner. The key point within this is that I needed to adjust my interpretation (Jupiter) of my personal experience at that time and to be willing to break free from my existing obligations/responsibilities in order to peruse a new path that was in alignment with the teachings that promoted the ability to become inwardly secure, self-reliant, and reflected the development of my new identity in this context.  Again, the skipped step was regarding my own interpretation/teachings that were assimilated and my ability to develop a life path that reflects my natural truth/voice independent from previous social conditioning/man made teachings I had absorbed from the evolutionary past (Transiting Jupiter in Aries/11th house squaring natal South Node in cap/8th house, North Node in Cancer/2nd house).

2) If the transiting nodal axis is square a natal planet the specific dynamics symbolized by the nodal axis (by house and sign locality) then the current dynamics that are linked with the transition from past (transiting South Node) to future ( transiting North Node) act/serve as a skipped step in terms of the natal squaring planet. In other words, the transiting nodal axis symbolizes where our past meets our future, so to speak, and that those specific dynamics are now acting as skipped steps in the context of the natal planet. Again the transiting nodes symbolize the evolutionary movement/integration from past to future in the current time while the natal nodal axis reflects the ongoing transition from the evolutionary past to future throughout the life. 

Hope this helps clarify your question and please feel free to post any questions/personal insight as well!

Namaste

Deva

Upasika

Hi Deva,

That was a very interesting example and great to learn from, thank you. I've outlined this again in my own words to confirm my understanding is correct.

I understand that the transiting planet (Jupiter/Aries/11th) squaring your natal nodal axis was causing difficulty. It was doing this because it was triggering issues to do with itself in the temporary resolution node - in this case your south node (Cap/8th).

The central issue to the difficulty -caused by the transiting planet- was unearthed at the temporary resolution node (your south node). Issues intrinsic to the transiting planet that were already existing within (yet up to that point lying dormant in) that temporary resolution node, in some shape or form. Pre-existing issues inherent in that node that you hadn't got around to dealing with prior to that, or not completely anyway.

As you have said those issues were a mix of autonomy & independence (Aries), expression of your uniqueness (11th) regarding new knowledge you had imbibed (Jupiter). These issues from the transiting location (Jup/Ar/11th) were reflected in your resolution node i.e. in your commitments (8th) to your existing obligations and responsibilities (Cap) at a university (Jupiter - classic isn't it!) .... the symbolism couldn't be clearer. These issues all stemmed from your past, as the resolution node for this temporary skipped step was the south node (the past). With the resolution needing to happen during the period of the transit.

The reolution in regard to these issues at that node occurred through ... the experience (the house, 11th in your case) of the skipped step planet (Jup/Aries) being a challenge (square) to the issues. This challenge was to let the skipped step planet influence in, to include it:  in your case to include increased clarity, 11th,and feeling more inspired & independent (Aries) regarding knowledge and how you were approaching/applying it (Jup) .

Including this transiting planet experience meant adjusting your personal experience of the issues into one that was more objective, 11th house. And as I understand it this seemed to be the thing that brought about seeing your current commitments (8th) more in terms of your present situation rather than according to some past (south node) reality  - either yours or someone else's. And therefore helping you to break free.

When there are no natal skipped steps generally there is a natural nodal movement to the north node (in your case though you possibly have a natal skipped step, but it's resolution node is also the north node anyway). In these cases I can see how a temporary skipped step can be a powerful evolutionary boost, the impetus for a greater and enhanced embrace of the north node - in your case probably bringing renewed and deepened inner security (Cancer) and self reliance (2nd).

Also very interesting Deva is that the temporary skipped step occurred at your PPP. Any activity happening in the location of the PPP has a strong and far reaching impact. That was no run of the mill passing skipped step ... did you feel you were being picked up by a huge wave and carried into a new space?

I have both examples coming up, none anywhere as dramatic as this, but I'll observe them and see what I notice, and get back. Thank you.

blessings Upasika

Deva

Hi, Upasika. Thanks for posting your insights! Yes, your understanding is correct. I wanted to add for sake of clarification that the intensity of the transit is also due to transiting Pluto conjunct the South Node in Capricorn in the 8th and a first Saturn return. Yes, I did feel that a big wave was overhead and carried into a new space during this time! There are no natal skipped steps in my chart but relative to the transits at that time deep evolutionary lessons where being enforced and revisited.

Ultimately it lead to a lot of personal growth via a ongoing liberation and breaking free process. There was a new found strength and courage to establish a life path I felt most connect/aligned with at Soul/heart level (felt inspired and guided towards as you accurately mentioned).

Namaste

Deva

Linda

Hi Deva,

Could you please help explain how to incorporate the EA understanding/interpretation of the upcoming Moon Phases.

Please see New Topic entitled, "Moon Phases."

Thanks so much.

Love,

Linda

Upasika

Hi Deva,

Thanks for mentioning that, those other transits do add to the impact of the temporary skipped step!

blessings Upasika