School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

sn square question

Started by ari moshe, May 24, 2012, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ari moshe

Hello community,

I have a  configuration here I'd like some support to understand the ea dynamics of more clearly.
This chart has Pluto on nn, conjunct the ruler of the nn - in Libra in the 9th. Jupiter in Cancer in 6th retro squares the nodes, first quarter to the sn in Aries in the third. SN ruled by Mars in Leo in the 7th.
Interestingly, it all comes back to Venus since that Mars is ruled by the Sun in Scorpio which takes us back to Pluto, which takes us to Venus. So there is profoundly strong energy pointing to the nn area.

He came to me because he wanted to make money doing what he loves - following his own vision, his dream. He needs to support his daughter and feels challenges around that. He isn't able to travel in the ways that he used to since he has a daughter, and he said very adamantly that he does not want to loose all his money again. He seemed to have a strong fear of not being able to do a good job as a parent and put a great emphasis on his monetary status as a reflection of that. He is third individuated, possibly in transition to spiritual.

He wants people to work with him that he will resonate with. He says he has done most of his work being hired by other people and selling to these people his ideas - basically inspiring other people and helping other people to follow their dreams. When it comes to himself, he feels blocked and unsupported.

It was hard to reach him because he seemed to hold a strong energy of futility. My main message for him was that he has had very large visions in the past but was not grounding and balancing his life on the emotional level - and now he's learning how to embrace that level of reality - maturing the exuberant behaviors focusing on the details. I spoke a lot about matriarchal spirituality and how reconnecting to that is a big part of his soul journey - Jupiter in Cancer. And that having a child now is teaching him about this integration.

I also told him that his own personal life, learning how to attend to the details of the home life, to be grounded and practical in that way, is teaching him about the truth in very important ways - and it is helping him to integrate his own personal life with his higher vision (and a lot of what he teaches has to do with 'emotional intelligence'). As he does this, he will have a lot to offer the world.

I post this here because sitting with him I don't feel he was receptive to anything I said. I'm trying to understand this.

I'm not sure I do understand accurately how to interpret the sn in this case, relative to the Jupiter square. Would this mean the need for him to think for himself, to consider that all the facts are aligned - to be rational and objective so that he does not overextend himself in irrational ways? This enabling him to show up to do the work he is here to do - 6th house - in a way where he is actually walking his walk.

I feel there are more layers to that sn square and I'm simply not sure that I'm interpreting this right to begin with. I'd love further support from anyone who has ea perspective to offer here for unlocking that. I also want to ask, when a planet squares the sn and Pluto is on the nn does the ppp apply? I recall this having been asked once, but don't remember. Sitting with him it felt like it would in fact apply. Thank you so much,
God bless,
Ari Moshe

Upasika

Hi Ari,

What you said all makes reasonable sense to me...

I have limited energy available, so can't put much into a decent analysis of the chart, but if it's of any use I thought I could just offer my additional first impressions, although they'll only be part of the picture, not connected together or integrated very much...

His resistance: Aries SN 3rd, and ruler in Leo 7th. Subconsciously still pretty independent & self centered. Feels his opnions are always right, not into anyone else's. He's come up against that in the past and been forced to look at the bigger picture - Pluto, NN, Venus in 9th. But with Jupiter just entering into a square to the Nodes his resistance regarding this has caused the new skipped step i.e he cannot understand that his opinions are simply one possible view of things. Until he gets this he'll have difficulty getting the support he wants. It's been building for a few lifetimes... been going round in circles a lot - so naturally he feels defeated, but I think that may just be a symptom. Possibly a bit stubborn too at times with Moon in Taurus opposite the Sun.

I don't know the answer to the polarity point but I'd say this might be an exception to the general rule. With Jupiter (natural ruler of the 9th) squaring the SN he has no option but to embrace the SN - i.e open up to other people's viewpoints with some receptivity. It may be premature for him to focus exclusively on the 9th. He has done so intensely for many lives in the past (Pluto balsamic to NN), but he has got lots of unfinished business lying round (Venus/Pluto and Mercury/Uranus both balsamic as well) and my guess is that he has baulked at truly sharing his visions (which no doubt are substantial) in the past, and now that has caused the knitting to unravel - that darned skipped step has manifested, and he's got to go back a few steps to the basics, and learn to truly consider what other's have to say and be prepared to accept that they may have something valuable to say, something that is also truth.

As you say he needs to focus on the details (other people's as well as his own), something he probably thinks he's - been there/done that/finished with - many lifetimes ago... but obviously not. My feeling is a possible root cause of his problems are simple self centeredness. He's manifested a Scorpio Sun - perhaps he foresaw that there might need to be a bit of confrontation in this life, and invested in some ability to work with that ... ie. maybe that's what might benefit him a bit. That Jupiter is square his Pluto/Venus too - expansion blocked till he sorts out some basic spiritual values - Jup polarity in 12th, Neptune trine SN ruling the 2nd (as you say matriarchal values).

Some brief ideas Ari.

blessings
Upasika

ari moshe

Hi Upasika, thank you for that - that was helpful.

The sn dynamic here really points to a crisis this soul has created in his relationships in the past via not listening to other people's points of views. Aries in the 3rd ruled by Mars in Leo in the 7th - giving to others according to what he thinks they need - and that Mars disseminating square to the Sun in 9th Scorpio and crescent square to Chiron 3rd Taurus exemplifies just what has gone on - that he has fluctuated between his own vision and then the need to be open to other points of views - his relationships have been the point of confrontation for that. People agreeing or disagreeing with him and this creating cyclic confrontations - either glorifying his self image or not.

So relative to that Jupiter retro in Cancer in the 6th integrated through the sn, this would mean the necessity in this life to re-learn how to communicate, how to express himself to others. And to do this by way of the details of his life, ie raising a child, that will ground him and help him to truly walk his walk.

Rad, I'm wondering if in this case the Pluto polarity point would apply?

Upasika

Hi Ari,

It was only a few impressions so I'm glad if any of it was useful. I think what you said is right on, fits how you described him and the situation perfectly.

Rephrasing my original question here ... Do you think that with Jupiter being in the 6th house that part of the skipped step is a need for crisis now in the present life also, to force him to do these things you can see he needs to do? In other words, it has got to the point where crisis is now essential for his growth, to break down his resistance to doing what you see he needs to do?
Or do you think the crisis just pertains to the past life - that Jupiter being in the 6th as a skipped step simply shows how the skipped step developed (via crisis - 6th house)?

And like you I look forward to Rad's answer about the PPP, very interesting question that one.

blessings Upasika

Rad

Hi Ari and Upasika,

No, the polarity point for Pluto does not apply here because it is conjunct the N.Node. The essence of the evolutionary and karmic meaning of his Jupiter in the 6th/Cancer beginning a square to the Nodal Axis is one of humility: learning it, being humbled because of the life circumstances that his Soul has programmed in order to create an evolutionary leap. In essence this is a Soul who has been incredibly narcissistic and full of delusions of grandeur for many recent lifetimes. Within this he has needed to be glorified by others as to his own self image of being larger than life itself. In certain recent prior lives he has in fact received great acclaim based on the works he did produce. Yet, he was so insecure within himself that he felt tremendous jealousy and rage with others who were considered as competitors to himself: their talents and works produced.

This all became so extreme that that the opposite extreme had to be created in order for his evolution, and the specific karma he created relative to those lives of narcissistic self splendor, to proceed. This then required the most recent of prior lives in which he has been required to give to others in every way possible: to give with the pure intent to give, not to give with the intent of what could then be received. Thus, he has had to put others before himself, and satisfy the needs of others realizing in so doing that he own greater needs, evolutionary and karmic, and then in fact satisfied.

And this all then speaks to the Jupiter square the nodes, and the predominance of the 9th House archetype that includes the N.Node/Pluto/Venus, Uranus, Sun, Mercury, and the S.Nodes of Mercury, Venus, Mars, the N.Nodes of Mercury and Chiron, and his evolutionary need that is reflected in how to interpret correctly his life circumstances that he is of course responsible for creating. To interpret correctly then means to embrace ways of understanding life that he resists doing because of his sense of his Soul security in bound up in existing ways of understanding life that he created for himself in his past lives. This is why, Ari, you had the sense of not getting through to him. What you brought to him reflects the new ways of understanding life.

If you are to relative with him again you may wish to supply him with the above information so that this new way of understanding the life circumstances that he has created for himself can be understood correctly.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Upasika, its really good to be with you here again! It's been a while. I hope you are healing and feeling good. Your question:

QuoteRephrasing my original question here ... Do you think that with Jupiter being in the 6th house that part of the skipped step is a need for crisis now in the present life also, to force him to do these things you can see he needs to do? In other words, it has got to the point where crisis is now essential for his growth, to break down his resistance to doing what you see he needs to do?
Or do you think the crisis just pertains to the past life - that Jupiter being in the 6th as a skipped step simply shows how the skipped step developed (via crisis - 6th house)?

He does have a child now and is forced to take care of her which means focusing on the details of the home life - being emotionally tuned in in that way. His Moon rules that Jupiter which squares Saturn. Saturn rules the sn's of Pluto and Saturn in Cap in the 12th which squares the nodes. I understand this to fit so strongly with what Rad clarified: learning how to give to others according to their actual needs, not his narcissistic projection of their needs.

Thank you so much Rad for your detailed clarification.
QuoteThis then required the most recent of prior lives in which he has been required to give to others in every way possible: to give with the pure intent to give, not to give with the intent of what could then be received.

From an ea perspective what provides the context that the most recent of prior lives have been about learning this lesson of humility? Is it because of the somewhat recent square of Jupiter to the nodes, a new square - meaning a somewhat new evolutionary orientation based on the karma he had created in the past?

I have a general question about how to understand the karmic impliations of the sn. Since the sn is an Aries energy and the square is initially integrated through that, does this imply that he is meant to learn something new - to specifically focus his mind on a way of understanding life that would allow him to interpret his own dynamics differently? Aries implies self assertion, instinctive self discovery - so what would that be for him as he integrates the skipped step - I don't quite see how that would look.
God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

"From an ea perspective what provides the context that the most recent of prior lives have been about learning this lesson of humility? Is it because of the somewhat recent square of Jupiter to the nodes, a new square - meaning a somewhat new evolutionary orientation based on the karma he had created in the past?"

Yes.

"I have a general question about how to understand the karmic impliations of the sn. Since the sn is an Aries energy and the square is initially integrated through that, does this imply that he is meant to learn something new - to specifically focus his mind on a way of understanding life that would allow him to interpret his own dynamics differently? Aries implies self assertion, instinctive self discovery - so what would that be for him as he integrates the skipped step - I don't quite see how that would look."

Yes, and it occurs either through the information that comes in from other people, the ruler being in the 7th and square his 9th House Scorpio Sun that he can then integrate in this way, or through his won internal Soul question as to 'why' he has created the situation he has created that can lead to him coming with new and different ways of understanding life.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Upasika

Hi Ari,

Thank you - and also thanks for the invitation to share re your client, it was great to be able to participate with you on the chart, and learn from it.

And thanks Rad for your guidance.

bkessings Upasika