School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Capricorn Moon Karma

Started by Mercury_Child, Aug 19, 2011, 08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercury_Child

Hello everybody!

I've read a lot about Moon in Capricorn, as I have that position. I have probably read every article that exists in books or online about Moon in Capricorn.

After much research, I read that Moon in Capricorn carries a certain karmic signature. I wanted to ask what that is. Moon in Capricorn is obviously not an easy placement by any means.

What is the karma (or patterns) associated with Moon in Capricorn? I've read plenty of bad/negative things about Moon in Capricorn, is there anything good about this placement?

If anybody has anything to share about Moon in Capricorn, please do!

Best,
Simon

Gonzalo

Hi Mercury Child

I would say that the Moon in Capricorn does not correlate with any implied karma by itself ... neither does any isolated symbol in the birthchart imply a karma by itself ... Evolutionary Astrology paradigm does indeed allow to know what type of "karma" is reflected in the birthchart, however, a complete analysis of the birthchart is necessary in order to know that ... starting with the main evolutionary axis of the birthchart, ie. Pluto, the Pluto polarity point, the nodal axis, and the planetary rulers of the lunar nodes ... then, karma will always be reflected in Pluto, Scorpio, and the 8th House ... the aspects to Pluto, the aspects to the nodes ... thus, not one isolated symbol, but the complete birthchart needs to be understood in order to establish if and what type of karma exists, and how it has been created ... as JWG said many times, "one size does not fit all".

In this message board there are a series of quite complete analyses of birthcharts, which you can read and that can illustrate about how a birthchart is approached from the EA perspective.

God Bless,

Gonzalo

Dhyana

Hi Simon,

Here is a link to a general question about the moon and the past, and CURRENT LIFE (moon), and then Rad's Answer. Although it is brief, it is useful bc it gives a clue about the Moon in EA. And it's important to understand the moon from an EA perspective, first.

I know there are more links that may be of use to you... i'm looking a bit more. :)

https://forum.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/index.php/topic,372.0.html

Peace,
Dhyana

Dhyana

...And like Gonzalo was saying- without understanding the evolutionary signature (Pluto, PPP, the Nodes and the rulers of these) you really will not fully grok why the Soul incarnated with that particular Moon in the current lifetime.

and this could be very helpful too--
--Here is a link to Deva Green's (Jeff Green's daughter) webpage. I think you might find it a really good place to start.

http://devagreen.com/what-is-evolutionary-astrology/the-ego/

As she describes ...."THE EGO-Coming into human form, the Soul  (Pluto) will then manifest what is known as the ego. The ego correlates astrologically to the Moon...."

There are some great things to read on Deva's page.

Hope this helps you get started.

Wendy

Hi Mercury Child,

I too have a Cap Moon, and mine most certainly has karmic links.  Not because it is a Cap moon, but due to the fact that I have Saturn square the nodes, and Pluto in the 4th, Capricorn moon in the 8th.  This adds emphasis to my Cap moon and the necessity (its actually a drive within me) to take full responsibility for my emotions and emotional body and my soul's signature, which is literally radically intense.

It is said Capricorn moon individuals have difficulty with expressing, showing emotions.  This is not true for me (Leo Sun helps), though I can seem cool to those who I feel I must have serious boundaries with (Saturn in Pisces), then my Cap moon kicks in and I become more Saturn like.

Also it is said Cap Moon has difficult relationship with mother, as they didn't get nurtured by them.  This is surely true for me and in turn I am a nurturer (Cancer on 2nd house cusp and Venus 4th house).

One other thought--last month we were analyzing the Cancer Archetype and Patrica Walsh mentioned creating a list of the Moon signs the the EA perspective of each.  If folks are interested we could still do so.

love and blessings,
Wendy

Mercury_Child

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I also have the drive to take full responsibility for my emotions/emotional body. It's true. I also have Cap Moon in 8th House, but my Pluto is in my 5th House, which makes me even more serious.

Yes, my relationship with my mother is not easy, to say the least. As a Cap Moon, it's hard to show emotions, there's almost no flow, so connection with others can be difficult. I'm a Virgo Sun with Gemini Rising, so you can imagine how I deal with emotions. There's a lot of "dryness," to say the least. Air + Earth = Dust Storms.

Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread!

Best,
Simon

Wendy

Hey Simon,

I too am Gemini rising with lots of Virgo.  I guess it's my deep 4th house and Leo that bring my emotions so available and up front.  Does your moon have any aspects to it?

Mercury_Child

Hi Wendy,

I don't know lots about astrology aspects yet but I just checked and it show a triangle to Sun & Mercury, so I'm guessing my Moon trines (?) my Sun & Mercury.

I have no idea what that translates to.

Thanks,
Simon