School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Paul Ryan Birthchart

Started by Rad, Aug 13, 2012, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rad

Hi All,

For those who are interested here is the birth chart for Paul Ryan.

God Bless, Rad

Gray

Thank you for posting this, Rad,

Paul Ryan makes me more upset than even the usual politician. I've been thinking a lot about Pisces Neptune squaring the nodal axis, have been preparing to write about it, and with this news was thinking this morning how much Paul Ryan and his agenda seem tied in with Neptune squaring the nodal axis- I know it is much deeper than that, but so many people are dealing with so many illusions in this time period and feeling disillusionment and confused, and it always seems Republicans and Conservatives like to make fun of "ungrounded" people lost in their "woo-woo" imaginal worlds, and yet Paul Ryan and his agenda is so full of deception and illusion, it is so illusionary, so tied in with the illusion of Ayn Rand and other sources....I haven't thought about this chart you've posted much yet, but just seeing right away he has a 0 degree Sagitarius Neptune conjunct his Ascendant! Getting squared by Pisces Neptune right now, it's just so perfect for what I was thinking about him....
Also going along with this, the Pisces North Node ruled by that Neptune in the 3rd house!  And then that fixed 2nd house energy....Very interesting and makes so much sense....

Could you please explain some of the glyphs on the chart? You may have explained them elsewhere so I am sorry for a repeat question....i am familiar with the glyphs for asteroids like Vesta, Juno, Ceres, Pallas Athena,....but not some of the others....

Blessings,
Gray

Rad

Hi Gray,

To me everyone in America should be on total alarm and concern about Ryan and Romney because they, to me, are essentially con men....Pisces....trying to purposefully deceive and lie in order to mask their actual agendas. And not just these two, but the entire Republican party, and much of America's corporate media who are actively complicit in this deception.

Not sure what symbols you don't understand but an guessing the symbol conjunct his Saturn is Sedna, and the one conjunct his Chiron is Eris. If there are others please let me know.

God Bless, Rad

I found the below article in the NY Times about the con job or 'fairy tale' about Ryan and his budget. The guy who wrote it was former presidents Reagan's director of the budget.

August 13, 2012
Paul Ryan's Fairy-Tale Budget Plan
By DAVID A. STOCKMAN

Greenwich, Conn.

PAUL D. RYAN is the most articulate and intellectually imposing Republican of the moment, but that doesn't alter the fact that this earnest congressman from Wisconsin is preaching the same empty conservative sermon.

Thirty years of Republican apostasy - a once grand party's embrace of the welfare state, the warfare state and the Wall Street-coddling bailout state - have crippled the engines of capitalism and buried us in debt. Mr. Ryan's sonorous campaign rhetoric about shrinking Big Government and giving tax cuts to "job creators" (read: the top 2 percent) will do nothing to reverse the nation's economic decline and arrest its fiscal collapse.

Mr. Ryan professes to be a defense hawk, though the true conservatives of modern times - Calvin Coolidge, Herbert C. Hoover, Robert A. Taft, Dwight D. Eisenhower, even Gerald R. Ford - would have had no use for the neoconconservative imperialism that the G.O.P. cobbled from policy salons run by Irving Kristol's ex-Trotskyites three decades ago. These doctrines now saddle our bankrupt nation with a roughly $775 billion "defense" budget in a world where we have no advanced industrial state enemies and have been fired (appropriately) as the global policeman.

Indeed, adjusted for inflation, today's national security budget is nearly double Eisenhower's when he left office in 1961 (about $400 billion in today's dollars) - a level Ike deemed sufficient to contain the very real Soviet nuclear threat in the era just after Sputnik. By contrast, the Romney-Ryan version of shrinking Big Government is to increase our already outlandish warfare-state budget and risk even more spending by saber-rattling at a benighted but irrelevant Iran.

Similarly, there can be no hope of a return to vibrant capitalism unless there is a sweeping housecleaning at the Federal Reserve and a thorough renunciation of its interest-rate fixing, bond buying and recurring bailouts of Wall Street speculators. The Greenspan-Bernanke campaigns to repress interest rates have crushed savers, mocked thrift and fueled enormous overconsumption and trade deficits.

