School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Cancer Archetype

Started by Linda, Jul 05, 2011, 05:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linda

QuoteMOST OF THE WORLD IS NOT IN SELF-RESPONSIBILITY WITH THEIR EMOTIONS, THUS THEY ARE PROJECTED OUTWARD, WHEN REAL HEALTHY EMOTIONAL EXPRESSION COMES OUT PEOPLE JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT--ONE THING THAT THE SPIRITUAL NEW AGE WORLD SUGGESTS IS NOT FEELING, BUT IF YOUR KARMIC LESSON IS TO BECOME EMOTIONALLY SELF-RELIANT THAN EMOTIONAL OVERFLOW IS NECESSARY WHILE FORMING THE CONTAINER.

Whoever wrote this, this is beautiful!

It's what I've always believed and practised - and is incredibly liberating for my inner emotional world!

{I'm getting a little confused as to whom is writing what.  Can we improve this format somehow?  Thanks.}

Wendy

Quote from: PatriciaW on Jul 08, 2011, 09:05 PM
Just a few thoughts on the chart Wendy posted.....As I look at the Pluto conj moon in the 2cnd in relation to SN in AQ in the 7th, what I see reiterates some of what you have said already. Conforming to, or being forced to conform to others expectations has been a way of life, causing personal splitting and fragmentation. Many past life scenarios pop into mind, but the strongest that comes into focus for me involves the death of children (in utero or otherwise) in sexual servitude or shameful scenarios. Such as"¦ Being a "˜breeder' slave..used to become impregnated repeatedly with children then suffering them being  taken away, getting pregnant as a prostitute or sexual slave and having to repeatedly abort or actually kill new borns and/or raise them to become sexual servants themselves  (leading to immense guilt -Virgo),  Also being impregnated by a religious figure ( Pisces/Virgo- Catholic church) and outed, killed and/or cast out(AQ) because of that"¦the imprint there , being the one who carries all the shame, betrayal by someone trusted, disillusionment etc.

Yes, this describes the energy Kelly carries.

Putting that into context of what you told us about her already"¦.isn't it interesting that in the womb her mother was almost forced to abort her, which she did not"¦but later, same Mother forced her to abort 3x's?  

Yes, our mother remained in regret her entire life that she didn't go to school.  She took it out on us and then enacted the abortion scenario thru my sister--horrible trauma for my sister.

Libra on the cusp of 4th house with BML there, Venus ruler of that house conj Nept and Lillith in Scorpio"¦

Mother was put under pressure to "˜conform to others expectations' but rebelled ( Lillith) but perhaps her rebellion was only a way to use the baby to get her own unresolved child needs met..by marrying your Father (BML in Libra conj 4th house cusp).  

Yes, this is exactly what happened, she ran to my father's family to get away from her parents.  Mother was a Libra sun in the 8th house, Virgo Chiron and Venus, same SN Aquarius as my sister, but in the 1st house with Uranus conjunct Mars in the 4th, NN in the 7th--she was a sex addict.

Pluto conj moon also reiterates that. The point being that all these pre-natal circumstances would be a replay symbolically of your sister's personal karmic story.

Yes plus Ceres!  

Pluto in the 2cnd retro is certainly going to make her quite isolated and running back to whatever little security she feels , coupled with the obvious trauma of the AQ SN. How sad that when she did reach for her authentic self - wanting to be a social worker ( Sag Sun- which is ruler of NN) she was shamed (6th house) , it seems she has- life after life-become so estranged from her authentic self that she will need a lot of help in this life to get back there. But look at NN conj the asc"¦ the promise there is that if she can get back to her instinctual self"¦tune into what her natural gifts are she can overcome all that inherited guilt which blocks her knowing her authentic self.

A suggestion comes to mind that you might be able to (when the time is right for both of you) create a burial ritual for the present life aborted ones she had when she was younger. Doing that can have a few purposes"¦ 1) to honor those spirits and make sure they are at rest, 2) Many times I work with women who have had abortions even in adulthood and with a clear conscious, but when we go deeper with that, quite frequently there are still unresolved guilt or other emotional dynamics, doing such a ritual would also be to let your sister connect with what is unresolved there from this life and others"¦

And give her the opportunity to "˜atone' for any guilt that may be there by honoring the unborn spirits and laying them to rest. 3) to do this gently and with great respect is to also honor the part of her that went thru that as a young girl.

Spoke with her therapist yesterday, and have a session scheduled with the three of us to assist her more deeply.  I have known for a long time she needs soul retrieval type work, but she is just not ready to integrate it.  Your suggestion Patricia is a good place to start with this present life, thru ritual to heal the wounds.  From there her psyche will reveal when and how to reclaim the split off parts of her.

Patricia, thank you for your insights and very helpful confirmations and suggestions.  I really appreciate you taking the time to response so generously.  

Blessings,
Wendy

Wendy

Quote from: Linda on Jul 08, 2011, 10:46 PM
QuoteMOST OF THE WORLD IS NOT IN SELF-RESPONSIBILITY WITH THEIR EMOTIONS, THUS THEY ARE PROJECTED OUTWARD, WHEN REAL HEALTHY EMOTIONAL EXPRESSION COMES OUT PEOPLE JUST CAN'T HANDLE IT--ONE THING THAT THE SPIRITUAL NEW AGE WORLD SUGGESTS IS NOT FEELING, BUT IF YOUR KARMIC LESSON IS TO BECOME EMOTIONALLY SELF-RELIANT THAN EMOTIONAL OVERFLOW IS NECESSARY WHILE FORMING THE CONTAINER.

Whoever wrote this, this is beautiful!

It's what I've always believed and practised - and is incredibly liberating for my inner emotional world!

{I'm getting a little confused as to whom is writing what.  Can we improve this format somehow?  Thanks.}

Hi Linda, thanks--I wrote this. 

I realized the capital letters were making my posts overwhelming to read.  I will make them more clear. 

Linda

Hi Wendy,

Examination of Kelly's Cancer dynamics

With Kelly's Moon in Virgo she would be having a real hard time with not only her inner self-image but her outer physical image (Moon ruling Ascendant) and actualizing her purpose (Sun Sag 6th) of self-purification, realignment with natural laws, and the ability to integrate self-identity on a moment to moment basis (Moon widely squares the Sun).  

Saturn conjunct SN shows an inability to establish her own authority within relationships while the NN Leo 1st shows that she needs to develop her own individuality and take her own new paths.  Venus naturally ruling her 7th house and found in the 4th in Scorpio symbolizes the dominant mother who "manipulated" her into having several abortions.  

Needing the mother's love, she was deluded into doing something that betrayed her own self (Scorpio 4th).  Lucifer and Vertex in the 5th house graphically correlate to those abortions.  

The Jupiter/Pluto opposition shows a severe resistance to natural law and to a higher will since they are ruled by Neptune in her 4th.  She needs to surrender to a higher will but feels cut off from Source because she carries a lot of guilt.

Ruler of her 4th house is Venus in Scorpio conjunct Neptune and Lucifer (stellium) and this points to inner guilt (ruler Pluto/Virgo), extremes (Venus), denial (Neptune) and being convinced that what she did was right when it was obviously wrong (Lucifer).   Furthermore, the Moon in new conjunction to Pluto means not thinking things through enough.  

She would have to learn to accept responsibility for her actions (Saturn conjunct SN) and the choices her Soul has made (Pluto 2nd, Scorpio 4th, Lucifer 5th).  

I don't know "why" these things happened to her - but perhaps these experiences were a re-living of past events allowing her to let go of the guilt (Pluto/Virgo) associated with survival/children/mother etc, and to realize that because she is not perfect she will need to forgive herself from within herself.

Uranus ruling her 8th house (death) is in balsamic conjunction to Pluto, with an opportunity for surrender to a higher power that will bring liberation from the traumas of the past (SN Aquarius 7th).

I agree with Patricia that a ceremony would be a good way to honor the souls of the aborted, and to bring her some inner peace and healing.  

Elen

Hi All,

RE: manipulation....  I TOTALLY GET IT!  Thank you!

Peace,
Ellen

Elen

Quote from: Linda on Jul 08, 2011, 10:21 PM
Another inspiration comes to mind.......(T-Neptune through my 4th speaking now!)

Regardless of WHERE the nurturing love comes from - it can come from within - or it can be extended to us from without - or we can extend it out to others - is there really any difference in all of these expressions???  

If we are ALL ONE, that same healing force works within AND without.  It heals us within - it heals our external relationships - and it heals our world (the collective).  

The point is, it BEGINS from within (Cancer self-healing) - is then extended out to others (Scorpio transformational healing) - and influences our relationship with the Universe (Pisces divine healing).  This water triad is necessary for evolution to take place.

It just goes to show that caring and nurturing do not end in childhood - these qualities continue to be essential in adulthood (integrating into the Capricorn polarity).  

Linda,

This is beautiful and seems totally true to me....

Warmly,
Ellen

Wendy

Quote from: Ellen on Jul 09, 2011, 12:36 PM
Quote from: Linda on Jul 08, 2011, 10:21 PM
Another inspiration comes to mind.......(T-Neptune through my 4th speaking now!)

Regardless of WHERE the nurturing love comes from - it can come from within - or it can be extended to us from without - or we can extend it out to others - is there really any difference in all of these expressions???  

If we are ALL ONE, that same healing force works within AND without.  It heals us within - it heals our external relationships - and it heals our world (the collective).  

