School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Transits

Started by Deva, Mar 07, 2011, 09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deva

Hi group, great will post another example very soon (sorry about the delay-it has been a very busy week).
Linda, yes you are correct that the natal Mars/Pluto phase and of course house and sign position correlates to how the evolutionary intentions within the birth chart will be acted upon in a consistent manner. Mars transits/progressions reflect critical times in the Soul's journey that trigger, or ignite, these core dynamics relative to the specific nature of the transit/progression.
Will post soon!
God Bless
Deva

Linda

Thank you Deva, that's good to know.

Upasika

I'm reading along Deva, appreciate what you have started here - thank you. I feel its a deceptively deep topic and like the way you're slowing down and going into the principles in more detail. Wish I could actively participate more, but must focus on health for the time being. Upasika

Deva

Hi group, thanks again for the feedback. Tried to post this chart, but included birth data if it doesn't work.
Here's an example of a teenage girl (daughter of a client) who had a very interesting Mars return.
Birth data is Aug, 29th, 1996, 11:15 pm in Boulder, CO.  She is1st stage spiritual evolutionary condition. Grew up in the middle class economic state with no specific religious conditioning. She is naturally orientated towards working with animals as a profession. ( natal Pluto sag/6th house). In fact, she horses are her favorite animals, and she is already riding and working in horse stables on a consistent basis at the age of 14. She is a daemon Soul and naturally feels alienated from most people, and her work with animals, specifically horses, is a way for her to heal and align with her natural nature, or identity.
     In her natal chart she has Pluto in Sagittarius in the 6th house, and the South Node in Aries in the 11th house conjunct Saturn in Aries, and the Moon in Pisces in the 11th house. The planetary ruler of the South Node is Mars in Cancer in the 3rd house conjunct her Venus also in Cancer in the 3rd house in a balsamic phase. The North Node is in Libra in the 5th house conjunct her Mercury. The planetary ruler of the South Node (Mars) conjuncts the planetary ruler of the North Node Venus in Cancer in the 3rd house. This symbolizes the evolutionary intention to re-live critical dynamics of the past in order to resolve them.  Jupiter is in Capricorn in the 8th house square her nodal axis (which reflect a skipped step from an evolutionary point of view).
     During her last Mars return she was 13 years old, and unfortunately going through an intense time of social rejection and also social alienation simply for being different, and not conforming to the traditional ways of being within relationships in general (Pluto in the 6th house, South Node in Aries in the 11th house conjunct her Saturn, Jupiter square the nodal axis).  She grew up in a family that promoted natural laws and truths as guiding  principles in life, and modeled these principles within the family on a daily basis in the context of relationships ( planetary ruler of the South Node is Mars in Cancer in the 3rd house conjunct Venus in a balsamic phase). Thus, she was already starting, or beginning, a brand new evolutionary cycle in this context of her pre-existing relationship patterns by being exposed to this type of role modeling at an early age. This type of role modeling allowed her to bring to closure, or resolution, prior relationships pattern that were destructive in nature. For example, rebellion against her family due to displaced anger is reflected in these symbols, and  prior to the Mars return she acting out via displaced emotions relative to experiencing this type of rejection with her peer group. It can be seen that in prior lives she was rejected by members of her family and given virtually no emotional nurturing. Thus, she would unconsciously and instinctually act out displaced emotions on her family members based on these types of past experiences (South Node in Aries/11th house conjunct Saturn, and Mars/Venus in a balsamic phase in Cancer in the 3rd house. 
      She picked a family environment this life in which she could heal the wounds from this type of past experience, and was given a tremendous amount of love and emotional nurturing from an early age  (Pluto in Sag/6th house, Mars conjunct Venus in Cancer/3rd house in a balsamic phase). In other words, the evolutionary intention within these symbols is to establish a new inner and outer relationship pattern by learning to internalize emotional security, and to validate herself from within instead of relying on the social acceptance of peers. In this way she can transform her self-image from negative to positive, and  become self-secure no matter what external or social circumstances she was in.  Jupiter square the nodal axis symbolizes a skipped step in the context of conforming to social norms to gain this type of acceptance, and also to express her emotional truth within relationships instead of compensating through the act of conformity. The experience of social rejection at this time forced her back on herself (Venus/Mars in Cancer/3rd house) in order to learn the necessary evolutionary lessons described above.
     At the time of the Mars return she was going into puberty (she started her first menstruation within days of the Mars return), and naturally wanted to be more social than before which made the impact of social rejection extremely difficult at this time. In fact, her best friend was no longer returning her phone calls or wanting to "hang out" with her. However, through the strength of her will she was able to change the prior patterns of acting out on her family and compensating through the act of conformity to gain social acceptance. She confronted her worst fear of being alone with no friends by not forcing friendships that were not natural in nature (i.e based on the dynamics of the past that have already been described) at that time.  Her family and her relationship with horses became the most important part of her reality.  Her attitude became "if I need to be a group of one so be it." She emotionally matured very quickly at this time (natal Jupiter in Capricorn in the 8th house, South Node conjunct Saturn in Aries in the 11th house). The necessary resolution of these dynamics is reflected in the natal Mars/Venus  in a balsamic phase, and the Mars return was triggering the re-living of these issues in order for them to be resolved, and a new cycle to begin. Because of this inner shift she made she did make new and healthier relationships at this time, and was even able to heal the relationship with her best friend through their love of horses.
     This inner growth reflects  the new evolutionary cycle being put into motion relative to the Mars return. In addition, at the time of the Mars return the transiting  South Node was conjunct her natal Venus/Mars conjunction, and the transiting Sun was conjunct her North Node in Libra/5th house which reflects the re-living (transiting South Node on her Venus/Mars conjunction) and  resolution  of these core evolutionary lessons at the time of the Mars return occurred through taking charge of her special destiny and learning self-empowerment (transiting Sun on the North Node in Libra/5th house).  Again, we can see the new cycle that was indented to be put into motion at the time, and how her response to the challenges and difficulties of this time created a positive outcome (she changed the way she used her anger from destructive to constructive in the ways already described).   
Let me know if anything is unclear in this example. Want to start Venus transits soon unless there are any questions or input about Mars transits.
God Bless
Deva       

Linda

Mars transit practice chart.......

Upasika

Deva thanks, that was a very thorough and interesting example.

mirta

Hi Deva,
With this example you made very clear to me the relationship between Mars transit and the main evolutionary dynamic, the meaning of a Mars return as a new cycle that begins, and also its furthering of the evolution of the natal balsamic conjunction Venus-Mars( 2º  before exact).
And of course the importance of the Soul's decision to use energy in a constructive, evolutionary way.

I have a question about the relationship between Mars transit and the other transits we see in that moment.

First, should we look at this relationship?
If we should: in your first example, could we say that transiting Pluto is activating her NN and promoting a metamorphosis in her inner relationship and self-image (Moon conjunct NN) increasing her self reliance, and inner self-validation with the consequent empowering and autonomy within relationships; and:
is in that context that Mars transit triggers Uranus liberating action in order to put in motion the actions leading to this metamorphosis?

In the second example, what is the relationship between the reliving and emergence of prior causes that the transiting SN promotes and the new cycle that Mars return is initiating?

In other words, should we see Mars as the focus of the transit constellation, or is it the triggering of deeper layers action?
Hope I could put it clear.
Thanks Deva
God Bless
Mirta

Steven

Hi, Deva, although I am new to the site and just catching up, this is a great thread and extremely helpful . I've got a pretty clear understanding now of how the Mars transits, and especially returns, ignite new cycles of the original Mars/soul intentions, and this is already informing how I am working with one of my clients for an uncoming Mars return.

I do have a question about the last chart, which may be off-topic because it isn't about the transit, but about how you discerned the following:

"It can be seen that in prior lives she was rejected by members of her family and given virtually no emotional nurturing."  This is key info, and I'm not sure that I know yet how to see that from Pluto in Sag in the 6th and South Node Aries in the 11th. Those placements/signs wouldn't guide me in that direction, so I know there's something I'm missing.  Or does it have to do with the fact that the ruler of the South Node Sign is Mars, which is in Cancer?

Again, if this is too off-topic, no worries.

Thanks for the thread!

Deva

Hi Mirta and Dylan-great questions you both have asked!
Mirta- Yes, in the first example it is the Pluto transit to North Node/Moon conjunction in the 2nd house that symbolizes the metamorphosis of the self-image, and learning self-reliance. The Mars trine to natal Uranus is what is going this evolutionary intentions movement, or motion. Again, in this example trauma (Uranus) was experienced in order to enforce these core evolutionary lessons.
   In the second example, the planetary rulers of the nodes (Venus and Mars) are in a balsamic conjunction which reflects the need to relive certain dynamics in order to resolve them (bringing core issues to resolution in order to prepare for the new evolutionary phase symbolized in the new phase). Also, at the time of Mars return the transiting south node was conjunct natal Mars/Venus conjunction which reflects unresolved dynamics of the past being re-experienced. The Mars return reflects the potential to put these core evolutionary intentions into motion by resolving the necessary issues related to her past that were described. In other words, a necessary culmination had to occur before the new evolutionary cycle can begin relative to the Mars return. 

Dylan-thanks so much for pointing out a core point that I did not explain clearly! Yes, the issue of a lack of emotional nurturing in her past is reflected by Pluto in the 6th house relative to Venus/Mars in cancer and also Jupiter in Capricorn square the nodes. Essentially, it is the theme of rejection and lack of parental nurturing in her past that triggers her unresolved anger and emotional displacement. Again, in this case she picked the exact opposite family dynamic where she is totally embraced for who she is (her soul nature) and nurtured  in exactly the ways that she needs in order to resolve and heal these past dynamics. 
Hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any questions or post your own examples/insights!
God Bless
Deva

mirta

Thanks Deva for your clear and detailed answer. Very helpful.
God Bless
Mirta

Upasika

2nd example

Quote from: Deva on Apr 15, 2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, the issue of a lack of emotional nurturing in her past is reflected by Pluto in the 6th house relative to Venus/Mars in cancer and also Jupiter in Capricorn square the nodes.

Deva, when I look at the chart what strikes me as reasons for the lack of emotional nurturing in past lives would be firstly : Saturn conj SN showing emotional repression/denial, which is reinforced by Mars (ruler of SN and Saturn) conj Venus, both being in Cancer (emotional body/parents) squaring Chiron in 5th (wounding to the emotional body, prob from fathers), Mars/Venus sesquiquadrate to Ceres in 7th (withheld nourishment).

Backed up up by Jupiter in Cap squaring the nodes showing that <expansion in life/self-inner authority/understanding of society> has been missing/denied in recent past lives, which would have been a natural result of the lack of emotional nurturing and resulted in a sense of being alienated. Also Capricorn(Jupiter) and Cancer (Venus/Mars) are the parental axis and with Jupiter being the skipped step this points to rejection by her parents in the past. With Jupiter being in the 8th, her projected displaced emotions would be surfacing from her deep emotional isolation.

Combined with Venus in balsamic conj to Mars indicating all these issues from the past needing to be relived/resolved (hence for starters choosing her very nourishing/supporting family in this life).

As Pluto is the higher octave of Mars and also trine Mars, it too is implicated in the past dynamics that Mars is involved in i.e. the emotional repression, and would make her very aware of the lack (6th house) of emotional nurturing she had been subjected to. That Pluto is in a grand trine with SN, Saturn and Venus/Mars, and sextile Uranus which is sextile SN, shows she had actually developed in the past a very good understanding at a soul level of all of these dynamics, and in this life was destined to break the pattern of denial of her emotional needs being her reality, that in fact she may already have started doing that before this life, in the immediate prior life or very recent lives.

This accounts for her relative ease in responding to her Mars return in such a positive manner, it further invoked this residual inner understanding she has already developed prior to this life into actualisation.

Would all this be correct?

thanks Upasika

Deva

Hi Upasika, thanks for your insights! Yes, your analysis is correct. The only additions I would make are that she is learning to internally nurture herself in the ways that she needs, and in this way learning to internalize emotional security in order to be able to remain herself and emotionally stable within social groups and in relationships in general (Mars/Venus balsamic phase being the planetary rulers of the nodal axis axis, South Node in Aries/11th conjunct Saturn). Again, Her family is actively teaching her how to this and promoting the awareness of who is a friend and who is not (Pluto in the 6th house reflects the need to learn discernment and discrimination within relationships, and the Moon in Pisces/11th house reflects a natural naivety as well (wanting to see and believe the best in people without the necessary discernment of who to let into her life as a friend and whom not). The grand trine reflects her own desire to learn these lessons and the potential to break free from these patterns in this life (again this desire is reflected in the family she chose in this life). Venus/Mars in a balsamic phase reflects that these issues have been unresolved prior to this life, and her desire/ intention to bring these issues to resolution or closure in this life.
Hope this helps!
God Bless
Deva

Upasika

Hi Deva,

That does add extra layers of understanding.

Quote from: Deva on Apr 16, 2011, 03:55 PM
... and in this way learning to internalize emotional security in order to be able to remain herself and emotionally stable within social groups and in relationships in general (Mars/Venus balsamic phase being the planetary rulers of the nodal axis axis, South Node in Aries/11th conjunct Saturn).

Of course ... balsamic phase of the relationship planets means she will be throwing off other's expectations and coming back to herself regarding relationships, and being in Cancer establishing internal security via this. And Aries/11th lends itself totally to becoming a "group of one" when the need for that arises, and Saturn in 11th - stability in social groups.

Again, Her family is actively teaching her how to this and promoting the awareness of who is a friend and who is not (Pluto in the 6th house reflects the need to learn discernment and discrimination within relationships, and the Moon in Pisces/11th house reflects a natural naivety as well (wanting to see and believe the best in people without the necessary discernment of who to let into her life as a friend and whom not). I see that now - the discrimiation bit, and when that is lacking and when combined with the natural innocence of a Picses moon, how easily that could manifest as naivety in the context of her relations.

It seems with these Mars transits, particularly the Mars returns, how the transit just acts to activate the evolutionary requirements in the chart in a very direct and singular kind of way (like just simply adding more fuel to the tank), and that once the outer event related to Mars has occurred it quickly fades into the background as the evolutionary intent is mobilised so strongly. Guess that's because Mars both in the chart and as a transiting planet (being conscious desires) is like the fuse in any chart, igniting the whole evolutionary keg of powder (Pluto/Nodes & their rulers).

It will be interesting to see if that's different with other transiting/transited planet combinations e.g. transiting Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus etc and if in those cases the outer event creates a more complicated situation regarding the chart's evolutionary signature, and/or is more indirect in it's effect on it.

Thanks very much for your guidance Deva.

blessings Upasika

Deva

Venus transits: Venus correlates with our inner relationship with ourselves, and also the external relationships we form as a reflection of our inner relationship. Venus is co-ruled by the signs of Taurus and Libra. Taurus reflects our inner relationship with ourselves, and the inner side, or inner nature, of Venus. Libra reflects the relationships we attract and initiate with other people (outer or external side of Venus).  Venus correlates with our values which are a determinate to who we form relationships with and whom not, and also the needs we have within relationships. When we have not learned to meet our own needs they become projected onto our partner and others in general within relationships. (there is a natural inconjunct between the Taurus and Libra archetypes which correlates with the crisis (inconjunct) that occurs when we project to many needs onto another within relationships and are then thrown back onto ourselves in order to learn self-reliance). Venus correlates with extremities, and how we will go about balancing or uniting discordant aspects of ourselves.  Again, the need is to learn to identify what our specific needs are within relationships and meet those from within ourselves in order to attract relationships that our balanced, equal, and based on mutual independence.  The natal placement of Venus in the birth chart correlates with the persons pre-existing relationship patterns, and the values, and needs an individual will have within relationships.
     Venus also correlates to the nature of our "inner dialogue" with ourselves (Taurus side of Venus) and how we can all project this inner dialogue onto others. In other words, if I have Venus in Scorpio I will naturally be listening to others from a "bottom line" psychological standpoint ("where is this person coming from, can I relate to this or not")?  The Venus in Scorpio person may also come into relationships with unconscious fears of abandonment, betrayal, and loss, and unconsciously project these fears onto the other by listening to their partner in a defensive manner, and also project that the other person has ulterior motives or agendas which the other in fact does not have.  The point within this is that Venus correlates with the psychology of listening (Libra side of Venus), and when we listen to others based on our own subjective inner dialogue we do not truly hear what they are communicating. Remember that the archetype of Libra correlates with the need to learn to listen to others from their reality, not our own, in order to truly understand what the other is communicating.
Venus through transit reflects the ongoing evolution of our inner relationship with ourselves, and our outer relationships. The awareness of new and changing needs occurs through Venus transits. The transits of Venus also reflects the specific inner and outer relationship patterns we are working on at that moment in time relative to the house and sign it occupies in our natal chart.  We can simply "outgrow" a current relationship we are in (I do not feel I need this anymore), or feel that it has reached a natural point of separation (no more growth is occurring for either person).  We have all experienced times in our lives when we have exhausted the specific needs that were the basis of a relationship, and become aware of  deeper aspects of ourselves that now need to be nourished, or nurtured, so to speak. In my view, it reflects that we are deepening our inner relationship with ourselves and this growth creates a natural evolution of our needs within relationships.  We must then make the necessary inner and our changes in our life to accommodate these changing needs.  In general, Venus transits to the outer planets such as Jupiter, Uranus, Saturn, and Pluto will induce the deepest levels of change relative to the dynamics already described. Please let me know if anything I have written is unclear, or if you have any insights to post!
God Bless
Deva

mirta

Hi Deva,
"Venus through transit reflects the ongoing evolution of our inner relationship with ourselves, and our outer relationships. The awareness of new and changing needs occurs through Venus transits.
We. . . become aware of deeper aspects of ourselves that now need to be nourished, or nurtured, so to speak."
This was very meaningful for me to read.

It's new for me this approach to Venus transits, so undervaluated in psychological astrology (feminine is undervaluated in astrology).
Indeed I experienced this awareness of new and changing needs not long ago. Being more present with a couple of beloved friends (almost siblings to me), I felt an inner detachment,a distance from them though feeling the same love and keeping the outer relationship the same.
They helped me very much in the past and I always feel a deep sense of debt and a need to give and help them (Natal Venus in Libra in 12th house conjunct Sun Neptune in 11th?).
And now feeling that their development occurred in a different orientation from mine, that their problems were consequence of their choices and  that other "deeper aspects of myself now need to be nourished" , their place in my life has changed, without guilt, albeit with the same love and even willingness to help.
I had correlated this inner change to other transits (Pluto, Saturn), and it may  be so, but now I see the awareness that Venus was facilitating me. At that moment Venus was square my Uranus conjunct Moon, and a few days later made an opposition to my Sun conjunct Neptune in 11th.
Glad to discover this inner facet and transits of Venus, ruler of my NN and final dispositor in my chart.
I have a question: what are the orbs used in EA for transits?
Thanks Deva
God Bless