The greatest regulatory problem - far more urgent that the environmental marginalia Mitt Romney has fumed about - is that the giant Wall Street banks remain dangerous quasi-wards of the state and are inexorably prone to speculative abuse of taxpayer-insured deposits and the Fed's cheap money. Forget about "too big to fail." These banks are too big to exist - too big to manage internally and to regulate externally. They need to be broken up by regulatory decree. Instead, the Romney-Ryan ticket attacks the pointless Dodd-Frank regulatory overhaul, when what's needed is a restoration of Glass-Steagall, the Depression-era legislation that separated commercial and investment banking.

Mr. Ryan showed his conservative mettle in 2008 when he folded like a lawn chair on the auto bailout and the Wall Street bailout. But the greater hypocrisy is his phony "plan" to solve the entitlements mess by deferring changes to social insurance by at least a decade.

A true agenda to reform the welfare state would require a sweeping, income-based eligibility test, which would reduce or eliminate social insurance benefits for millions of affluent retirees. Without it, there is no math that can avoid giant tax increases or vast new borrowing. Yet the supposedly courageous Ryan plan would not cut one dime over the next decade from the $1.3 trillion-per-year cost of Social Security and Medicare.

Instead, it shreds the measly means-tested safety net for the vulnerable: the roughly $100 billion per year for food stamps and cash assistance for needy families and the $300 billion budget for Medicaid, the health insurance program for the poor and disabled. Shifting more Medicaid costs to the states will be mere make-believe if federal financing is drastically cut.

Likewise, hacking away at the roughly $400 billion domestic discretionary budget (what's left of the federal budget after defense, Social Security, health and safety-net spending and interest on the national debt) will yield only a rounding error's worth of savings after popular programs (which Republicans heartily favor) like cancer research, national parks, veterans' benefits, farm aid, highway subsidies, education grants and small-business loans are accommodated.

Like his new boss, Mr. Ryan has no serious plan to create jobs. America has some of the highest labor costs in the world, and saddles workers and businesses with $1 trillion per year in job-destroying payroll taxes. We need a national sales tax - a consumption tax, like the dreaded but efficient value-added tax - but Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan don't have the gumption to support it.

The Ryan Plan boils down to a fetish for cutting the top marginal income-tax rate for "job creators" - i.e. the superwealthy - to 25 percent and paying for it with an as-yet-undisclosed plan to broaden the tax base. Of the $1 trillion in so-called tax expenditures that the plan would attack, the vast majority would come from slashing popular tax breaks for employer-provided health insurance, mortgage interest, 401(k) accounts, state and local taxes, charitable giving and the like, not to mention low rates on capital gains and dividends. The crony capitalists of K Street already own more than enough Republican votes to stop that train before it leaves the station.

In short, Mr. Ryan's plan is devoid of credible math or hard policy choices. And it couldn't pass even if Republicans were to take the presidency and both houses of Congress. Mr. Romney and Mr. Ryan have no plan to take on Wall Street, the Fed, the military-industrial complex, social insurance or the nation's fiscal calamity and no plan to revive capitalist prosperity - just empty sermons.

David A. Stockman, who was the director of the Office of Management and Budget from 1981 to 1985, is the author of the forthcoming book "The Great Deformation: How Crony Capitalism Corrupts Free Markets and Democracy."

Gray

Thank you Rad,

I agree with you.

The one other symbol i am unfamiliar with is conjunct his Moon.

blessings,
Gray

Rad

Hi Gray,

That other symbol is Cupid.

God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi all, I'd like to offer some basic perspective on this chart as well.

Definitely a big time liar - the signatures are very clear and he is in fact very compatible with Romney.
Neptune in just about a square to the nodes - via the sn in Virgo in the 9th implies a karma of lying, identifying with various philosophical ideas and becoming a spokesperson for those ideas - and yet having been overly forceful dogmatic and judgemental in his convincing of others as to the validity of those ideas. The nature of these ideas being rooted in a strong judeo christian concept of sin and guilt - ie spirit and flesh being antithetical - this soul has then alienated others and likely "gone to holy" war in some sense, with these ideas. The further crisis that has been created has been by way of him them lying and exaggerating according to different social circumstances - nn in Pisces in the 3rd ruled by that neptune - thus a strong pattern of duplicity covered up with a very strong and enthusiastic capacity to inspire with larger than life ideas.

The ruler of his sn is Mercury in Cap in the second house - which itself is ruled by Saturn in Taurus in the 5th. These are signatures that have pointed to his manipulation of words all according to his own self interest. That Saturn is conj Lucifer and they square their own ruler which is back in the second house.

All of this relative to Pluto in Virgo in the 10th - he will say anything and use his words like a sword, first house, to reach the success that he is most identified with. This soul is deeply fixated on rising the ranks and well before this life has learned how to speak and how to behave in order to do that. Noting his Mercury is in cap in the second house - he naturally internalizes the various philosophies and concepts he is attracted to and makes them his own - these ideas then become the basis for his own sense of worth leading to great stubbornness and an unmovable position - even if his ideas are a complete lie, once he has identified something to believe in, he will not budge. That Mercury is just about an exact semi square to neptune - bring to an absolute completion the new phase between those two planets. This signifies that this soul will really make it all his own and intends to identify strongly from within himself, to "own" the various thought forms and mental constructions that will serve his delusional sense of special purpose. An example of that is his attraction to the philosophy of Ayn Rand - he literally bought her books, owned many copies, and gave them away to those he worked with. And now that he is a vp candiadate he has to somehow make it seem that he does not ascribe to Rand's objectivist philosophy but rather a religious catholic with christian ethics and morals. This is all happening via a very skillful and strong capacity to seem like he is not contradicting himself at all - when you listen to him talk, it seems like he has never budged from his original perspectives. Mercury in Cap in the second. Quite skillful!

His Mars in Aries in a full phase opposition to Pluto. His own self image is defined by his sense of freedom and independence - and thus there is a strong desire nature within this soul to do whatever he wants and not be restricted by others. The challenge, and I think this is a bit scary given the nature of this soul, is that the imperative for this soul is to learn how to instigate his own desires in a way that is in cooperation with the "rules" ie to also be socially accepted and to achieve the social success he desires. This implies a soul that in recent lives has learned to actualize their own desires within a social context by learning how to direct his impulses in an appropriate way (recent full phase opposition). This soul has a strong capacity to do that - kind of like an inner dictator (mars in Aries int he 4th) wanting to plunge through into the larger social sphere and is learning the skillfulness to do that. The opposition he will face in this life are two fold. One are the current rules of the nation country he is a part of. He will try to change whatever he can according to his own self interest. And 2, what we can call natural ethics - God's laws. This is the basis for the immense karma this soul has already generated. And I do not know where this soul is in it's movement towards evil, or if the contract had already been made. However I know that this soul is not moving in a good direction. Rad, are you able to provide more context in that regard?

This soul is a bit more dangerous than Romney because Romney is clumsy and has learned to act like he knows what he is doing. Ryan on the other hand seems to have more karmic experience in being successful than the soul of Romney does.

God bless,
Ari Moshe

Rad

Hi Ari,

Your analysis is spot on.

"His Mars in Aries in a full phase opposition to Pluto. His own self image is defined by his sense of freedom and independence - and thus there is a strong desire nature within this soul to do whatever he wants and not be restricted by others. The challenge, and I think this is a bit scary given the nature of this soul, is that the imperative for this soul is to learn how to instigate his own desires in a way that is in cooperation with the "rules" ie to also be socially accepted and to achieve the social success he desires. This implies a soul that in recent lives has learned to actualize their own desires within a social context by learning how to direct his impulses in an appropriate way (recent full phase opposition). This soul has a strong capacity to do that - kind of like an inner dictator (mars in Aries int he 4th) wanting to plunge through into the larger social sphere and is learning the skillfulness to do that. The opposition he will face in this life are two fold. One are the current rules of the nation country he is a part of. He will try to change whatever he can according to his own self interest. And 2, what we can call natural ethics - God's laws. This is the basis for the immense karma this soul has already generated. And I do not know where this soul is in it's movement towards evil, or if the contract had already been made. However I know that this soul is not moving in a good direction. Rad, are you able to provide more context in that regard?"

I don't see this Soul as have making an actual contract with Lucifer. Yet the Soul has the same dynamic and psychology of Romney/Greeley relative the 'end justifying the means'. In the time of Abraham Lincoln this Soul was a person named Claiborne Fox Jackson, a governor of Missouri. Here is a link to wikipedia that talks about him:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claiborne_Fox_Jackson

Attached are the birth chart for Jackson, noon time for birth as there is no recorded actual time of birth, and a picture of Jackson.

God Bless, Rad

Steven

Hi, Ari, Rad and all,

I am so glad that you started an analysis of this chart. I have been studying it myself and finding some challenges in interpretation. I wonder if it's possible to ask some questions, for anyone's input?

Just in case anyone has some perspectives on this, and the inclination to share them, my questions are:

How do we best read the influence of Uranus in the 10th, relative to his stated political goals?  For some reason, I'm having a hard time grasping what Uranus signifies here. Does this energy tie into what Ari is mentioning about "breaking the rules" re: The Arian Mars opposite Pluto?

Also, the conjunction of Mars and Chiron itself-- one reflection of this wounding in regard to both Martial and Arian archetypal energy would be a soul hesitant to take action, initiate, etc. Clearly, this signature is being reflected in another fashion here by Ryan-- any thoughts on how this psychic wounding is informing the actions we see in this soul's public career?

Thanks for any input here.

Steven

ari moshe

Hi Steven I'll offer my understanding here and let others add whatever else is necessary.

QuoteHow do we best read the influence of Uranus in the 10th, relative to his stated political goals?  For some reason, I'm having a hard time grasping what Uranus signifies here. Does this energy tie into what Ari is mentioning about "breaking the rules" re: The Arian Mars opposite Pluto?

Within the context of the consensus state this souls essential nature is to perceive the political structure of his nation, country from a very objective point of view - he will naturally consider himself to have a high degree of intelligence and comprehension of what the nations needs and how to supply those needs. He wont break the rules in the sense of what is politically considered "right" bc of the nature of this souls agenda and ea stage - he doesn't want to literally rebel from anything here. He will however have a strong intelligence that can see the total structure of the times he is living in very clearly - and relative to the mars Chiron in opposition, it shows how he is then capable of using his own intelligence as a means to actualize his own dictatorial impulses. The challenge for him, especially given the fact of the opposition being gibbous, is to learn how to "make changes" in his society - to liberate the nation from the "rules" that he deems antithetical to what he is trying to create, my making the necessary adjustments in his own personal life and how he behaves - to balance between his personal desires with gaining the support of enough people (Uranus - ie political community) on the political level to support his agenda. Thus the need to throw off whatever social and domestic behaviors that do not support that balance.

That Uranus is also squaring that Mercury in Capricorn in the second. Remebering that Mercury rules his sn in virgo in the 9th and its semi square with Neptune which squares the nodes - he has a very strong and fixed mental nature that creates very solid intellectual constructs that he uses in order to further his own agendas that he is trying to convince others. So this square, being first quarter, then implies the pressure within this soul to find new actions, new ways of solidifying and crystalizing his ideas and "facts" into a concrete political reality - ie passing new laws and "liberating" from old ones (or in this case, what Obama has been trying to do with health care.

So I think the main thing to understand here is that in the consensus state Uranus can correlate to the creation of trauma for groups of people and the dynamic of elitism and special interest groups. Good example: Cheney who had Pluto in the 11th and Sarah Pallin who is full of Aquarius in her own chart. From what I understand, I think the tea party is a good example of a consensus state Aquarius dynamic.

QuoteAlso, the conjunction of Mars and Chiron itself-- one reflection of this wounding in regard to both Martial and Arian archetypal energy would be a soul hesitant to take action, initiate, etc. Clearly, this signature is being reflected in another fashion here by Ryan-- any thoughts on how this psychic wounding is informing the actions we see in this soul's public career?

One thing I have learned here as well is that Chiron also correlates to where a soul has created wounding patterns for others. Here we see a self image that constructed around his own autonomy and getting what he wants - like an immature child. The absolute balsamic conjunction between Mars and Chiron means he is bringing to a culmination in this life of many lifetimes of having acted out of an immature self interest - and relative to the opposition to all the 10th house dynamics, of ultimately learning how to act out his own desires in a way that has a constructive social/political effect.

For many souls Chiron eventually manifests as a deep guilt based on prior actions that need to be resolved, improved upon. That guilt is the basis of what many call the sacred wound. That however is not true for all souls. Feeling guilt already implies a significant degree of self awareness. Like Romney, Ryan does not seem to be moving in that direction.
With love
Ari Moshe

Linda

Ari,

Your last two analyses are just brilliant!!

Thank you,

Linda

Rad

Hi Ari,

Bravo for your EA analysis of the questions posed by Steven.

God bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi all, here are some observations about Jackson that are meaningful to point out in understanding the general karmic past of Ryan. This provides further context for understanding the nature of the Aries Mars Chiron opposition to those 10th house planets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claiborne_Fox_Jackson

In the life of Clairborn Jackson, Jackson was the governor of Missouri and eventually succeeded from the union. He put immense effort into opposing Lincoln's commands and in establishing his own authority in his state - he was an incredibly millitant soul and was in close cooperation with the president of the Confederacy, Jefferson Davis. In his chart we know that he had Mars in Aries (exact place where Ryan has it) squaring his nn in Capricorn which expresses just that dynamic.

The ruler of his nn Saturn is conjunct Uranus in a new phase symbolizing that the gravity of consciousness within this soul was focused on rebelling from the prevailing status quo and starting something new - all relative to Mars squaring that Capricorn sn, militant use of authority. It was in Libra, just like there is a strong Libra/10th house emphasis in the soul of Ryan. To Jackson, what he did was fair and just - which is expressed in his words to lincoln:

Quote"Sir: Your dispatch of the 15th instant, making a call on Missouri for four regiments of men for immediate service, as been received. There can be, I apprehend, no doubt that the men are intended to form a part of the President's army to make war upon the people of the seceded states. Your requisition, in my judgment, is illegal, unconstitutional, and revolutionary in its object, inhuman, and diabolical and cannot be complied with. Not one man will the State of Missouri furnish to carry on any unholy crusade."[2]

This is the same exact kind of energy we are getting from Ryan's opposition to Obama. Phrases like unconstitutional.

Note Jackson's sn is Cancer which is ruled by the Moon also in a new phase conjunction with Saturn and Uranus. So there was a very strong impulse within the soul of Jackson to establish his own social identity in a completely new way. Lots of Aries, new phase impulses within that soul. And this is carried forth quite strongly into the life of Ryan. Also remembering that Capricorn Saturn is one's nation and Cancer Moon is one's identity.

Rad

Hi Ari,

This is just great EA work you are doing with the referencing of the life of Jackson to Ryan. Wonderful.

Certainly would like to encourage others to share their own EA observations about Ryan and/or the correlations to Jackson.

God Bless, Rad

Steven

"So I think the main thing to understand here is that in the consensus state Uranus can correlate to the creation of trauma for groups of people and the dynamic of elitism and special interest groups."

Thanks, Ari,

I still struggle with interpreting some symbols for the consensus state, but all your comments were very helpful for me in better grasping Aquarian/Uranian energy at a consensus state.

A lot for me to think on here, as I keep contemplating the inherant pitfalls of the 10th/11th house archetypes, and Saturn/Uranus, Capricorn/Aquarius, etc.

I will try to add some comments on the Jackson/Ryan comparision.

Thanks again!