School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

The UK

Started by Tory, Jun 28, 2012, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tory

Dear One and All,

It would appear the UK has experienced not just one but several big Uranus square Pluto hits in the last week:

First: "On 19 June Royal Bank of Scotland discovered what it described as a "computer glitch" which was preventing payments to and from accounts at NatWest, RBS and Ulster Bank. The glitch has affected millions of people -" The "glitch" was more like an "unprecedented systems meltdown" that lasted 6 days forcing banks to open on Sunday 25th June in an effort to catch up with the backlog.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jun/26/natwest-computer-glitch-what-to-do-if-affected?INTCMP=SRCH

Next: "The boss of Barclays Bank, Bob Diamond, is under mounting pressure after the bank was hit with fines of £290m for its "serious, widespread" role in trying to manipulate the price of crucial interest rates that affect the cost of borrowing for millions of customers around the world."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/jun/27/barclays-chief-bob-diamond-bonus-fine

"Liborgate is continuing, with all major UK banks now seeing their share prices crumble.

Barclays has lost 19.85p at 176.2p - a decline of more than 10% - after it admitted manipulating interbank interest rates, but paying a fine of £290m and making executives give up their bonuses may not be enough. Barclays boss Bob Diamond is under pressure to resign, and there are calls for a possible criminal investigation. Other banks could well be dragged into the mess, which has hit the whole sector."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/marketforceslive/2012/jun/28/barclays-uk-banks-libor-scandal

And now this: "153 lightning strikes a minute and hailstones the size of GOLF BALLS as superstorm hits the Midlands and sweeps north"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2165944/Man-swept-away-floodwater-inch-rain-hits-Midlands-just-ONE-hour-apocalyptic-thunderstorm.html#ixzz1z7WiySxh

So i was wondering what your collective thoughts might be on this series of events (related to the Uranus square Pluto) and if there a chart for the England (? the home of the Monarchy responsible for the "United" Kingdom ?) and indeed if in the chart there are obvious correlations.

Many thanks
Tory

Linda

Hi Tory,

Your post aroused my curiosity so I have attached a copy of the UK chart.

[Data used: 1st January 1801, 00.00 GMT, London]

This is a paradoxical chart, an archetype of extremity.  With the Nodal Axis in the 1st/7th houses, there exists an inherent conflict between war and peace - conflict between the people and the monarchy - conflict between the "have's and the have-nots" - with an evolutionary drive to reconcile the opposing archetypes.  

The polar opposites are further emphasized by the Sun in the 4th and the Moon in the 10th - parenting of the nation - the integration of which should lead to inner and outer security.  

There are skipped steps of the Moon square Nodes with the Resolution Node being the North Node Aries.  At the core of the skipping pattern is the 'reality' created by the powerful elite and political class (10th) to be resolved through the people regaining equality, balance, sovereignty and individual freedom (North Node Aries 7th).  The North Node ruler, Mars Taurus 8th, facilitates the economic power, however the rulers of both Nodes (Mars and Venus) are in last quarter square aspect.

The ruler of the South Node (Venus Aquarius 5th) opposes Saturn Leo 11th (ruler, royalty) and squares Mars Taurus 8th (resources, limits).  

Saturn opposes Pluto and Venus - a requirement to throw off the restriction to actualizing equality and the distribution of the wealth of the nation amongst its people.  

The ruler of the North Node (Mars Taurus 8th) t-squares the ruler of the South Node (Venus Aquarius 5th) and Jupiter Leo 10th (imperial expansion) - correlating to the crisis in consciousness - how the past and future interact in order for the nation's evolutionary intentions to be actualized.  With Mars in the 8th there is an impulse for either transformative change or resistance to change, as the nation continues to make the choices to build a solid foundation (ruler of Pluto, Neptune Scorpio 2nd house).

Ruler of South Node conjunct Pluto (balsamic, very wide):  The past life dynamics of the nation as symbolized by South Node Libra 1st house, and its ruler Venus Aquarius 5th, which is the natal house for Pluto, is being brought to a head so that the Soul of the nation can evolve beyond those existing dynamics.  In this very wide balsamic conjunction there is a re-living of the past specific to the South Node and Pluto, so that knowledge is gained that serves as a release from those dynamics.

According to this chart there are indeed many obvious correlations to the events that you set out in your post, such as:

* Transiting Uranus in Aries opposite natal Uranus (April 2011, October 2011, last hit February 2012)

* Transiting Nodes in Gem/Sag square natal Pluto in Pisces (now) correlates to a 'transiting skipped step' which can temporarily pull out hidden tendencies or skipped step behaviours.

* Transiting Neptune in Pisces conjunct natal Pluto (now)

* Transiting Pluto in Capricorn approaching conjunction to natal Sun 10 deg Capricorn conj IC (January 2013) threatening old, rigid security patterns (the class system) and beckoning a new creative imperative that should ultimately strengthen inner and outer security (Can/Cap).  

Transiting Pluto in Capricorn, culminating its transit of UK's 3rd house, will soon conjunct Sun and IC.  This transit refers to natal Saturn Leo 11th in full phase sesquiquadrate with Sun Capricorn 4th (in mutual reception) asking that the nation reformulate its constitutional monarchy and parliamentary system by understanding what new structures need to be developed.  This transit also refers to natal Pluto Pisces 5th, and its underlying evolutionary intentions of liberation for the people (PPP 11th).  With natal Saturn and Pluto in opposition, and transiting Pluto approaching the IC, what the nation hangs onto for security reasons will outlive its evolutionary intentions and will be removed.

In the natal chart, the Sun squares the Nodes.  In EA Sun square Nodes does not correlate to skipped steps but to dynamics which have created an imbalance between the South and North Node archetypes which need to be addressed in order not to create skipped steps.  There is an issue of skipped steps of the Moon which opposes the Sun, and a need to balance the dynamics of the 'family' (consisting of member countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales) through the Resolution North Node as well as the integrative powers of the Sun (the heart, London, the seat of government).

* Transiting Pluto in Capricorn will square natal Nodes (February 2015)

Intense internal changes for the nation will certainly impact upon and change the rigid landscape of the past.

I see from your profile that UK is your home, then what do you make of these transits Tory?  

Is there anything that others would like to add?

Linda

[The data for this chart comes from The Book of World Horoscopes by Nicholas Campion, Cinnabar Books, Bristol, 1995.  The 1801 chart is for the United Kindom, and the Union with Ireland. Nick Campion says on page 290 of his book:  ''I have found that this horoscope is the most useful for the United Kingdom, being that date on which the modern name of the state came into effect, although the chart for the coronation of William I (1066) is also very powerful. Beginners are recommended to use the 1801 horoscope.'']

jasonholley

Hi Tory and Linda,

We can also look at geodetics in this case.  The center of the UK financial world, London, correlates to the Pisces geodetic zone, specifically 29 Pisces.  [For anyone reading later: please note this message reflects an update and its contents, including the London degree, are now correct (29 Pisces); in the original post this had been miscalculated.]

Saturn in Libra is currently in a natural-sign inconjunct to the Pisces zone and Mars in Virgo is in a natural sign opposition to this zone.  And during this recent period you are referencing, Saturn and Mars both had changes that "stepped up" their influence: Mars cleared its retrograde shadow, passing the degree where it had originally stationed retrograde; and Saturn had its direct station in Libra.  Saturn in Libra is now moving towards a full phase inconjunct to the specific location of London and Mars in Virgo is currently approaching the degree by opposition.

As we know Mars is the trigger-point and the leading edge for Plutonic evolutionary intentions -- thus Mars in Virgo approaching opposition to this location is about needing to throw off delusions through clear seeing, brought about where necessary through crisis.  Similarly, the full phase inconjunct of stationing retrograde Saturn in Libra is a strong symbol of "comeuppance" -- extreme imbalances being redressed, through experiences, for example, of public humiliation.  The evolutionary intention of this energy, again, being to create crisis leading to the need to analyze and get to the bottom of the illusions and deceptions that have been at play in this system.

And of course, relative to the RBS computer glitch, what is more "devil in the details" than Mars in Virgo?  Mars at 26 Virgo having passed exactly over Edinburgh (at 26 Pisces) geodetically in the past week as well.  

To me this shows the nature of these events as analysis-provoking crises -- part of the series of shake-ups that are being delivered by Uranus/Pluto and Pluto in Capricorn to all institutional structures such as these mega-banks.

God bless,
Jason

Tory

Quote from: Linda on Jun 28, 2012, 09:29 PM

[Data used: 1st January 1801, 00.00 GMT, London]

[The data for this chart comes from The Book of World Horoscopes by Nicholas Campion, Cinnabar Books, Bristol, 1995.  The 1801 chart is for the United Kindom, and the Union with Ireland. Nick Campion says on page 290 of his book:  ''I have found that this horoscope is the most useful for the United Kingdom, being that date on which the modern name of the state came into effect, although the chart for the coronation of William I (1066) is also very powerful. Beginners are recommended to use the 1801 horoscope.'']

Hi Linda,

Very interesting chart interpretation, i need to study it again as a good example on my learning path, thankyou. And yes the data is for the UK, or in this case how about England's chart (by default for the UK)?

25 Dec 1066 at noon
Westminster, England (51n30, 00w09)

Sources:
"With William's coronation the English nobles submitted to Norman rule. We have no idea what time he was crowned." Nick Campion, "Book of World Horoscopes," p. 385.
Noel Tyl, "Astrology: Mundane, Astral, Occult," p. 46, citing C.E.O. Carter: "Carter endorses the horoscope of the coronation of William I at Westminster in 1066 as the horoscope retaining a marked significance for modern England."

This chart has a Capricorn Sun and Aries ascendant.

I live in France, interesting time to be living in the EU!

Much light
Tory

Tory

Quote from: jasonholley on Jun 28, 2012, 11:27 PM
Hi Tory and Linda,

We can also look at geodetics in this case.  The center of the UK financial world, London, correlates to 22.5 degrees Pisces.  The 22-23 degree spots have been very stimulated this past year with multiple planetary stations taking place there, and in fact during this recent period you are referencing, Saturn has had its retrograde station (22.5 Libra) in an exact inconjunct to this degree; and in the past week, Mars transited this degree by opposition (at 22 Virgo), completing its own retrograde cycle having stationed retrograde there several months ago.

As we know Mars is the trigger-point and the leading edge for Plutonic evolutionary intentions -- thus Mars in Virgo in opposition to this location is about needing to throw off delusions through clear seeing, brought about where necessary through crisis.  Similarly, the full phase inconjunct of stationing retrograde Saturn in Libra is a strong symbol of "comeuppance" -- extreme imbalances being redressed, through experiences, for example, of public humiliation.  The evolutionary intention of this energy, again, being to create crisis leading to the need to analyze and get to the bottom of the illusions and deceptions that have been at play in this system.

And of course, relative to the RBS computer glitch, what is more "devil in the details" than Mars in Virgo?  Mars also having passed over Edinburgh (at 26 Pisces) geodetically in the past week as well.  

To me these events are best understood as analysis-provoking crises -- part of the series of shake-ups that are being delivered by Uranus/Pluto and Pluto in Capricorn to all institutional structures such as these mega-banks.

God bless,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Wow there are so many interesting points in your interpretation Jason, that's really great, thankyou. And yes it looks like we are on a roll, how fortunate to be able to witness this, looking forward to 2015/2016, the mind boggles!

God Bless
Tory

Linda

Quote from: Tory on Jun 29, 2012, 02:53 AM.............how about England's chart (by default for the UK)?

25 Dec 1066 at noon
Westminster, England (51n30, 00w09)

Hi Tory,

Here's the chart for England based on the Coronation of William the 1st at Westminster for analysis using the EA paradigm.  

It's very interesting comparing the two charts for UK 1801 and England 1066.  There's a time difference of 800 years between them, yet both have Pluto at early degrees Pisces (in opposite houses), being conjuncted now by Neptune!  Dissolution along that 5th/11th axis?

While the chart for UK is paradoxical, this chart for England is based on the natural houses.  It has Jupiter opposite Pluto, Mars inconjunct semisextile Pluto (balsamic).  The pace of transformational change could be quite moderate.  I notice that Mars makes 5 full phase inconjuncts.  Many trines - karma of fruition.

It is certainly a momentous time for England right now with that loaded 10th house.  The North Node's ruler, Mercury, is being conjuncted by transiting Pluto, stimulating the force of evolution.  

Want to have a go at deciphering the chart(s)?

Quote from: jasonholley on Jun 28, 2012, 11:27 PMWe can also look at geodetics in this case.  The center of the UK financial world, London, correlates to 22.5 degrees Pisces.  

Hi Jason,

Could you please share how you geodetically correlated London to 22.5 degrees Pisces?  Where can information such as this be found?

Thanks,

Linda

jasonholley

Hi Linda, and all,

Quote from: Linda on Jun 30, 2012, 03:44 AM

Hi Jason,

Could you please share how you geodetically correlated London to 22.5 degrees Pisces?  Where can information such as this be found?

Thanks,

Linda

Well, glad you asked because it surfaced an error in my original message! London is actually at 29°52' Pisces, not 22.5° Pisces as I'd said there.  I'll explain my error below.  

First, here's how to calculate the precise geodetic correlate to any location.

The Prime Meridian, 0° longitude which runs through Greenwich, correlates to 0° Aries.  

East of that line goes forwards in the zodiac, so eastern longitude degrees work the way we are used to:

0-30 East = 0-30 Aries
30-60 East = 0-30 Taurus
60-90 East = 0-30 Gemini
90-120 East = 0-30 Cancer
120-150 East = 0-30 Leo
150-180 East = 0-30 Virgo

However, west of that line goes backwards in the zodiac, so western longitude degrees work differently:

0-30 West = 30-0 Pisces
30-60 West = 30-0 Aquarius
60-90 West = 30-0 Capricorn
90-120 West = 30-0 Sagittarius
120-150 West = 30-0 Scorpio
150-180 West = 30-0 Libra

You can find the longitude of any place in the top right corner of its wikipedia entry (next to "coordinates"), or through another method.  

In this example, the longitude of London is 00°08' West, therefore its zodiacal degree is 29°52' Pisces.  Probably the easiest way to work with Western degrees is to subtract them from 360, then you get degrees that we are used to. So in this case:

LONDON, ENGLAND: 00°08' West
360 - 00°08' = 359°52' = 29°52' Pisces

Another case just so the method is clear:

WASHINGTON DC, USA: 77°02' West
360 - 77°02' = 282°58' = 12°58' Capricorn

Again, you only have to do this with Western longitudes.  Eastern longitudes convert very directly, just for an example:

CANBERRA, AUSTRALIA: 149°07' East
149°07' = 29°07' Leo

The reason I ended up with 22.5 Pisces for London erroneously was because when I read the tiny print on the Wikipedia screen, I thought it showed 07°39' rather than 00°07'39".  It seemed weird to me that London could be that different from zero since I know London is can't be that far from Greenwich, however I looked a couple of times and kept seeing it that way, and then all the actions on the 22's this year led me to think it made sense.

Anyway, I'm going to revise my message with correct information.  

Also, it would be important to say that the specific degrees of locations are not that often used, because using the zone itself can be enough information to understand the natural zodiacal aspects taking place, in this case Saturn in Libra forming a natural inconjunct to the entire Pisces zone and Mars in Virgo a natural opposition.  What got me going with the specific degrees was the seemingly exact correlation to the 22's that seemed quite potent, but although that was in error, perhaps the deeper intention at play was to be able to share this information on calculating this material now.

God bless,
Jason

ari moshe

Thanks for sharing that Jason, that was very insightful for me.

Linda

Hi Jason,

Thanks so much for your thorough explanation on how to work out the geodetic/astrological degrees for locations.  Great to know - and so easy to do.  

I wonder if there's an on-line resource such as a table that shows the astrology degrees for, say, capital cities of the world?  

In the mundane astrology geodetic system, Berlin, Germany, has an east longitude of 13 degrees 24 minutes. The Midheaven is therefore 13 Aries 24 (longitude), which gives the equivalent Ascendant of 6 Leo 11 (latitude).  

Does the longitudinal/astrological degree of a location (which you outlined in your last post) actually correlate to the SUN or the MC or ?  

So when we say the degree for London is 29°52' Pisces, what is that exactly?  ???

Thanks for sharing,

Linda

jasonholley

Hi Linda,

Quote from: Linda on Jun 30, 2012, 06:48 PM
I wonder if there's an on-line resource such as a table that shows the astrology degrees for, say, capital cities of the world?  

I have only encountered such online tables for the precession-based version of the geodetic map (a version of the map which Johndro developed and used during the middle of his career prior to returning to Sepharial's fixed map, which is the one we use in EA and which does not precess).

Does the longitudinal/astrological degree of a location (which you outlined in your last post) actually correlate to the SUN or the MC or ?  

None of these, the geodetic map is only the result of transposing the zodiac itself onto the globe by fixing 0° Aries to the Prime Meridian, and then distributing the 360° of the zodiac across the 360° of longitude on the earth.  It is not derived from any particular planetary cycle or location, nor from the actual positions of the angles in a particular location.  

So when we say the degree for London is 29°52' Pisces, what is that exactly?  ???

It is the degree correlated to the precise longitude of London, as derived from the geodetic map, which is based on the correlation of 0° Aries to the Prime Meridian.  

Hope that is helpful,

God bless,
Jason

Linda

Hi Jason,

So it could be referred to as the longitudinal astrological correlate, or the geodetic degree, of a location.

Thanks again for the clarifications.

Blessings,

Linda 

Tory

Quote from: Linda on Jun 30, 2012, 03:44 AM

Want to have a go at deciphering the chart(s)?

Hi Linda,

I'm working my way towards deciphering charts, getting there slowly. Thanks for your feedback on the English chart, very interesting.

Light and respect
Tory