School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Two beginners questions

Started by spartacus, Jul 27, 2009, 10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spartacus

I have subscribed to the newsletters for a few years now and I have a question about the correspondence courses being offered (a reduction to the $300 range now makes it affordable for this senior citizen (1938)). In today's newsletter Kim Marie is offering the first segment for $300.
On this website, the original 1st section lectures by Mr. Green from 1994 is offered at $333.
For the beginner, is one more advantageous than the other?

Second question: When reading the Pluto chapters that relate to my chart - In a Placidus chart Pluto is in the sixth house with Virgo.
With Aries in the first house, my Pluto is in the fourth house or Cancer.
Interestingly, I find correspondences in both the 4th and 6th houses, more so in the sixth  than in the fourth.
Should I be reading both chapters?

Thank you.

Steve

Quote from: spartacus on Jul 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
I have subscribed to the newsletters for a few years now and I have a question about the correspondence courses being offered (a reduction to the $300 range now makes it affordable for this senior citizen (1938)). In today's newsletter Kim Marie is offering the first segment for $300.
On this website, the original 1st section lectures by Mr. Green from 1994 is offered at $333.
For the beginner, is one more advantageous than the other?

Hi Spartacus

First, welcome to our message board and thanks for signing up.

Our $333 price includes shipping.  I believe Kim's $300 price has an added shipping charge.

In terms of which course to become involved with, you will find the core people on this message board in general partial to the original course, which is why we've brought it back.  It was unavailable for about five years.
   If you liked Jeff Green's Pluto Vol 1 book, you will find the video course offered here is the original teachings, presented by the individual who developed the Evolutionary Astrology paradigm.  He taught it for almost 30 years, and gave 30,000 readings during that time.   
  The school here now is handled by Jeff's daughter Deva, who grew up with EA from birth, and also has a Council of long time Evolutionary Astrologers.   Kim is a long time student of Jeff's who now offers her own version of EA materials.  I can't really tell you which is more appropriate for you.  I can only express my own orientation, which is partial to the approach we offer here.  Beyond that, each prospective student must feel it out and decide for themselves.

QuoteSecond question: When reading the Pluto chapters that relate to my chart - In a Placidus chart Pluto is in the sixth house with Virgo.
With Aries in the first house, my Pluto is in the fourth house or Cancer.
Interestingly, I find correspondences in both the 4th and 6th houses, more so in the sixth  than in the fourth.
Should I be reading both chapters?

First, the recommended house system for EA is Porphyry, not Placidus.  Porphyry is a very old house system that takes the space within each of the 4 quadrants and divides it into 3 equal sections.  3 is very important in EA, representing the trinity of past, present, and future, the essence of the Soul's evolutionary journey.   All astro programs, including Astrodienst, have the Porphyry house system available, but you have to configure them to use Porphyry, as Placidus is typically the default.   In some charts the house placement of key planets can differ between Porphyry and Placidus. 

I'm not clear what you mean by "with Aries in the first house".  Do you mean using the natural zodiac that starts at zero Aries?  That is not a chart that has personal relevance to you thus it would not be correct to look at it that way.

However, with Pluto in Cancer, 4th house Pluto dynamics are an integral part of your nature, as Cancer is associated with house 4.  Pluto in Cancer is your generational Soul signature - all Souls who entered bodies during the 25 years that Pluto was in Cancer share common generational Cancer lessons.  Your individual Pluto signature is the 6th house, which is why you'd feel more closely identified with that archetype.  The 4th house Pluto dynamics are a backdrop that plays out, for you, within the realm of 6th house dynamics.  (The art of EA is gradually learning to synthesize the various archetypes in combination, which comes with practice.)

Feel free to ask further questions if anything wasn't addressed.
Steve

spartacus

Thank you for your response.
In regards to the Aries house system, it is one of the many house system choices in all of my current software: Janus, Kepler, WinStar Express, Solar Fire, and Nova Chart Wheels. Green's Pluto book begins with Aries in the first house and the Aries was the only house system I found to match what was in the book (there may be others). Beginning with 0 degrees Aries my Pluto is in the fourth house. With a Porphyry house system my Pluto is in the seventh house - both still Cancer.
Some theorist claim that the house is more important than the sign - so I am still somewhat confused at the large discrepancy and what I should be paying attention too.

On further reflection of your last paragraph I understand the house/sign associations and I will read both sign and house positions, fourth and seventh. Thank you.

Steve

QuoteGreen's Pluto book begins with Aries in the first house

Hi

You have misinterpreted what is in Pluto Vol. One.  It does not say Pluto in the First House in Aries.  It says Pluto in the first house OR in Aries, meaning Pluto in Aries in whatever house it falls in, or Pluto in the first house.  The meanings of these are the same.  The difference is what I said in my last post, one is a generational signature, the other more personal.

We do not use an Aries house system in EA.  Almost all EA astrologers I know of use Porphyry.  For myself over time Porphyry has proven to be quite accurate, beginning with my own chart.

QuoteSome theorist claim that the house is more important than the sign

I would choose a different way to word that than more important.  I'd say deeper. The house is the baseline energy, which radiates outward.  The first house emanates pure Aries energy.  If a person has Cancer rising, Aries energy is filtered through a Cancer overlay. 

What does Cancer rising, Aries energy filtered through a Cancer coating, feel like?  How does it activate itself?  First, instinctually - 1st house.  Then what?    Much of the art of astrology is learning to synthesize the archetypes.  One must come to a deep grasp of the nature of the archetypes, which happens over time and through practice.

spartacus

Sorry, I missed the OR in the introduction. I will not pursue any more questions about EA at this time. Thank you.