Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sign/house/planet etc. archetypes: How do they differ/work together? Synthesis!  (Read 460 times)
Dav

« on: Jan 12, 2015, 10:43 PM »

For example, on the one hand, there is the first house/ascendant and the sign that it falls in, for example Sagittarius, and then an extension of that, its "facilitator" is Jupiter which possesses it's own sign/house position.

On the other hand, as a part of the same archetype, you have the particular house cusp upon which Aries falls and then the extension of that, the facilitator, Mars in its own sign and house position.

I understand that these all work together to piece together an understanding of how the first house/Aries/Mars archetype plays out the the chart,  but how do they do and what specifically/individually do they represent?

To continue with the example:

Sagittarius on the first house correlates to a somewhat new evolutionary path upon which the soul sets out to explore and discover its place in the world from a cosmological point of view, a wider perspective, having in the past dabbled with the deeper and darkest parts of itself and the world (Scorpio).  This first house archetype is further facilitated by Jupiter, which say falls in the 11th house Libra.  This new evolutionary path is focused on deconditioning itself from patterns created in the past that are no longer useful as a means for the soul to move beyond it's current limitations - these patterns and limitations revolving around the individual's relationships (libra). Also included here would be aspects Jupiter makes to other planets, etc. (Also feel free to correct me if my understanding of these archetypes is incorrect)

After having established the above, how exactly does the role of the cusp upon which Aries falls and hen by extension Mars by house/sign position acts as facilitator?

Aries, falls on the sixth house cusp, so would this perhaps mean a new drive to focus energy on sixth house issues, i.e. Self-refinement, learning developing discernment, self-discipline, being hard one oneself, feelings of inadequacy and self-loathing, all due to this new conscious evolutionary intention to better oneself, in correlation to the placement of Jupiter in Libra.

Then as an extension of the above, Mars in the ninth house - reaffirming the initial placement of Sagittarius on the first house cusp.

Im not sure how all of this pieces together though? How does all of this synthesise into one kind of coherent and structured meaning? And yet how does each facet work differently/independently?

Thank you.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2015, 10:52 PM by TempuraNostril » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2015, 09:01 AM »

Hi,

First, there is nothing that is independent and working all by itself in a birth chart. Everything symbolized in a birth chart is a functional whole that reflects the ongoing evolutionary intentions and karma of any given Soul.

Thus, relative to your questions, it is first essential to understand the evolutionary paradigm in any given chart that then serves as the foundation within that chart upon and through which all the symbols in the total birth chart are related, and correctly understood. The evolutionary paradigm is the individual 'context' through which to understand all the symbols in any given birth chart.

Archetypes have a spectrum of possibilities within the totality of the archetypes themselves. To understand the evolutionary context is thus to understand the specific prism within that totality of the archetypes that the Soul is choosing to focus upon for it's evolutionary needs.

So in your example of a Sagittarius Ascendant, the location of it's planetary ruler, aspects to it, the house that Aries is on, and the location of it's planetary ruler and aspects to it all WORK AS ONE in the individual evolutionary context of the birth chart that supports the evolutionary intentions of the Soul. Aries, in essence, correlates to a new evolutionary cycle of development with the necessary archetypes to actualize it as symbolized in the totality of the example that you have cited.

Please feel free to ask more about this if you so desire.

God Bless, Rad
Piperwast

« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2015, 02:03 AM »

I want everyone to read it. It's quite useful.
Dav

« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2015, 10:11 PM »

Hi,

First, there is nothing that is independent and working all by itself in a birth chart. Everything symbolized in a birth chart is a functional whole that reflects the ongoing evolutionary intentions and karma of any given Soul.

Thus, relative to your questions, it is first essential to understand the evolutionary paradigm in any given chart that then serves as the foundation within that chart upon and through which all the symbols in the total birth chart are related, and correctly understood. The evolutionary paradigm is the individual 'context' through which to understand all the symbols in any given birth chart.

Archetypes have a spectrum of possibilities within the totality of the archetypes themselves. To understand the evolutionary context is thus to understand the specific prism within that totality of the archetypes that the Soul is choosing to focus upon for it's evolutionary needs.

So in your example of a Sagittarius Ascendant, the location of it's planetary ruler, aspects to it, the house that Aries is on, and the location of it's planetary ruler and aspects to it all WORK AS ONE in the individual evolutionary context of the birth chart that supports the evolutionary intentions of the Soul. Aries, in essence, correlates to a new evolutionary cycle of development with the necessary archetypes to actualize it as symbolized in the totality of the example that you have cited.

Please feel free to ask more about this if you so desire.

God Bless, Rad

Thank you for you response (and apologies for the delay in mine).

I guess what I am asking about more is how do you integrate the the sign/house/planet and aspects, etc. so that they work as one?  How do you string it all together?

From what I have read, I have come to the understanding that the sign on a house cusp correlates to how consciousness is orientated (attuned) to that particular area, and that the ruling planet along with its own sign/house placement and aspects, acts as facilitator of these energies and demonstrates how that particular archetype is expressed.

I understand that all these needs to be interwoven within the evolutionary context as symbolised by Pluto and the nodal axis, etc. but I am approaching this question from perspective of understanding how this is all integrated together in the first place.

Thank you again.
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Feb 13, 2015, 08:44 AM »

Dav,

The answer to your question, again, is contained in what I already answered for you. It all starts with the essential understanding of the underlying EA paradigm in any given birth chart. It is from there that all is given the individual context of the Soul that then serves as the foundation upon which the entire chart rests and is interpreted as one WHOLE THAT IS SERVING THE SOUL'S INTENTIONS RELATIVE TO THE UNDERLYING EA PARADIGM.

God Bless, Rad
Dav

« Reply #5 on: Feb 13, 2015, 02:53 PM »

Again, I am not referring to the SPECIFIC MEANING that can only be grasped through an essential understanding of the EA paradigm for any given birth chart to apply an individual context.  I am asking about the METHOD that is used to fuse/synthesise archetypes.

For example how meaning has been given to Saturn in Aries and in a specific house placement in the Saturn thread.
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2015, 10:30 PM »

Hi Dav,

I know what you mean and hope I can explain. What I did is make lists of keywords for each archetype. Then when I had a Planet in a house andv a sign I would copy and paste all of the keywords for both that house and that sign into note pad page. Then I would create word pairs using one keyword from each list. If I found any keywords that did not make sense when paired with keywords from the other list I would eliminate them. Once I narrowed the list down to a set of keywords that made sense together then I would add the next thing which would be the sign and house of a planet that aspects the orginal planet. It's a time consuming exercise but it works.

I don't know if you have Deva Green's book, but she goes into detail about how to put it all together as well. I think she teaches you to think of it all in terms of layers. Again, it's a system that takes time and practice but it works.

In the end there are different ways of doing this but in the end it all comes down to time and practice. It's easier to explain verbally than in writing. Deva does a good job in her book. I used her method and the method I described above - and lots of scrap paper :-)  It's more or less an art but becoming familar with the archetypes, keywords and how to pair them together in ways that make sense helps a great deal.

cat
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2015, 10:38 PM by cat777 » Logged
Dav

« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2015, 02:31 AM »

Hi Cat, thank you very much for your response.  I am definite going to try out your method with the keywords and see how it plays out!  I've read bits and pieces of Deva's book on Google books and at the Theosophical society in town, however was not aware until now that methods of chart interpretation were presented, so I will look into that asap.  Thanks again for your advice. Smiley
cat777
Very Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Feb 15, 2015, 10:30 AM »

Hi Dav,

I think Deva gets into this in the later part of the book. This all takes time but eventually you find you can suddenly do it without referring to anything.  Practice and patience.

Good Luck,
cat

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video