The point is, it BEGINS from within (Cancer self-healing) - is then extended out to others (Scorpio transformational healing) - and influences our relationship with the Universe (Pisces divine healing).  This water triad is necessary for evolution to take place.

It just goes to show that caring and nurturing do not end in childhood - these qualities continue to be essential in adulthood (integrating into the Capricorn polarity).  

Linda,

This is beautiful and seems totally true to me....

Warmly,
Ellen

Agreed!

PatriciaW

Hi All.. I agree with all said. Someone mentioned earlier the Pluto Mars balsamic phase... add to that also the 29 degree asc/desc and 0 degree nodes...so yes lots of culminating and initiating signatures in this chart. The nodes themselves being in Cardinal houses....so an ending and new beginning. There would be of course a lot more to say about this chart, but then we would deviate off the Cancerian theme of this thread. My apologies for not using the quote feature...I still haven't gotten that down. And no Linda I'm not an EA expert...I always feel like a beginner when it comes to EA :-)

Linda
I noticed that the discussion in the current Mercury thread have veered towards the Cancer theme as that chart has a Saturn in Cancer square the nodes and NN in the 4th...interesting :-)

PatriciaW

It might be a bit ambitious to propose, since I'm also preparing to begin travels for about a month ( leaving on Wed) but maybe you could discuss your perceptions of the Moon thru the signs... how each might express a wounded and healthy self-image and emotional reality?
I've been searching for my JWG disc on the Psycho Dynamics of the Moon to no avail thus far...but if any of you have that , it would certainly be great material to revisit.....

Elen

Hi All,

I've been studying up on Capricorn for my own personal studies and while not Cancer, it is the polarity.  Re: manipulation, I found these 2 quotes to be very interesting.  Not EA (both from Liz Greene's Saturn book), but I thought apropos:

"There is nothing we hate so much as accepting responsibility for our actions and our fate, although man wants so desperately to believe that he is free.  And when responsibility is taken, it is usually coloured black and called sin, which is an equally useless attitude." (p. 12, 1976 version)

"The nature of this conflict between conscious and unconscious, dark and light, is neither good nor evil; it is necessary for growth because out of it comes eventual integration and greater consciousness." (p. 12 also).

I understand what everyone is saying about manipulation and have come to a place of acceptance of it.  But what Greene (Liz) says here also addresses some of the perspective I was expressing.  In a way, to call something manipulative is to make a (Capricorn) judgment.  So to the extent that one might be castigating oneself, sort of wielding against oneself an external standard/judgment re: one's behavior, that is maybe where my questioning comes in.  It is not wrong to try to get one's needs met.  To me this is natural and normal.  The fact that these efforts occur in unhealthy (manipulative) ways reflects the wounding that our cultures of today so typically manifest.  Yet at the same time, we have chosen these times and these experiences so that we can learn and grow.  If the word "manipulative" is descriptive (using HEALTHY cultural standards to help one understand oneself more - to grow and change -, I understand.  If it is judgmental towards oneself or others (using UNHEALTHY cultural standards to unconstructively blame oneself), I'm not so sure I agree with it.

Enough said!  Hope it makes sense and thanks for bearing with me!

Warmest wishes,
Ellen

Elen

Hey Wendy,

Just wanted you to know I'll follow along with the charts but probably won't add much... Not there yet!

Well wishes,
Ellen

PatriciaW

Hi Wendy... Just wondering...did you ask permission to put his chart up here?

PatriciaW

Hi Wendy...I realized this morning that maybe I should have sent you that question privately... otherwise it appears I might be accusing you of mis-posting a chart. In actuality I don't have a personal issue with it... but when I looked at the chart I got an 'inner' NO!!.... Which from a look at the symbols in his chart may simply be the deep energy of the fear of being 'outed and examined'...  Anyway just clarifying why I asked the question :-) .... Patricia

Wendy

Interesting question Patricia.  I too began to feel that same feeling when I posted the chart.  I did not ask his permission.  Since so many charts on this forum have been examined, and I assume without permission, I thought it would be okay, as there is no name attached to the chart, and looking deeply into it is for the purposes of analyzing the Cancer archetype.

I can take the chart down if that is what the EA forum feels is best.

Thank for your forethought,
Wendy

PatriciaW

Hi Wendy... well there you have it ... 2 out of 2 weird feelings confer :-) As I said for me I think it relates to his wounding around being exposed (actually being on both sides of that energy) Nodes squared.. relating back a his defensive emotional nature.  As well as a few other reasons which I won't go into... but personally I wish to respect that "psychic boundry" and leave this chart alone :-)
I'll only be on sporadically anyway, as I'll be traveling as of tomorrow till Aug 9...

Bright Blessings...