Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pluto Aspecting North Node  (Read 2469 times)
cat777

« on: Sep 18, 2011, 11:28 AM »

Hi,

I tried finding the answer via the search function but have not found exactly what I am looking for. My question concerns Pluto aspecting the North Node.  To be specific, Pluto is inconjunct the NN. 

When starting to interprete a chart, the first thing we look at is Pluto by house, sign and then aspects. I understand how to interprete Pluto Square the Nodes (skipped steps), Pluto conjunct the NN (soul has worked on this before) but am stuck in regard to what to think when Pluto is inconjunct the NN (or any aspect other than a conjunction or square).  Does this imply that the soul has been working to transform the area symbolized by the NN in the past?  It seems it does, but I just want to make sure  :-)

Thanks
cat
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2011, 12:28 PM »

Hi Cat,

The first question would be in which phase does the inconjunct occur? The next step is then to interpret the specific meaning of the inconjunct in the context of the phase it is in with the nn, also remembering that it will also be semi sextile the sn.

Here is an excerpt from my book on the inconjunct:

The inconjunct within the gibbous phase correlates to the need to become aware of a special purpose that the soul is meant to fulfill, and the crisis in aligning with the appropriate actions that are neccesary in order to fulfill that purpose. Thus it has a lot to do with "getting out of one's own way", "letting go and letting god" and "taking it one step at a time". Until the inconjunct is integrated, it can manifest as an angst that there's something to do but "I just don't know how or what to do". It is necessary in this aspect for a soul to just show up. This aspect can produce a deep humility and self knowledge. A good analogy for this aspect would be a person who is faced with various tasks to fulfill; the fulfillment of which requires hard work and a significant degree of “know how”. Thus instead of feeling overwhelmed by how much there is to do and comparing oneself to others who are already doing a better job, the soul just does what it can without creating unnecessary stress. In so doing, the path literally unfolds on its own.

The inconjunct that occurs within the full phase necessitates the soul to pay attention to its environment and showing up in the ways that are needed of the soul. The challenge in this phase is overcoming the resistance to actually offering oneself in the way that is needed, as opposed to the way the soul wants to be needed. The essence of the full phase is balance within the context of socialization. Thus this soul must become aware of what it can and cannot do within its society. If the soul does not listen to what is needed of itself then the soul will be faced with a perpetual feeling of “annoyance” that it just doesn’t feel like it is doing the work it is meant to do. This aspect can produce a great degree of embarrassment. Ultimately a soul can develop social humility through the confrontations created with its social reality.

For example Pluto in the second house with the north node in the 7th, this creates a crisis between the need to engage in relationship with the unconscious impulse and deep security need to be entirely self sufficient unto oneself. The crisis that then develops is where a soul continuously faces the emotional crisis of where it is simply not able to be dependent solely on itself - noting that the sn in this case is in the 1st house, implying the core evolutionary intention has been enacted in the past by remaining independent and alone.

The challenge is that we're looking at Pluto which means there will not be a conscious awareness of this dynamic, only a growing awareness of the fact that there are unresolved relationship needs and challenges around sharing that keep on coming up within the soul's relationships.

This is the stressful nature of any inconjunct involving Pluto and the nodes. In this case, the soul needs to adjust appropriately and learn how to share, learn how to incorporate human relationships into its life - forcing it out of the well (8th house polarity). This requires the soul to simply do the best it can, to be in relationship, to share itself as best as it can, and not isolate itself (gibbous phase inconjunct). This way the soul will be attracting opportunities for growth and evolution.
With love,
Ari Moshe
cat777

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2011, 12:51 PM »

Hi Ari,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and sharing a passage from your new book (which is on my list to buy eventually)  :-)

After all that, which is very insightful, I wasn't really looking for an interpretion here as much as wondering about the significance of Pluto aspects to the NN in general (other than the conjunction and square) in regard to if they were acted on in past lives or not.  NN is basically the current intention that one needs to evolve towards.  So when interpreting Pluto as prior patterns brought forth into this life, do we take Plu/NN into consideration or not?  Well, of course we probably do when interpreting the NN, but do we when interpreting Pluto?

Just to make it clearer, suppose I am doing a Practice Exercise.  I start with

Pluto - SN - SNR

PPP - NN - NR

Do I include a Plu/NN aspect in the Pluto - SN - SNR section or do I wait until I get to the PPP-NN-NNR section of my interpretation? 

That is what I am basically wanting to know.  Though I am also wanting to know since Plu aspects the NN (other than by conj or Square) is there any past life significance to this?

Anyway, going to keep taking in what you offered as that is useful as well!

Thanks so much Ari!

cat
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2011, 01:46 PM »

Hi Cat,

Do I include a Plu/NN aspect in the Pluto - SN - SNR section or do I wait until I get to the PPP-NN-NNR section of my interpretation? 

Yes, you take everything into account. In any chart when Pluto is forming any aspect to the north node it means, that according to the implications of that specific aspect, the north node has been addressed in some way. This doesn't mean its been integrated or that there hasn't been resistance to it. For  example, with an inconjunct there will be an awareness of something that the soul has to do but doesn't quite know how to do it.

The method to follow is to put you finger on Pluto and move clockwise through the zodiac. The elongation between your finger and the next node you reach indicates the phase and aspect between Pluto and that first node. Add 180 degrees and you have the elongation between Pluto and the other node equaling the phase and aspect between Pluto and the other node.

The phase and aspect between Pluto and both nodes, taking into account the planetary ruler of the nodes and other aspects that are being formed to Pluto, the nodes and the rulers, will indicate with great detail the way in which the evolution intention has been facilitated in the past, and what is left unresolved that has lead to this life.

To actualize the Pluto polarity point, since it is facilitated by the north node, we will also have to take into account the Pluto aspect that is formed to the north node. The example I gave demonstrates just that.

With love,
am
cat777

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2011, 02:12 PM »

Thank you Ari.  Intuition told me that any Pluto aspect to the NN was something acted on in the past, but I just wanted to make sure.  I like how you put it - acted on but not integrated.  That is the key.  Now I can go forward and tangle with the interpretation - which you have given me new insights into!

Thanks again for your time!!!!

cat
cat777

« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2011, 03:24 PM »

Hi Nick,

As far as I know, Quincunx/Inconjunct are one in the same.  Not sure where our post is mis-leading regarding that.  I use them interchangeably.

There is a pdf you can get called aspects_phases-Key_planetary_pairs that  explains all of the aspects very clearly.  I think its posted somewhere on this board?Huh  Just do a google search.

Found it - it's in the store:  http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/school/ea-transcripts-for-purchase

cat
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2011, 03:43 PM by cat777 » Logged
cat777

« Reply #6 on: Nov 05, 2011, 02:58 PM »

Need some verification if anyone is around (ie: not at the conference)  :-)

I don't know why, but I seem to be attracted to charts that end up having Pluto inconjunct one node and sextile the other lately.  When I start looking at the phase it reminds me of math and my mind goes blank or something  :-)

I want to make sure I have this right.  Pluto is 19 Leo in the 8th house.  The SN is 19 Virgo in the 8th house.  The NN is 19 Pisces in the 2nd House.  Is the SN Balsamic and the NN Gibbous?

Thanks in advance!

Linda - thanks for the head's up on the SN sign  Smiley

cat
« Last Edit: Nov 05, 2011, 04:39 PM by cat777 » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2011, 07:27 AM »

Hi Cat,

Yes ...............

God Bless, Rad
cat777

« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2011, 07:58 AM »