School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

THE ARCHETYPES OF MASOCHIMS, SADISM, AND 'PERFECTION'

Started by Rad, Apr 13, 2012, 09:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wendy

Hi Rad,

Thank you for clarifying this. 

I do though have another question:  is a 'weak ego' soul meant to be learning to actually strengthen their ego via recovery from masochism?

Quote from: Rad on Apr 20, 2012, 09:07 AM
Hi Wendy,

"Does this mean that all masochistic souls have 'weak' egos? "

It depends on the extent of the masochism within any given Soul. Any of us can exhibit some degree of masochism form time to time versus other Souls who are permeated by this pathology. To the degree that masochism permeates any given Soul is then the determinant of how 'weak' their ego's will be.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Wendy

Thanks so so much Rad.  I am so grateful to be learning all of this!  

I have another clarifying question.  Would the soul strengthen the ego via the moon, or is it possible that this would be done through the Sun as well?

Thank you and God Bless,
Wendy

Wendy

Hi Rad,

Does this mean, that Chiron and Virgo, as well as the other archetypes and planetary configurations already mentioned earlier in the thread, represent masochism?

Quote from: Rad on Apr 17, 2012, 09:33 AM

Chiron and Sadism

(Q): In another post somewhere you stated that Chiron does not rule Virgo because of Virgo's association with sadism. If Chiron knows masochism, must not Chiron understand sadism in the same way that to fully know Leo is to understand Aquarius, the polarity point?

(A): No. If this were true then there would in fact be no 'pure' masochism. This means that there is such a thing as being a pure masochist without the corresponding polarity of sadism; e.g. Jesus was a pure masochist and had nothing to do with sadism. From a spiritual point of view, such a pure masochist, when such a soul has evolved to the higher spiritual states, serves the role (in patriarchal times) of the martyr. The function of the pure martyr is to induce the 'realizations of truth' thru the act of being a martyr, with these realizations of truth occurring after the fact of martyring a true martyr.

This can occur in the same way in 'normal' life; i.e. a partner who is a true Chiron type who acts as the 'martyr' for the other partner, with the purity of the Chiron partner producing--after the fact--deep realizations of personal horror in the sadistic partner about the nature of their own personal truth and the dynamics of that truth. Another way to understand all this is that if Chiron, of itself, knew of sadism in any way, it could not be Chiron, pure masochism.      

Rad

Hi Wendy,

"Does this mean, that Chiron and Virgo, as well as the other archetypes and planetary configurations already mentioned earlier in the thread, represent masochism?"

Yes, but they do not mean that they automatically mean that a given Soul is masochistic. They simply correlate to the archetypes of masochism.

God Bless, Rad

Wendy

Thanks Rad.  This is really helpful information.

Wendy

Hi Rad,

I think this question wasn't seen.  Thanks for everything.

Quote from: Wendy on Apr 20, 2012, 02:15 PM

I have another clarifying question.  Would the soul strengthen a 'weak ego' via the moon, or the Sun, or is it purely based on each individual's signature?

Thank you and God Bless,
Wendy

If the answer to this question is yes (via the moon) and the soul has 4th house Pluto with 8th house Moon in Cap, would the soul, potentially, be learning to release the need for gaining emotional security from others, and moving towards strengthening their emotional capacity for being self-responsible to their soul (8th house) as well as others they are in relationship with?

Thanks again,
Wendy

Wendy

Rad

Quote from: Wendy on Apr 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
Hi Rad,

I think this question wasn't seen.  Thanks for everything.

Quote from: Wendy on Apr 20, 2012, 02:15 PM

I have another clarifying question.  Would the soul strengthen a 'weak ego' via the moon, or the Sun, or is it purely based on each individual's signature?

Thank you and God Bless,
Wendy

If the answer to this question is yes (via the moon) and the soul has 4th house Pluto with 8th house Moon in Cap, would the soul, potentially, be learning to release the need for gaining emotional security from others, and moving towards strengthening their emotional capacity for being self-responsible to their soul (8th house) as well as others they are in relationship with?

Thanks again,
Wendy

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

It is based on the entire individual signature of any given birth chart. In the little example that you have posted those symbols would apply in the way you have stated it.

God Bless, Rad