Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question re Sun  (Read 669 times)
Gonzalo
Very Active Member

« on: Mar 19, 2011, 08:32 AM »

Hi Rad, and all

I am sorry I have not been participating in the Forum lately, even though there are several great topics I am very interested in. The reason is that I have been trying to focus in understanding deeply the nature and function of Mercury, in relation to the nature of phenomenal reality, as needed for the book on Mercury I am writing. This has indeed required a lot of work. It is quite fascinating that the fundamentals to really understand the Mercury function-or the thought function- have been misunderstood-or only partially understood-in overall Western thought. At least, this is my impression. And that, instead, the true basis to understand what thought is needs to be found in ancient Eastern thought. I really miss participating at the MB, and interacting with all the Souls here.  Anyway, I have been reading and trying to somehow follow the current topics that are being discussed. So many questions arise in my head that I would like to ask.

One question I have which I would like to ask relates to the Sun, and its connection to prior lifetimes. You said that, given that the Sun correlates to the current life purpose, the symbol of the Sun has no past life implications.

I wonder if the above would be a general principle about the Sun, which would have some ‘exceptions’ determined by other EA principles. I have though these possible exceptions, where the Sun would be connected to prior lifetimes, would be the following:

a) The Sun being conjunct Pluto, or the Sun being in other aspect to Pluto. The relevant chapter of Pluto I refers to some karmic dimensions of these aspects. I suppose that karmic requirements or consequences reflected in the Sun in aspect to Pluto would imply past lives dynamics, which would be reflected in these aspects;

b) The Sun being the facilitator of the South Node in Leo. Since the planetary ruler of the Moon’s South Node correlates to dynamics, experiences, etc., which have served the Soul to actualize the desires and intentions reflected in that South Node, I suppose that the desires and intentions reflected in the South Node in Leo have been actualized in past lives via its planetary ruler, ie. the Sun, by House and Sign;

c) The Sun being in conjunction to the South Node, or in other aspect to the South Node. You said that the Sun square the Nodes does not correlate to ‘skipped steps’, but to prior lives dynamics which have created an imbalance between the South and North Node archetypes, which the Soul needs to address in the current lifetime, in order not to create the situation of ‘skipped steps’. Thus, I suppose that the said prior lives ‘imbalance’ would be reflected not only in the South and North Nodes, but also in the House and Sign position of the Sun.

Is any of this correct?

Thank you so much for your answer.

God Bless,

Gonzalo
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2011, 09:16 AM »

Hi Gonzalo,

It wonderful that you are putting so much energy into planned book on Mercury from an EA point of view. On the other hand we have missed you.

"I am sorry I have not been participating in the Forum lately, even though there are several great topics I am very interested in. The reason is that I have been trying to focus in understanding deeply the nature and function of Mercury, in relation to the nature of phenomenal reality, as needed for the book on Mercury I am writing. This has indeed required a lot of work. It is quite fascinating that the fundamentals to really understand the Mercury function-or the thought function- have been misunderstood-or only partially understood-in overall Western thought. At least, this is my impression. And that, instead, the true basis to understand what thought is needs to be found in ancient Eastern thought. I really miss participating at the MB, and interacting with all the Souls here.  Anyway, I have been reading and trying to somehow follow the current topics that are being discussed. So many questions arise in my head that I would like to ask.

One question I have which I would like to ask relates to the Sun, and its connection to prior lifetimes. You said that, given that the Sun correlates to the current life purpose, the symbol of the Sun has no past life implications.

I wonder if the above would be a general principle about the Sun, which would have some ‘exceptions’ determined by other EA principles. I have though these possible exceptions, where the Sun would be connected to prior lifetimes, would be the following:

a) The Sun being conjunct Pluto, or the Sun being in other aspect to Pluto. The relevant chapter of Pluto I refers to some karmic dimensions of these aspects. I suppose that karmic requirements or consequences reflected in the Sun in aspect to Pluto would imply past lives dynamics, which would be reflected in these aspects;"

Yes, this would be the one exception to the general rule about the Sun. Yet because the Sun does correlate to how the Soul gives the overall EA intentions for it's life a purpose and way of integrating those intentions, the Sun, in this exception it must  then be understood in a two fold way. One is that, as you say, it does correlate to the prior modes of actualization of the Soul's intentions, S.Node, this can then mean that the Soul can be stuck in it's own past in the current life. If so, this of course would not allow for any evolution to occur for the Soul. Thus, the critical importance of the N.Node, the location of it's planetary ruler, and, of course Pluto's polarity point serve the Soul's intent to re-actualize that existing past in new ways so that the Soul can continue to evolve.

b)"The Sun being the facilitator of the South Node in Leo. Since the planetary ruler of the Moon’s South Node correlates to dynamics, experiences, etc., which have served the Soul to actualize the desires and intentions reflected in that South Node, I suppose that the desires and intentions reflected in the South Node in Leo have been actualized in past lives via its planetary ruler, ie. the Sun, by House and Sign;"

Yes.

c)"The Sun being in conjunction to the South Node, or in other aspect to the South Node. You said that the Sun square the Nodes does not correlate to ‘skipped steps’, but to prior lives dynamics which have created an imbalance between the South and North Node archetypes, which the Soul needs to address in the current lifetime, in order not to create the situation of ‘skipped steps’. Thus, I suppose that the said prior lives ‘imbalance’ would be reflected not only in the South and North Nodes, but also in the House and Sign position of the Sun. "

No, the imbalances would be symbolized via the location of the planetary rulers of each of the Nodes, and the aspects to those two specific planets from other planets. In total this imbalance needs to be given a current life purpose, Sun, in order to make the choices leading to a balancing of those existing imbalances so that they do not become 'skipped steps' in the life(s) following the current life.

God Bless, Rad
serban_p

« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2012, 03:50 AM »

Hi Rad,

I was wondering if you could provide some further explanations about the archetypal meaning of a conjunction between the Sun and the South Node.

Given that the Sun’s house and sign position indicate how the current life is integrated and given purpose and the SN shows us the type of egocentric structures that facilitated the evolutionary intentions of the past, what does it mean from an EA perspective to have the Sun conjunct the South Node (just to be clear, I am not asking about the situation where a chart has skipped steps and the South Node is the resolution node, because that would be a more straightforward situation)?

I realize that any conjunctions to the SN indicate that certain dynamics from the past need to be relived, but I am wondering whether there is additional meaning to the fact that such a conjunction involves the Sun. Also, I am thinking that the Sun conjunct SN must mean something more than transmuting the SN to new levels of expression (which would be the case in any situation, whether planets or the Sun are conjunct the SN or not).

If so, what additional information about the current life purpose do we derive from the fact that the Sun is conjunct the South Node?

All the best,

Serban
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Feb 29, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Hi Serban,

I have nothing more to add to the answers I gave to Gonzalo about this. Those answers speak for themselves.

God Bless, Rad
serban_p

« Reply #4 on: Feb 29, 2012, 09:17 AM »

Hi Rad,

I apologize if my question was redundant--I was just hoping you might have some additional advice as to how somebody might go about integrating their current life purpose without, as you say, getting stuck in their own past, other than what you had already written.

All the best,

Serban
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: