Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Does anyone here dream in astrology  (Read 1550 times)
Steve
Admin
Most Active Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2011, 10:47 PM »

Hi Ellen

And her response was to run through the possibility that perhaps it does not have to take that long - that perhaps the infant can move through its developmental processes at an accelerated rate.

And what would the infant do after it moved through the early childhood developmental processes at an accelerated pace?  Go to college at age 7 to learn how to be a hedge fund manager? 

I'm being sarcastic of course but that very attitude is the essence of our modern condition.  She doesn't even stop to think WHY the infant should accelerate its process.  Its just taken as a given that it should.  When you really look at it, this is a form of "beat the system".   "The system" is natural law, that there is a natural timing for all things - that is the essence of what studying astrology reveals.  But no, we don't have to be bound to that, we are HUMANS, we can accelerate and get there faster.  1) Why?  What's the rush?  2) Where is it we are getting?  3) What are we giving up by getting there faster?  What happens to what we would otherwise experience if we weren't busy accelerating?

(I realize you don't agree with her perspective.  I'm just pointing out some absurdity).

Steve

Sunyata

« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2011, 12:27 AM »

I used to have some pretty vivid chart dreams with meanings coming to me, still have JWG showing up in my dreams... at least twice so far this summer.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2011, 07:00 AM »

Hi Ellen

And her response was to run through the possibility that perhaps it does not have to take that long - that perhaps the infant can move through its developmental processes at an accelerated rate.

And what would the infant do after it moved through the early childhood developmental processes at an accelerated pace?  Go to college at age 7 to learn how to be a hedge fund manager? 

I'm being sarcastic of course but that very attitude is the essence of our modern condition.  She doesn't even stop to think WHY the infant should accelerate its process.  Its just taken as a given that it should.  When you really look at it, this is a form of "beat the system".   "The system" is natural law, that there is a natural timing for all things - that is the essence of what studying astrology reveals.  But no, we don't have to be bound to that, we are HUMANS, we can accelerate and get there faster.  1) Why?  What's the rush?  2) Where is it we are getting?  3) What are we giving up by getting there faster?  What happens to what we would otherwise experience if we weren't busy accelerating?

(I realize you don't agree with her perspective.  I'm just pointing out some absurdity).

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes - I completely understand what you are communicating here and I appreciate your understanding what I was saying.  Those questions you raise are so important.  The one I highlighted is the one that really struck me.  Such an important question.  So fundamental and basic.  That it is not asked, culturally and individually, to me is an expression of the loss of "Seventh Generation" thinking.  Culturally, that's obvious.  Individually, to me, it's interesting.  Because it seems to be a statement of profound lack of self-love, if patience and self-understanding are considered to be essential components of that.

Warmly,
Ellen
Michael

« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:01 AM »

Hi everyone,   Steve, you have totally spoken my heart on how a persons inner teacher manifests 

Kristen, that is a beautiful expression of JWG,thank you.

Catt, (if I may add this to Steve's awesome statements). As astrologers we often reach for knowledge, which of course is right and good, yet when the mind draws a blank the heart may supply a key.

I believe the chart, person, soul,  'wants' to be read. In the manner Steve described the client is manifesting the reader (& reader the client, I too am guilty of projecting ea states.)

You know that feeling when we first look at a chart, the mixture of oh that makes sense & hmm I hadn't thought of that. Then as you explore the trinity of the past and this pool of compassion, humility, mercy and respect for the beauty and order of the soul and universe rises in you heart. And they begin to tell their story....

It may not seem that logical or even practical but standing in that place helps me when the blank comes.

This is also a useful technique when reading for a soul who is further down the evolutionary
path.

Re: evolutionary states, something that occurs me is to invert the pyramid...perhaps in takes a large number of consensus to draw the individuated and spirituated states. (When the colony is strong enough a new queen is made and the hive swarms.) Similar to ants or bees each having a role in support of the whole, which in truth we are all parts of one being.

Ellen and all... Your statement about self compassion seeded inward to ourselves and thus to everyone has been perhaps the key lesson of my own life this year.

Re: speed.....ah speed that most seductive of western virtues...

Standing as we do on the bifrost bridge outside of time and distance nothing is left un done ... The time lapse unfolding of this earthly bud......
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #19 on: Aug 24, 2011, 10:19 AM »

As astrologers we often reach for knowledge, which of course is right and good, yet when the mind draws a blank the heart may supply a key.

Hi Michael,  Very good to meet you.  This really hit me, and I just wanted to say thank you for saying this in just this way.  Just the step I'm needing to figure out how to take.

Warmly,
Ellen
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #20 on: Aug 25, 2011, 11:20 PM »

Hi Michael …

I remember before my first Saturn return I had a dream in which Saturn was coming after me … I was a monk living in a friary and Saturn-a giant with a round big head, red harsh chicks and rounded dark eyes-would try to fetch me through a high window … even though he was really big, he moved incredibly quickly …  it was quite scary …

God Bless,

Gonzalo
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 29, 2011, 03:25 PM »

Wow Gonzalo, that is one blatently symbolic dream!!!! Were you "Into" astrology at the time and aware of the symbolism? 

Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #22 on: Aug 29, 2011, 07:39 PM »

Hi Michael and all,

Last night I was definitely dreaming astrology!  I was almost fully asleep - perhaps about 3/4 asleep.  I was going over some current aspects - the grand trine - and Jupiter kept impressing itself upon me.  The Jupiter symbol kept repeating itself, and my 'mind' kept going over aspects which included this Jupiter.  I could see the chart, and the aspects.  The sleep was quite disturbed because my mind was trying to grasp something, which, after a while, lead to my intuition grasping the truth of the aspect, which had to do with Jupiter.  My own Jupiter is in the 12th house - I guess a good place to dream!  My dream was disturbed by a very loud clap of thunder, at which point I woke, and was able to remember this dream.

Dreamily,
Linda
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: