Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PRACTICING THE EA PARADIGM BY USING THE CHARTS OF FAMOUS PEOPLE  (Read 26799 times)
Steven

« Reply #240 on: Mar 11, 2012, 12:57 AM »

Elizabeth Tudor (1533-1603)

The Past:
Pluto Rx in Aquarius, 1st House
South Node: Aquarius, 2nd House
South Node Ruler: Uranus in Cancer, 7th House

The Future:
PPP: Leo, 7th House
North Node: Leo, 8th House

With Pluto in the angular First House, we can see that a new evolutionary cycle is beginning for this soul, and Elizabeth no doubt intuited this “call to the new” as both a special sense of destiny and a deep desire for independence and freedom.  Yet the active, expressive desire for self-discovery that is reflected by the First House archetype is at odds with the core tendency of Pluto to seek security through familiarity. Pluto’s placement here suggests a pre-existing inner conflict: the soul naturally gravitates to independence, self-discovery and freedom, yet at the same time, Pluto’s presence here shows that the soul has tended to resist the instinctual pull to evolve beyond its current state of development. This is true, I am sure, for all souls, but I feel that this dilemma is emphasized here and gives us a good feel for Elizabeth’s inner psychological landscape: an instinctual push towards independence and newness (Uranus/Aquarius), versus a strong pull to maintain security through traditional structure and order (Saturn/Capricorn).

This push-pull is reflected throughout the chart: Pluto Rx is in Aquarius (barely at 00), which indicates that she has experienced some lifetimes questioning or rebelling against the status quo,  yet the sign on the cusp of the 1st—the ascendant, and her outlook on this life—is cautious, conservative Capricorn.  The SN is also in Aquarius in the 2nd,  yet the ruler of the SN, Uranus in Cancer, is conjunct—Saturn.

The Saturnine influence, especially regarding structure and leadership, seems nearly as strong as her tendency to question or challenge the status quo: Saturn is indeed widely opposite Pluto and this indicates that the soul has been learning lessons relative to external power and authority, and reflects the soul’s need to actualize its own authority within society.  This is echoed by Pluto’s phasal relationship to Mars in full quarter trine, which indicates a soul that is “full of itself” as JWG put it, and whose evolutionary experiences must now be creatively actualized. Elizabeth seems to have succeeded in actualizing these leadership goals, which seem both personally/egoically driven (1st House Pluto) and yet dependent upon the consensus power structures of others (Capricorn/Saturn,) while equally engaged in an attempt to revolutionize/reform the power structure (Aquarius.) Overall, she gave the impression of almost managing to balance a variety of contradictions in both her character and her governmental style.

Reading possible meanings of her Aquarian Pluto and South Node, within the 2nd house focus, I do sense that she experienced several traumatic lifetimes in which her survival was threatened or ended thanks to “being different” or by challenging social forms, and that she may have derived her sense of personal strength from siding with these revolutionary factions and groups (Aquarius), am external dependency which will need be abandoned in further evolutionary development. I also sense that she expressed a complex archetype of Aquarius by trying to return to an older value system than those of her contemporaries.  This becomes interesting when we consider that the concept of Divine Right which the Tudors, Stuarts and other dynasties of the early modern/Renaissance eras used to help restructure feudal fragmentation into nationhood was both “new” (in comparison to the loose confederations of feudal warlords under the titular governance of the Church) and “old” with its revival of the notion of one divinely appointed monarch reigning over an unified state.

In this way, I see much of Elizabeth’s reign as evocative of a very potent old/new, Capricorn/Aquarian split : she was autocrat (Capricorn) as well as forward-thinking ruler dependent on wise council (Aquarius), defender of the (new!) faith as well as private religious populist,  etc. Given her evolutionary status as 3rd stage consensus, this seems a good example of how the Aquarian archetype might likely express through consensus leadership roles.

Yet as successful as most people would agree Elizabeth’s reign to be, it is the cost to her personal life that captures most often the public’s interest. The past-life trauma suggested by her Aquarian SN inconjunct Venus, by Uranus/Saturn in Cancer in the 7th, by Pluto square her Moon in Taurus and by Chiron square Juno/ASC in opposition to Venus certainly seems to have been re-created and re-experienced in her early life.  

The 3rd house placement of Chiron, and of her Moon squaring Pluto, specifically points to the wounding influence and threat from her siblings, especially her sister Mary. (I assume that this relationship had pre-existing karmic causes. ) Mars in Gemini can also reflect karmic sexual issues with siblings or parents, and the 7th house Uranus/Saturn in Cancer again pinpoints emotional restriction and trauma within the family and/or intimate relationships. With Chiron in Aries, even her very ability to exist, TO BE, has been threatened, and was also threatened in this lifetime from an early age.

That Elizabeth managed to develop the strength to rise above these traumatic early-life experiences (and the general tenor of the unstable religious/political climate of her era) is admirable, and certainly reflects the evolutionary trajectory reflected by Pluto in the 1st House, yet emotional/sexual healing, genuine intimacy and inner self-transformation seem clearly to be the focus of future lives (NN in Leo in 8th House).

Venus in Libra gives us some hints as to how the problems from the past may have arisen: the soul has experienced extremes of social isolation and social immersion, trying to learn who it is by "who it is not" and has tended to value itself only in relation to how it was valued by others. Thus all the family traumas and attacks (from both past and current lifetimes) may be said to provide a spur to the soul’s need to develop and assert a strong sense of self and security from within (a phase already in progress, via Pluto in 1st house) and then next learn how to share the self with full honesty, expressiveness and intimacy (NN Leo in 8th).

As a personal aside, I am struck by how externalized-- how re-created and expressed--all the symbols (and corresponding beliefs/experiences) in the chart seem to be in this soul's lifetime as queen. Are there specific symbols (aspects, perhaps?) that I am too new to notice which might in themselves demonstrate that this is a lifetime of such vivid externalization and re-creation of a soul's patterns?  Or is this simply a function of stage development-- that lifetimes of inner exploration (rather than externalization) are only really possible at later stages of soul development?

To return to the chart, as further reflections of core wounding and emotional challenge, Chiron forms squares with Juno, Pallas Athene and Venus, reflecting ongoing conflicts between creative/intellectual accomplishments and relationship/sexual needs, as well as an essential androgyny and discomfort with standard gender roles. Pallas’ influence (in the 6th House) should be clear here, as Elizabeth rejected many aspects of traditional womanhood to claim her power as her “father’s daughter” and as an intelligent, strategizing politician --at cost to her personal life.  Much of her Virgin Queen persona actually derives from the archetypal virginity and persona of Pallas Athena, a powerful woman in a man’s world, etc.  Another “virgin”, Vesta, joins Pallas in the 6th House as a further signifier of Elizabeth’s dedication to her work and service as leader of her people—at an emotional cost.

Equally, Juno on her Capricorn ascendant is fascinating in its influence: typical interpretations would suggest a need for a traditional, long-term relationship (Capricorn) as the foundation or theme of her life, and for Elizabeth, this proved true, with potential marriage a constant theme in her early reign and then ultimately, with a deep symbolic marriage to her kingdom and to her role as queen--- a marriage both “rebellious” in regards to consensus expectations and yet “traditional” at the same time.

Mars in Gemini in reflects a desire structure that is energized by independent thinking, and a desire to question accepted opinion that can come across as argumentativeness and combativeness. This is clearly part of her evolutionary need to question the consensus, per her Aquarian Pluto, yet it was most popularly known as the “temperamental” side of the queen, often reported and dreaded by her council and courtiers. In Venus in Libra in the 9th, which allows for so much awareness of relativity and other perspectives, we discover another trait lamented by her council: vacillation at critical decision-making junctions. Yet each of these traits further her soul’s need to question the consensus, develop her own set of values free from philosophical/religious dogma, and evolve from the level we call Consensus state to Individuated.

Both the NN and the PPP are in Leo, in the 8th House and 7th House, respectively, and I sense that the new evolutionary need here is for the soul to derive its sense of self not from a powerful social role (Capricorn), or from what “it is not” (Aquarius/Venus in Libra), but from divining what it is from within (solar power of Leo) and through intimate relationship (7th House), finally freed/healed of trauma and fear (8th House).

As for her actual “virginity” or sexual problems, there are enough signifiers—Pallas (with its squares) and Vesta in 6th house of health, Mars in Gemini which can signify sexual infantilism or dysfunction--- that I conclude Elizabeth was indeed uncomfortable with the sexual act, and preferred to sublimate her energies into her intellectual development (Mars in Gemini in 5th, Mercury and Venus in 9th), her work (Vesta in 6th), and her “image” as Gloriana, the Faerie Queen. There have been many historical rumors that she may have given birth at some point in great secret, and gave up the child to preserve her throne: I am not yet able to discern this through astrological symbols, but my intuition tells me that this is possible, and that further discomfort existed because the soul was experiencing a gender shift (which is suggested by Pluto in an angular house.)
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2012, 07:54 PM by Steven » Logged
mirta

« Reply #241 on: Mar 13, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Hi Rad and Group,
Thanks for your contributions and for waiting

Queen Elizabeth I                    

“I know I have the body but of a weak and feeble woman; but I have the heart and stomach of a king”
                     “Ye may have a greater prince, but ye shall never have a more loving prince.”

3rd stage consensus
Pluto in 1st House in Aquarius, ruler Uranus in 7th in Cancer, also ruler of SN in 2nd  house in Aquarius. PPP in Leo in 7th hose, ruler Sun in 8th house in Virgo; NN in 8th house in Leo.

Pluto in 1st house in Aquarius: The Soul has initiated a new evolutionary cycle, with experimental stages in former lives. With an instinctive feeling of special destiny, it has a strong need and sense of freedom and independence in its process of individual self-discovering; and clearly within the consensus paradigm with regard to society needs and aims, an advanced process of deconditioning in individuality aspects is ongoing:” I regret the unhappiness of princes who are slaves to forms and fettered by caution.”
Liberation from crystallized forms of self definition according to society has already been learned in prior lives. Burying the past is part of the evolutionary intention. (Pluto opposite Saturn, Saturn NP conjunct Pluto’s ruler; PPP conjunct N Saturn and N Vesta).Nevertheless, “The past cannot be cured” (SN Chiron trine NN, sextile SN and inconjunct Sun, Chiron conjunct Neptune opposite Venus, Moon and 4th house ruler).The emotional and physical confrontations in the first part of her life were intended to promote understanding and awareness of where she and others come from.
Her fidelity and fundamental identity was with herself. “My Lords, do whatever you wish. As for me, I shall do no otherwise than pleases me.” “I will never be by violence constrained to do anything.”

The evolutionary intention in this lifetime and before was to discover something unique in itself, which created a process of continuous becoming. However, Pluto’s security needs based on which is familiar, as well as the need to know “why” before acting or actualizing a desire still creates identity conflicts.

Evolution requires that this intense need of independence and freedom becomes balanced with the need of relationship, to understand that both are relevant.
The Soul has already been a solitary, and in this lifetime has achieved some balance having the courage to be a group of one as well as intensely participating and devoting to social, public relationships and life.
She was able to link her individual goal with her society’s goal, and with a socialized reason to exist.
The Soul already was a clever and wise leader but it’s abuse of power created trauma to other people (Pluto in 1st house opposite Saturn conjunct Uranus in 7th house, SN inconjunct Saturn conjunct Uranus), this abuse of power and trauma could also be exerted in intimate relationships (Saturn conjunct Uranus square Mercury, 5th house ruler, 5th house Mars opposite Jupiter in Sag).
In any case, natural guilt resides in the Soul and it’s open, equilibrated and careful government as well as her refusal to be in a relationship in which she couldn’t be with a full hearth reflect that the necessary lessons were in an ongoing process of learning.
In an epoch in which public life and power was interdicted to women, Elizabeth exerted a real power by her own right. Her access to the throne was hereditary, but her actual rulership and acknowledgment was owned by her courage, decision, cleverness, self reliance and fidelity to her consciousness.
She was without doubt, a female ruler accepted by her contemporaries because of her exceptional qualities; they condoned the individual, not the concept of female majesty.
Then she had to adapt to that epochal view (she also shared some of this patterns), so she said:” I have the heart of a man, not a woman, and I am not afraid of anything.” But she had not; Anne Boleyn, her mother, had said that “Poets and women are always free with their hearts, are they not?”, and Elizabeth remained always free and true in her heart (Sun square Jupiter in Sag in 12th conjunct Lilith, SN Jupiter, Sn Vesta, Sn Uranus and Astraea in 11th house)    

She was free and able to actualize and manifest her intellectual capacities
'Her mind has no womanly weakness’, 'her perseverance is equal to that of a man' wrote approvingly Roger Ascham, her distinguished tutor. And later, 'She readeth more Greek every day, than some Prebendaries of this Church do in a whole week.' And so she did; Elizabeth's love of scholarship never faltered and, in an age when women were considered inferior to men, she was a glorious exception. (Venus in Libra in 9th house trine Pluto in Aquarius; Mercury in Libra in 9th house trine its ruled Mars in Gemini in 5th house conjunct Ceres , and sextile Jupiter in Sag; Jupiter trine NN in 8th house; Metis opposition Pluto and conjunct Ascendant ruler Saturn; Sophia in 8th house trine Moon in 3rd and square Mars).

She was also able to use her feminine wisdom and understanding in leading her own life and her reign (Sun in Virgo square Jupiter in Sag conjunct Lilith, ruled by Mercury in Libra in 9th house ruled by Venus in 9th house Libra, square Pallas conjunct Vesta in Gemini in 6h house, sextile Urania in Scorpio in 10th house conjunct SN Metis. Pallas in Gemini in 6th house inconjunct Pluto, trine SN, sextile NN and opposite Jupiter. Jupiter conjunct Lilith and opposite Pallas is BP novile Pluto. Metis in 2º26’ Leo FP opposite Pluto, LQP square Moon, sextile Venus, inconjunct SN Sophia that is conjunct SN, trine Amazone conjunct Neptune, conjunct SN Vesta, Saturn and Neptune, opposition Juno conjunct Ascendant and SN Saturn and Pluto,).  
She manifested will and courage to be different and innovative, to walk alone finding her leadership capacities, being a living model for others to do the same.    
Here may reside the admiration she inspired in poets and thinkers, who find her ‘unique’, that her one-ness staggers the universe:

I weepe for ioy to see the Sunne looke old,
To see the Moone mad at her often change,
To see the stares only by night to shine,
Whilst you are still bright, still one, still diuine. . .
(Thomas Dekker, Old Fortunatus)

It was said that she hasn’t directly encouraged or supported culture, however art and science flourished during her reign, may be the innovative and free personal attitude and social climate she allowed, was the “culture broth” for that.
Being able to become aware of the foundations and nature of its desires and why and how this desires determine its reality, she could help others to do the same. (Pluto 10th house ruler in 1st, Mars in 5th in Gemini sesquisquare Pluto and conjunct Vesta and Pallas in 6th, Sun in Virgo in 8th house). Given its former experience the Soul had the ability to understand the group’s needs and promoting their development with a future’s vision.

With PPP in 7th house in Leo the Soul is learning to involve in relationships in equality, learning to give instead of receiving, and to listen to the other, but assuming command of its destiny, actualizing its goals, future and ideas about itself, leading ideas into action.
In order to do it she needed to minimize her security needs and learning to not waiting that others support her goals and strategies.
The problems she had during childhood were intended to teach her not having her needs met by another person in order to avoid projections and learning lessons of equality, listening and giving, as well as awareness of intentions, motivations and  other’s needs. They were also an opportunity to actualize the evolutionary need of developing objectivity and detachment from relationships that prevent growing.
She needed to overcome the group and individual’s impact in order to deepen the consciousness of her own individuality. She learned and was able to affirm her individual purpose and relate it to a social relevant need.
Emotional shocks, abandon and rejection learned her who is really a friend and who is not :“From mine enemy let me defend myself; from a pretensed friend, good lord deliver me.” “Where minds differ and opinions swerve there is scant a friend in that company”. “Do not tell secrets to those whose faith and silence you have not already tested.”
She learned that her power resided in being different and that she had the inherent power to act as an instrument of a renewing and creative change. This metamorphosis affirmed her self reliance and allowed to clearly understand who she was and actualizing her creative purpose.

SN in 2nd house in Aquarius: The innate sense of self-sufficiency and self reliance was developed as a way to actualize the Soul’s desires and evolutionary intentions of independence, freedom and equality in relationships and a clear and unconditioned individuality (ruler Uranus in 7th NP conjunct Saturn).
The Soul has needed to seclude itself in former lives in order to learn to identify its individual needs, values and capacities, and in the current life it feels attracted to withdrawal in order  to interiorize its consciousness focus (Vesta trine SN and sextile NN in 8th house in Leo), and discover inside its values and needs.
Firmly rooted in itself the Soul has learned to identify its essence as different from the phenomenal circumstances and external conditionings.

I too see the Queen in the cusp from 3rd consensus to 1st individuated in her values identification, because I believe that in this lifetime she has learned to identify with the personal resources that create the means for individual independence. However in a social plane she focused more in material values as a vehicle for independence, but nevertheless the evolutionary intention led to confrontations in order to reveal her values system limitations.
I wonder if in former lives the Soul could be imprisoned because of violations to natural other’s rights in order to obtain material wealth and created trauma to others because of that (SN in 2nd inconjunct Saturn conjunct SN ruler Uranus in 7th, Saturn inconjunct Jupiter in Sag in 12th, Jupiter opposite Mars in 5th house Gemini, Mars sesquiquadrate Pluto in 1st).

NN in 8th house in Leo has created the need, and the means, to unite with other persons in order to exert her power and actualizing the evolutionary PPP intentions. Aware of it she supported on a Council advice,( the “frog” was forced out of the well); this way she created the possibility of a metamorphosis allowing the emergence of a new way to relate others and to reality but fundamentally with herself, becoming aware of the limitations related to her values, needs and self image (Moon in Taurus inconjunct Venus, sesquisquare Sun and square Pluto).
She was learning to unite to others without depending on them, this way actualizing the evolutionary intentions related to 7th house PP by means of 8th house Leo NN.
It looks like she was afraid of not being able to do it in marriage.

RELIGION
Elizabeth I was a religious pragmatist (Venus in 9th house and its ruler conjunct Sun in Virgo in 8th house, inconjunct Moon in Taurus in 3rd house; Mars in Gemini in 5th house trine Mercury in 9th)
She had a clear discrimination sense (“Those who appear the most sanctified are the worst”) united to a practical understanding and wisdom, and she actualized her purpose of throwing off illusions and delusions in order to exert power in a fair way.  (9th house ruler Venus conjunct Sun in Virgo and sextile Metis, SN Venus and Mars in Libra; Sun conjunct Venus opposite Neptune).
After the power problems related to religion with her sister she adopted a protestant cult but accepting in it elements of Catholicism ( Sun in 8th house opposition Neptune sesquisquare Moon square Pluto and ruled by Venus in 9th house), establishing an English Protestant Church of which she became the Supreme Governor .
She was more moderate and open than her father and half siblings,  she did not persecute Catholics with conviction. (Venus in Libra, also SN Venus and Mars in Libra, Mercury in 9th house sextile Jupiter in Sag, Astraea in 11th house in Sag conjunct Jupiter and biseptile Neptune).

JUSTICE – ASTRAEA
The Virgin Queen was named by the poets as Gloriana, Belphoebe (alluding to Artemis) and Astraea, virgin goddess of Justice.
In her chart, asteroid  Astraea is in 16º Sag in 11th house conjunct Jupiter, SN Vesta and Uranus, Lilith and SN Jupiter; semisquare Pluto; opposite Mars, Vesta and Pallas; square Sun,; trine R.L. and SN Chiron; inconjunct Uranus and Saturn and sextile Mercury
 “In Greek mythology, Astraea or AstreaS (star-maiden") was a daughter of Zeus and Themis or of Eos and Astraeus. She and her mother were both personifications of justice, though Astraea was also associated with innocence and purity. She is always associated with the Greek Goddess of justice, Dike, who used to live on Earth but left, sickened by human greed.
Astraea, the celestial virgin, was the last of the immortals to live with humans during Golden Age the old Greek religion's five deteriorating Ages of Man. According to Ovid, Astraea abandoned the earth during the Iron Age. Fleeing from the new wickedness of humanity, she ascended to heaven to become the constellation Virgo; the scales of justice she carried became the nearby constellation Libra. . .
According to legend, Astraea will one day come back to Earth, bringing with her the return of the utopian Golden Age of which she was the ambassador.” Wikipedia).
Queen Elizabeth became poetically identified in literature with the celestial virgin as the virgin Queen reigning over a new Golden Age.
In Hymns to Astraea (1599) John Davies characterized Gloriana’s rule as captivating her subjects with an authority based on honor and “straight rule”

B y this straight Rule she rectifies
E ach thought that in her hart doth rise;
T his is her clearer true mirror,
H er looking glass, wherein she spies
A ll forms of Truth and Error

She could have been a feminine leader in matriarchal times that exerted power with justice and then was persecuted and imprisoned in patriarchal vandalic times (Astraea conjunct Jupiter in Sag conjunct Lilith and SN Jupiter, SN Vesta and Uranus; semisquare Pluto and opposite Mars; inconjunct Saturn conjunct Uranus, novile DML).
The Grand Trine with NN in 8th house and RL in Aries conjunct SN Chiron reflects the intention of reparation of these leadership wounds, as well as the Soul’s power abuses, in a just and fair exercise of power and cutting away false patriarchal roles and distortions and reclaiming its natural healthy expression.

THE VIRGIN QUEEN

Thus, sacred Virgin, Muse of chastity,
This difference is betwixt the Moone and thee:
Shee shines by Night, but thou by Day do’st shine:
Shee monthly changeth; thou dost nere decline:
Yet neither Sun, nor Moone, thou canst be named,
Because thy light hath both their beauties shamed:
Then, since an heavenly Name doth thee befall,
Thou Virgo art ( if any sine at all)
   Richard Banfield, Cynthia,(1595)

I was trying to correlate virginity in her life and chart according to the two meanings of this concept, which apparently were present in Queen Elizabeth’s Soul and epochal spirit.
The classical concept of virginity is unmarried, and the virgin goddesses (with which she was associated by the poets, and that her asteroids reflect) refer to the aspect/s of the feminine soul that is “whole in itself”, not needing relationships to be, that doesn’t belong to anyone; that Soul’s aspect that follows its own internal values and truth. (Renaissance’s art and thought was a return to classical concepts).  
In a Christian sense virginity means chastity.
It seems that she was playing with this double sense when referring to herself as a virgin, and with regard to her image (Moon in 3rd house, Vesta in Gemini conjunct Pallas).

Both concepts are interrelated in her chart.
With Venus in Libra, and SN of Venus and Mars balsamic conjunct in Libra, the Soul has already been learning to balance its need for independence with the need to be in relationship, and strives toward role equality and interchangeability. It has already desired to unite the inner male and female through sexual role equality, and has been learning to honor its own needs, not just the needs of the partner.
The Soul has tried to embrace Aries polarity, but wounds and trauma remained related to patriarchal violence and repression (Venus opposite Chiron conjunct Amazone in Aries, which is T- square Juno in Cap conj. Ascendant and SN Saturn and Pluto opposite Uranus conjunct Saturn in 7th house)
In this lifetime the Soul was still balancing its inner male/female embracing Aries polarity and integrating it through Resolution Lilith.
In addition, Venus/Mars FQP phase correlates with the need to establish and make real the new patterns, but at the same time the fear of sliding back into old patterns seems to have been very intense; the Soul strives to complete its resolution in this secondary life before the trine.
On the other hand, Venus DP trine Pluto, 4º separative, reflects that the ongoing process of socialization of the evolutionary purpose is advanced and she clearly understands how society works, and how to establish her individualized social purpose within it without provoking reactions because of society’s feeling of challenge or threat.
This allowed her to use the double meaning of virginity, or to referring to her virginity instead of celibacy. This duality seems also reflect the cusp between consensus and individuated stage, she actualized her self-completeness   (individuated trait) but presented it under the manifestation of the chastity that the social consensus valuated.
In any case, bringing the prescription of feminine virtue into the political arena, literally and metaphorically, was particularly problematic for the feminine ruler
In Elizabeth’s time female “virginity” was in high valuation. In Renaissance, men have attempted to construct women gender as “chaste, silent and obedient”. Silent an obedient was she not, however studies on gender in her epoch, based on her pictures, found that “she beareth two “persons”, the one of a most royal Queene or Empresse, the other of a vertuos and beautiful Lady”
Young women were advised that “a virtuous demeanour & honest behaviour, would be a more sightier ornament “, and women must cultivate and present a spiritual face. In the light of these stringent and moral discourses, Elizabeth’s self presentation as the ‘ornament of her age’ required a delicate balance (Venus in Libra ruler 4th house and Moon in 3rd) designed both to dazzle her populace with the pomp considered essential to a Renaissance monarch, and to reassure them of her feminine virtue and wisdom.
Elizabeth found a way to synthesize both aspects of virginity (at least in her public image): supported in her “chastity” she was able to exert her right to not marry as her range and function required, and uniting in this sense feminine wholeness with “masculine” rights and authority.
Her identity could be balanced between public and private, she had the power and ability to understand how society works and how to establish her own individualized social purpose within it as well as actualizing her special destiny of a higher individualized nature for which the Soul created “fated “events.(Venus in Libra in 9th house sextile Metis , ruler 4th house DP trine Pluto in 1st house and ruler 10th , Venus biseptile Vesta).
The FP phase inconjunct between her Moon in 3rd house and its ruler Venus in Libra in 9th house contributed to the clarification and awareness of social limitations, of what society required from her in order to express the Soul’s social purpose; intelligent social humility changed operation forms and could purify prior power abuses (Moon FP inconjunct Venus, and FQP square Pluto that is opposite Saturn ruled by Moon).  

Virginity as wholeness
Lilith in Sag conjunct SN Vesta in 11th house conjunct SN Uranus and Astraea inconjunct Saturn in 7th house reflect that the Soul is picking up its original natural femininity not dependent from men or patriarchal patterns.
In addition, “In [Vesta’s] original nature. . .Being a virgin meant that she was whole and complete unto herself , self-contained, self possessed, and self fulfilled. A virgin, therefore, was not barren, but especially fertile as in virgin forest that has not been violated or depleted.”  However, “When Vesta is stressfully aspected. . . Alienation may be experienced until the individual learns to manifest a healthy focus on self and an ability to stand alone, when appropriate, with a sense of inner strength” (Demetra George, pp. 128/129).
There is a Grand Cross formed by SN Vesta conjunct its ruler Jupiter , SN Jupiter, and Lilith  opposite Vesta  squaring Sun opposite Neptune conjunct Amazone and Chiron conjunct R.L.

Dedication to work and sacrifice
“I have already joined myself in marriage to a husband, namely the kingdom of England.”
Vesta in 6th house suggests a sense of self related to dedication to work, and to efficient functioning. This focus in the task, in service, implies the need to withdraw one’s attention from other areas of life, and the sacrifices needed in order to follow the self-imposed path (Vesta square Neptune sextile NN in Leo in 8th house).This sacrifices frequently include giving up family, children, etc.
In addition, with Vesta conjunct Mars which is sesquiquadrate FQP Pluto, its concentration power is focused in aligning the ego with the social environment in order to make real the evolutionary patterns the Soul intended at the NP conjunction.
In addition, asteroid Artemis is in 0º 2’ Leo in 7th house opposite Pluto, square Moon and semisextile Pallas and Vesta in 6th house and conjunct Metis, and when Artemis archetype is strong in a feminine psyche woman’s  withdraw from relationships in order to attain some individual goal is frequently required. Artemis inconjunct SN and SN Sophia suggests a similar crisis in former lives.

Fear of intimacy and commitment
Vesta also shows her emotional problems related to father-mother problems and attitudes.
With Vesta square Sun in 8th house, the inner fear and lack of trust is projected outward, and the father’s behavior with women becomes a hook to the soul’s projection onto men, with a fear of intimacy and commitment.  
Social humiliation as reaction to the willful assertion of the ego is needed in this phase and is reflected in 6th house Vesta’s conjunction Mars in 5th house (individual ego as child) square Sun (father, and other masculine figures as Seymour) and semisquare Moon. Moon LQP septile Uranus conjunct Saturn in 7th house correlates with trauma and shame for her mother’s execution accused of witchcraft (Moon opposite DML)because her father needed a male heir, and her being denied acknowledgment as legitimate daughter, having been considered bastard because her parent’s marriage was not acknowledged, and because she was a girl. As her brave and courageous mother - Anne Boleyn - said: “If I gave the King a son, he would not be a bastard”.

Vesta balsamic semisquare Moon reflects alienation from emotional needs (also Saturn conjunct Uranus in Cancer) and a consequent fear of intimacy and commitment to family ties, which hinder the possibility of an emotional union, which evolution requires. The balsamic semisquare also reflects the crisis based on the accelerated mutation of the personal and cultural past, and on a conflict between desires and needs. While required to fulfill her duties, she wants to withdraw in order to become aware of the new seeds or impulses relative to a new evolutionary cycle of development. “The key is to do both, and to follow these contrasting rhythms as best as possible when they occur. “(JWG) She did both, her way, as always.
There is an overlapping between a balsamic phase and new cycle of relationships and sexual values in SN Venus and Mars balsamic conjunction, Mars  balsamic conjunct Vesta, and Saturn NP conjunction Uranus , 2nd house ruler , in 7th house in Cancer.

It was said that Elizabeth had a dim view of romantic love based on her father’s behavior with women, and that is seen in her T-square Venus opposite Neptune conjunct Chiron square Juno conjunct Ascendant in Cap conjunct SN Saturn and Pluto, also in her SN Venus and Mars balsamic conjunction in Libra inconjunct Neptune conjunct Chiron.
In addition, Juno opposite Uranus conjunct Saturn also reflects conflicts between a need for personal freedom and relationship demands, as well as fears of confinement and restrictions based on past emotional trauma and repression. The Soul is throwing off these patterns of repression and alienation in order to achieve a committed relationship in which its individuality could be acknowledged and supported while maintaining a loving bond. It was not possible in this life.

Sexual problems as possible cause of celibacy
The Soul has already lived a natural, free sexuality that was repressed, persecuted and condemned by manmade patriarchal laws (SN in 2nd house in Aquarius, inconjunct Uranus conjunct Saturn and SN Venus and Mars in Libra in 9th opposite Chiron SN in Aries; Uranus SN conjunct Vesta in Sag in 11th, which is conjunct Lilith in Sag and trine R.L. in Aries)
I wonder if the Soul was victim of the cruel practices that occurred during the transition from matriarchy to patriarchy, even a slow ant tortuous live burial for having broken the vow of chastity.( Vesta opposition Lilith conjunct Jupiter in Sag, sesquiquadrate DML in Scorpio in 9th house, DML sextile SN Pluto and Saturn conjunct Juno and semisquare Lilith.)
All this may be cause of deep and intensified sexual fear.
In addition, Venus opposition Pluto suggests difficulties with the “dark” aspects of relationships, as passion and sexuality, as well as a need of throwing off violence, competence and power struggles in relationships, whose wounds are also reflected in the T-square between Chiron and Juno in Cap conjunct Ascendant and SN Saturn and Pluto opposite Uranus ( SN and 2nd house ruler)conjunct Saturn.
Another cause is learned guilt for having affirmed the Soul’s truth and self –reliance (Vesta in 6th house opposite Lilith in Sag inconjunct DML opposite Moon in Taurus), as well as trauma and guilt related to sexuality (Moon trine and DML sextile Juno in Cap conjunct SN Saturn and Pluto and opposite Uranus).
Sexual abuse, in former lives and when a teen ager could also create sexual problems. (Mars in 5th house sesquisquare Pluto, Uranus, ruler 2nd house inconjunct SN, Persephone in Scorpio inconjunct Vesta, square SN, DML in Scorpio opposite Moon in Taurus).
When she was 14 years old, Thomas Seymour, Katharine Parr’s husband, began to visit her bedchamber early in the mornings to romp in the bed with her. What exactly happened between Elizabeth and Seymour remained a “mystery”, but certainly Seymour's interest in Elizabeth became blatantly sexual. Elizabeth would reputedly rise early so that when he came to her bedchamber in the mornings she would already be up and dressed. Matters came to a head when Elizabeth was reputedly found alone with him, and Katherine decided that she had to leave the household.
 Although it is not historically considered sexual abuse, how could it be experienced in a teenager’s psyche and sexuality in XVI century? And even today. . .  

In her private experience, I believe she was a virgin in the sense of wholeness (also Vesta conjunct Pallas in 6th house opposite Lilith in Sag in 12th conjunct SN Vesta, square Amazone in 2nd house and opposite Astraea in Sag in 11th house, Pluto in Aquarius in 1st house, SN in 2nd house, both ruled by Uranus conjunct Saturn in 7th).
On the other hand, not marrying was linked to the need of not submitting to men’s will or domination (“ There has to be only a mistress here, not a master”), to  embracing Aries polarity and integrating it through Resolution Lilith as a way to complete the inner male/female balance without sliding back into old patterns; thus culminating  a relationship cycle of dependence, projections and trauma in order to begin a new cycle of equality in relationships based on her creative actualization and acknowledgment of power, hers and other’s (Venus in Libra wide New conjunction Sun in 8th house).    

I didn’t consider her chastity from an EA point of view. Relative to historical considerations I suspect there was much gossip regarding her sexuality (Uranus square Mercury conjunct Lucifer, Moon in 3rd house opposite DML in Scorpio), and that what we know from her and her mother has much of history, as Jeffrey named it.

Thanks Rad for this choice and your feedback.
God Bless
Mirta
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2012, 02:29 PM by mirta » Logged
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« Reply #242 on: Mar 13, 2012, 04:03 PM »

Hi Rad, and group

Here's my succint analysis outlining some of the dynamics reflected in Queen Elizabeth's main evolutionary axis.
Thank you so much ...

God Bless,

Gonzalo

Pluto in the 1st House Aquarius, relative to the 3rd stage Consensus, reflects intense instinctual desires to have social power and to control the environment to have those desires met. Because of the degree of knowledge about the system gained at this stage, united with the intensity of the desires for social power and control that have fueled evolution along the consensus stages, Pluto in the 1st House Aquarius reflects a feeling of being destined to rule, to become a social leader at a very large scale. Pluto is also the ruler of the 10th House cusp in Scorpio, reflecting the concentration of the desires for such type of power, and the level of identification with the social role, ie. the embodiment of social authority in which her own body becomes the body politic.

Because Pluto is in Aquarius, the desires to embody political power has been triggered in past lifetimes though the vehicle of collective events involving social transformation, changes in social structures, revolts and revolutions, all types of changes in conditions, and also events in which the survival of the group has been threatened by natural forces. Also lifetimes in connection with the social need to realign with natural law that has dictated the need for these types of cataclysmic events, ie. societies that have been dominated by reduced groups of families defined by self-interested desires for increasing power and control, which have been influenced by evil through this type of desires. In these scenarios Elizabeth’s instinctual response has been hold power of collective nature, either in support of existing power probably most times, and in some cases representing and aligning with a group within social order that was creating a change or was simply a part of the changing conditions of in the existing structures, with changes occurring through events such as in invasions, wars, or religious upheavals, revolts, discoveries, inventions (including changes in military technology). Because her Soul have been projected upon with collective desires and needs by a group, she has been invested with this power which she has held self-centeredly but same time ‘on behalf’ of the people in some way. It is interesting that the inner duplicity that is manifesting because of the Soul approaching the 1st stage Individuated is implied in the theory of the dual nature of the sovereign’s body, which she ‘updated’, in which she preserves an inner self which is different from the social role. The response of representing the dominating powers within the conflicts is reflected in Pluto 1st House, 10th House Scorpio, Pluto being in Aquarius within the Consensus, ie. conservative, and the Pluto polarity point being Leo. The response of holding power belonging to oppressed or to minor groups is reflected in Pluto being Aquarius, and also Rx, the Pluto polarity point being in the 7th House, ie. extremes, and it has been occurred many times because of changes in conditions, in which the existing order has lost its prior balance of powers or has become fractured  in some way. In some cases this could also occur in contexts in which there have been desires for social power and authority in diverse competing or fighting groups, and leaders, each of them desiring to be in a superior position through becoming a king or emperor. In some lifetimes she would have belonged to people who were invading and expanding or moving into other lands, within processes which were changing the existing structures, and in which her Soul would instinctually hold and invest herself with some of the existing social powers, ie., the power projected on her by some of the groups in whatever side of the conflict.

By itself this creates a paradox, because her Soul has its own desires for personal power, and the same time she perceives this power as a social external phenomenon, and thus is utterly dependent on others -Pluto 1st House, S.Node 2nd House Aquarius, planetary ruler Uranus in the 7th House. This implies a detachment from the own desire nature, which are then re-enacted via projection in the group of support, or the body politic. The detachment has been induced because of the said types of traumas, and other types of trauma. It is further becoming intensified as an inner dynamic because of preparing to transition to 1st stage Individuated. It creates also an inner alienation, because she defines herself as holding a power that is alien, and she would lose her investment and meaning if she didn’t have the external support, or whenever she would make the inner connection or have the awareness of herself having desires for power for personal reasons.

The dependency on external support also connects with a dynamic of looking for advice from other people-these same symbols, and also Venus/Mercury in the 9th House Libra- Given her Soul is preparing to transition to Individuated, she would seek the advice of men belonging to the consensus of her society, and also the advice of men not belonging to the consensus.

Because of the concentration of desires for social leadership, she would be born through families holding social or military power, families whose members would be competing and struggling for that power, and in which each member represents a potential ally and at same time a potential enemy, depending on varying circumstances and distribution of forces within the family and within the ‘body politic’. Growing up in such families would require an utter concealment of any inner orientations that could diverge from the ideologies and interests of those providing immediate ‘care’ and support. Thus, creating an appearance of conformity to those ideologies, agendas  or interests. This is reflected in Pluto being opposed by Saturn in the 7th House Cancer, which is ruled by the Moon in the 3rd House, Taurus, in turn ruled by the 9th House Venus in Libra; also Uranus being the Aquarius Pluto ruler, being in the 7th House Cancer, conjunct Saturn, and Uranus/Saturn being squared by Mercury which rules the N.Node planetary ruler, the Sun, in intercepted Virgo in the 8th House, which trines the 1st House Pluto, and is opposed by Neptune in intercepted Pisces; further, Jupiter in the 12th House ruling the 11th and 12th Houses, being inconjunct the Uranus/Saturn conjunction in the 7th House. These symbols reflect the plots and intrigues within family relationships and marriages, in which alliances are subject to the changing political scenarios and are no guarantee for any stable order. They also reflect the use of devious means in order to obtain control or to eliminate opposing forces or individuals within the family, the extended family, or beyond. This orientation to power is reflective of modern politics and the emerging idea of modern democracy, in which the individual desires for power need to be rationalized and projected on people in order to gain support of the individual power and position, because the people could give their support to someone else, ie. increased population of people who are becoming aware of their collective power, which will lead to a series of revolutions in the centuries to come, and to the king’s power becoming progressively limited by parliament, etc. Thus, the need of the sovereign to become an extension or an icon representing the dominating social values and desires, and further, needing to create a public image of self which serves for people to project their ideals, values and desires. And of course then using the received power in ways that are intended to preserve such power at all costs, including ongoing conspiracies and plots, wars, persecution, secret police, torture, and so on. By these mottos Elizabeth was able to define and present herself as Catholic because of her need to preserve protection from her sister Mary, but afterwards defining herself as a Protestant who would be tolerant with Catholics, then becoming the head of the national church and persecuting Catholics and Puritans, depending the convenience of circumstances for the desires to gain and concentrate power.

The ongoing dependency of personal status and privilege on external support of the people, ie. groups of peoples that are becoming progressively fractured and independent from the power of their lords, and that will form new identity associations between them based on their changing conditions and status, has induced being born in family environments in which support and survival was also dependent on approval by those in power, and whose power was changing, this requiring an extreme astuteness and secrecy of the own aspirations. Thus creating an image of self which is like a blank screen, undefined enough, silent enough, for different individuals to project their own fantasies, ideals and beliefs: Uranus/Saturn ruled by the Moon in the 3rd House, squaring Pluto, sesquisquare Jupiter in the 12th House. This Jupiter/Moon aspect being within the Gibbous phase and Pluto being Gibbous too with respect to Uranus/Saturn in the 7th House would imply that the adopted conformity would be inwardly experienced as a humiliation of personal will, and would induce desires to humiliate back those to whom the Soul has conformed, at the point where power has been secured.

The need for external advice has attracted to her men like John Dee, who was an astrologer and mathematician. John Dee was in turn dependent on the advice of others, and was fooled by his own adviser Edward Kelley, and/or some of the spirits or beings that Kelly helped him to contact and communicate with. Dee had his natal Uranus conjunct his S.Node in the 7th House Gemini, with Neptune in the 3rd House squaring the nodes, relative to his Pluto rx in his natal 2nd House Capricorn. It seems to me his Soul was in the 3rd stage Individuated state. He was quite obsessed by the idea of gaining special or secret knowledge and power based on such knowledge, and attempted to obtain such means through contacting with beings in other realms … which, in turn, he felt he needed to do with the help of someone having more ability to make this contacts …. he also was willing to provide advice to kings and people in power for their own mundane concerns, in order to obtain support for his investigations. Thus, John Dee was an advisor and promoter of England´s naval expansion and colonialism in America. It seems clear that Dee was fooled by Kelley, who even convinced Dee to share his wife with him … It appears that within his inquiries with the supernatural Dee became attracted to some forms of black magic, and/or tried to contact evil spirits or beings. It is quite possible that Dee had desires for wealth (Pluto 2nd House), and his assistant Kelley claimed he was able to transmute base metals into gold. Dee’s Jupiter/Mercury are conjunct Elizabeth’s Uranus in her 7th House.  It appears that the relationship between Elizabeth and John Dee was quite close.

“When Elizabeth took the throne in 1558, Dee became her trusted advisor on astrological and scientific matters, choosing Elizabeth's coronation date himself. From the 1550s through the 1570s, he served as an advisor to England's voyages of discovery, providing technical assistance in navigation and ideological backing in the creation of a "British Empire", a term that he was the first to use” (quote from wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Dee)

“An impartial study of the history of the times must lead us to conclude that the relationship between Elizabeth and the astrologer, mathematician and alchemist John Dee was a life-long event. “

“Elizabeth was also a student of natural and hermetic magic, and when Dee published in 1564 his enigmatic treatise on symbolic language, the Monas Hieroglyphica, Elizabeth was engaged in private discussions with Dee regarding its secretive, arcane meaning. There is thought to be considerable occult and magical meaning contained in its pages, and which Dee insisted on explaining personally to Elizabeth shortly after its publication.” (quotes from: http://elizabethsastrologer.ash.com/elizabethanddee.html)

Because of Elizabeth alienation from the own nature because of having her power depending on external support and validation, and the dynamics linked with needing advice, it seems possible that she acted as a vehicle for different types of forces to manifest through her government of which she was not consciously aware. Within this forces, it seems possible to me that she may have been influenced by other types of beings through the manipulation of magical or occult symbols, and performing secret rituals with the intention of accomplishing defined intentions, and to control opposing forces. This would be reflected in the N.Node being in the 8th House Leo, ruled by the Sun in the 8th House intercepted Virgo, which trines Pluto in the 1st House, Pluto being the 10th House ruler.  The intercepted Virgo Sun being the N.Node ruler, with the N.Node being tri-septile to the 1st House Pluto, and the Sun being opposed by Neptune rx in intercepted Pisces, Neptune/Sun being trined and sextiled by Uranus/Saturn in the 7th House, suggests to me receiving the ‘help’ of larger forces in order to achieve and exert power, and this forces would include not only social forces (Saturn) but could also include other types of consciousness’ (Uranus, Neptune).  

The manipulation of the personal image at a symbolic level includes presenting herself as virgin mother-7th House Cancer, Moon in Taurus squaring Pluto within the First Quarter phase, ie., defining herself for others as virginal, motherly and married to the country. Being married to the country is also reflected in Scorpio 10th House, Juno being Capricorn ruled by Saturn in the 7th House. The image of virginity is also indicated by the Virgo Sun in the 8th House, ruling the 8th House, square Jupiter in the 10th House, and ruled by Mercury in the 9th House Libra, and Juno Capricorn trine the Taurus Moon, thus presenting herself as ‘pure’ and not sexual. Even though the sexual nature would be repressed, dehydrated and detached from (Pluto 1st House Aquarius, 1st House Capricorn, S.Node 2nd House also Aquarius, Uranus conjunct Saturn, Scorpio in the 10th House), the sexual nature would be intense and demanding at times, and her Soul would have desires to liberate from the repression (Pluto 1st House, S.Node 2nd House, Mars in the 5th House, south nodes of Mars/Venus square to Pluto). The 3rd House Moon in Taurus reflects the duplicity in the created image of self, and it would seem to me that she would secure secret lovers for her, and would desire to meet them in different places, and she would possibly disguise herself to meet the lovers outside the palace. These relationships would be limited by the requirements of government and politics, and even though she would desire to explore herself in new ways not belonging to the consensus, she would not be willing to evolve through these relationships beyond the parameters and requirements of government. Thus, Robert Dudley lost the queen’s favor because of telling her not to depend on external advisors-an evolutionary intention reflected in the Pluto/Saturn opposition with Saturn in the 7th House.

Pluto rx in the 1st House Aquarius reflects the enactment of an outmoded political idea, the theory of the body politic, it also reflects the Soul´s desires to initiate a new cycle of personal discovery beyond the consensus. Because these desires would be manifesting within Consensus stage-where the Soul is-through forms of political power that are more and more centered on her own personal will, ie. liberating from consensus requirements relating to how to exert the political power, the Pluto polarity point in the 7th House Leo, and the North Node in the 8th House with its planetary ruler also in the 8th House, suggest that evolution from consensus into individuated would require intense confrontations with powerful people inducing an awareness of the limits of personal power, leading to a psychological awareness and objectification of the desires for power existing in first place, which would then create a potential liberation from the need to link personal purpose with social power, and would allow to relate with people on an equal basis, attracting and embracing relationships with others who could empower her ongoing self-discovery and self-knowledge independent of consensus. Liberation of consensus roles would allow an exploration of the sexual nature and desires, in ways that would induce increasing awareness of the emotional and psychological dynamics the Soul repressed and alienated from in the past. Because of this pre-existing alienation and detachment in which the desires for power have been externally projected, rationalized and negotiated, the potential exists that the Soul would feel victimized when confronting larger forces, instead of assuming responsibility for the own desires, which could lead to increasingly intense confrontations and crises of personal power until such objectification and integration occurs.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2012, 09:02 PM by Gonzalo » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #243 on: Mar 14, 2012, 11:52 AM »

Hi Ellen, Steven, Mirta, Gonzalo, Cat and Kristin,

I will start reviewing the work you have all sent in tomorrow: Thursday. Heather and Gray if you still wish to work on Queen Elizabeth's chart please do and send them in when you are ready. I will review them when you do.

God Bless, Rad
Gray

« Reply #244 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:04 PM »

Hi Rad, I have been thinking about Queen Elizabeth I need to do a lot more active writing- I am hoping to get a concise statement out soon. To the others on this thread, I started to look at some of your posts and appreciate all of your work, I am excited to take the time later to read them more in depth but for now need to work on my own! Thank you for your patience, Gray
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #245 on: Mar 15, 2012, 09:58 AM »

Hi Group,

My physical form is not doing so well at the moment so I need to slow down some and let the thing heal. I will try to have all my reviews and comments about your work posted, hopefully, by tomorrow: Friday.

God Bless, Rad
mirta

« Reply #246 on: Mar 15, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Hi Rad,
My prayers are with you. Take care of your health, it's the most important.
Feedback can wait; you always wait for us!
Thanks for letting us know
God Bless you
Mirta
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #247 on: Mar 15, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Hi Rad,

Wishing you well!  Please do not worry about FB.  Just get better!

cat
Steven

« Reply #248 on: Mar 15, 2012, 04:33 PM »

Echoing all this--- feel better soon. You are a treasure.
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #249 on: Mar 15, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Rad,

We all insist that you take all the time you need to recover....and then some.

Take care and get well soon.

Peace and Blessings,

Linda

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #250 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:40 AM »

Hi Ellen,

This is simply a brilliant EA analysis that is as comprehensive as it is extremely well organized, presented, and understood. Your awareness as to the nature of her immediate future lives that will occur because of the nature of the life as Queen Elizabeth is exceptional EA work, and very, very accurate indeed. What a joy for me to experience your own evolution with EA Ellen. You are, in fact, a TRUE SOUL WORKER. Here is what stood out for me although it all stood out for me. This is how EA is meant to be done.

Pluto/Aquarius/1st House
This is a Soul who came into her life feeling that she had a special destiny with regard to the collective.  With Pluto not yet at 1 degree Aquarius and retrograde, she only recently began to emerge from the conditioning of the collective to begin to reflect on herself and society from a more objective perspective.  This Soul is looking within to understand her own uniqueness (especially as it relates to her special destiny) yet also referring back to the social standards and thus conditioning of her experiences.  From this perspective, it could be said that this Soul’s special destiny was that of returning to the consensus (or delaying her exit?) for the purpose of pulling it forward and revolutionizing it.  Because she was still one of the Consensus, the Consensus would have felt a sense of kindredness with her and thus been receptive to the revolutionizing that she brought to the people, as opposed to feeling threatened by it.  For the same reason, she also would have felt a sense of kindredness to the people; with Pluto in Aquarius in the 1st, she was a humanitarian to the core in terms of her identity, thus her oft-stated desire to benefit those over whom she ruled.

Her decision to rule within the context of a group of advisors (good counsel) can also be seen by this signature.  This decision was a departure from former ways of ruling and considered to be a more enlightened way of governing.  It should be noted, however, that her very Soul seemed to understand its own identity as expressing within a group or collective.  When her trusted advisors began dying, her rule diminished.  When, at the end of her life, her friends began dying, she also died.  Thus, her revolutionizing rule was a direct expression of her very nature, one that valued (2nd house SN) and instinctually identified and joined with a collective of like-minded others.  It seems her very survival (SN 2nd house), metaphorically and literally, depended on it.

Pluto/Aquarius/1st - Mars/Gemini/5th
With Pluto/Mars in a waxing sesquiquadrate relationship, she brought to her life and the throne a reflective intellectualism.  This reflective intellectualism served the needs of the Soul to fulfill the special destiny of benefitting the people by bringing it forward into a new era.  From the Wikipedia bio she did not appear to be a particularly adept military leader or a monarch with much desire to engage at this level, though the times required attention to this sphere.  The Pluto/Mars sesquiquadrate signature in air signs would indicate that this Soul preferred to focus on more intellectually enlightened, generous (5th house) and humanitarian pursuits, and that her sense of special destiny lay more in this realm than in the realm of war and victory.

Her decision to not have children and provide an heir to the throne can also be seen in this signature.  With Pluto/Mars in a sesquiquadrate relationship, her energy was turned inward, reflecting rather than giving forth or producing/creating.  With Mars in Gemini, I think part of her reflections would have been on the realities of her experiences as a child in a realm in which siblings were used as pawns in a vying game of power and control (Pluto).  Her instinctual humanitarian nature, I believe, would have resisted perpetuating this reality, leaving her at the very least with mixed or ambivalent feelings about the whole thing.

The Gemini signature suggests a duplicitous nature in this matter – saying one thing, remaining true to another.  Her loyalties (Leo) were certainly challenged on this issue.

At another level, as noted in the Wikipedia biography, she understood that if she were to bear an heir, her own vision for an enlightened society may not have been possible as the presence of an heir would have stirred up factions and intrigue, undermining her rule and vision.  I also wonder if the idea of an heir on some unconscious level threatened her own sense of her unique specialness and thus on that more primal level it was something she felt unable to go forward
with.

Mars/Gemini/5th – Saturn Conjunct Uranus/Cancer/7th
She began to experience the harsh realities within her own family from a very young age, and this seems to have shaped her more enlightened views.  These harsh realities involved sibling betrayal with regard to ascension to the throne, sexual trauma (Pluto/Aquarius/1st, Uranus/Cancer/7th conjunct Saturn) at the hands of her stepparents (Saturn/Caner/7th) and the religious battle for supremacy going on between the Protestant and Catholic churches (Mercury/Libra/9th ruler of Mars).  Her receptive Soul (Pluto retrograde, Pluto/Mars sesquiquadrate relationship) took all this in and shaped it into a policy of enlightened rulership.

Pluto/Aquarius/1st – Venus/Libra/9th
Venus is in a disseminating trine to Pluto.  One can see in this signature both the “Teflon” instinct (Pluto/Aquarius/1st) and the more sensitive, enlightened and romantic nature.  Both of these aspects of her nature worked together to make it possible for her to integrate her vision into the social realm, bringing it along further than it had been.  Because she was herself Consensus, her subjects readily accepted her and her ideas and in turn idealized her and poured their affections onto her.  She in turn seemed to accept these idealizations and affections.  Jupiter, the natural ruler of the 9th, in its own sign and in the 12th house, gives a sense of loyal subjects making her into an icon and she accepting that projection (Pluto/Aquarius).  This mutual affection was an important part of the success of her reign.

SN/Aquarius/2nd
To achieve the Soul desires indicated by the placement of Pluto, this Soul had gone through many lifetimes prior to the current one (SN in balsamic phase to Pluto) in which she moved through a lack of clarity about how to survive (SN only 5 degrees into Aquarius, thus prior Pisces influence given the balsamic phase of SN/Pluto) and in fact probably persecution at the hands of religious authorities (Uranus conjunct Saturn rulership of SN).  In response to these experiences she may have chosen to resist breaking away from the consensus as a means of self-protection and the need to feel a sense of belonging (Consensus stage, and also Saturn conjunction to Uranus), thus aligning with outmoded values.  In other lifetimes she may have rebelled against such authority, championing the rights of the dispossessed majority to which she belonged and possibly losing her own life.  Such past life experience would have given her a talent for understanding the thinking/motivations of those who might seek to undermine her rule.  In other words, in this lifetime, she was drawing on her own deep, past life memories for her understanding and political savvy (specific especially to Pisces/Aquarius but also more generally due to her evolution through Consensus to the 3rd Stage).   So, in terms of Soul experience, I would say that Queen Elizabeth was well-prepared for the political climate into which she was born and the role she was to play within that time.

I believe the issue of inner sexuality is relevant to the evolutionary dynamic of this Soul.  With Pluto/Aquarius/1st house and Mars/Gemini/5th, with Pluto Rx and Mars in Gemini, with Pluto in a very early degree of Aquarius and turning backwards toward Capricorn, with Uranus/Cancer/7th, and the fact that she is still in the Consensus stage of development, it seems to me that part of the inward turning of this Soul is in response to an inner experience of herself in terms of sexuality as bisexual in nature.  (I am not sure if this is correct.  Below I talk about gender switch as likely, which I feel more confident about.)  In addition to being in the Consensus stage, the very times she lived in would have proven an obstacle to coming to understand this aspect of herself .   (The whole notion of “gay identity” only developed in the last century.)  Also, because she was still in the Consensus stage of development, she would have been repressing any inner arisings about this.  Uranus conjunct Saturn also indicates this repression occurring as does, I believe, the location (very early Aquarius) and condition (retrograde, ie, moving back towards Capricorn) of Pluto.  These same signatures, I believe, indicate a gender switch that was contributing to the need for this inner reflection.  She seems to have embodied a masculine authority that others responded to, yet at the same time, she was born female.   From this perspective, relationship could have been an emotionally complex experience because to concede to marriage might have felt to her to give up her inwardly held masculine authority.  So the whole issue of power would have been caught up with the inner psychology associated with this transition from male to female.  So, the outer ambivalence she manifested with regard to relationship can be seen as an outer reflection of a deep inner transition taking place.

Uranus/Cancer/7th – Mars/Gemini/5th
Mars itself is in a balsamic phase to Uranus, thus while the inner reflective process was possible for her during her lifetime as Elizabeth, taking any action in the world would not yet have been possible.  This balsamic condition between Mars/Uranus is an additional explanation as to why she said one thing (I will marry) yet acted another (never marrying).  She was in the reflective process, and thus needing to refrain from action that would have been a playing out of the old, yet she was not yet able to take action in the world from a new place of understanding.  A new structure (Saturn new phase to Uranus) or platform from which to move forward in a new way, had not yet been erected.  She was, essentially, in a dream phase with regard to this issue, and, on the other hand, still beholden to the old ways/expectations (Uranus/Saturn) until the dream phase was complete.  The restrictions she experienced, however, would have fed the dreams of a new future for herself.

PPP/Leo/7th
If it is true that this Soul is at the very beginning stages of transitioning out of the Consensus stage of development, then the conflict she experienced with regard to choosing and committing to a life partner can be seen as reflecting an emerging inner conflict having to do with being her own person and maintaining her hard won independence/individuality vs being absorbed back into the Consensus by conceding to their (political and conventional) desires for her.  Her not giving into the urgings of her political advisors can be seen as the beginnings of a healthy manifestation of the PPP (learning how to take charge of her own destiny), as it relates to her role as Queen.  The fact that the people came to view her single status more and more as a sign of something particularly special about her allowed her to resist the intense political pressure on her to marry and provide an heir.  As her Soul develops, it will to learn to do this on its own, having internalized the inner security to do so.

However, on a personal level, this same decision seems to indicate an unrealized PPP in that her personal desires were not met.  To successfully fulfill her destiny as Queen (and the bringing forward of society to a more enlightened place), she had to forsake herself at a personal level (Sun/Virgo inconjunct SN).  On one level, she took charge of her own destiny by resisting the urgings of her council.  On another, personal level, however, she was unable to take charge of her destiny because to do so would have compromised the fulfillment of her destiny as leader of the people.  (Marrying and bearing children would have resulted in political instability and thus the failure of her reign.)  So in her lifetime it is possible to see the beginnings of the extremes this Soul must experience in order for her to learn to take full charge of her destiny.  It is clear that she has learned how to link her creative purpose to a socially relevant need within the context of a public role and as part of a group (she did not act independently but upon the advice of her council).  In future lives, she will need to navigate the personal level of this signature, making independent decisions, especially with regard to choosing the partner(s) she desires regardless of the opinions and counsel of others.  She will probably need to choose more “ordinary” lives (the less public realm of one-on-one relationships in addition to her Virgo Sun and the crisis sustained as Queen with regard to that) in future incarnations so that her decision to go against the desires of others will not have such consequential impact as it would have in her life as Elizabeth.  She will need lives, in other words, where she will not be required to sacrifice her personal needs/desires for the good of all.

