Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The dating of astrological ages  (Read 557 times)
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« on: Oct 01, 2011, 01:10 PM »

Hi all,

As I understand it, Sri Yuktesewar depicts the age of Virgo (or in the west which uses the vernal equinox as the measuring point, not the autumnal equinox, the age Pisces) as beginning at the lowest point of the kali yuga which was about 500 ad. As he writes in his book Holy Science:

"After 12,000 years, when the Sun goes to the place in its orbit furthest from Brahma (which takes place when the Autumnal Equinox is on the First Point of Libra), the mental abilities of man is so reduced that he cannot grasp anything beyond the gross material creation."

The point of greatest distance from Brahma being the very lowest point on the yuga cycle, IE the lowest arc of Kali yuga. The first point of Libra (or Aries from a vernal equinox point of view) is the very beginning of the age of Virgo (or Pisces from vernal eqinox point of view). According to Sri Yuktesewar the age of Leo (Vernal Aquarius) would actually begin around 2,500 AD.

JWG has taught that the beginning of the Pisces age as 100 BC and that the age of Aquarius begins 2060 AD. So there seems to be a difference in the dating of ages.

Thank you for any clarifications.
God bless,
Ari Moshe
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2011, 06:51 PM »

Hi Ari,

There are a variety of measurements systems that have been in place for along time, East and West, none of which are perfect systems. Even Yukestwar's system has been contested by others in India who have different ways of measuring the Yugas, and the precession of the Equinox's.

There is no way to 'prove' who is right and wrong.

For purposes of EA is really does not matter anyway. JWG used the system he did, which many,many other astrologers have also used, because he did find specific correlations with actual historical phenomena, and the time of that phenomena. An example would be the correlation to the patriarchy from the matriarchy. Additionally, Jesus himself said he was here to usher in a 'new age', the age of Pisces. So it's no mystery that he had Neptune conjunct his S.Node in Scorpio forming trines to all his planets in Pisces. So JWG used a system that correlates with this historical phenomena.

God Bless, Rad
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2011, 07:42 PM by Rad » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2011, 07:46 PM »

Thanks Rad, Yes I can see the historical correlations JWG made very clearly, it does seem to make sense.
Do you know the basis for Yuktesewar's correlations?
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2011, 06:35 AM »

Hi Ari,

I used too, but I have pretty much forgotten now. I think he wrote them in his priceless book "The Holy Science".

God Bless, Rad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video