School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Same sign, house, planet

Started by Rick, Jul 11, 2012, 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Hey all,
I ran across something in a chart today that I have not before.  Jupiter in Sag in the 9th house.  Im not sure if there is a thread on this subject already, I cant find anything.  I realize it is filtered thru the chart, but is there any base significance to all 3 types of one archetype being together like this? 
Thx for help

ari moshe

Hi Rick, I'll share what feel intuitive to me about your question.

Something to think about: Jeff green has taught that opposite sign house combinations are naturally parodoxical (like Gemini on the 9th) since it is a synthesis of two polar archetypes. It thus symbolizes the need for the soul to learn balance in the current life. It has a very Libra energy to it.

In the same way I  think of same house sign combinations (Sag on the 9th) as being very emphasized and single focused. All the meaning of Sag would apply in a more direct way. It has a very Aries energy to it.

Why it is that way? We'd really have to look at the chart and start with the core ea paradigm. It can mean many things, but the implication of it being very direct is clear. The strong focus of any archetype ultimately symbolizes something within the soul - and there is a reason for it.

Another thing to think about to exemplify this in a tangible way. Think of anyone you know who is a Leo Sun. Without intellectualizing it, can you see how they ARE a Leo? And of course there are many ways to be a Leo. That right there is a double Leo signature - and it would be more Leo'esqu if their Sun was in the 5th house.

Same for Pluto in the 8th house for example. I know at least a few Pluto in Scorpio in the 8th house souls. There are layers upon layers of meaning in that signature, but it is different for each soul.

Lastly I feel called to share with you that for me, the more information I receive from my clients the better I am able to interpret their charts as it illuminates the real living life context for the signatures. My intuition kicks in and I tend to see a lot more of the soul story through the chart in ways that my linear mind simply would not have been able to grasp on its own.
With Love,
am

Sunyata

These commonalities of sign, planet, house can only occur with those who have either Aries or Pisces rising as well I believe.....

Mars in Aries in the 1st...
Uranus in Aquarius in the 11th....
Moon in Cancer in the 4th....

etc....

Rick

Sunyata,
Interestingly, yes she has Pisces rising.  ::) Jupiter in the 9th in Sag is the only planet like that in her chart though.
AM---thanks for the insights.  I agree with the intuition.  I have a standard set of "background" questions I ask which helps me to form the story, and most of the time it is the intuition that fills in the gaps based off of that. 
Thanks all

Linda

Rick,

Just offering my thoughts on this (not official response).  I would see it as a triple-whammy - meaning that the triple dose of that archetype makes it very highly emphasized - perhaps natural gifts in that area.  Using the example of Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 9th house (and reading that within the entire EA paradigm of the chart) can you see that she has a natural affinity with Natural Laws?  Does she feel quite alienated from others and her society in general?  Could she be a natural teacher type?  Questions like that.  

Blessings,

Linda