NN/Leo/8th
In order to truly take charge of her own destiny, I feel that this Soul will need to disengage from the “larger than life” roles that she experienced as Elizabeth and engage in more humble roles outside of the eye of the public (Sun/Virgo rulership of NN).  I also believe that she will have to live lives where she begins to face and process through her intense emotional nature (the enduring hatred of the wife of the man she loved, as an example; the quick-temper cited by some historians, per Wikipedia; a kind of ruthlessness that would have been required to retain her throne, as seen in the executions carried out by her order as an example).  As a Soul born into a royal family and in line for the throne, her destiny was in a significant sense decided for her; her job was to survive and show up for the role in terms of bringing forward her ideals as shared with her “good council”.  This role  shielded her from the need to take full responsibility for her emotional reactions, adored as she was by the people, supported as she was by her good council and shielded as she was by the law (which she co-created).  (This can be seen by the past life signatures: Pluto ruled by Uranus/Saturn; Jupiter/Sag inconjunct this; Venus in disseminating trine to Pluto). Thus, again, my feeling that this Soul will need to incarnate out of the public eye so that she can process through the extremes of her raw emotional nature within the context of intimate relationship.  Because the NN is the boomerang point for the Yod involving the SN, Saturn/Uranus and Sun, it is possible that her Soul will flip flop back and forth between more public lives and more publicly anonymous lives until it extinguishes the desire for these types of public experiences and the avoidance they allow in terms of facing her emotional nature and at the same time gains a stronger desire to truly work through her inner emotional dynamics.  The level of attachment (Aquarius) this Soul still feels for the public role will determine the intensity of the process of moving towards lives in which she can fully embrace her emotional nature.

Brilliant EA work Ellen, Bravo !!

God Bless, Rad

As for your question: "Addition: In The Holy Science, Sri Yukteswar indicates 1599 A.D. as the ending of the Kali Yuga in the ascending 12,000 year arc of the Sun’s revolution around the “grand center” (is this the center of the universe? the galactic center?)."

Yes ...........

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #251 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:53 AM »

Hi Kristin,

This analysis is more descriptive of her life, and fitting the astrological symbols in her chart to the description of her life than a causative analysis from an EA point of view. As a result this descriptive analysis does not follow the correct way of doing an EA causative analysis that starts with the natal Pluto, the S.Node of the Moon, the location of it’s planetary ruler, the polarity point for the natal Pluto, the N.Node, and then the location of it’s planetary ruler.

The descriptive correlations to her life by way of the astrological symbols you have used of course is extremely correct. This is not to say that you have not demonstrated in your analysis the natural law of cause and affect, of a past that sets up the moment, and the future because you have to some extent. But this is not the essence of your analysis. EA is all about cause and effect, of how the past leads to each moment, and how that moment sets up the future.

You have done much better EA work in the past Kristin and I do know that the nature of the circumstances in your life at the moment has pretty much lead to, the reasons for, this type of analysis of Queen Elizabeth.

Here is what stood out for me:

Clearly she has had large leadership roles throughout history, Pluto in the 1st house, South Node of Pluto and Saturn conjunct in Capricorn in the first, also conjunct her Capricorn rising, a Scorpio Mid heaven, ruler Pluto in the first in Aquarius, ruler Uranus in Cancer in the 7th conjunct Saturn. Also the asteroid Amazone is conjunct Neptune in Pisces in the second and trines her Saturn and Uranus in Cancer in the 7th and sextiles her Pluto in the 1st.  She was able to attract an effective council and a population of people to join her pursuits and she had a way of opening people’s rigid minds and consider what is best not just for themselves but for all the people of England as a whole. She has always 'inwardly' rebelled against consensus thinking and in government, Elizabeth was more moderate than her father and half-siblings had been. One of her mottoes was "video et taceo" "I see, and say nothing". She would far rather have kept the peace, as Venus, the ruler of her Moon in Taurus in the 3rd is in Libra as well as Mercury, ruler of her Sun is in Libra in the 9th house. However her Libran spirit in combination with her first house Pluto in Aquarius had her fighting for what she believed in tooth and nail never backing down and had always wanted what was fair and just.

She has been fighting the system and the ways of tradition and for her this goes way back in time seen with Mars and Venus conjunct in Libra in her 9th squaring Saturn and Uranus in Cancer in the 7th, ruler of her Pluto and her South Node. She herself has a high degree of unresolved trauma with a South Node in Aquarius and Pluto in Aquarius, being persecuted for her beliefs similar to times as seen in the times during the Inquisition when the Catholics reigned and killed countless Souls, all in the name of God as they waved their flag with the cross prominently placed. Her South Nodes of Mars and Venus are conjunct in Libra in the 9th and square Saturn, the ruler of her South Node of Pluto and Saturn as well as her ascendant, and Uranus, the ruler of her Pluto and South Node. She also has signatures for being be-headed just like her mother Ann Boelyn seen with Mars in Gemini in the 5th opposing Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 12th, but in her case for opposition in faith, religious practices. An example of devastating religious conflicts in history that may relate to Elizabeth’s past connects potentially to the Spanish Inquisition which took place in the time frame of  1478-1834, remembering Elizabeth was born in 1533, perhaps she reincarnated quickly following some unjust persecutions resulting in an early exit, the ruler of her South Node in Aquarius is Uranus in Cancer conjunct Saturn and is inconjunct her South Node as this region is reflected in the Cardinal Axis in her chart - Pluto in the 1st , South Node of Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn, Cap rising, South Nodes of Mars, Venus, and Mercury in Libra, Natal Mercury and Venus in Libra, Saturn and Uranus in Cancer. Also in the life as Elizabeth she feared a Spanish takeover as conflicts with Spain and Ireland were prevalent. It seemed perhaps there was some redemption with the defeat of the the Spanish Armada but for 15 years following until her death the battles with Spain and Ireland dragged on.

“Elizabeth enjoyed the company of men but patriarchal society was probably one of the driving reason's behind Elizabeth's decision not to marry. Since men commanded more authority and respect than women in England, Elizabeth would have become the Queen Consort had she married, essentially losing all of her power”. She wanted ultimate control in her relationships because of all that she felt stripped of in the past, especially by the male race and those that held positions of authority South Node in Aquarius, ruler Uranus conjunct Saturn in the 7th in Cancer. Also South Nodes of Mars and Venus balsalmic in Libra, making a t-square to her South Nodes of Pluto and Saturn in Capricorn/Cap ascendant and her natal Uranus, ruler her South Node and Pluto and Saturn in Cancer. She was tough as nails on the outside but soft as butter on the inside if anyone was fortunate to experience her vulnerability. The rulers of her South Node and Pluto in Aquarius are conjunct in Cancer. She took on the mantle of the Virgin Queen, declaring herself MARRIED TO ENGLAND, North Node in Leo in the 8th, ruler the Sun in Virgo also in the 8th and she was truly metamorphosized in that role. One of the line’s in the movie Elizabeth, the Golden Years, Elizabeth played by Cate Blanchet she said, “I gave England my life, must I also given them my Soul." North Node in Leo in the 8th house, ruler Sun in Virgo in the 8th, squaring Jupiter in the 12th house reflecting in total here the sacrifices she made.

Elizabeth's foreign policy was largely defensive. South Node in the 2nd, ruler Uranus in Cancer in the 7th conjunct Saturn. Also her South Node of Pluto and Saturn are retrograde and conjunct not only eachother but also her ascendent. Only through the activities of her fleets did Elizabeth pursue an aggressive policy. This paid off in the war against Spain, 80% of which was fought at sea.”  In the movie Elizabeth the Golden Years there is a scene that captures her spirit...she is there in front of her army on her horse as they witness the Spanish fleet approaching their shores, she is in full armor with her fair skin and long red wild hair blowing in the wind. The leader shouts, “Soon now we will meet them face to face. I am resolved in the act of battle to live or die amongst you all. When this day of battle is ended we meet again in heaven or on the field of victory.” She was an absolute vision of Pluto in the first house in Aquarius in this scene, ruler Uranus in Cancer conjunct Saturn and North Node of Neptune in the 7th. Also North Node of Leo in the 8th, ruler Sun in Virgo in the 8th house. Though Elizabeth followed a largely defensive foreign policy, her reign raised England's status abroad. "She is only a woman, only mistress of half an island," marveled Pope Sixtus V, "and yet she makes herself feared by Spain, by France, by the Empire, by all". Under Elizabeth, the nation gained a new self-confidence and sense of sovereignty, as Christendom fragmented. She certainly had something to prove and she proved herself well not only to herself but to the male dominated world. A quote in the movie Elizabeth when Dudley is trying to publicly win her affection and calling her “My Elizabeth,” she spins on her heels and says “I AM NO MAN’S ELIZABETH.” “I will have one mistress here and no master.” She herself was her master, she and God.

There is quite a stellium of the North Node planets in her 7th house, re-stating her need to work to establish justice for her people and her role in making this happen in a far reaching, potentially regal or royal way seen with North Nodes of Neptune and Venus in Leo in the 7th, along with her North Node of Pluto, Jupiter and Saturn conjunct her natal Uranus and Saturn in Cancer in the 7th. It feels also however with this sort of signature that she may end up in a marriage or union next time around where she can have a partner of her choosing where her power would not have to be sacrificed in any way and together they would ideally reflect a powerful example of gender equality, her leading the way of course.

One of the great attributes of an Amazon leader his to surround herself with the right people, those she can fully trust. It is the power of delegation and knowing who to place where and in what role that . Elizabeth has Amazon in Pisces conjunct Neptune in the 2nd house and this trines her Saturn and North Node of Saturn in Cancer in the 7th house. Also Her Amazon sextiles Pluto in Aquarius in the 1st house. Saturn is delegation and with her Saturn conjunct Uranus, the ruler of her Pluto an South Node in Aquarius, this contributes to her ability to observe a whole group, Uranus/Aquarius, understanding the individual strengths within that group and being able to appropriately place them in a way that best supports her bottom line.

What I found to be most fascinating of all was that she not only came into power toward the end of the dark and difficult Kali Yuga (her life 1533-1603), the end of the 12,000 year cycle according to Sri Yukteswar was 1599, the Kali Yuga representing a descent into the darkest period of the cycle in history, she did so for 44 years. As the name suggests, Kali, going down into the underworld and then rising up above the ashes. The darkness on this planet during her reign was peaking and she lead England impressively out of the dark and into a relatively more objective light. South Nodes of Pluto and Saturn conjunct in Capricorn on her Ascendant, ruler natal Saturn conjunct Uranus in Cancer in the 7th, Uranus the ruler of her natal Pluto and South Node in Aquarius. Although the female race continues to fight to find their equal place in the world now over 400 years later, as we are still making our way ‘out of the dark’ Elizabeth was a symbolic seed for woman to take back what was exclusively theirs once more. Elizabeth’s Original Lilith is conjunct her 12th house Jupiter in Sagittarius and this trines her Resolution Lilith in Aries in the 3rd house. which I feel was the driving impulse in her to do what ‘her conscience told her to do was right.” She embodied a woman taking back her God given right to be who she is, naturally so, although Elizabeth was still conditioned by culture largely at that time, she also represented a woman who would not submit to a man, her God, her truth and her power were far too sacred. She also moved with the attitude, of “this is who I am, take it or leave it”, also knowing full well how to take care of herself and be a group of one if necessary, Pluto in the 1st in Aquarius, South Node in Aquarius in the 2nd, ruler Uranus in Cancer new phase to Saturn in the 7th house.

You have made a great effort given the nature of your circumstances. Bravo !

God Bless, Rad

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #252 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:59 AM »

Hi Cat,

An excellent EA analysis of Queen Elizabeth that is very well organized utilizing the EA paradigm in the way that it is intended. It is comprehensive, and it is very accurate.

With Pluto Rx in Aq in the 1st House, Elizabeth's prior evolutionary intention and desire was to discover something new and unique about herself. This required having a great deal of freedom and independence in order to initiate and fulfill any desire or experience her soul deemed necessary in order for her to discover who and what she was. She was learning to liberate herself from crystallized and out-moded forms of self-definition that were a reflection of past conditioning patterns that arbitrarily defined her and influenced her behavior and her actions in the past. She was learning to resist being conditioned and defined by the customs of society, her culture, religion and parental influences.  With the SN in Aq in the 2nd House,  she experienced many disappointments, separations, rejection and other emotional shocks in her previous lives which served the purpose of teaching her to look within and identify her own resources in order to become self-reliant and self-sufficient. The SNR is Uranus which is conjunct Saturn in Cancer in the 7th House. The emotional shocks she experienced in the past were mostly related to her family relationships.

Pluto's Polarity Point is in Leo in the 7th House. Elizabeth's current evolutionary intention and desire is to move away from being a loner and learn to form social relationships with other people who can give her recognition and feedback. Uranus and Saturn are in Cancer in the 7th house indicating that her soul worked to develop PPP in prior lives through traumatic experiences and relationships involving family members which served to help her develop an objective awareness of herself and understand herself in a social context. The NN is in Leo ruled by the Sun in Virgo both in the 8th house.  In her current life, Elizabeth's special purpose and function in the world was to serve others by becoming a powerful queen.  She would need to form relationships with powerful political figures who recognized her as special, unique and royal and who were willing to support her.  In order to actualize and fulfill her special destiny, she would experience many cataclysmic events and crises throughout her life in which issues of trust, betrayal, control, manipulation, and domination were key themes.  She would need to learn to discriminate in regard to who she formed relationships with by examining the motives and intentions of those she initiated relationships with.

The SN in Aq in the 2nd House forms a waxing inconjunct with Venus in Libra in the 9th House.  In prior lives Elizabeth rebelled against the status quo and resisted anything which attempted to define her or restrict her freedom of self-expression. She had a deep need to discover and actualize her own personal truth in relation to what constitutes value and meaning in her life and was aware that she had something special to do but did not know how to link it through service to others or the whole.  Pluto is in Aquarius in the 1st House forming a waning sesiquadrate with the Sun in Virgo in the 8th House. The soul's prior evolutionary intention has been to creatively develop a special purpose in life. Crisis situations occur as the soul needs to learn everything there is to learn about cultures, social traditions, customs, norms, rules, laws, regulations and taboos before this special purpose can be actualized and established on society's terms. Elizabeth came into her current life with something very special to accomplish which would lead to a life of relative fame, recognition, and acclaim.

Pluto Rx in Aq in the 1st House is in a first quarter phase trine with Mars in Gemini in the 5th House.  In previous lives Elizabeth was learning to reject consensus conditioning  and to rebel against anything that attempted to define her. The first quarter phase trine indicates that she evolved to a point in which her soul desired to consistently express its power and individuality in its own unique way within the context of daily life.  With Mars in Gemini in the 5th house, she would express her individuality and uniqueness mainly by sharing her ideas and opinions through creative writing and speech, her relationships with her siblings, relatives and romantic partners, and through her special destiny as Queen of England.  Elizabeth was an independent thinker who questioned every accepted opinion and belief established by any authority. She resisted anyone or anything that tried to restrict her in any way especially in regard to her gender. Elizabeth was argumentative and preferred to create her own mental constructions rather than accept those of others. She came across as self-inflated and self-important always expecting others to recognize and acknowledge her as special and important. Her soul chose to be like this because she didn't have any any personal control over her life or destiny in previous lives. Her soul desired to counteract a prior life lack of personal power by creating a life in which soul strengthening could occur.

Pluto in Aquarius in the 1st House forms a waxing square with the Moon in Taurus in the 3rd House. The prior evolutionary intent is to eliminate all external emotional dependencies in order to induce the lesson of internal security.  This aspect promotes difficult emotional experiences with females or mother-type figures who are typically dominant, control oriented people with intense and rigid standards of conduct that they project onto the person with this aspect.  Elizabeth's older half-sister Mary is such a figure. With the Moon in Taurus ruled by Venus in Libra in the 9th house, the source of conflict between them was religion.  Mary was a devout Catholic and Elizabeth a Protestant.

Pluto in Aquarius in the 1st House forms a waning Novile with Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 12th House which rules both her 11th and 12th houses. The prior evolutionary intention has been to develop the intuitive dynamic.  Elizabeth's soul has developed an awareness of universal forces and has desired to understand the principles of natural law and to be spiritually free. Based upon the cumulative effect of past actions, Elizabeth has  developed an understanding of natural law which has served to help her transform the intellectual limitations described by her Mercury in Libra in the 9th house – in other words, precribing to the religious beliefs of other people or society. Intellectual and philosophical confrontations have helped her transcend the limitations of the imposed religious and philosophical orientation of her environment. She instinctually challenges  any doctrine that restricts one's right to experience or understand truth beyond the boundaries of such a doctrine or from a higher perspective. Elizabeth has strong convictions and moral principles that dictate her actions and the courage to be different and resist peer pressure in relation to her religious and spiritual beliefs.

The SN is in Aq in the 2nd House ruled by Uranus which forms a waxing conjunction with  Saturn in Cancer in the 7th House.  In previous lives Elizabeth experienced emotional shocks and trauma through her family relationships. Her parents did not acknowledge that she was a unique individual and support her individuality. She did not relate to her parents as she felt very different from them and alientated from them. This occurred in order to force her in upon herself so she could learn to look within and learn to nurture herself rather than deriving her emotional security from external sources.  Past life childhood experiences caused her to have displaced emotions in adulthood which she projected onto her friends, lovers and past life partners. She experienced problems in her relationships on a cyclic basis as the other people in her life failed to fulfill the emotional demands she projected onto them. This served to throw her in upon herself in order for her to learn to objectively examine the underlying causes of her emotions, moods and feelings and to identify her own resources in order to become self-reliant and self-sufficient.  Subconscious memories of sudden loss or feeling trapped in restrictive relationships in the past have created a core sense of detachment from those she forms relationships with in her current life.   Whenever a relationship becomes too confining or she feels it is too restrictive she rejects the relationship. On an unconscious level she is always looking for a way to exit or escape from relationships as she is afraid of losing her sense of freedom and individuality.   Uranus and Saturn in Cancer in the 7th  house are trine the MC in Scorpio indicating prior life experiences with a powerful and authorative father.  Uranus and Saturn are semi-sextile the NN in Leo in the 8th house indicating a current life intention to be separated from family members who are symbols of power and royalty. Elizabeth's father,  Henry VIII, (Uranus/Saturn trine MC), was a powerful and authoritive king, who had Elizabeth's mother, Queen Anne Boleyn, beheaded, when Elizabeth was barely three years old, declaring her a bastard and sending her to live in isolation from him and other family members in a separate estate.

With PPP in Leo in the 7th House, Elizabeth sought out relationships in which she was the dominant force leading to  unequal situations.  These relationships would end in separation and allow her to maintain her 1st House Pluto prior life orientation towards freedom and independence.  This of course kept her from meeting her current evolutionary needs and desires as she refused to form relationships with another on an equal basis out of a fear that doing so  might interfere with her actualizing and maintaining her special destiny. Over the course of her life, she would seek out relationships only to reject and repel them over and over again.

Excellent EA work Cat. Bravo !

God Bless, Rad

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #253 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:04 AM »

Hi Steven,

Your EA analysis of Queen Elizabeth is excellent to the extent that you have done it. It is not comprehensive but it does cover some of the core archetypal dynamics with her Soul, and why. What you have focused on is very accurate and well done.

Here is what stood our for me:

With Pluto in the angular First House, we can see that a new evolutionary cycle is beginning for this soul, and Elizabeth no doubt intuited this “call to the new” as both a special sense of destiny and a deep desire for independence and freedom.  Yet the active, expressive desire for self-discovery that is reflected by the First House archetype is at odds with the core tendency of Pluto to seek security through familiarity. Pluto’s placement here suggests a pre-existing inner conflict: the soul naturally gravitates to independence, self-discovery and freedom, yet at the same time, Pluto’s presence here shows that the soul has tended to resist the instinctual pull to evolve beyond its current state of development. This is true, I am sure, for all souls, but I feel that this dilemma is emphasized here and gives us a good feel for Elizabeth’s inner psychological landscape: an instinctual push towards independence and newness (Uranus/Aquarius), versus a strong pull to maintain security through traditional structure and order (Saturn/Capricorn).

This push-pull is reflected throughout the chart: Pluto Rx is in Aquarius (barely at 00), which indicates that she has experienced some lifetimes questioning or rebelling against the status quo,  yet the sign on the cusp of the 1st—the ascendant, and her outlook on this life—is cautious, conservative Capricorn.  The SN is also in Aquarius in the 2nd,  yet the ruler of the SN, Uranus in Cancer, is conjunct—Saturn.

The Saturnine influence, especially regarding structure and leadership, seems nearly as strong as her tendency to question or challenge the status quo: Saturn is indeed widely opposite Pluto and this indicates that the soul has been learning lessons relative to external power and authority, and reflects the soul’s need to actualize its own authority within society.  This is echoed by Pluto’s phasal relationship to Mars in full quarter trine, which indicates a soul that is “full of itself” as JWG put it, and whose evolutionary experiences must now be creatively actualized.  Elizabeth seems to have succeeded in actualizing these leadership goals, and in oddly balancing a variety of contradictions in both her character and her governmental style.

In this way, I see much of Elizabeth’s reign as evocative of a very potent old/new, Capricorn/Aquarian split : she was autocrat (Capricorn) as well as forward-thinking ruler dependent on wise council (Aquarius), defender of the (new!) faith as well as private religious populist,  etc. Given her evolutionary status as 3rd stage consensus, this seems a good example of how the Aquarian archetype might likely express through consensus leadership roles.

Yet as successful as most people would agree Elizabeth’s reign to be, it is the cost to her personal life that captures most often the public’s interest. The past-life trauma suggested by her Aquarian SN , by Uranus/Saturn in Cancer in the 7th, by Pluto square her Moon in Taurus and by Chiron square Juno/ASC in opposition to Venus certainly seems to have been re-created and re-experienced in her early life. 

The 3rd house placement of Chiron, and of her Moon squaring Pluto, specifically points to the wounding influence and threat from her siblings, especially her sister Mary. (I assume that this relationship had pre-existing karmic causes. ) Mars in Gemini can also reflect karmic sexual issues with siblings or parents, and the 7th house Uranus/Saturn in Cancer again pinpoints emotional restriction and trauma within the family and/or intimate relationships. With Chiron in Aries, even her very ability to exist, TO BE, has been threatened, and was also threatened in this lifetime from an early age. That Elizabeth managed to develop the strength to rise above these traumatic early-life experiences (and the general tenor of the unstable religious/political climate of her era) is admirable, yet emotional/sexual healing, genuine intimacy and inner self-transformation may well be the focus of future lives (NN in Leo in 8th House).

Venus in Libra gives us some hints as to how the problems from the past may have arisen: the soul has experienced extremes of social isolation and social immersion, and has tended to value itself only in relation to how it was valued by others , and thus all the family traumas and attacks (from both past and current lifetimes) may be said to provide a spur to the soul’s need to develop and assert a strong self-image from within (a phase already in progress, via Pluto in 1st house) and then next learn how to share the self with full honesty and intimacy (NN Leo in 8th).

As further reflections of wounding and emotional challenge, Chiron forms squares with Juno, Pallas Athene and Venus, reflecting ongoing conflicts between creative/intellectual accomplishments and relationship/sexual needs, as well as an essential androgyny and discomfort with standard gender roles.  Pallas’ influence (in the 6th House) should be noted here, as Elizabeth rejected many aspects of traditional womanhood to claim her power as her “father’s daughter” and as an intelligent, strategizing, politician --at the cost of her personal life.  Much of her Virgin Queen persona actually derives from the archetypal virginity of Pallas Athena, a powerful woman in a man’s world, etc.  Another “virgin”, Vesta, joins Pallas in the 6th House as a further signifier of Elizabeth’s dedication to her work and service as leader of her people—at an emotional cost.

Equally, Juno on her Capricorn ascendant is fascinating in its influence: typical interpretations would suggest a need for a traditional, long-term relationship (Capricorn) as the foundation of her life, and for Elizabeth, this proved true, with potential marriage a constant theme in her early reign and then ultimately, with a deep symbolic marriage to her kingdom and to her role as queen--- a marriage both “new/rebellious” and “old/traditional” at the same time.

Excellent EA work Steven. Bravo !

God Bless, Rad

Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #254 on: Mar 16, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Hi Mirta,

Your EA analysis of Queen Elizabeth is excellent work. It is very comprehensive, well organized, and very accurate. Your focusing on the issue of the 'virgin queen' is brilliant work and the EA reasoning you have utilized is very, very correct. Here are the answers to the questions you asked:

"I wonder if in former lives the Soul could be imprisoned because of violations to natural other’s rights in order to obtain material wealth and created trauma to others because of that (SN in 2nd inconjunct Saturn conjunct SN ruler Uranus in 7th, Saturn inconjunct Jupiter in Sag in 12th, Jupiter opposite Mars in 5th house Gemini, Mars sesquiquadrate Pluto in 1st)."

Yes

and ..........

"I wonder if the Soul was victim of the cruel practices that occurred during the transition from matriarchy to patriarchy, even a slow ant tortuous live burial for having broken the vow of chastity.( Vesta opposition Lilith conjunct Jupiter in Sag, sesquiquadrate DML in Scorpio in 9th house, DML sextile SN Pluto and Saturn conjunct Juno and semisquare Lilith.)"

Yes

Pluto in 1st house in Aquarius: The Soul has initiated a new evolutionary cycle, with experimental stages in former lives. With an instinctive feeling of special destiny, it has a strong need and sense of freedom and independence in its process of individual self-discovering; and clearly within the consensus paradigm with regard to society needs and aims, an advanced process of deconditioning in individuality aspects is ongoing:” I regret the unhappiness of princes who are slaves to forms and fettered by caution.”

Liberation from crystallized forms of self definition according to society has already been learned in prior lives. Burying the past is part of the evolutionary intention. (Pluto opposite Saturn, Saturn NP conjunct Pluto’s ruler; PPP conjunct N Saturn and N Vesta).Nevertheless, “The past cannot be cured” (SN Chiron trine NN, sextile SN and inconjunct Sun, Chiron conjunct Neptune opposite Venus, Moon and 4th house ruler).The emotional and physical confrontations in the first part of her life were intended to promote understanding and awareness of where she and others come from. Her fidelity and fundamental identity was with herself. “My Lords, do whatever you wish. As for me, I shall do no otherwise than pleases me.” “I will never be by violence constrained to do anything.”

The evolutionary intention in this lifetime and before was to discover something unique in itself, which created a process of continuous becoming. However, Pluto’s security needs based on which is familiar, as well as the need to know “why” before acting or actualizing a desire still creates identity conflicts.
The Soul already was a clever and wise leader but it’s abuse of power created trauma to other people (Pluto in 1st house opposite Saturn conjunct Uranus in 7th house, SN inconjunct Saturn conjunct Uranus), this abuse of power and trauma could also be exerted in intimate relationships (Saturn conjunct Uranus square Mercury, 5th house ruler, 5th house Mars opposite Jupiter in Sag). In any case, natural guilt resides in the Soul and it’s open, equilibrated and careful government as well as her refusal to be in a relationship in which she couldn’t be with a full hearth reflect that the necessary lessons were in an ongoing process of learning.

With PPP in 7th house in Leo the Soul is learning to involve in relationships in equality, learning to give instead of receiving, and to listen to the other, but assuming command of its destiny, actualizing its goals, future and ideas about itself, leading ideas into action. In order to do it she needed to minimize her security needs and learning to not waiting that others support her goals and strategies. The problems she had during childhood were intended to teach her not having her needs met by another person in order to avoid projections and learning lessons of equality, listening and giving, as well as awareness of intentions, motivations and  other’s needs. They were also an opportunity to actualize the evolutionary need of developing objectivity and detachment from relationships that prevent growing.

SN in 2nd house in Aquarius: The innate sense of self-sufficiency and self reliance was developed as a way to actualize the Soul’s desires and evolutionary intentions of independence, freedom and equality in relationships and a clear and unconditioned individuality (ruler Uranus in 7th NP conjunct Saturn).

The Soul has needed to seclude itself in former lives in order to learn to identify its individual needs, values and capacities, and in the current life it feels attracted to withdrawal in order  to interiorize its consciousness focus (Vesta trine SN and sextile NN in 8th house in Leo), and discover inside its values and needs. Firmly rooted in itself the Soul has learned to identify its essence as different from the phenomenal circumstances and external conditionings.

THE VIRGIN QUEEN

Thus, sacred Virgin, Muse of chastity,
This difference is betwixt the Moone and thee:
Shee shines by Night, but thou by Day do’st shine:
Shee monthly changeth; thou dost nere decline:
Yet neither Sun, nor Moone, thou canst be named,
Because thy light hath both their beauties shamed:
Then, since an heavenly Name doth thee befall,
Thou Virgo art ( if any sine at all)
   Richard Banfield, Cynthia,(1595)

I was trying to correlate virginity in her life and chart according to the two meanings of this concept, which apparently were present in Queen Elizabeth’s Soul and epochal spirit. The classical concept of virginity is unmarried, and the virgin goddesses (with which she was associated by the poets, and that her asteroids reflect) refer to the aspect/s of the feminine soul that is “whole in itself”, not needing relationships to be, that doesn’t belong to anyone; that Soul’s aspect that follows its own internal values and truth. (Renaissance’s art and thought was a return to classical concepts).  In a Christian sense virginity means chastity. It seems that she was playing with this double sense when referring to herself as a virgin, and with regard to her image (Moon in 3rd house, Vesta in Gemini conjunct Pallas).

Both concepts are interrelated in her chart. With Venus in Libra, and SN of Venus and Mars balsamic conjunct in Libra, the Soul has already been learning to balance its need for independence with the need to be in relationship, and strives toward role equality and interchangeability. It has already desired to unite the inner male and female through sexual role equality, and has been learning to honor its own needs, not just the needs of the partner.

The Soul has tried to embrace Aries polarity, but wounds and trauma remained related to patriarchal violence and repression (Venus opposite Chiron conjunct Amazone in Aries, which is T- square Juno in Cap conj. Ascendant and SN Saturn and Pluto opposite Uranus conjunct Saturn in 7th house) In this lifetime the Soul was still balancing its inner male/female embracing Aries polarity and integrating it through Resolution Lilith. In addition, Venus/Mars FQP phase correlates with the need to establish and make real the new patterns, but at the same time the fear of sliding back into old patterns seems to have been very intense; the Soul strives to complete its resolution in this secondary life before the trine. On the other hand, Venus DP trine Pluto, 4º separative, reflects that the ongoing process of socialization of the evolutionary purpose is advanced and she clearly understands how society works, and how to establish her individualized social purpose within it without provoking reactions because of society’s feeling of challenge or threat.

This allowed her to use the double meaning of virginity, or to referring to her virginity instead of celibacy. This duality seems also reflect the cusp between consensus and individuated stage, she actualized her self-completeness   (individuated trait) but presented it under the manifestation of the chastity that the social consensus valuated. In any case, bringing the prescription of feminine virtue into the political arena, literally and metaphorically, as particularly problematic for the feminine ruler

In Elizabeth’s time female “virginity” was in high valuation. In Renaissance, men have attempted to construct women gender as “chaste, silent and obedient”. Silent an obedient was she not, however studies on gender in her epoch, based on her pictures, found that “she beareth two “persons”, the one of a most royal Queene or Empresse, he other of a vertuos and beautiful Lady”. Young women were advised that “a virtuous demeanour & honest behaviour, would be a more sightier ornament “, and women must cultivate and present a spiritual face. In the light of these stringent and moral discourses, Elizabeth’s self presentation as the ‘ornament of her age’ required a delicate balance (Venus in Libra ruler 4th house and Moon in 3rd) designed both to dazzle her populace with the pomp considered essential to a Renaissance monarch, and to reassure them of her feminine virtue and wisdom.

Elizabeth found a way to synthesize both aspects of virginity (at least in her public image): supported in her “chastity” she was able to exert her right to not marry as her range and function required, and uniting in this sense feminine wholeness with “masculine” rights and authority.

Her identity could be balanced between public and private, she had the power and ability to understand how society works and how to establish her own individualized social purpose within it as well as actualizing her special destiny of a higher individualized nature for which the Soul created “fated “events.(Venus in Libra in 9th house sextile Metis , ruler 4th house DP trine Pluto in 1st house and ruler 10th , Venus biseptile Vesta).

The FP phase inconjunct between her Moon in 3rd house and its ruler Venus in Libra in 9th house contributed to the clarification and awareness of social limitations, of what society required from her in order to express the Soul’s social purpose; intelligent social humility changed operation forms and could purify prior power abuses (Moon FP inconjunct Venus, and FQP square Pluto that is opposite Saturn ruled by Moon). 

Virginity as wholeness

Lilith in Sag conjunct SN Vesta in 11th house conjunct SN Uranus and Astraea inconjunct Saturn in 7th house reflect that the Soul is picking up its original natural femininity not dependent from men or patriarchal patterns. In addition, “In [Vesta’s] original nature. . .Being a virgin meant that she was whole and complete unto herself , self-contained, self possessed, and self fulfilled. A virgin, therefore, was not barren, but especially fertile as in virgin forest that has not been violated or depleted.”  However, “When Vesta is stressfully aspected. . . Alienation may be experienced until the individual learns to manifest a healthy focus on self and an ability to stand alone, when appropriate, with a sense of inner strength” (Demetra George, pp. 128/129).

There is a Grand Cross formed by SN Vesta conjunct its ruler Jupiter , SN Jupiter, and Lilith  opposite Vesta  squaring Sun opposite Neptune conjunct Amazone and Chiron conjunct R.L.

Sexual problems as possible cause of celibacy

The Soul has already lived a natural, free sexuality that was repressed, persecuted and condemned by manmade patriarchal laws (SN in 2nd house in Aquarius, inconjunct Uranus conjunct Saturn and SN Venus and Mars in Libra in 9th opposite Chiron SN in Aries; Uranus SN conjunct Vesta in Sag in 11th, which is conjunct Lilith in Sag and trine R.L. in Aries)

I wonder if the Soul was victim of the cruel practices that occurred during the transition from matriarchy to patriarchy, even a slow ant tortuous live burial for having broken the vow of chastity.( Vesta opposition Lilith conjunct Jupiter in Sag, sesquiquadrate DML in Scorpio in 9th house, DML sextile SN Pluto and Saturn conjunct Juno and semisquare Lilith.)

yes

All this may be cause of deep and intensified sexual fear. In addition, Venus opposition Pluto suggests difficulties with the “dark” aspects of relationships, as passion and sexuality, as well as a need of throwing off violence, competence and power struggles in relationships, whose wounds are also reflected in the T-square between Chiron and Juno in Cap conjunct Ascendant and SN Saturn and Pluto opposite Uranus ( SN and 2nd house ruler)conjunct Saturn. Another cause is learned guilt for having affirmed the Soul’s truth and self –reliance (Vesta in 6th house opposite Lilith in Sag inconjunct DML opposite Moon in Taurus), as well as trauma and guilt related to sexuality (Moon trine and DML sextile Juno in Cap conjunct SN Saturn and Pluto and opposite Uranus).

Excellent EA work Mirta. Bravo !!

God Bless, Rad

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: