Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Two Gnostic Asteriods worth considering  (Read 1103 times)
Sunyata

« on: Apr 18, 2011, 12:38 PM »

One of the Gnostic Gospels called The Sophia of Jesus Christ (Sophia is Greek for Wisdom), is a very interesting dialogue between Jesus, the 12 disciples and 7 women (Including Mary Magdalene, Mary and Martha) who followed him after the resurrection and questioned him on the nature of the universe.

There are some amazing things in this gospel including a description of the creator,

""And he has a semblance of his own - not like what you have seen and received, but a strange semblance that surpasses all things and is better than the universe. It looks to every side and sees itself from itself. Since it is infinite, he is ever incomprehensible. He is imperishable and has no likeness (to anything). He is unchanging good. He is faultless. He is eternal. He is blessed. While he is not known, he ever knows himself. He is immeasurable. He is untraceable. He is perfect, having no defect. He is imperishability blessed. He is called 'Father of the Universe'". "

That when Jesus returned to speak to the disciples after the resurrection "the Savior appeared - not in his previous form, but in the invisible spirit."

It describes the first man as

"when he decided to have his likeness become a great power, immediately the principle (or beginning) of that Light appeared as Immortal Androgynous Man, "

And the first man had a consort, referred to as the Mother of the Universe,

"I want you to know that First Man is called 'Begetter, Self-perfected Mind'. He reflected with Great Sophia, his consort, and revealed his first-begotten, androgynous son. His male name is designated 'First Begetter, Son of God', his female name, 'First Begettress Sophia, Mother of the Universe'. Some call her 'Love'."

This Mother of the Universe is then an aspect of the creator and referred to as 'Pistis' The perfect Savior said: "Son of Man consented with Sophia, his consort, and revealed a great androgynous light. His male name is designated 'Savior, Begetter of All Things'. His female name is designated 'All-Begettress Sophia'. Some call her 'Pistis'. Another reference says " The Goddess makes an appearance in the guise of Sophia, a fallen angel."

In Greek mythology, Pistis (Πίστις) was the personification of good faith, trust and reliability. There is no asteroid named Pistis but there is a Roman equivalent named Fides which is an asteroid. Fides was significant in Roman culture and had an annual festival dedicated to her, temples dedicated to her, and even appeared on the back of a Roman coin. So very much a part of the daily roman life.
Fides is asteroid #37 Sophia is #251

I am reading more about this via these two links if you want to see for yourself.

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/sjc.html

This one I am going to go through and is greater in volume than the one above but prefaces the work as

:The Pistis Sopha is a startling blend of primitive Christianity and Hellenic Paganism, with other elements such as reincarnation, Astrology, Mystery religion and Hermetic magic. The Goddess makes an appearance in the guise of Sophia, a fallen angel.

The text is notable because the female disciples of Jesus are treated as active participants in the discourse, in a way that would be unimaginable in later Christianity. Tensions between the men and women disciples are not glossed over.

It is here at this link http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/ps/index.htm

In the Unknown Life of Jesus Christ by Nicolas Notovitch, which is a text discovered in a Buddhist Temple in TIBET, there is a profound passage in regards to women which relates to the above texts:

"Upon this , an old women who had approached the group, to better hear Issa, was pushed aside by one of the disguised men (this was a spy sent by the governor of Jeruselem), who placed himself before her.

Then said Issa: It is not good for a son to push away his mother that he may occupy the place which belongs to her, whoso doth not respect his mother - the most sacred being after his God - is unworthy of the name of the Son.

Hearken to what I say to you, respect women, for in her we see the Mother of the Universe, and all truth of divine creation is come through her.

She is the fount of everything good and beautiful as she is the germ of life and death. Upon her man depends in all his existence for she is his moral and natural support in his labors.

In pain and suffering she brings you forth, in the sweat of her brow she watches over your growth, and until her death you cause her greatest anxieties. Bless her and adore her for she is your only friend and support on Earth.

Respect her and defend her. In doing so you will gain for yourself her love, you will find favour before God, and for her sake many sins will be remitted to you.

Love your wives and respect them, for they will be the mothers of tomorrow and later the grandmothers of a whole nation. Be submissive to the wife, her love enables man, softens his hardened heart, tames the wild beast in him and changes it to a lamb.

Wife and mother are the priceless treasures which God has given to you. They are the most beautiful ornaments of the universe, and from them will be born all who will inhabit the world.

Even as the Lord of Hosts separated the light from the darkness, and the dry land from the waters, so does women possess the divine gift of calling forth out of man's evil nature all the good that is in him.

Therefore I say unto you, after God, to women must belong your best thoughts, for she is the divine temple where you will most easily obtain perfect happiness.

Draw from this temple your moral force. There you will forget your sorrows and your failures, and recover the love necessary to aid your fellow man.

Suffer her not to be humiliated, for by humiliating her you humiliate yourselves, and lose the sentiment of love, without which nothing can exist here on Earth.

Protect your wife, that she may protect you- you and all your household. All that you do for your mothers, your wives, for a widow, for any other women in distress you will do for God."

Remember there were many texts that were not included in the Bible at the Council of Nicaea which formed what became the teachings of Jesus based on only 4 gospels. (Nicaea is today called Isnik/Bursa and is located in Turkey) There were dozens if not more that were not included. How different would the world be today if this Jesus was the one we all knew? If the true Jesus was actually known today.

The asteroids of Sophia (251) and Fides (37) should be looked at as possibly a sacred connection to the real Jesus.
« Last Edit: Apr 18, 2011, 12:52 PM by Sunyata » Logged
adina

« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 04:46 PM »

Sunyata, thanks so much for bringing us this information! I was familiar with the goddess/asteroid Sophia but not the goddess/asteroid Fides.

The explanation and description of the "Mother of the Universe" reminds me of the description of Prakriti in the Hindu Gita, and Yogananda's teachings on the Divine Mother.  Smiley

Great stuff. It's been awhile since I visited the Nag Hammadi Library online, but now I will have to revisit it!
Sunyata

« Reply #2 on: Apr 18, 2011, 09:02 PM »

Yes, my pleasure. I have a strong pull to gnosticism and have much to learn still.

Here is Reincarnation in the text:

"Moreover in place of the soul of the ruler which he was appointed to receive, I found the soul of the prophet Elias in the æons of the sphere; and I took him thence, and took hi soul and brought it to the Virgin of Light, and she gave it over to her receivers; they brought it to the sphere of the rulers and cast it into the womb of Elizabeth. So the power of the little Iaō, who is in the Midst, and the soul of the prophet Elias, they were bound into the body of John the Baptizer. For this cause then were ye in doubt aforetime, I when I said unto you: 'John said: I am not the Christ,' and ye said unto me: 'It standeth written in the scripture: When the Christ shall come, Elias cometh before him and maketh ready his way.' But when ye said this unto me, I said unto you: 'Elias verily is come and hath made ready all things, as it standeth written, and they have done unto him as they would.' And when I knew that ye had not understood that I had discoursed with you concerning the soul of Elias which is bound into John the Baptizer, I answered you in the discourse in openness face to face: 'If ye like to accept John the Baptizer: he is Elias, of whom I have said that he will come.'"

Imagine if that was in the current Bible. 
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2011, 08:53 AM »

Hi Sunyata,

Thanks for posting all of this.

God Bless, Rad
Sunyata

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2011, 04:14 PM »

You're welcome.
Sunyata

« Reply #5 on: Aug 25, 2011, 01:16 AM »

Hi all. Just wanted to throw this out there for those who are interested in gnosis. A friend introduced me to a book called "Not in HIS image" by John Lamb Lash. He has put together an entire historical context of patriarchal religions including the origins of modern Christianity, the following persecution of the pagans, the Gnostics, etc and the vision of the gnostics, the idea of Sophia as a fallen goddess actually becoming the living Earth, the relationship to the sun and moon.... the teachings of the mystery schools.... so much of what I am reading is paralleling some EA stuff. It's really beyond reading a gnostic text or scripture. Alot about the salvationist religions....the living goddess Sophia, the gnostics mystery schools which taught communion with her....  he talks about the organic light...
Just finished a chapter, page 332... last sentence is....

"Gnosis is a psychosomatic illumination, the full-body rush of cognitive ecstasy and direct sensorial reception of the vital intelligence of the Earth."

Just throwing it out there. Take Care.

On Edit.... im going to email him and see if he'll share his birth data.
Sunyata

« Reply #6 on: Aug 29, 2011, 11:06 PM »

He said no. He doesn't want any astrologers looking at his chart...not to take it personally....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: