Thank you, I’m posting the full chart below, some background, and the questions as best I can formulate them.
Historical: Gay male, only child, raised in suburban Minnesota, United States. Parents 1st stage consensus, Christian fundamentalists, very shut down and extremely oriented around deprivation/scarcity. Sensitive, empathic child. Did not feel loved or known/understood by parents or many others – preferred nature and “just being”.
Consciousness: Spiritual. Deeply committed to service and Spirit, most animating concerns for him are spiritual ones. At 18, had a spontaneous psychic opening – wide open, with no control of it (including no idea how to "turn it off"). As a result of this experience for which he was totally unprepared, launched into a search that included involvement in various New Thought centers, psychic training, and also developed prayer and meditation practice to which he has since been dedicated. At the same time all this was happening, he was also a student at a fundamentalist Christian university – the only education his parents would help with financially – where he was (quietly and less quietly) the “rebel” student who argued with professors, etc. Spontaneous kundalini awakening from 22-23; following which he made major changes in his life: left Minnesota (ultimately to arrive in Santa Fe), came out about his sexuality, began training at Barbara Brennan’s healing school. Interrupted Brennan program due to finances. Last year completed a master’s program in transpersonal consciousness-oriented counseling, but counseling per se is not a fit, really did it more because the particular school is highly experientially focused, personally demanding and involved a deeper dive into the emotional body which he realizes it has been his tendency (in this life and others) to attempt to bypass spiritually.
Current Situation: In a monogamous relationship past 3 years. Is now working in a semi-leadership capacity (hybrid of associate minister – no credentials – and administrative/coordinator) in a new thought spiritual community/church. Community initially appeared to be spiritually alive, but it has now become clear that it is very mental/heady, stuck/stagnant in many ways, fear-based, resistant or at least profoundly ambivalent to change, attached to the “light” and not wanting to really look at, deal with, the dark. Leadership (Board, others) interacts with him more in terms of administrative/secretarial aspects of his role, misses what he brings spiritually. However, he does occasionally do services including a weekly group healing service and “messages” in place of the minister which are very moving and well-received in community. Many in community tell him to start his own community. He is also the youngest member by far (next are in their mid-40s, group is mostly 50s-60s). Also has a very small private practice doing psychic readings, healings, and prayer – all of which are deeply satisfying to him, but not currently monetarily rewarding (which weighs on him). Central dilemma as Saturn returns is about leaving this community and determining correct direction – spiritual leadership, mediumship or other psychic work, healing, return to Brennan, others – and also individuating from family messages about security, safety, deprivation, huge money issues, no-pleasure-allowed, don’t-be-big.
Past-Life Memories: Has had spontaneous recalls of various experiences of spiritual leadership and healership. In most, the Soul was male and in several he abused spiritual authority and siddhis. Also has a couple of memories as strong female spiritual leader in some lifetimes. And strong sense – but not much in terms of specifics – about lifetimes spent trying to “make up” for his errors and overreaching.
Here is my best effort at formulating some clear questions about conditions in this chart:
1. Pluto is just coming out of a square to the nodes. You have explained that this, with the Saturn and Moon both square the nodes, shows that there were many many lifetimes dealing with this skipped step, which then led to more lifetimes carried forward through Saturn and Moon on these same themes and that now those are wrapping up, nearing culmination (Saturn/Moon balsamic conjunct Pluto). This is totally congruent with the past-life information he has, which as mentioned above really all circles around the same theme, and has the felt-sense of having been worked on for a long time. Questions:
a. When Pluto is just outside of orb of a square to the nodes, does this always suggest there was a skipped step that the Soul is just finishing, or does that only apply when there are other planets still square the nodes?
b. If Pluto were just outside of orb to a square with the nodes, but the square was actually forming rather than separating, would that be another means of foreseeing the potential development of a skipped step in the future, per Bradley’s thread?
c. Would the answers to “a” and “b” above also apply in the case of other planets who are just outside of orb to a square with the nodes?
2. The causative factor in a skipped step is described by the squaring planets. In this case, they are in Libr in the 6th house, as is Pluto itself. To me Pluto in the 6th in Libra shows a Soul that is preoccupied with and has been working on purification, atonement, trying to come into balancing from extremes that it has played out, trying to learn how to have equal relationships after having become too dominant – all of this seems to correlate with the information above as well. The problem seems to be that this need to be humbled sets up conditions of deprivation that make this Soul revert back to its old strategy of trying to be in control and also spiritually bypassing its emotional and physical bodies (SN Cap 9th), rather than doing what it needs to do which is to come into the emotional body and get in connection with the day-to-day world around it (NN Can 3rd). Is this a correct description of this skipped steps signature?
3. The nodal rulers are new phase conjunct. You have explained elsewhere in regards to the nodal rulers (in general, not only in a skipped step) that “if the conjunction is a New Phase one then it means that the Soul has just fulfilled those evolutionary requirements to complete those conditions defined by dynamics from the Soul's past, and is now in a life in which it, the Soul, will bring forwards elements of it's past, the House and Sign of the S.Node and the location of it's planetary ruler, which will be actualized or manifested in brand new or expanded ways. To the Soul this will feel new while at the same time feeling old: ' I have done this before, but in other ways.” Does this still apply in this chart where the conjunction of the rulers is itself the causative factor of the skipped step? So, the Soul intends to follow a similar life course as it has before but in a totally different way?
4. This then would suggest that his vocational considerations with spiritual service, healing work (6th house), transformation (Pluto), psychic work (Pallas) and so on, are all pretty much on track, and in fact are similar in form to his previous life experiences – but that this time they need to be coming from a place that is about seeking greater connection and nurturing, the emotional body (NN, resolution node, 3rd house Can) rather than being about being “in charge” or reinforcing a cosmology (SN 9th house Cap). In this light it seems that it would seem more useful for him to work not in the context of being a spiritual authority (Cap 9th), i.e. leadership in a spiritual community – which I do note thus far they tend not to be very good for him, and reactivate the skipped step – and rather to work on his own in a way that is more actively connecting with the world-at-large beyond any particular community (3rd house). Is this correct?
5. Putting these last two parts together, it seems like the Soul in this lifetime is initiating (Saturn/Moon New) a final round of lifetimes (both Balsamic to Pluto) through which it resolves this skipped step and evolution can proceed. Is this a correct way of describing this?
6. When looking at the causative factors of a skipped step, do we also bring in the house(s) ruled by the squaring planet? So for example, in this chart Saturn rules the 10th and Moon the 4th – it seems for instance that his parents – who were for sure a unified front (conjunction) – have very much played a role in influencing him to default back to his 9th house Capricorn SN (deprive myself, spiritually bypass, ivory tower, go without, work hard, be serious, etc.)
7. The resolution node ruler is itself square the nodes. How does this affect how one realizes the potential of the resolution node? There seems to be a real risk in that actions taken to resolve the skipped step could actually recapitulate it. For example, we could say that Moon in the 6th would suggest he should try to be of service or do healing work – but doing so could easily stimulate the masochistic guilt complex or feelings of inferiority again, which would tempt him to again try to control and bypass his way out of those emotions (SN Cap 9), rather than be in his emotional body and in the world (NN Can 3). Relationship too (Moon in Libra) could work like this – he could be in it in a way that is very healing for him, and helps him into his emotional body; but at the same time it could bring up feelings that he will want to check out from (SN Cap 9).
Thank you once more Rad for all the guidance and direction you give here.