School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Taurus Archetype

Started by Lucius, Apr 20, 2011, 12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucius

In honor of the movement of the Sun we have a new archetype to delve into! I'll be our host for the Taurus thread.  I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here! 

Here are some thoughts on the very basic ideas of Taurus I've been musing over to get us started.  In later posts, I thought we could touch upon Venus retrograde, the nodes in Taurus & perhaps a chart (I'm toying with Rajneesh - so be forewarned!)

Taurus - earth, fixed, correlates 2nd house, ruled by Venus, yin.

Taurus and Libra are both ruled by Venus - the inner relationship, our self worth, values and meaning in life are considered to be the Taurus side of the Venus function.  If I'm not mistaken feelings, not emotions (that would be moon), are also part of the Taurus/Venus associations.

I generally feel that the earth signs frequently in astrology & perhaps in spiritual pursuits get either little attention or the negative attributes are emphasized.   I think that this is the general state after millennia of dualistic patriarchal nonsense - the projections onto to the earth, the body, the feminine has to do with a dismissive attitude to these archetypes (EA is thankfully free of this attitude!).  How essential can our instinct to survive be?  I don't think it should be dismissed too lightly - but, again I think the degradation of the body & what we can be compelled to do to survive isn't always an easy subject but it is definitely spiritual.

One correlation with Taurus is our inner relationship, our relationship with ourselves.  Whatever this inner relationship is will be pervasive in our lives.  I think that much of the "˜visualization' movement ultimately is rooted in this archetype.  Much of us are fairly unconscious of how we view our own selves, our basic feeling of self-worth, values, meaning - this then creates lives that are lived unconsciously via projections, perceived needs, desires and situations wherein we don't see that we've created this from the inside out - unfulfilling jobs, abusive relationships, peoples reactions & projections, etc. 

If I have subconscious assumptions that I don't deserve to be treated equally in relationships, to be treated with respect & love, or that I don't even deserve to be able to meet my own needs (survive) in a manner that reflects who I am- what does that say about my inner relationship? I think many people are operating under the duress of a negative relationship with themselves.  In this type of extrovert society there is practically zero emphasis on the inner relationship.  Even most of the "˜creative visualization' has as it's focus the "˜presto' magic of getting something you want versus seeing the underlying values and needs you either have or perceive to need as why you find yourself in the reality you do. The focus is frequently entirely outside - but, we all have that inner relationship - it doesn't go away simply because it's not focused upon - unfortunately, it is merely projected unconsciously.  The universe has a way of throwing you back within yourself if the balance of inner/outer becomes too distorted. I think that the nature of our outer relationships can reflect this - help us to recognize unconscious assumptions about ourselves.  This is profoundly how the outer reflects the inner.

The balance can be distorted either way - introversion at the expense of relationship, transformation, participation and being cognizant of other's reality and needs is the "˜frog in the well' dynamic.  A person wants to stay in their safe place where there is no need for others, for compromise - one could be rather vicious in maintaining their survival however they can versus barely surviving with the minimal simply to not have to be bothered with the threatening outside world.

Using the fixed cross one can see how most people are operating with a huge disconnect between their inner relationship, values (Taurus)with personal sense of love, acceptance and creativity (Leo) - how we look to transform ourselves via relationships, intimacies (Scorpio), and the larger social context, ability to be objective - and the nature of projections (Aquarius) - how much projections are a part of how we value ourselves and what we think we need to survive or what we lack and how we'll go about obtaining it.

The nature of desires itself is partially rooted in this archetype (also Scorpio) - what we perceive we don't have we want - this can be true of material or non-material desires.  I think this is interesting in the context of the opposition to Scorpio and the sextile to Cancer and Pisces - our inner value and meaning, and perceived strengths and weakness and it's connection to our ego, self-image and the ego structure we create to obtain our desires, the transformation we undergo within our soul structure and the possible illusions/delusions we encounter that if seen properly helps connect us to a greater reality. 

I'm also wondering if trauma (Aquarius) within the body, subconscious memories in the body would correlate with a Taurus/Aquarius situation?

We can look at the grand trine of earth signs to see a positive interaction with the earth signs - healthy relationship, values and an expression of meaning being  (Taurus) expressed within society with integrity (Capricorn) and proper service to the whole, discrimination (Virgo).  On the other hand the negative - "˜frog in the well',coupled with a "˜ends justify the means' survival methods and closed, rigid mindset, and inner void, existential crisis. (Taurus, Capricorn, Virgo respectively).

I think it's very important for people to use the 2nd house, Venus and Taurus in their chart to identify what these subconscious assumptions about themselves are - to become conscious of why they may be creating, projecting, experiencing the type of reality they are to heal themselves and create a reality that's reflective of their true natures.

Upasika

Hi Lucius,

I thought this was a very good intro to the Taurus archetype. I will follow the thread as I can although I'm behind on several other threads I want to participate in too at the moment, and have lots of other things on my plate as well so may not get to this one a lot. But I appreciate that you are keeping the series going.

blessings Upasika

Linda

Thanks Lucius for your great introduction to this Taurus discussion thread.

I've been away and so haven't been able to offer my support.

I'm back for a short time, and I'd love to explore the chart of Rajneesh with you and everyone, if you'd still like to post it. 

We've just had holidays, so I'm hoping we can now explore this archetype together by sharing our different perspectives.

:D

Rad

Hi Linda,

Welcome back.

God Bless, Rad

Linda

Thanks Rad, I'm glad to be back.  Sorry I couldn't participate in the Synastry thread;  I will try and catch up later.

Linda

Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh

Biography from Astro-Databank

Indian guru and author of more than a hundred book which are sold through his organization. Rajneesh was not only was intimately familiar with the world's great religions and philosophies, but the modern psychologies

of Jung, Freud, Maslow, and the rest of the West's best thinkers in modern psychology and psychiatry. His followers felt that the depth of his intellectual sophistication was only matched by the profundity of his wisdom and the spiritual impact of his spellbinding lectures. His philosophy was eclectic, though much of it is was similar to that of Krishnamurti, who was acknowledged by Rajneesh as the only other enlightened man alive (beyond himself).

In 1981, the guru founded a commune near Antelope, Oregon of 1,700 disciples, a sprawling religious community of a hundred square miles. He had continual problems with the local government over land development along with bad press and controversy over his string of pricey Rolls Royce automobiles and fat bankroll.

Called the "sex-guru" because of his popular talks about tantric sex, Rajneesh's ashram became known as one big love fest during celebrations. With AIDS on the horizon, he was careful to warn his followers about the lethal spread of the disease and their practice of the Tantra rituals was accompanied by a genuine fear over unclean sex. The tumultuous commune became a real-life soap opera of hedonism and murder plots, with reports that Rajneesh advocated free love for himself and his disciples, a voyeur and participant.

His most prominent feature was his large, watery eyes, due to thyroid problems. He was actually very ill when he arrived in Oregon, a location that was recommended as beneficial to his health. The ashram was an attempt to build a self-sufficient commune based on ecological and organic farming principles, turning the desert into a garden, which they achieved in part. The devotees who joined the ashram came from all walks of life, devoting their money and labor to create a utopia.

The task of running the commune fell to Ma Anand Sheela who was also the financial backer for the Rajneeshpuram venture. Ma Anand Sheela and her appointed staff took full charge of the daily running of the commune. Internal strife between Rajneesh and Ma Anand Sheela

added to the mix, as he claimed that she was trying to establish the Rajneeshees as a religion, and that her quest for personal power led to her paranoia, which eventually spread throughout the commune. He spoke often of how organized religion is an obstacle to enlightenment and he blamed Ma for her ambition of wanting to be the first Popess. The assets of the organization were all in her name.

Difficulties accumulated with not only the local citizens but with the National Immigration Service and Revenue Service and Rajneesh was arrested as he fled his strife-torn utopia on 10/28/1985 to the tune on 35 counts of conspiracy and fraud, indicted by a Grand Jury in Oregon.

On his return to India, he changed his name to Osho to signal a change in his consciousness. Less than five years later he died of heart failure at his Ashram in Poona, India, 1/19/1990.

Quote from: Steve on Jun 22, 2009, 06:59 PMRajneesh has always been on the list of examples of 2nd Stage Spiritual  [.............]  The Pluto course transcript says, on how to recognize such people "there is a fundamental discrepancy between how they are conducting their personal life and the nature of their teachings".  [.............]  at times these people are indeed able to tap a place of deep spiritual truth/wisdom that few among us can experience, but its inconsistently applied.  There are always exceptions to the rules, and because of their pumped up self-declared state of evolution, they are exempt from the normal rules.  The 2nd stage spiritual section of Pluto Vol 2 says  "truly God-realized Souls only point the way home, not to themselves".  When you combine the Leonian tendency in 2nd stage spiritual to feel one's own special brilliance with that statement, it makes it easier to identify those in 2nd stage spiritual.  They also feel an inner destiny/need to teach, so there are plenty of them around.  And because so many people feel desperate and lost, there is no shortage of students.  [.............] we live in a time of near-total patriarchy, so there aren't many around exhibiting the undistorted state of 2nd stage spiritual.  And people who do live from natural principles, regardless of evolutionary stage, tend to be very wounded from all they have been through in retaining their inner integrity.

Will send my examination of the chart soon.  

(Others please feel free to offer your analysis of the chart in terms of the Taurus archetype.)

Linda

Rajneesh in terms of the 2nd house/Taurus archetype

Pluto in Cancer in the 2nd house correlates to the biological instinct for survival/procreation and therefore to what he valued in order to survive (building a secure nurturing spiritual community), his sexual values (tantra, sex fests), what gave his life meaning (spiritual teacher), and how his beliefs, philosophies and powerful intellectual sophistication (8th) were based on his values.  His essential needs were emotional and physical sustenance.  He had thyroid problems correlating to 17 deg Taurus conjunct his Chiron in Taurus in the 12th, perhaps a condition brought on by past-life resistance.  His prior Soul intention was to learn emotional and physical self-reliance.

Ruler of the 2nd house, Moon in the 8th:
His sense of self-worth correlated to a sense of personal power through being a spiritual teacher, intellectually sophisticated, wisdom, and mesmerizing magnetic spiritual impact upon others.  His emotional dynamics and personality structure served his survival instinct, what he valued, what served his physical and emotional needs.  With Moon Cap 8th ruling the 2nd, he valued his intimate relations with (or power over) others as a path to survival, self-worth, metamorphosis and re-identification of self-image.

South Node Libra 4th, Ruler Venus Cap 8th:   Involvement in a variety of relationships, in order to compare and redefine his self-image (4th) as separate from others.  His followers became dependent upon him (4th) as a father-figure/teacher (Cap) with the power to heal (8th) psychological/spiritual problems.

Pluto polarity 21 deg Cap 8th (exactly conjunct Saturn) supported by NN Aries 10th facilitated by Mars Cap 7th.  The current Soul purpose for this life had been to gain an (unconscious) sense of security by merging with others (polarity 8th), to penetrate, not only sexually, but psychologically to the depths of his own and others motivations, intentions, compulsions, obsessions, etc.  Saturn conjunct the PPP and the emphasized Capricorn archetype brought an awareness of mortality, and a limited amount of time to fulfill his purpose.   

Sign on the 2nd house:  Cancer, representing the ego.   Perhaps he identified himself, distinct from all others, as the resource that he most valued.  His path to survival involved the re-identification of his self-image, or how he saw himself from within himself.  The ego identifying itself as a separate being (Moon t-square Uranus Aries 11th and Pluto Cancer 2nd) paints a picture of his will over the group (11th) that he lead (Aries, Mars Cap 7th), or unconsciously projecting his Pluto soul desire to build a self-sufficient community.  Mars Cap 7th speaks of "extremes" where he was able to play back the reality of others to themselves, making for co-dependent relationship dynamics, resulting in extremes of devotion from devotees. 

Mars skipped steps, squares the Nodes, resolution node SN Libra 4th:   Mars does not aspect Pluto, but falls in the gibbous phase moving toward the full phase.   It was necessary that he learn humility in order to limit dominant expression of his original purpose.  If he saw himself as the source of spiritual inspiration, then his self-image/ego would have needed re-identification or humiliation in order to deflate the balloon (2nd stage spiritual).  It is easy to see how the Mars skipped steps played out through violence, arrest, conspiracy and fraud, and how a situation from past-lives (Libra 4th) needed to be replayed in order to recover the skipped steps.  Balance and equality were the lessons, and of course building upon his own emotional self-security in the area of emotional relationships.

Location and aspects of the 2nd house ruler:
   Moon in Capricorn in the 8th house conjunct Mercury accounts for having written more than a hundred books, and how he osmosed powerful spiritual symbols/knowledge into himself.  With Moon conjunct Mercury AND Venus, this powerful knowledge attracted others to him and made him a power speaker;  and conjunct Saturn made him into an authority, father-figure, spiritual teacher.  Pluto exactly opposes Saturn bringing sudden intense accelerated evolutionary change in learning the correct constructs of society. 

THE MOON, ruler of the 2nd house:   "¦"¦squares Uranus describing how his self-image was subject to unpredictable change and liberation;  "¦"¦trines Neptune Virgo 4th, the paradoxical spiritual/emotional connection with women;   "¦"¦opposes Pluto, difficulties with women;  trines Chiron, a need to surrender his self-deluded self-image to bring about healing and surrender to a Higher Power;  "¦"¦and squares Lilith, correlating to the distorted hysterical women in his life (Sheela).

Venus and its aspects:   Venus in Capricorn in the 8th house, since it conjuncts the Moon, has the same aspects as the Moon, and describes his relationship dynamics:  Venus conjuncts Saturn;  squares Uranus;  trines Neptune;  opposes Pluto;  trines Chiron;  and squares Lilith (see above).

Taurus house:   Taurus is in the 11th and 12th houses, with the Taurus side of Venus ruling the 12th.  This means that perhaps material and spiritual treasures came easily to him, that he was able to exude a universal kind of love to others, and his own relationship to the Divine would have ultimately given his life meaning, purpose and healing.

Anyone like to add anything?

Lucius

Linda - thanks for posting Rajneesh chart.  Sorry, I've been absent:  very busy + stress=sick  :(
Feeling better & I'll gather some thoughts here soon.

Hope you are doing well & it's good to have you back on the board, even if briefly (for now!).  :)

Linda

Hi there Lucius,

Sorry to hear you haven't been well - and thanks for being here!

A synchronicity is taking place with the Synastry thread - check out Rad's latest post re the chart of John Lennon.  We can draw on this material in our understanding of Rajneesh's chart which contains a strong Venus archetype:  both 2nd and 7th houses.  Osho drew to himself what he needed in terms of his Mars Cap 7th (skipped steps, moving into full phase opposition to Pluto), SN Libra (re-live), and the Pluto opposition to Saturn/Moon/Venus 8th (accelerated evolution).

Quote from: Rad on May 09, 2011, 11:59 AMRelative to the Soul's own inner relationship to itself we have learned that this correlates to the Soul's own inner vibration and/or magnetism that serves to attract to the Soul the types of people that it needs in it's life that correlate to what the Soul needs from other people, needs that it feels that it can not meet on it's own. Thus projecting such needs onto others relative to the 7th House.........

https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,459.msg7659.html#msg7659

Quote from: Rad on Jun 26, 2009, 12:19 PMRajneesh aka "Osho", is the very embodiment of the worst of the 2nd stage Spiritual.......

I'd like to keep working on this chart, and add more as we move along.  Looking forward to reading your analysis Lucius, and hope you'll be feeling much better soon!

Rad

Hi Lucius and Linda,

I thought I would add a couple of comments about this guy that not to many are aware of as it relates the the 'sham' that he actually was. One is connected to his supposed orientation to 'tantra': his Pluto in the 2nd in opposition to his Moon, Venus, and Saturn in his 8th, and of course the t-square from these to his Uranus in Aries in his 11th.

First one of his favorite sexual activities was to have his female 'sanyasins' stand in front of him and masturbate themselves. Masturbation is a 2nd House, Taurus, inner side of Venus archetype. These archetypes, sexually, also correlate to 'voyeurism'. So there he was watching these women masturbate for him.

Another thing he did once the community was established in Oregon was that he gave the 'right' to all males there to be able to have sex with any female of their choosing. Yet another thing when he was still back in India, not when he was forced to return there in disgrace, was that he 'sold' tantra to those that came to his 'ashram': tantra 'workshops' in which random people were but together in order to do 'tantra'.

JWG said he saw a documentary film of the original Ashram of Rajeeshe's that was made by a devotee who became disillusioned with Rajeesh. In fact it was called Ashram. And within this film there was this scene in which one of the women in this kind of tantra workshop was put together with one of the most gross man one could imagine. So as the guy making this documentary is filming this scene she is screaming and kicking as this gross man tried to enforce himself upon her doing 'tantra'. It was quite an incredible scene as the guy filming was going back and forth between the scene of this 'rape' parading as tantra and a picture on the wall of Rajneesh. Needless to say it put it all in perspective. This film was actually released to the public against all efforts by Rajneesh and his people to suppress it.

And, lastly, one of his 'bodyguards' who had been with him from India to the community in Oregon, who himself became disillusioned about the sham Rajneesh, wrote a book in which he spilled the beans about the actual reality and truth of Rajneesh. And one of the scenes he reported, among many shocking scenes, was a scene in which Rajneesh was in dentist type chair, because of his back back, being administered some sort of drug for the pain, a drug that was like a 'truth serum', and out of the mouth of Rajneesh comes the following words: "Thank god I don't have to pretend to be 'enlightened' anymore. Looking at his chart objectively one can see all of these things.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hello everyone!

I am sitting here in a room where I was scheduled to give a lecture but no one has shown up, so I finally have some time to catch up on this board! I've been traveling and teaching for a couple weeks now which has been a truly evolutionary journey for me on many fronts. I feel I have been facing my core evolutionary dynamics for this life. This is reflected in all the Aries and Taurus transiting planets moving through my 8th house opposing my second house Venus and Pluto.

I want to share a few things I've been internalizing that relate to the Taurus archetype.

I was blessed during this past week to attend a 3 day ayahuasca ceremony during my visit to a certain city. The first 2 nights I was purging many negative emotions and felt a great need to be alone, to retreat from other people in order to settle into my own experience. At the core of this was a deeply karmic pattern of identifying "others" as a threat to me feeling secure and safe; thus the constant need to hermit myself from outside interaction.

The final night I made a special commitment, and knowing my own chart helped me with this immensely. I committed to stay seated in my spot no matter what happened. And more than that I committed to sit straight and FEEL everything that arose in me.

What I was shown was how I, as a soul, am deeply attached to being alive; to this body. I observed that I am identified with "my space" or "my time" or "my experience" to the point that I often find it necessary to be physically separate and alone from others in order to inhabit that which I see as being "mine". The biggest one of all is "my body". I was lucidly aware of the energy field of the person sitting very close to me. Instead of actually moving, even just a couple feet, I remained exactly where I was and observed the sensation (Taurus) itself.

Taurus when tuned in spiritually represents the capacity to be deeply connected to ones internal experience without the need to hold on to anything in order to preserve some sort of security. Taurus represents the capacity to identify what the soul needs as the basis for it's survival. However what I was discovering is that from the point of view of the absolute, the soul doesn't need anything at all. Only God sustains in an ultimate sense, everything ephemeral does not provide absolute security.

From the point of view of Pluto in the second house, the soul, by evolutionary necessity, is challenged to identify with a deeper source of sustenance that does not change.

At some point I asked, "What if I don't eat, what if I don't breath? What if I stop trying to preserve myself and become COMPLETELY receptive to God?" I noticed that any willful action was in a sense maintaining my separation. I directly realized that breathing was keeping my consciousness in a perpetual state of grasping and separation. As Jeff Green and Rad have often pointed out, duality itself can be correlated to the inhale and exhale of the breath; cause and effect. The desires of the soul that keep it in the wheel of cause and effect are reflected in the constant flow of inhalation and exhalation.

So effortlessly, I just chose to stop breathing. This lasted for no more than a minute or so. During that time various layers of perception began to unfold until the thought arose "what if I die? My parents would be so sad. I should breath now!" This thought came up even though the body clearly didn't need to breath, as it seems that it was being sustained by love and light.

It was the identification with "mine" and nothing more than that, that drew me back into this physical world. I realized that it is that very identification that keeps me coming back time and time again.

I once heard a very wise truth: "Do little, more happens. Do nothing, everything happens." One thing that this experience has left with me is the question "well what do I need?" I feel the tension between the dual desires of the soul more strongly now.

This is reshaping my relationship to money and all kinds of possessions. Resources are naturally meant to easily flow in and out of my life. My lesson is to not constrict that flow out of fear.
All the money that I have is for me to let go of.

For example, last night I bought some nice clothing for the first time in my life. Why? because I had the money to do so and wearing a new shirt would support the sanctification of my spiritual self through the beautification of the physical. It felt so empowering and evolutionary to buy that shirt!

One of the shadows the of Taurus archetype is a fear of letting go (Scorpio polarity). When the soul is holding on to what is not necessary for it's evolution, then it will be difficult to receive. How can it receive new resources when it is holding on to old and useless ones? It's values are fixated on the past, and thus receiving can easily bring up shame, a lack of self esteem, and feelings of unworthiness.

What I need is reflected in what I already have. And what I have is exactly what I'm meant to let go of. Nothing less nothing more. Like a tree.

Trust is another concept that relates to the Taurus archetype. Trust from a consensus point of view may be linked to trusting one's capacity to make ends meet within the realm of consensus values and possibilities. From an individuated point of view it points to a profound capacity to think outside of the box and trust one's innate capacity to provide for oneself. From a spiritual point of view it points to a trust in God that what one has is exactly what one needs; that God is all that one needs.

I will share one more story that I feel beautifully reflects the above principal of trust. When I decided to travel a town in north carolina from NJ I reflected on my financial reality.

First of all, I didn't know if I'd even make any profit from this journey (I set up a 3 part lecture series on ea and had no clue if anyone would even show up). And second, I didn't know how I'd get there and how much that would cost.

I reflected on it and found no GOOD reason why I should not travel based on financial lack. I had an amount in my account which would be enough to get there and pay for the lecture space. I knew I had a place to stay and knew that I would not starve one way or another. So I decided I would put the money into this trip and trust that I innately have what I need in every moment. I surrendered to God and accepted that I'm doing the spiritual work that I am here to do. It is not for me to not travel out of fear of not having enough.

I was prepared to rent a car and hopefully pick up some folks who could share the ride. Last minute I get a call from a man who saw a post of mine on craigs list. He is a trucker who offered me a FREE ride to just 1 hour from my destination. We spent a full day together traveling. He just loves giving rides for free. I was blessed with this truly kind soul.

I get dropped off in a town about 2 hours from my destination, and the time is approximately 5 hours before my first scheduled lecture. I'm sticking out my thumb on the highway for over 2 hours and no one is picking me up. I think to myself "What can I do such that I will definitely make it to my lecture on time?" The answer I found was to call a cab from the local city. So I called a friend who found a taxi number and I called the taxi. The expensive taxi cost me all but 10 dollars of what I own! After that taxi cab I did not even have enough money to rent out the lecture room.

Nevertheless, I got to the town 30 minutes before my lecture. I made no money because I that first lecture was a free intro lecture. The woman who rented out the space to me approached me before I had the chance to talk to her about my current lack of funds and said that she appreciates what I'm teaching so much that she doesn't want to charge me anything for my classes.

I ended up getting a bunch of readings from the people who were at the lecture and it continues to spread by word of mouth. So income is now coming in large amounts and I'm experiencing the exact opposite of what I experienced during my travels. It may go as quickly as it came! I'm learning to be empty; to surrender all of what I have to God.

So I'll stop here. I'll say that I'm very much still internalizing this experience and as these transits are still very active in my chart.

I've been thinking about this forum a lot during my travels - how much this place has significantly shaped my own understanding of the truth and supports my own soul evolution. Now I am actually sharing this work with others. I really owe it to every single person here for where I find myself today, and hope to meet some of you in person soon!

God bless,
Ari Moshe

Lucius

I may be able to string a few sentences that contain thoughts - a little! 

Linda - I noticed that, too - with the Taurus emphasis being explored in the 'synastry' thread!  I understand that Venus Retrograde (which I'd been hoping to address, we'll see  :( ) is correlated strongly with the vibrational aspect of Taurus.  I wonder how hearing correlates with Venus retro?  I 'have' Venus retro & had vertigo issues recently correlating with the inner ear - and have 'heard' things throughout my life.  I would think there would be an issue with hearing/listening physically & psychologically with Venus retro.

Thanks Rad for your information about Rajneesh - I'm interested in the extent to which you use the word 'sham' - I suppose you mean the inflation within his spiritual state?  Not that he may have been aligned with evil?  (sorry if this seems out of 'left field')  I am desiring to understand this state better - there is actual awareness but their is identification with the great Spirit itself - ?  Which brings about humility and downfall.  It would seem a person like Rajneesh would be somewhat unique - his inflation created much evil for those who associated with him.  I would think for most in this state that would not be the case  - their 'downfall' would not necessarily bring so many with them.  That's why I'm wondering who he really serves.

I am also wondering with regard to Rajeneesh's life his evolutionary state - I accept that he is 2nd spiritual & can see that - but, for the purpose of understanding the 'why' of it.  Is it a 'dollars to donuts' issue that he is 2nd spiritual becasue of his life circumstance (the ashrams, guru status, etc. linked with inflated ego) or is there more I can understand?  Looking at his statments and life in a basic level his rebelliousness, interest in psychology and from what I understand lack of inner experience (I have not seen anything well-known where he talks about his own direct understanding/experiences) seems 2nd individuated or beginning third - NOT that I'm saying he was - just that I'd like to understand better how to evaluate the evolutionary states - to know what the difference is.

Ari - thank you so much for your stories and what you've shared.  Very beautiful!

Greed can take many forms (I'm not addressing anything you wrote Ari!, just thinking about how greed+taurus are frequently put together) - what is interesting is that the basic drive is security or survival.  The greed for security and what makes us feel secure runs the world (not money!).  All living beings live upon the earth and take from it's bounty - humans have taken more than their share and do not give much back.  I see this tied into the square to Leo - narcissism.  I've been looking at myself as clearly as I can & have seen the level of this within myself. 

But, it is also true we are 'just' animals - souls here to have a human experience, like a soul that is now an eagle is here to be an eagle.  There's a limit to an individual's responsibility.  The Source is love - and isn't nearly as judgmental as we can be with ourselves - it created this 'game', afterall! 

I've been feeling a 'hurry and wait' issues in all aspects of my life created frustration, tension & malaise - what's ironic is that if it would all just happen I think I'd have more time to focus on spiritual issues, nature, etc. - which is silly, my connection to spirit is constant - I don't need to make an appointment - and what if my whole life is 'nose to the grindstone' - I need to find god within that.  Having SN Taurus I frequently wonder 'what if I were faced with true hardship?' - I'd like to think I'd maintain dignity, integrity and kindness.  Which I'm not showing with very little hardship.  My point is I see all this as being very Taurus - as much of what you, Ari, shared.

I would recommend 'blueberry (renegade)' by Jan Kouenen and his documentary on Ayahuasca 'other worlds' - absolutely awesome depictions of the experience.  Other worlds is especially astounding!  I cannot find my copy or I'd lend it to you, Ari - it may be difficult to find (but I might be able to wrangle another copy!).

Rad

Hi Lucius,

"Thanks Rad for your information about Rajneesh - I'm interested in the extent to which you use the word 'sham' - I suppose you mean the inflation within his spiritual state?  Not that he may have been aligned with evil?  (sorry if this seems out of 'left field')  I am desiring to understand this state better - there is actual awareness but their is identification with the great Spirit itself - ?  Which brings about humility and downfall.  It would seem a person like Rajneesh would be somewhat unique - his inflation created much evil for those who associated with him.  I would think for most in this state that would not be the case  - their 'downfall' would not necessarily bring so many with them.  That's why I'm wondering who he really serves."

Yes, I used the word sham because of, and a reflection of, his Soul being in the 2nd stage spiritual. And, yes, he is one of the more extreme examples of this state. Most do not manifest to this degree of extremity as they move through it. No, I personally do not feel he was aligned with evil. And, yes, his Soul did have it's own degree of conscious expansion and awareness that occurred because of moving through the 1st Stage spiritual EA state. As he began to move into the 2nd Stage of that state he then began, so typical, to consider himself as the 'one' to teach others about the realizations he himself had. This is of course mirrored in the very way he taught, what is contained in the books that he wrote. And thus pointing to himself, and only himself, as the vehicle to know God. For example he dismissed Jesus as nothing more than a great salesman. He was 'serving' the self interests of his own Soul: Pluto in the 2nd. Those that associated with him in the form of his lieutenants, the planets in Capricorn in his 8th in opposition to his Pluto, the t-square to his Uranus in Aries, found a vehicle for themselves that allowed them to advance their own Soul 'agendas'. And, sadly, some of those were indeed being motivated by the influence of evil. It's only because of the nature of his own delusions of personal grandeur manifesting as it did that many others were brought down with him. This sad story is not the general or common story of a Soul moving through this 2nd stage spiritual.

I remember Wolf once talking of a life he had when he moved through this state, a very amusing story. A story in which he was feeling inside of himself so full of God that he then felt it to be his 'mission' to 'wake up' all the Souls he could. The example that brought great mirth to my own Soul that he used  to illustrate this 2nd Stage condition was one wherein he came into a town at sunrise and began yelling at the top of his lungs for all to 'wake up' to God. Of course the inhabitants of that town were not amused and, as  he was walking through this town, the various inhabitants began throwing things at him as he passed by. And, of course, many 'choice' words were hurled his way as he attempted to 'wake them up'. The morale here is that he was not being inwardly directed to do this at all: it was his own sense of Soul importance manifesting through the specific ego of that life that directed him to do this.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Ari,

Thanks for sharing your story. It is really a great story of personal realization. And the self honesty that you demonstrated in this story indeed makes God smile big time. And what has come your way because of that honesty speaks for itself.

God Bless, Rad

Bradley J

Hi All,

Thanks Lucius for leading this thread and for everyone's contributions.

I have been seeing a lot of folks acting from a survival perspective of late. 
Recently, Ramtha has encouraged 'his' students to stock up and be prepared. 
In general, seeing a lot of survival based decisions:  People deciding to be ready to survive if the "shit hits the fan" so to speak.
One day, when this type of conversations were coming up about folks buying up food, stocking up, and having a so much food on hand to survive for so long, someone said something interesting.
I don't have the exact quote, but it was basically along the lines of: "If things really got that bad, I sure wouldn't want to be the only person with all this food." 
It just got me thinking about someone hiding out, sitting on their stash, while folks are starving and chaos is all around. 
I can not, of course, speak to any one person's intentions for stocking up, but it really got me thinking about that intent.
Well, it turns out I have the chart of the person who spoke up about this.  Today, I was like, "I wonder what their 2nd house is? 
Turns out they have Aquarius on the cusp of the 2nd with a Pisces north node in 2nd.  The ruler of the second is Uranus which is conjunct the moon in cancer in the 6th.  I could really see how her core values around survival include a vision which would help all people.

One more thought: Lucius, your mentioning of venus being feelings and the moon emotions. I just get a kick out of the story JWG told on the dvd school to illustrate the point of this.  I believe it was someone has a venus libra and a scorpio moon.  Their parnter comes home and says that they were attracted to someone else today.  The initial feeling response(venus) is played out via libra archetype which relates to this exprience in an open way.  The first response is the feeling that, sure this happens and that is a natural thing to have happen, okay.  Then later, the emotional response sets in(scorrpio moon) and suddenly it is not okay at all.

Thanks y'all

Goddess Bless,

Bradley