School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

A friend's departure

Started by marilyn, Jun 27, 2009, 09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marilyn

Hi everyone.  A very young friend (just 30) who I have known from my meditation/spiritual group passed away suddenly and I am wondering if anyone may have some insight around his departure.  This was a deep loss for our group.  He was visibly strong and healthy, and even after an autopsy the cause of death is still unknown.  He simply went to sleep and never woke up again - approx. June 5th or 6th - we're not really sure.  This happened one week prior to our annual meditation retreat in Utah which he always attended.  My teacher's words best describe him - "He dealt with every single person in his life with kindness, humor, respect and openness. He touched every person he knew in a profound way, but was never patronizing, because he truly recognized that his spirituality did not make him better than anyone else."   
His birth data is: September 4, 1978  12:59am,  Torrance, Calif.
Thanks to all for any insight you may have.

Lia

Hi Marilyn,

I am really sorry for the loss of your friend...there are several possibilities (as I see it) for this event...
Would it be possible that you provide a bit more data regarding his overall life? Like did he have a partner? Did he have any religious upbringing? What he was doing for a living for example....i.e. do you know anything about his life other than the meditation group?

If these question may not feel appropriate for you at this time, sorry, then of course don't answer them.

It's just that EA is based on correlation and observation relative to the soul's actual reality in the life, and relative to inner reality they live in i.e. their actual consciousness...which includes evolutionary state...what you saying suggest he was either in or transiting to the 1st spiritiual...but I can't be sure of course from the very little bit you shared...

For a chart itself is a 'blueprint' which gains real meaning only if it is applied properly relative to the existing reality of the individual soul...

So if you would be comfortable to  give a little more details about your friend (and if you have knowledge of the kind) that may help in interpreting the chart and the event more correctly...

Again, I am truly sorry for your loss...

Blessings,
Lia

stephen

Marilyn,

I just wanted to post to say that I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Additionally, I wanted to state that in my opinion if there is a group which can help you to better understand this issue through your friend's chart, the knowledgeable members of the EA Community would be that group.

Blessings upon You,
Stephen

Rad

Hi Marilyn,

Quote from: marilyn on Jun 27, 2009, 09:34 PM
Hi everyone.  A very young friend (just 30) who I have known from my meditation/spiritual group passed away suddenly and I am wondering if anyone may have some insight around his departure.  This was a deep loss for our group.  He was visibly strong and healthy, and even after an autopsy the cause of death is still unknown.  He simply went to sleep and never woke up again - approx. June 5th or 6th - we're not really sure.  This happened one week prior to our annual meditation retreat in Utah which he always attended.  My teacher's words best describe him - "He dealt with every single person in his life with kindness, humor, respect and openness. He touched every person he knew in a profound way, but was never patronizing, because he truly recognized that his spirituality did not make him better than anyone else."   
His birth data is: September 4, 1978  12:59am,  Torrance, Calif.
Thanks to all for any insight you may have.

There were quite a few exact aspects of transiting planets to his natal chart on the night of his transition. First, too, the transiting nodal axis: the transiting S.Node in his 2nd, the N.Node of course in his 8th in Aquarius. His natal S.Node was of course in Pisces in his 10th, and on that evening the transiting Uranus, the ruler of the transiting N.Node, was exact to that S.Node.  The Neptune transit, in his 9th and in Aquarius, was exactly inconjunct his natal N.Node, and the transiting Venus was also making a inconjunct to that N.Node, thus making a transiting 'finger of god' to that N.Node. Within these transits the transiting Sun in his 12th, was also exactly opposed his natal Neptune in his 6th.It was also exactly trine his natal 4th House Pluto. The Mars transit was also exactly trine his natal Saturn, and Venus was exactly square in Jupiter.
   My sense of what happened is that during the 'sleep' state he went into what is called a 'super conscious' dream. These kinds of dreams can happen to any of us. In a super conscious dream we, in essence, go into the higher realms, the astral realms in most cases. In many ways these kinds of dreams mirror what happens to a Soul upon physical death, and it then enters into that transition into the astral realms and is presented with a variety of possible astral experiences that help the Soul understand where it is and why. My feeling is that he went into a deep super conscious dream in which he was 'home', his true home, and interacted with certain evolved beings that his Soul has had various kinds of relationships with over time. It's like he was being called 'home' by these beings. As a result he simply did not 'wake up' on this plane of existence. He stayed home. In the arms of God/ess.
   Please fee free to ask more if you wish from any of us here.

Rad

marilyn

Thanks to all for sharing your insights.  I do feel also that he decided to transcend to a place he had known before.  There is still no known cause of death at this time.  Matt's parents were devout Catholics yet did not push their beliefs on Matt.  He had a happy childhood and graduated from Clemson University. His parents were aware of his meditation classes, but I understand it came to them as quite a shock when they visited his apartment after his death and realized the extent of his spiritual searching.  They arranged a memorial service at the Botanical Gardens here in Palos Verdes which was a beautiful setting in nature that they felt was what Matt would have wanted.  He loved being in nature.

Matt had moved from Los Angeles to San Francisco about 2 1/2 years ago with a girlfriend who subsequently left him after about six months in SFO.  He was devastated at the time yet through this experience threw himself even more deeply into meditation and a spiritual search.  He moved back to the LA area just over a year ago and continued to work in sales.  I'm not exactly sure what particular type of sales, but I do know it was in sales of some kind.  He traveled a lot, criss-crossing the country for his work. He was engaged in a profound spiritual search and had recently attended several Gangagi weekend retreats. 

I think it is relevant that our teacher shared something with us as we sat at our retreat following his death.  She explained that she had been told by one of her teachers about 5 years ago that a student would come with whom she had spent many lifetimes as a spiritual friend and also as her spiritual consort.  In her opinion, he had reached beyond the first level of enlightenment and was working forward from there. There was no contact other than teacher-student in this lifetime since she is happily married and has 3 children.  However, she was told that this student (whom she recognized as Matt on the first occasion he attended one of her classes) actually was here in this lifetime to support her teachings and to help her realize her abilities as a spiritual teacher.  Matt did, in fact, support her in every way that I could see.  He was of all of us the most able to connect with her awareness, and in recent months his meditations had deepened greatly.  He also supported her on a routine, day to day level by helping her with just simple logistics.  He was present in every way. What she shared with us feels very relevant in retrospect. The timing is also relevant as Matt joined the group approx five years ago as she was establishing her classes and taking her teachings to another level.  The group now stands established, something that is growing and will endure.  Many of Matt's friends who are devastated at his loss are also seeking information about meditation and spirituality now.  I like to think also that Matt completed what he came here to do and as you said, Rad, had an opportunity to return home.