Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: THE MAYAN LONG COUNT CALENDAR AND THE END OF THE GREAT CYCLE: 12/21/2012  (Read 1378 times)
Rad
Most Active Member

« on: Mar 14, 2012, 08:32 AM »

Hi All,

I thought it might be interesting and fun to create a thread on the Mayan Long Count Calendar that comes to a cyclic close on December 21, 2012. I am posting three charts. One is for when the current Great Cycle began which is calculated to the on the date of August 14, 3114 B.C.E, the second is for when the cycle ends on December 21, 2012, and a sysnastry chart of these two charts.

Here is a short piece from an article that explains how these dates have been calculated:

The Long Count Calendar

The Mayans designed the Long Count calendar to last approximately 5,125.36 years, a time period they referred to as the Great Cycle [source: Jenkins]. The Long Count calendar is divided into five distinct units:

one day - kin
    20 days - uinal
    360 days - tun
    7,200 days - katun
    144,000 days - baktun

To find the Lon­g Count date that corresponds with any Gregorian date, you'll need to count the days from the beginning of the last Great Cycle. But determining when the last cycle began and matching that up to a Gregorian date is quite a feat.

English anthropologist Sir Eric Thompson looked to the Spanish Inquisition to calculate the Mayan-to-Gregorian date conversion, known as the Thompson Correlation. Events that occurred during the Inquisition were recorded on both the Mayan Long Count calendar and the Gregorian calendar. Scholars then gathered dates that matched on both calendars and compared them to the Dresden Codex, one of four Mayan documents that survived the Inquisition. This codex confirmed the date long thought by Thompson to be the beginning of the current Great Cycle -- Aug. 13, 3114 B.C. [source: Mayan Long Count].

Now that we have the beginning date of the Great Cycle, let's put the Long Count into practice. We'll take a date that's familiar to many Americans: July 20, 1969, the day Apollo 11 landed on the moon. In the Long Count calendar, this date is written as 12.17.15.17.0. You'll notice there are five number places in the date. Reading from left to right, the first place signifies the number of baktuns since the beginning of the Great Cycle. In this case, there have been 12 baktuns, or 1,728,000 days (144,000 x 12) since Aug. 13, 3114 B.C. The second place relates to the number of katuns that have taken place. Then, it continues on to the right with the number of tuns, uinals and kins.

In recent years, as the conclusion of the Long Count calendar approaches on Dec. 21, 2012, doomsday theorists have predicted the worst. That Gregorian date is denoted as 13.0.0.0.0 on the Long Count, signaling the end of the current Great Cycle.

However, Mayan scholars and natives dismiss the apocalyptic theories, noting that end of the calendar would be regarded as a time of celebration, much like modern-day New Year festivities [source: Stevenson]. There are also no Mayan inscriptions or writings that predict the end of the world when the Great Cycle concludes [source: MacDonald].

The most notable event slated for that 2012 winter solstice will happen in the sky. For the first time in around 25,800 years, the sun will align with the center of the Milky Way galaxy [source: Stevenson]. Although the event sounds impressive, astronomers claim that it won't have any effect on the Earth. And with that, the next Great Cycle will quietly begin anew.

Feel free to make any comments that you wish about you think may or many happen, what these may or may not mean, in this thread. From an EA point of view it is certainly interesting that the Great Cycle began with Pluto in Capricorn, and will end with Pluto in Capricorn with the transiting Mars conjuncting the original Pluto/Uranus conjunction in Capricorn for when the Great Cycle began.

God Bless, Rad

* mayancalendarbeginningofgreatcycle.jpg (127.52 KB, 1821x1014 - viewed 91 times.)

* mayancalendarendofgreatcycle.jpg (129.4 KB, 1821x1014 - viewed 79 times.)

* biwheelofmayancalanders.jpg (136.07 KB, 1821x1014 - viewed 73 times.)
shaktidevii

« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:45 PM »

appreciation for this post with much anticipation for how it unfolds. blessings.   
PatriciaW

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2012, 08:41 PM »

What a coincidence :-) I've just spent the last three months with my head in Mayan cosmology. Part on preparation for the Norwac keynote I'm giving on the subject and the other part in fascination.

One thing I want to add to the 'reset of the long count'. Is that the Dec solstice sun is rising in  the dark rift of the Milky Way also ...which is bringing to a close a 26,000 year precession cycle. Since the sun is 1/2 degree wide via the naked eye... the actual Galactic Center conjunction is described by John Major Jenkins as an era spanning 1980-2016. This Great Cycle coinciding also with the Baktun cycle (one Sun or era 5,200 years approx) that is ending is quite extraordinary and truly of Galactic proportions ;-)

Further to this it is calculated by us today that our sun is around 26,000 light years from the Galactic Center...which means that the light reaching us today is exactly 26,000 years old!! Which was the last time the sun conjuncted the Galactic Center. The Maya (Olmec and later Toltec) civilizations conceived of this over 2,200 years ago and marked it out in their monuments and in the long count (which essentially exists , like the Yuga system to mark long cycles of time). 

Also to take into consideration that the Maya conceived of the Galactic Center as simultaneously a place of death and rebirth. Their myths talk about the center being the entry to the underworld , which sits right at the intersection of the ecliptic and the galactic plane (The World Tree also known in many other myths). But surrounding the dark rift is also a bulge of concentrated stars which they also conceived of as a birth canal ( a cosmic vagina). This is why the Dec Solstice sun's conjunction to this point, (as the sun is 'reborn on the solstice) is of such major importance they marked it so meticulously. Further to this...it was only in the 1970's that it was discovered that a 'super massive' Black hole (yes that is the scientific term), resides in the galactic center called Sagittarius A. You can make your own symbolic correlations to what this means.

The Mayan Calendar Long Count 
13 Baktun cycles of 394.52 Gregorian years.
Totaling 5200 years  (5,125.36 to be exact) World Age (Sun) (see Baktun correlations to the Gregorian Calendar at end of post)

The Mayan creation myth (which is what I've been studying) depicts 4 'creations' and five Suns.. The Baktun cycle listed below is the end of the fifth sun era.. ( which is our era). Interesting also to note that if you look back to what was happening around 3,000 BC.. you will find 'according to modern science' the rise of organized civilizations.  Following are some of the events of that time..............

Beginning of the Bronze age – Birth of writing

3000 BC High Civilization begins to appear in Mesopotamia

Early Dynastic Period Sumerians – The wheel, Sciences, bookkeeping, astronomy, astrology, writing.

Unification of Upper and Lower Egypt- 1 st dynasty and later  Pyramids (2500 BC).

Stonehenge 3,200 BC

China Civilization Yang-Shao culture – Pottery

Rise of the Minoan Civilization

Professor Lonnie Thompson – Global Climate change 5200 years ago, Ice Cap Peruvian Andes froze plants suddenly, indicating sudden climate change
Tree rings in UK show driest period
Major changes in Plant Pollen in South America
North Africa shifts from Habitable to dessertification 4,000 BC onwards

Mayan Long Count
  Beginning Date  Aug 11, 3114 BC – End Date Dec 21, 2012
Five World Ages  (Suns)  = One Precession Cycle 26,000 years (25,626.80)

0.0.0.0.0 = 3114 BC
1.0.0.0.0 = 2715 BC
2.0.0.0.0 = 2325 BC
3.0.0.0.0 = 1932 BC
4.0.0.0.0 = 1537 BC
5.0.0.0.0 = 1143 BC
6.0.0.0.0 = 748 BC
7.0.0.0.0 = 354 BC ( Long count conceived)
8.0.0.0.0 = 41 AD (Olmec Tres Zapotes carved 31 BC- Maya 32 BC Chiapa)
9.0.0.0.0 = 435 AD
10.0.0.0.0 = 830 AD (900 AD-1200 AD Mayan Classic period ends)
11.0.0.0.0 = 1224 AD (1517 Spanish arrive)
12.0.0.0.0 = 1618 AD (1600- 1700’s Age of Reason)
13.0.0.0.0 = 2012 AD 

Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2012, 03:39 PM »

Hi Rad,

I decided to approach this as an EA assignment and am doing up basic EA analyses of the charts.  Would it be ok to post these for feedback and as contribution?  Or were you looking for something different?  Also, I don't want to overtax you at this time given your health, so if it IS appropriate to proceed in this way, I will wait to hear back from you as to whether or not to go forward.

Thank you.  Sending light.

Peace,
Ellen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Thank you for your post, Patricia!  Very interesting!

I found this article interesting/helpful with regard to the "dark rift" that you mentioned.

http://2012rising.com/article/the-galactic-alignment-in-2012-part-1

There is a part 2 to this article which I have not yet been able to read as it wouldn't open up on my computer.  But it looks interesting, especially with regard to the Venus/Sun conjunction, and there is a link at the bottom of the above link.

One question:  could you or anyone explain to me the astronomy of the light now reaching our eyes being 26,000 light years old?  What I don't understand specifically is how the Sun being 26,000 light years from the Galactic Center translates into the light we are seeing being 26,000 light years old...... ?  So, like, if the Earth were 26,000 light years from the Sun, I think that would mean the light we were seeing was 26,000 light years old..?  So how does the Sun's distance from the Galactic Center impact the length of time the light takes to get to us?  Astronomy 101 I'm sure, so I appreciate everyone's patience!

Thank you...

Peace,
Ellen
cat777

« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2012, 06:13 PM »

Hi Ellen,

It has to do with the speed of light.  Light travels at a speed of 186, 000 miles a second or 700 million miles an hour.  "Light now reaching our eyes being 26,000 light years old" means the actual light you are seeing now radiated from its source 26,000 light years ago.  That is how long it took to travel from its source to your eyes.  An interesting thing to contemplate on is this - look at any star in the sky.  The light you are seeing was emitted many light years ago.  It is possible that a star you see doesn't even exist anymore!  We are seeing it because light it emitted long ago is still traveling towards us.  Now is that wild or what?  :-)

cat
PatriciaW

« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Hi Ellen, I was not referring to the light of our sun, but any light that emanating from the stars that are clustered around the galactic center. That is a good summary article you linked to :-)

Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2012, 09:11 PM »

Hello everyone,

26,000 years ago was the last Age of Aquarius when our Souls were immersed in the matriarchal principles of caring, sharing and inclusion.

(Mercury Rx conjuncts Uranus on 18th March....Equinox on 19th March....and New Moon Aries 22nd March to carefully set intentions for the year).

Quote from John Major Jenkins:

"The 'energy' field emanates from the Galactic Center and includes the entire electromagnetic/photon field in which our planet exists. There are dimensions of subtlety within this field - the telluric or astral realms - extending beyond the physical forces of science to include spiritual planes of being. If we imagine this field as being similar to the lines of force surrounding a magnet, we can understand that our changing orientation to this field has immediate consequences, and little to do with cause-and-effect transmission of energy between us and the Galactic center. We are, instead in a relationship of resonance with our source, one that connects us deeply within to each other and, in fact, to all other beings in this galaxy."

In the "Beginning of Great Cycle" chart Neptune was in Scorpio conjunct the South Nodes of Pluto, Jupiter and Uranus.  In the "Mayan Calendar" chart Saturn is in Scorpio conjunct the North Node of Chiron.  In this synastry aspect, Saturn and Chiron to reveal karmic lessons, healing and transformation to aspects of deeply entrenched patriarchal patterns.  This ties in to the current Neptune in Scorpio generation, and those with Neptune or other planets in the 1st and 2nd decants of Scorpio.  Scorpio motivates and transforms others.
« Last Edit: Mar 17, 2012, 12:48 AM by Linda » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2012, 06:00 AM »

Hi Rad,

I decided to approach this as an EA assignment and am doing up basic EA analyses of the charts.  Would it be ok to post these for feedback and as contribution?  Or were you looking for something different?  Also, I don't want to overtax you at this time given your health, so if it IS appropriate to proceed in this way, I will wait to hear back from you as to whether or not to go forward.

Thank you.  Sending light.

Peace,
Ellen

Hi Ellen,

It would be fine for you to post your EA observations and thoughts about these charts but I would not want to give my personal feedback about your observations or thoughts. If anyone else does that of course would be fine, and if anyone else wants to post their own observations and/or thoughts about these charts that would also be fine. To me this must all remain in the area of discussion versus any of us judging the right or wrongness of anyone's thoughts or observations about these charts. So go ahead and let yourself do an EA analysis of what you feel and see. That would be great.

God Bless, Rad
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Thanks, Rad.  Will post during the week......

And way cool about Demetra George's lecture!

Peace
Elen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2012, 06:43 PM »

Thank you, Cat and Patricia!  I totally get it now.  I couldn't get my brain off of the Sun........

Peace,
Elen
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2012, 05:43 PM »

Some thoughts on the 3114 BC chart:

Pluto/Capricorn/9th/Rx
The collective Soul, due to restrictive religious beliefs and conditioning, came into this period in a reflective mode.  You could say that there was an alienation from its very Self and this was due to the forceful and traumatizing (Uranus conjunct Pluto and NN skipped step in 11th) suppression of Truth (natural law).  On a deep level, the question that these conditions generated deep within the Soul were, “What is truth and what is not truth?”  However, with emotions suppressed there would not have been a way to access authentic answers to this.  Enforced migrations due to violent incursions (Pluto/Cap/9th, NN in Aries as part of past signature due to skipped step) sent many different people’s into journeys (inner and outer), having to find ways to make due in alien lands within the context of alien cultures and in spartan living conditions.  With Mars/Libra in a Last Quarter Square to Pluto, the people had been enduring extreme conditions, including enforced subservience (6th house) for a considerably long time and, upon entering this new period, were experiencing a profound crisis in consciousness

One of the belief structures that had been evolving in this long lead up to 3114 B.C. would have been the belief structure that minimized feelings.  Emotional denial as a survival strategy (Venus/Cancer skipped step planet), would have been deeply ingrained coming into this time period and this would have been the cause of alienation from Self and from what is true.  Connection with natural awakenings (snake symbolism) would have been suppressed and deemed threatening (I believe the Garden of Eden story was written a couple of millennia into this new time period, articulating this inner state of affairs, but failing to understand its true meaning.  (Saturn, ruler of Pluto is in Leo in the 4th, so, connection with self would have been challenged via emotional suppression/punishment).

Tremendous layers of guilt, both natural and man-made, would have been held deeply within all Souls, giving rise to feelings of entrapment within conditions as they were and a consequent sense of futility that anything could be changed.  The human Soul had really been put to the test during the time leading up to this new cycle, and the cycle itself would prove to be a time in which suppression of feelings and Self would be the basic principles upon which society rested.

Pluto/Capricorn/9th
Uranus/Capricorn/10th
 New Phase Conjunction

An old cycle of trauma has ended and there is now an instinctual response to that.  The need is for complete freedom in response to this experience.  Uranus is in the 10th house and in Capricorn, so the freedom needed is to try out all sorts of new experiments with regard to social organization/structure.  The human Soul is turned inward, numbed from all the trauma, and this makes room for darker forces to manifest, forces that will be conservative in nature.  In other words, the old in terms of the systems and structures that led to experiences of trauma will not be jettisoned.  Rather, instinctual attempts to codify these into form will be the norm and there will be many experiments of one form or another throughout this 5,000 year cycle.  Thus the social mayhem that gave rise to mass trauma will be solidified into social norm, perpetuating the trauma.  The memories of old, egalitarian systems are repressed.  Given that the ultimate foundation of all these experimental systems is emotional repression and trauma, the ultimate viability of any of them is questionable.  Because the human Soul has lost touch with itself and continues in a state of deep trauma, basic human relations must be codified into law (Jupiter/11th/semi-square).  The rule of law itself can be seen as a response to the breakdown of natural social relations.

Pluto/Capricorn/9th
Jupiter/Pisces/11th
Semi-Square

Jupiter, natural ruler of the 9th house, is in Pisces in the 11th, so experiences of trauma as the result of cultural expectations of sacrifice would have been the norm leading up to this period and would continue throughout this period.  With Jupiter in a waxing semi-square to Pluto, it is possible to see the narrowing of choices in terms of belief structures, and with Pluto/Cap/9th, this narrowing reflected the suppressed condition of the Soul and the restrictive belief structures under whose weight the human Soul labored.  Specifically, the narrowing resulted in a distorted focus on sacrifice as an expression of unconditional love.  Because sacrifice, and the victim/martyr – victor mentality it breeds, was a distortion of true unconditional love, the human Soul endured trauma (11th house) and this trauma turned the Soul in on itself (Jupiter Rx and Pluto Rx), searching for truth.  Jesus was the exemplar of the sacrificial model.  Perhaps, given this chart, one way to understand his life is that of offering himself as a mirror for all to see the reality in which they lived.  One such reality was the legal system based in victor-oriented, and thus very biased, judgment.  Another reality was the religious persecution that dominated those times. Clearly, his life was a testament to the tremendous spiritual power of such a way.  Yet, perhaps it is also true that the true meaning of his example was not the example of sacrifice, but the example of (re) union with God, and the life of joy that can be lived when one has released oneself from the mindset of sacrifice; by so powerfully mirroring the reality of sacrifice, judgment and persecution, he afforded all humans the chance to see their reality and thus the possibility of jettisoning this model and realign with Source. 

With Jupiter in Pisces semi-square Pluto/Cap, this 5,000 year cycle would involve efforts to identify and make sole reality one aspect or seed (or a select few) of the human psyche.  The reason for this effort and need would be due to the millennia of trauma the human Soul has endured, the consequent fracturing of the psyche and the intense fear that has been generated due to the extreme levels of persecution of natural relationship with Self, including inner emotional connection.  The effect of all this is the emotionally suppressed state of the human Soul.  Because inner and outer circumstances would not allow for a reconnection with this wounding (and thus the possibility of healing, ie, the possibility of stepping off into the abyss of actual, truthful reality and reconnection with Source), there would be an instinctual drive (new phase) to identify with one aspect of the psyche, separating in nature, and make that “truth”.  This 5,000 year period can thus be seen on one level as a period in which one fantasy after another was latched onto, and thus a period in which separating desires were given full reign.  (And so a positive way of looking at this time period is that it has been a period of intensely exhausting separating desire).  Inevitably, these fantasy realities would disintegrate as they were separating in nature; throughout the course of the 5,000 year period, the human Soul would inevitably travel through periods of intense loss, confusion, disorientation, alienation and disintegration as the results of the choices made with regard to sacrifice (separating in nature) attempted to penetrate consciousness. These periods of disintegration, however, on a collective level could not lead to restoration so long as the emotional body was denied.  The continual rise and fall of nation-states could be seen as one example of this process, the foundation of which and the expectation of which is emotional denial and suppression and the compulsive expectation of conformity and identification with national identity. 

Pluto
Uranus
Jupiter

With Pluto retrograde, conjunct Uranus and semi-square the 11th house Jupiter, the human Soul at this time was in a state of recovery - deeply traumatized and in need of healing.  However, because of the trauma and the resultant psychology of blaming self for the violations that occurred, and thus the tremendous inner guilt and self-persecution, it would be inevitable that healing would not be one of the “seeds” focused on.  Rather, the seeds chosen would be reflective of a reactive and I would even say defeated state; and thus the persistence of mindsets of persecution, blame/judgment, crisis, continued trauma, etc.  As we are now in the balsamic phase of this 5,000 year cycle, it is interesting to note the tremendous blossoming of true emotional healing modalities and the very deep questioning of the very structures (fantasies made real) under which we have lived.  Perhaps the human Soul has finally found a way to gather its strength to do the inner healing work necessary to throw off the past and, at least for now, dream the new future into being.

Retrograde and Direct Motion Planets
Of the 10 main planets, 5 are retrograde, including Pluto/Uranus, Neptune, Jupiter and Mercury.  The Sun and Moon are never retrograde, leaving Venus, Saturn and Mars as the 3 planets in direct motion.  So, in terms of outward expression, the values informing these times were the values of authoritarianism/suppression/restriction and extremes of violence and aggression, all based in a fundamental insecurity (Venus/Cancer). It has been postulated that arid conditions resulting in prolonged desert conditions gave rise to the general marauding and conquering that overtook the human species and thus shaped its psychology into its current distorted form.  Venus/Cancer/3rd reflects this possibility in the sense that arid conditions (3rd house) could have led to the inability to nurture and thus insecurity (Cancer) and a survival-based mentality, giving rise to the gathering of new information so as to formulate new values based on this survival-oriented state of being.  Because each of these planets are involved in the karmic/evolutionary axis, it is this dynamic that would have set up the new 5,000 year period.  The resulting realities of the conditions of violence/aggression/ authoritarianism can be said to be what turned the rest of the human Soul in upon itself, inducing reflection and, significantly, impotence in terms of the ability to assert natural law.  This impotence would give rise to profound layers of self-recrimination that naturally arise from experiences of extreme violence and persecution and the consequent inability to “do what’s right”.  I think this is an extremely important point to consider in terms of understanding the dynamics and the necessary inner work that must be done at this time as we move into the next 5,000 year period.

Pluto/Capricorn/9th
Sun/Cancer/4th
Opposition

The extremes of insecurity in terms of creatively actualizing in the world due to repressive legal and religious structures and beliefs can be seen here.  The repressive conditions did not allow the “listening” for what would truly nurture and thus the repressive conditions resulted in imbalance.  The possibility of harmonizing with one’s inner sense of direction is greatly restricted and/or denied, thus creating tremendous imbalance in the system and in each individual.  The Sun here is showing up the realities of what humanity is forced to reckon with.  And this creates tremendous insecurity in terms of natural law. 

Pluto/Capricorn/9th
Saturn/Leo/4th
Inconjunct (Full Phase
)
Saturn in Leo in the 4th is in Full Phase Inconjunct to Pluto/Capricorn/9th.  This is a very interesting aspect.  The Full Phase inconjunct is full of itself and, if it attempts to assert itself without adherence to social relevance/approval, will experience blocks from society.  The social contract in terms of natural law has been broken.  What is left is power, control, authoritarianism and trauma.  The people (4th house) have no say.  What “wins” is force.  This is the new contract  (Venus skipped step pointing to Aries NN in 11th for resolution).  The listening function of Venus, due to trauma, is focused on the inner insecurity it feels and the need for survival.  Thus, natural law receives no support and is blocked from expression.  Saturn is able to run roughshod. 

Pluto/Capricorn/9th/Rx
Neptune/Scorpio/6th/Rx
Quintile (Last Quarter)

This suggests to me the emergence that has been happening of a a very distorted new ideology of violence, control, bodily repression, subservience, victim-oppressor, rape, etc.  The faculty of discrimination is distorted and perhaps one could even say that it is imprisoned.  Judgment is distorted.  Power-over is all that can be seen.  Both Neptune/Scorpio/6th and Pluto/Capricorn/9th suggest to me an underlying sense of profound powerlessness and the creative potential of darkness that can come from that.  I wonder if, within the context of patriarchal ideology and conditioning, which has already been well underway, if the retrograde status of the planets in and of themselves also suggests powerlessness.  Sixth and 9th houses both indicate states of transition.  So there is emerging here a new world order based in a state of powerlessness within the human Soul.  This powerlessness can be seen as the result of spiritual and physical attacks on the human body and on natural belief systems.  A positive way of understanding this, again, is the necessary exhausting of separating desires.  The inevitable periods of disintegration and confusion that arise from this trigger the crisis in consciousness necessary for the creative imagining/dreaming of bringing something new into being.

Venus/Mercury/Cancer/3rd
NN/Aries/11th
Skipped Step

The skipped step is indicated by Venus/Mercury and the resolution node is the NN in Aries.  Values that result in extremes of traumatizing violence need to be rethought.  Systems of thought that incorporate the emotional body as part of its intelligence must be sought  and studied.  Such systems would be necessary in order to access the emotional trauma that is an inherited part of the conditioning of the masses (Moon/Aquarius/10th).  Yet in this age such systems of thought would be regarded as strange and alien (Moon/Aquarius/10th).  Until the public is ready to accept such information, the extremes of violence and subservience would continue (Mars/Libra/6th ruler of NN). 

Ultimately, the challenge in this chart as I see it is to metamorphose through a balancing of solar and lunar (Sun in Cancer conjunct PPP) and in this way a healthy reconnection with the emotional body and a healthy expression as a result (PPP Cancer conjunct Sun).  Such metamorphosis would depend on the accessing of new/old thoughts, information and belief systems concerning the central (Sun conjunct PPP) place of the emotions. 

SN/Libra/5th
Venus/Cancer/3rd (ruler)

Because of the skipped step signature, this node has only been partially worked through and can only be fully worked through after the NN skipped steps are resolved.  Venus is the skipped step planet (along with Mercury), thus, any resolution of the NN steps will impact the expression of the SN signature.  In terms of its extreme energy, the SN can be understood as signifying a Soul in a state of considerable ego-inflation.  The insecurity generated by the need to survive creates a me-at-all-costs mentality.  One can see in this signature the reason for the rise of “economies of taking” as opposed to the more generous and heart-centered (5th house) “economies of giving” models.  As the NN skipped steps are resolved (the balancing of solar and lunar) a shift is able to begin to occur with regard to human economic models.  Venus rules the 6th house cusp, so I believe the blossoming of healing that has been happening during this balsamic period of the 3114 Mayan Long Count cycle, is contributing to the strengthening of the desire to rebalance ourselves at all levels, including emotional, bodily and economic.  The paradox nature of the 12/21/12 Long Count Calendar perhaps indicates the nature of the intention that has been being set in this period of time, as well as the work cut out for us throughout the next 5,000 year cycle.

FINAL NOTE

Pluto/Capricorn/9th
Earth/Capricorn/9th
Conjunction

Pluto itself is conjunct the Earth in this chart, and clearly one can see the challenge the Earth itself has undergone during this cycle due to the violent, warring and raping belief systems and consequent actions of humans.  For those who may continue to doubt human impact on the Earth, the Earth’s conjunction with Pluto in this chart seems to leave no doubt about this truth.  The Earth herself has indeed been raped and violated as a direct consequence of distorted human belief systems.  Mars’ Last Quarter Square to Pluto/Earth indicates the crisis in consciousness the Earth herself has undergone as a result of this co-dependent relationship with humans, and she herself, as I understand it, has been evolving as a consequence: she is moving on (breaking free of the co-dependence), whether humans decide to move on with her or not.

I cannot help but wonder if there was not a need for this period of violence and rage, etc.  If natural law is the natural state of existence, perhaps a time was needed that exposed the unconsciousness of choice with regard to natural law.  In other words, perhaps it was not enough for natural law to just be what it was and for humans to simply align with it.  Perhaps a conscious choice was required in order to proceed to the next level of evolution.  I have come across the suggestion that what has been happening is that we have been moving through 3rd chakra energy and are attempting to make our way to 4th chakra energy and consciousness.  The 3rd chakra is ruled by Mars/Pluto.  The second chakra is ruled by Neptune and Jupiter, co-rulers of Pisces, with Jupiter also ruling Sagittarius.  One can see in this symbolism a naivete in terms of belief systems.  And this naivete would be what left the Soul open to the more violent expressions of Pluto/Mars.  During this time period, certainly all the darkness that exists in the human Soul has been exposed and is clearly running its course.  A choice is and has been definitely before us in terms of what we want to choose.  Perhaps, after all these millennia of violence and of an inward turning of the Soul due to trauma and wounding, confusion and guilt, we are now finally able to emerge; being in the balsamic phase of this Mayan cycle (beginning 3114bc), humans have been very actively engaged in healing themselves and seeking to find ways to heal the damage we have done to the Earth and restore a more natural relationship with the Earth.  With the Earth conjunct Pluto in this chart, and thus both in Capricorn (container), the Earth can be seen as having been a container for this descent into darkness that the human Soul clearly was susceptible to.  Now the Earth is moving on, and humans have a choice – to move on with her, or die off.
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2012, 07:46 PM »

Hello everyone,

26,000 years ago was the last Age of Aquarius when our Souls were immersed in the matriarchal principles of caring, sharing and inclusion.

(Mercury Rx conjuncts Uranus on 18th March....Equinox on 19th March....and New Moon Aries 22nd March to carefully set intentions for the year).

Quote from John Major Jenkins:

"The 'energy' field emanates from the Galactic Center and includes the entire electromagnetic/photon field in which our planet exists. There are dimensions of subtlety within this field - the telluric or astral realms - extending beyond the physical forces of science to include spiritual planes of being. If we imagine this field as being similar to the lines of force surrounding a magnet, we can understand that our changing orientation to this field has immediate consequences, and little to do with cause-and-effect transmission of energy between us and the Galactic center. We are, instead in a relationship of resonance with our source, one that connects us deeply within to each other and, in fact, to all other beings in this galaxy."

In the "Beginning of Great Cycle" chart Neptune was in Scorpio conjunct the South Nodes of Pluto, Jupiter and Uranus.  In the "Mayan Calendar" chart Saturn is in Scorpio conjunct the North Node of Chiron.  In this synastry aspect, Saturn and Chiron to reveal karmic lessons, healing and transformation to aspects of deeply entrenched patriarchal patterns.  This ties in to the current Neptune in Scorpio generation, and those with Neptune or other planets in the 1st and 2nd decants of Scorpio.  Scorpio motivates and transforms others.

Hi Linda,

Thank you for this.  The quote from John Major Jenkins is especially helpful for me.

Love,
elen
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2012, 08:44 AM »

Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your focus and effort in interpreting these charts.

God Bless, Rad
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2012, 07:23 PM »

Thanks, Rad.  Working on the next one.  Really helpful to do though don't mean to assert I've gotten it right.......

Peace,
Elen
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video