Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ? re: meaning of skipped step in comparison charts  (Read 3147 times)
Elen
Most Active Member

« on: Sep 01, 2011, 07:32 AM »

To Whomever Feels Able to Answer This,

I am wondering how to interpret a skipped step that occurs between 2 charts.  So if there is a chart A and a chart B.  Say a planet in chart A is squaring the nodes in chart B.  How is that to be interpreted?  Clearly, there is a dynamic that has been going on and that has not been adequately addressed.  But what I'm wondering is, how is the chart A person in this example to be understood with regard to the chart B person relative to the skipped step?  How do you understand the dynamic between the 2 people?  Say it is chart A's Jupiter that is squaring chart B's nodes.  How is the chart B person to understand the chart A person's presence in her/his life?  And how is the chart B person to understand the presence of the chart A person in her/his life?  Hope this makes sense.  I understand the details can only be understood with a more complete chart picture.  But I'm purposely keeping it very basic as I'm really just trying to understand the general meaning of the relationship between the 2 people.  So, just to throw something out there.  Since it is chart B's Jupiter, could it be said that, perhaps, the chart B person has been a teacher to the chart A person in the past, but somehow that relationship dynamic has not progressed as it should and so there are unresolved patterns between the 2 that need to be resolved.  Is the chart B person needing to step up to the plate, so to speak?  Or is this a completely incorrect way to even start thinking about this?  As another example, might it be that the chart B person has been someone who, over lifetimes, has been consistently deceitful and the chart A person has not gotten this.  So perhaps in this lifetime, the resolution is the chart A person finally tuning into this and saying "no" to it, finally perhaps recognizing their need to believe in something outside of themselves and how that has led them to allow themselves to be misled.  Those are just 2 examples so you can see what I'm trying to get at and, if I'm completely off, so you can see that and help me to understand it properly.

Also, as I'm working through this, it is seeming that, no matter what the planets and signs involved, since it is a relationship dynamic, for me, there seems to always be the default filter of Libra when looking at this.  Is this a correct way to process the information?  Will there always be a Libra theme relative to the skipped step between 2 people?

Thank you a million.

Ellen 
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2011, 08:17 AM »

Hi Ellen,

Not an expert here, but it seems that if the two people are in a significant learning experience via their relationship that the Libra theme would be in the synastry somewhere.  I think this would be regardless of skipped steps or not.  Looking forward to reading what others are going to respond with here.

cat
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2011, 08:35 AM »

Hi Ellen,

These questions are answered in the extensive thread on synastry and composite charts in which we have been doing an EA analysis of the relationship of John Lennon and Yoko. If you have questions after reading through that please ask.

God Bless, Rad
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2011, 09:08 AM »

Hi Cat,

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rad,

Thanks for directing me there.  Struggling with being able to focus for extended periods of time on things outside of me but will do my best to read through the thread.

Well wishes,
Ellen
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2011, 09:24 AM »

Hi Ellen,

I have been reading and re-reading the John and Yoko thread as time permits. There is alot of excellent information and it can be alot to digest so I suggest you take it in a little bit at a time and maybe meditate on what you read and think about how it may relate to you somehow so its not so "outside" you. 

I'm thinking that sometimes its more difficult to interprete one's own chart (synastry etc) than other people's chart.  I was listening to someone, Kristin Fontana I think, something in regard to not seeing certain things in her own chart for many, many years and only finally seeing them because someone else pointed them out.  I contemplate getting a reading myself just for this very reason as I am sure I am blind to something that I will never see unless someone else points it out to me.  I'm just trying to decide who I would want to do this for me. 
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2011, 10:59 AM »

Hi Rad,

I have been reading through the synastry thread.  I understand the basics.  I understand it's about first understanding thoroughly the dynamics of each individual chart and then from there going on to understand how the charts intersect.  That was always quite clear to me.  I have also been reading some of the analyses of the synastry charts of Yoko and John and appreciate very much the work that is being done and the insights being offered.  But, unless I'm missing something, Yoko and John's charts do not include one of their planets in the position of "skipped step" of the other's chart.  Yoko has a skipped step (the Moon) within her chart.  But that is a different scenario than what I'm looking at.  It is this very specific condition - of one person's planet being a skipped step in another's chart - that has me baffled.  What does it mean when a planet in one person's chart is in that very specific position?  Just having a hard time wrapping my brain around it, making any sense of it.  If you feel that this question does not merit response, or that perhaps you feel I am not working hard enough with what has already been presented on the other thread, that is fine.  I understand.  I can continue to walk with this question.

Well wishes,
Ellen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:16 AM »

Hi Cat,

Thank you for your thoughts on this.  I appreciate it.

Well wishes,
Ellen
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:34 AM »

Hi Ellen,

Are you trying to say that one person has a planet square the other's nodes and wondering if in synastry that is a skipped step the two share together? 

Not that I can help you with the answer but just trying to clarify your question  :-)
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2011, 11:41 AM »

Hi Ellen,

Are you trying to say that one person has a planet square the other's nodes and wondering if in synastry that is a skipped step the two share together? 

Not that I can help you with the answer but just trying to clarify your question  :-)

Hi Cat,

My question is broader than that.  I am asking how to understand quite simply how to understand the skipped step.  One of the answers might be that it is a skipped step that the 2 share.  If that is so, then I would want to understand more about that.  In terms of each person, what exactly does that mean?  In terms of my question, I was trying to understand how to understand the person whose planet is doing the squaring - how to understand that person's place in the relationship from that perspective.  Don't know if that makes any sense.  I'm not sure I can do a better job of explaining it, but I hope what I've said helps clarify.

Well wishes,
Ellen
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2011, 12:08 PM »

Hi again Ellen,

I am not really sure about this but my intuition is telling me that a skipped step between two individuals would be seen in the Composite Chart - not in a synastry comparison.  In a synastry comparison you can probably see how the person whose planet is squaring the other's nodes plays a role in that regard to that person's skipped step, but it is not a shared skip step. 

Of course, I am still grappling with natal charts and have not lookede into EA synastry and composite yet so I'm just saying what comes to mind and may be totally wrong  :-)

Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 01, 2011, 01:20 PM »

Hi again Ellen,

I am not really sure about this but my intuition is telling me that a skipped step between two individuals would be seen in the Composite Chart - not in a synastry comparison.  In a synastry comparison you can probably see how the person whose planet is squaring the other's nodes plays a role in that regard to that person's skipped step, but it is not a shared skip step. 

Hi Cat,

Thanks.  I agree with this.  It's the latter part I'm really trying to grasp.  Don't understand how to understand that (what I've highlighted in your quote.  That's my question.....

Of course, I am still grappling with natal charts and have not lookede into EA synastry and composite yet so I'm just saying what comes to mind and may be totally wrong  :-)

I appreciate that, Cat.  Hopefully we'll both find some clarity as we move along....

Well wishes,
Ellen

cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 01, 2011, 01:32 PM »

Hi Ellen,

It might be easier to understand if we used an actual planets, signs and houses otherwise its all kind of really vague, isn't it?

Suppose A's Mercury is square B's Nodes, then we would know that A's thoughts, ideas, opinions, point of view etc, in relation to whatever sign and house it is in, would influence B by helping B resolve the skipped step or repeat the skipped step.  And I guess you can see where this leads - it leads to needing to see the entire charts in order to figure it all out.  :-) 

Until someone comes along and confirms this, take it with a grain of salt  :-) 
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2011, 02:10 PM »

Hi Ellen,

It might be easier to understand if we used an actual planets, signs and houses otherwise its all kind of really vague, isn't it?

Suppose A's Mercury is square B's Nodes, then we would know that A's thoughts, ideas, opinions, point of view etc, in relation to whatever sign and house it is in, would influence B by helping B resolve the skipped step or repeat the skipped step.  And I guess you can see where this leads - it leads to needing to see the entire charts in order to figure it all out.  :-) 

Until someone comes along and confirms this, take it with a grain of salt  :-) 

Hi Cat,

Thanks, again.  What I've highlighted is just the type of thing I'm wanting to zero in on..  Am hoping a moderator will jump in and confirm and/or elaborate.  The question I have is whether or not chart A's planet square the node will act as you say, or if it itself, and the person belonging to the planet (for lack of a better way to say that) will act in a way that facilitates the skipped step OR are they PART of the skipped step.  (In a natal chart, the planet squaring the nodes is a part of the whole skipped step signature.)  So, if that is so - that chart A's planet squaring chart B's nodes is PART of the skipped step signature - then that is what I struggle with in terms of understanding how that works in the relationship dynamic itself - how do you understand person A in relation to person B with this dynamic in play...  As you say, it would necessitate a more full picture of both people/charts to fully understand.  I understand that.  I am hoping that there is a general way to understand it but perhaps it truly can't be understood in isolation, even just in a general way.....  All questions for me.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Ellen
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2011, 02:30 PM »

The question I have is whether or not chart A's planet square the node will act as you say, or if it itself, and the person belonging to the planet (for lack of a better way to say that) will act in a way that facilitates the skipped step OR are they PART of the skipped step.

I think you just answered it - it can be any of the above.  So now we just have to wait for a moderator or someone more advanced than us to let us know if its possible to determine which way it will work out from the chart - or if its a free will thing and can go either way depending on the individual's choices.

Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 01, 2011, 02:35 PM »

Thanks, Cat.  Agreed.

Well wishes,
Ellen
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video