Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A VERY RARE ASTRONOMICAL EVENT: VENUS CROSSING IN FRONT OF THE SUN  (Read 1336 times)
Rad
Most Active Member

« on: Apr 04, 2012, 12:37 PM »

Hi All,

Here is a link to a YouTube video that shows and explains this very rare event, the rarest type of event within our Solar System: Venus crossing in the middle of the Sun. This will take place in June of 2012. God Bless, Rad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=WMFazGjeS_4
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2012, 07:16 AM »

From wiki:
Venus, with an orbit inclined by 3.4° relative to the Earth's, usually appears to pass under (or over) the Sun in the sky at inferior conjunction.[4] A transit occurs when Venus reaches conjunction with the Sun at or near one of its nodes, the longitude where Venus passes through the Earth's orbital plane, is called the ecliptic. Although the inclination between these two orbital planes is only 3.4°, Venus can be as far as 9.6° from the Sun when viewed from the Earth at inferior conjunction.[5] Since the angular diameter of the Sun is about half a degree, Venus may appear to pass above or below the Sun by more than 18 solar diameters during an ordinary conjunction.[4]

And in 2004...
« Last Edit: Apr 05, 2012, 07:22 AM by ari moshe » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2012, 07:41 AM »

This is not directly specific to your post Rad, but I am sharing this since I feel it is insightful information about the transit of Venus.

Whats most amazing about Venus is the pentagram it makes in its orbit over a 8 year period. This pentagram as I understand it is marked by 5 retrograde conjunctions with the Sun which naturally occurs within an 8 year cycle. All of the 5 conjunctions naturally occur within the orb of a bi-quintile from one transit to the next, ending the 5th conjunction very close to where the cycle began with the first - thus creating a pentagram.

Here's a diagram of that created by Adam Gainsburg: If you start in 2004, this coming up conjunction in 2012 marks the end of an 8 year Venus cycle.
http://soulsign.com/wp-content/files/mars-venus-training/Venus-Journeys-3D.pdf

And a video depicting the phenomena of the pentagram as created by the retorgradation of Venus along with it's conjunction with the Sun.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nI3Ky8mhj8
jasonholley

« Reply #3 on: Apr 15, 2012, 05:19 PM »

Hi all,

Another fascinating Venus / 5th-harmonic connection that I recently realized (thanks to Bradley's notes and some solar fire animations) is that the planetary nodes of Venus have a maximum separation of almost exactly 72-degrees -- a quintile!  (Which occurs around March 6 and September 8 of every year).  I thought this was really interesting.  At that time the Sun also reaches the exact midpoint of the nodes.

To me this is another mirror of Venus in terms of creativity and love as a transformational agent -- quintiles being all about this.  It is also a mirror of the inner (Taurean) and outer (Libran) Venus, in that quintiles are so related to the individualization of one's own purpose in the waxing phase; and to transformation of consciousness relative to the individual and the ultimate Other in the waning phase.

Not to mention of course that it is another beautiful mirror into which we may gaze and see Venus reflected back to us!

with love,
God bless,
Jason
Gray

« Reply #4 on: Apr 16, 2012, 10:36 AM »

Thanks Jason, that is beautiful to think about!
Elen
Most Active Member

« Reply #5 on: Apr 16, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Hi all,

Another fascinating Venus / 5th-harmonic connection that I recently realized (thanks to Bradley's notes and some solar fire animations) is that the planetary nodes of Venus have a maximum separation of almost exactly 72-degrees -- a quintile!  (Which occurs around March 6 and September 8 of every year).  I thought this was really interesting.  At that time the Sun also reaches the exact midpoint of the nodes.

To me this is another mirror of Venus in terms of creativity and love as a transformational agent -- quintiles being all about this.  It is also a mirror of the inner (Taurean) and outer (Libran) Venus, in that quintiles are so related to the individualization of one's own purpose in the waxing phase; and to transformation of consciousness relative to the individual and the ultimate Other in the waning phase.

Not to mention of course that it is another beautiful mirror into which we may gaze and see Venus reflected back to us!

with love,
God bless,
Jason

Wow.  This is amazing.
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Hi Rad and everyone,

Here's a cool video that summarizes the history and significance of the transit of Venus 5-6 June, 2012:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehHY9fTrb7Q&feature=player_embedded

Safe viewing techniques:
- Rear projection screen
- Solar filtered telescope
- Disposable "eclipse shades"
- Live webcast

Map (with no copyright restriction) by Michael Zeiler, eclipse-maps.com

« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 08:54 PM by Linda » Logged
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 06:26 AM »

HI Linda,

Really neat. Thanks for the link.

God Bless, Rad
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 05:33 PM »

Here's a clearer copy of that map:

http://eclipse-maps.com/Eclipse-Maps/Welcome_files/ToV2012map.jpg

Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Thanks Rad, Ari, Jason & Linda - really interesting!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

Video