School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Questions: skipped steps (orbs, starting point in a Grand Cross)

Started by seeking_truth, Jun 24, 2011, 06:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seeking_truth

Hello everyone,

I am new to this message board and am strongly interested in EA.  I find the information to be so valuable in answering the deeper questions about the soul's purpose.

Previously I had posted my chart with my own analysis, but later realized it was too personal for this forum's guidelines, so I preferred that it be removed.  Instead, perhaps I can ask my questions in a more concise, general manner that could benefit everyone in the forum.

I've read many of the posts on the skipped steps, but still have some questions:

1) What orb does EA allow for the Moon to be square the nodal axis?  Does the orb for a square depend on the actual planet or is the the same orb for any planet squaring the lunar nodes?

2) If the Moon's resolution node is the NN, yet its wide square is separating from the NN/applying to the SN, does this mean that the Soul is getting closer to resolving the Moon's skipped step?  Does it matter which node it is applying to or separating from?

3) If both Pluto and the Moon are opposing each other and squaring the nodal axis (effectively forming a Grand Cross), is it accurate to assume that Pluto's skipped step is more crucial to resolve, since Pluto is a stronger force and represents the eternal Soul as opposed to the ego (Moon)--which changes with each lifetime?  Is this especially true is Pluto's square is a much tighter orb?

4) In the above scenario, with the Soul and ego at odds with one another (Pluto opposed Moon) and both squaring the nodal axis, can one deduce that the Soul has had trouble evolving/wrapping up old business because the ego has gotten in the way in the previous lifetime(s) (i.e., coping in dysfunctional ways, hanging on to insecurities)?

5) If the answer to #4 is yes, can one assume that by refocusing the ego/Moon in a healthier way (expressing the more positive attributes of its sign and house, also incorporating any aspects it makes),
the Soul would find it easier to resolve the skipped step as shown by Pluto?  Is this especially true if the Moon is the ruler of Pluto's resolution node--and if the Moon is conjunct the PPP?

6) What happens when the planet (in this case, the Moon) that rules the squared planet's (in this case, Pluto's) resolution node is also square the nodal axis, having its own resolution node as the opposite node and the other nodal ruler?  In order to avoid the flip-flopping problems of the skipped steps, does EA prefer a certain order in dealing with certain skipped steps first?  This refers back to question #3: Essentially, should one work with Pluto's skipped step before any other skipped step?  (I can understand the following exception: that if a planet is conjunct Pluto, one can work on that planet's skipped step issues at the same time, since it will have the same resolution node and aspects, etc.)

In the above example, one must work with the South Node and the Moon to resolve Pluto's skipped step.  Yet to resolve the Moon's skipped step, one must work with the North Node and Saturn.  Should one work with the South Node and Moon FIRST to help resolve Pluto's skipped step as a separate issue--and then later work on the Moon's skipped step through the North Node and Saturn?  Or, referring back to questions #4 & #5: is it essential to resolve the Moon's skipped step first in order to channel the Moon's energies properly, thereby finding the proper function of the ego so that one can work on Pluto's skipped step more effectively?  This would mean working on the NN first; yet Pluto asks to work on the SN first.

7) Can one work with the Moon as Pluto's resolution without fixing the Moon's skipped step first?  Or are these two skipped steps inextricably tied up in the same ball of wax?  Would that necessitate working on both skipped steps at the same time, thereby forcing the Soul to work on both nodes at the same time?  If one must do this, are there cases in which both nodes need attention--yet one node needs more attention than the other?  For example, in this scenario, if the NN ruler is conjunct the SN, (no planets are conjunct the NN), doesn't that indicate the need for more emphasis on the SN & Moon first?

I hope I am making sense!  Please let me know if I should rephrase any questions.

I truly appreciate any feedback that anyone can provide.  I think I am just looking for the right starting point when there are contradictions like this in a chart.

Thank you!

Jen

Rad

Hi Jen,

1) What orb does EA allow for the Moon to be square the nodal axis?  Does the orb for a square depend on the actual planet or is the the same orb for any planet squaring the lunar nodes?

A maximum orb of 10 degrees for all planets.

2) If the Moon's resolution node is the NN, yet its wide square is separating from the NN/applying to the SN, does this mean that the Soul is getting closer to resolving the Moon's skipped step?

Yes

Does it matter which node it is applying to or separating from?

Yes, the node that it is applying too, the node that last formed a conjunction to it, is the node to be consistently developed as the baseline for the resolution of the skipped steps.

3) If both Pluto and the Moon are opposing each other and squaring the nodal axis (effectively forming a Grand Cross), is it accurate to assume that Pluto's skipped step is more crucial to resolve, since Pluto is a stronger force and represents the eternal Soul as opposed to the ego (Moon)--which changes with each lifetime?  Is this especially true is Pluto's square is a much tighter orb?

No, it is equal.

4) In the above scenario, with the Soul and ego at odds with one another (Pluto opposed Moon) and both squaring the nodal axis, can one deduce that the Soul has had trouble evolving/wrapping up old business because the ego has gotten in the way in the previous lifetime(s) (i.e., coping in dysfunctional ways, hanging on to insecurities)?

The ego is created by the Soul: it is not separate from it. The ego can not ever "˜get in the way' of the Soul because the Soul is the origin of the ego in the first place. If there are dysfunctional ways or issues, hanging on to insecurities, then these issues originate from within the Soul that is then reflected in the egocentric structures that it creates for itself.

5) If the answer to #4 is yes, can one assume that by refocusing the ego/Moon in a healthier way (expressing the more positive attributes of its sign and house, also incorporating any aspects it makes),
the Soul would find it easier to resolve the skipped step as shown by Pluto?  Is this especially true if the Moon is the ruler of Pluto's resolution node--and if the Moon is conjunct the PPP?

See the answer to number 4.

6) What happens when the planet (in this case, the Moon) that rules the squared planet's (in this case, Pluto's) resolution node is also square the nodal axis, having its own resolution node as the opposite node and the other nodal ruler?

You would need to clarify what you are asking here

In order to avoid the flip-flopping problems of the skipped steps, does EA prefer a certain order in dealing with certain skipped steps first?  This refers back to question #3: Essentially, should one work with Pluto's skipped step before any other skipped step?  (I can understand the following exception: that if a planet is conjunct Pluto, one can work on that planet's skipped step issues at the same time, since it will have the same resolution node and aspects, etc.)

All skipped step signatures are work upon equally.

In the above example, one must work with the South Node and the Moon to resolve Pluto's skipped step.  Yet to resolve the Moon's skipped step, one must work with the North Node and Saturn.  Should one work with the South Node and Moon FIRST to help resolve Pluto's skipped step as a separate issue--and then later work on the Moon's skipped step through the North Node and Saturn?  Or, referring back to questions #4 & #5: is it essential to resolve the Moon's skipped step first in order to channel the Moon's energies properly, thereby finding the proper function of the ego so that one can work on Pluto's skipped step more effectively?  This would mean working on the NN first; yet Pluto asks to work on the SN first.

Again, all skipped steps are worked upon equally: at the same time.

7) Can one work with the Moon as Pluto's resolution without fixing the Moon's skipped step first?  Or are these two skipped steps inextricably tied up in the same ball of wax?  Would that necessitate working on both skipped steps at the same time, thereby forcing the Soul to work on both nodes at the same time?  If one must do this, are there cases in which both nodes need attention--yet one node needs more attention than the other?  For example, in this scenario, if the NN ruler is conjunct the SN, (no planets are conjunct the NN), doesn't that indicate the need for more emphasis on the SN & Moon first?

All skipped step signatures are worked up equally. In the scenario wherein the N.Node ruler is conjunct the S.Node this correlates with the Soul's future evolution being dependent on resolving past life issues and dynamics that have been brought forwards into this life. This resolution occurs by way of the Soul making new choices relative to old dynamics and issues that have been brought forwards into the current life. The nature of those new choices is symbolized by the house and sign of the N.Node itself whereas the issues and dynamics of the past that are not resolved are symbolized by the house and sign of the S.Node, and the planetary ruler of that N.Node. If those new choices are then made in this way then there is a resolution of the S.Node in such a way that an evolution of the Soul is then affected by recreating those past life issues and dynamics and making those new choices to deal with them.

God Bless, Rad

seeking_truth

Thank you so much for answering my questions, Rad!  I truly appreciate it. : )

Just to clarify, I believe I understand correctly about how to identify the resolution nodes:

If I am standing on Pluto facing the center of the wheel and the SN is to the left, that is Pluto's resolution node.

If I am standing on the Moon facing the center and the NN is to the left, that is the Moon's resolution node.

At the time of birth, the Moon had moved about 7 degrees past an exact square to the NN, its resolution node (a square of 97 degrees), and 7 degrees closer to the SN (a square of about 83 degrees).  In that sense, both squares are beginning to separate.  (I think I misused the word "apply" in my first post.)

Hypothetically speaking, if the Moon had only moved 83 degrees past a conjunction to the NN (its resolution node) at the time of birth, not yet having reached an exact square, one would say that square was applying.  In that case, one would infer that the Moon's skipped step was actually intensifying, reaching a peak.

When you stated that the resolution node is actually the node that Moon is "applying" to, you were referring to that resolution relationship, not an aspect measurement, correct?  I think that is where I got a little confused.

Thanks,

Jen

Rad

Hi Jen,

"When you stated that the resolution node is actually the node that Moon is "applying" to, you were referring to that resolution relationship, not an aspect measurement, correct?  I think that is where I got a little confused."

Right, it's not an aspect measurement at all.

God Bless, Rad