Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A very simple question  (Read 1132 times)
Kathleen

« on: Jul 29, 2011, 08:17 AM »

Hi, I'm new on this site, and fascinated.  I've purchased and have been reading Insights Into Evolutionary Astrolgy by Rose Marcus.  I'm familiar with all the symbols and their meanings, however there is one symbol that keeps appearing in all the EA charts:  It looks like a reversed sickle, or a question mark with a line through it.  It's always included with all the planets in the natal charts.  What is that thing???   Roll Eyes
   One more question (for now):  What's the best book to begin studying EA?
   Thank you!  I look forward to this!

I began studying Astrology back in my 20s (many moons ago).  Then I put it aside for many years.  I didn't feel that I knew how to integrate the information.   Recently, I picked it up again, and the ferver has returned!
   Now I've discovered Evolutionary Astrology which REALLY speaks to me!
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 2011, 09:15 AM »

Hi Kathleen,

That symbol correlates to Lilath. The very best source to read about this Demetra George. The best book to start your studies in EA is the first volume of Pluto: The Evolutionary Journey Of The Soul by Jeffery Wolf Green. If you wish to read this book you can order it directly from the publisher on the main site: http://www.schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com ...............

God Bless, Rad
Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2011, 07:13 PM »

Thanks, Rad!

I began studying Astrology back in my 20s (many moons ago).  Then I put it aside for many years.  I didn't feel that I knew how to integrate the information.   Recently, I picked it up again, and the ferver has returned!
firenwater
« Reply #3 on: Aug 01, 2011, 01:53 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

The symbol you describe sounds like Ceres to me. If it looks like a black crescent moon with a cross at the bottom that would be Lilith but if it looks like a question mark with a cross than that is Ceres.
Kathleen

« Reply #4 on: Aug 01, 2011, 02:15 PM »

Yes, Firenwater, you are right! 

I saw the symbol again when I was looking through other books and sites, and it is Ceres. 

I'm curious to know why it is included consistently in all of the charts in Rose Marcus' book, Insights Into Evolutionary Astrology.  I'm almost finished with that book, and although she's included Ceres in all of her charts, she has made no reference to it.

Since Rose Marcus is the first EA author I've read, I assumed it was important to EA.  Perhaps not, as I don't see it in Jeff Green's Pluto, Volume I/i], (which I haven't read yet).

I've been looking for an ephemeris for the asteroids.  Seems to be hard to come by.

Thanks Firenwater, for correcting that!

Heidi

« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2011, 01:12 PM »

Hi Kathleen,

An excellent book on the asteroids is "Asteroid Goddesses" by Demetra George and Douglas Bloch. It also contains an updated ephemeris of 16 asteroids from 1930-2050.

I'm not an expert on the use of the asteroids in EA but I do know that Jeffrey started using them and including them in charts more in the latter period of his teaching. Someone please correct me if you know different Smiley

Blessings,
Heidi
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2011, 03:15 PM »

Here are links to topics......

"Asteroid Goddesses - the undistorted Natural/Divine Feminine"....
http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,309.msg4687.html#msg4687

and

Ceres, the Great Mother, goddess of agriculture and fertility.....
http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,309.msg4814.html#msg4814
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2011, 03:24 PM by Linda » Logged
Saintpaulia

« Reply #7 on: Aug 06, 2011, 08:43 PM »

Other than having read his first book on Pluto many years ago now, I have not read any of Green. Is he pretty much committed to using all these asteroids and so forth? I find them more confusing than helpful esp. when aspects are drawn to them along with the aspects that are made between the 10 planets. With this approach there are so many lines going every which way that I throw up my hands! I like to try and keep my astrology simple so that someone as simple as I am can understand it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: