Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New ea practice thread for beginners  (Read 19758 times)
rita

« Reply #45 on: Aug 29, 2012, 12:21 PM »

Hi All,
A new try,

With Pluto in the seventh house the Souls greatest resistance to growth has been in the area of relationships.
Pluto 7 house because it is Cardinal, and in an angular house it is considered a relatively new energy and the person has been learning the on going lesson on how to be involved with its partners on an equal basis.
The Pluto person will feel a rooted compelling desire to be in a relationship to feel complete and fulfilled
The Souls desire has been to be in as many relationships as possible so through comparison and contrast it has learned how to objectify reality as it is for the other.
By listening( Venus correlates to listening ) to the other person through a personal need, wish or desire the Pluto person will not hear the partners needs,  giving the opportunity for an imbalance to manifest within the relationship, which will create a crisis so the Pluto person is remembered to listen really to the needs of the other person.  
Pluto in the 7 house symbolizes the need to be in a relationship to feel complete, but when a Pluto person is in a relationship in which it has become the dominant partner for its self centered insecurities, by choosing a partner that is fragile or has little self esteem. The opposite can also happen in which the Pluto person is dominated by the partner, either way this distortion of the 7 house archetype will manifest itself as to be needed or to be needy.
Pluto 7 house also manifests it self as expectations and projected needs in a relationship and the way we give or with hold from others. If our  needs in a relationship are not met, with holding giving to the other, becomes easy.
Through the needs, values and opinions of others with whom they have had relationships with, the Pluto person has learned its own needs, desires and values.
Too many relationships can bring the Pluto person too many different opinions, points of views and values  becoming overly identified and loose in the way its own individuality. this would make the Pluto person confused as who and what they are. This has occurred because they have become too dependent on these opinions. Objectivity and to listen are the lessons to be mastered.

Pluto 7th house has adopted other peoples realities, values, beliefs and has forgotten its own needs. By being the extension of their partner they have lost their ability to be themselves. They do not feel capable or secure enough to make their own decisions and to do things alone, by themselves. This dependency to be in a relationship to feel complete, secure is going to eventually create an imbalance /unequal situation.  These crisis will occur so as to give the Pluto person the opportunity to learn the lessons of objectivity, listening and learning when to give or not to give.

This person has possibly been in relationships in which its own individuality was overshadowed by the partners needs, values, making the Pluto person an extension of the partner, this creates extreme situations in which the partner can become abusive or the 7th house Pluto be the abuser by having relationships with people that are vulnerable and weak, making them believe that they (other) cannot survive without the Pluto person.

The Pluto person by focussing on the polarity point Aries (Ist house) cardinal energy will feel the desire to be independent, he will desire to venture his own life direction, be alone and be ok, without the opinions or advices of others, and at the same time the Pluto person will learn not to control or interfere if the partner takes a new direction or decision in his life. The lesson here is to accept the new decision without having to put a block or feel threatened towards it.
The Pluto person will learn that to be independent, have its own opinions, values, beliefs, desires….does not threaten the relationship or make the Pluto person less secure.
The Pluto person evolutionary intent is to develop a balance between being alone and being with people and that he learns to be in a relationship in a new way.
On the contrary by being able to be in a relationship that is based on equality and balance, the Pluto person will have achieved the real polarity intent.

kora

« Reply #46 on: Aug 29, 2012, 04:28 PM »

Hi Ari and Everyone,

Thank you Ari for your responses to my questions about the ego.  What you said brought clarification and made sense....I will continue to ask questions as they evolve and appreciate the references to explore for additional insights.  I am amazed at how much comes up through this practice process and am deeply grateful for everyones thoughtful contributions to this discussion.   For me this format provides a very rich learning situation.  I will be away from my computer for a few days so will join in again when I can.  Love and Blessings to all!

Kora   
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #47 on: Aug 30, 2012, 06:16 AM »

Hi Gray, thank you for participating in this thread. Everything you wrote is accurate for this signature. What you wrote here was really insightful for me and well put:

Ultimately 7th house Pluto people are learning about themselves and their desires, including their separating desires, through their relationships and what is getting reflected back to them. To just go off by themselves out of relationship forever, would be like the spiritual seeker going off into the mountains or into isolation to meditate and gain all this wisdom, wisdom the seeker could soon find out isn't fully integrated once back into the socialized world with all of its difficulties again.  7th house Pluto people will be continually retesting their development through each new relationship and each new interaction with current relationships, in a constant process of gaining greater balance if they are evolving forward and learning how to listen more effectively and give what the other truly needs.  When not evolving forward, 7th house Plutos could be dominant and manipulative in relationships through their ability to key in on the desires of others, or lost in a fog of not knowing their true sense of self through following along with the values and desires of others around them who seem to possess something they think they need, when in actuality the pluto polarity point suggests this power could be found within themselves.  The movement toward the first house polarity point is also about taking responsibility for their self and how they have acted in relationships and contributed to the dynamic, instead of victimizing themselves or placing the blame on the other person, or trying to draw in a circle of outside support to make themselves feel better about themselves instead of doing the deeper harder work of changing behavior patterns.

With love,
Ari Moshe
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #48 on: Aug 30, 2012, 07:16 AM »

Hi Robbyn,

Kora, I was thinking about the same thing today re the ego/personality. Traditional astrology refers to the 1st house (ascendant) as "the mask we wear" to show others. How we best adapt to our environment. Ari, how does EA describe the function of the ascending sign on the 1st house cusp? Thanks, Robin

Steve offered a great clarification for the 4 angles in general:
http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,124.0.html

And Deva offers a great response as well: http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,668.msg10867.html#msg10867

She wrote:
In a general sense, the AC-DC will reflect how we project ourselves to others consciously ( DC/7th house) and how we instinctualy  express ourselves within the environment (AC/1st house). It is important to understand that how others see us based on that instinctual expression is not always how we see ourselves. This is because this instinctual response is not a conscious action on our part. On the other hand the conscious projection of ourselves towards others (DC 7th house) is based on the instinctual nature of the AC/1st house.
     The example the JWG gives of a person with Scorpio on the AC and Taurus on the DC helped clarify this for me. In this example, when a person with this AC/DC comes into the room they sit in the very back and do not speak to anyone. The point within this is that Taurus DC is projecting a persona of being self-contained and inwardly secure and stable to “offset” fears of abandonment, betrayal and loss reflected in the Scorpio AC. The instinctual expression of the Scorpio AC is often perceived as “intense” although the person does not see themselves in this light.

To come back to the analogy of the 2 year old child. This child requires immense freedom to act upon their own desires - thus that freedom is the gateway to it's own moment to moment self discovery - wherever it is. This is an instinctual process AND it is happening on a conscious level (the child knows that it is putting its hand in the socket).

And at the same time the child is not aware of how they appear to other people. Thus it is the very opposite of the mask we are putting on (otherwise known as a persona). Jeff Green teaches that the persona is in fact the Descendant.

If you make that 2 year old child an astrological archetype, lets say Scorpio - it may come across as intense, however it won't think of itself as that - that is what it looks like from the point of view of an outsider.

As always, feel free to ask more about this - but I'd suggest continuing in another thread or posting in one of the other threads I posted above.
With love
Ari Moshe
Upasika
Very Active Member

« Reply #49 on: Aug 30, 2012, 07:29 AM »

Hi all,

It's just great to read everyone's posts - very enjoyable to read. I know it's meant to be a beginners thread but you do not seem like real beginners to me, a lot of what you're saying makes very good sense. And thanks Ari for creating the thread - a wonderful idea. It is just so good to have a thread where anyone can have a go no matter how much they know or don't know or unsure they feel.

Kora and others were asking whether the 1st house is an ego house, or similar, and Ari has said to chip in so I'll outline how I see it. (While I've been writing I see Ari has provided some great links but I'll post this too).

Regarding the idea in traditional astrology of the 1st house being the "ego" house - this comes from Aries being thought of as the most self centered sign (me, me, me) and thus the "ego" sign. And Aries is a very self centered sign - literally. It is focussed on itself. Aries is supposedly selfish, and this is regarded as egoistic. Thus the 1st house could be called an ego building house. But all this doesn't really equate to ego as it is understood in EA. I would say that traditional astrology is referring more to the personality when they say this about Aries ... the personality as in someone's "predictable character".

Whereas in EA the ego describes a much deeper aspect of ourselves - the sense of being a separate entity, the self, which maintains it separateness by a usually subconscious habitual attachment to the past sense of self. In other words a perpetuation of the same sense of oneself, the same inner identity, on an ongoing basis. Represented in EA by the Moon, a clinging (Cancer/4th) to that which is subconsciously familiar ... which itself is simply a reflection of the deeper more unconscious familiarity, sense of self, present in the Soul (Pluto/Scorpio/8th).

Aries/Mars/1st house is all about a direct awareness of oneself, ones immediate space, one's body and breathing, the warmth in one's big toe, oneself. This point of self focus creates the greatest possibility to become aware of one's instinctual feelings and urges, and to immediately act on these. The thing about instincts is that they have nothing to do with the past or the future, they only operate in the present. And they don't manifest in the thinking process, they arise spontaneously via the body and then sometimes feelings - primitive urges. So the 1st house puts us in touch with these, and thus puts us in touch with our immediate natural needs. Temporarily we become one with ourself. This is one core value of Aries. Not so much to do with ego (in the sense described above) but more to do with being first and foremost present to oneself.

A small story might illustrate ...

I had gone to the beach with my girlfriend and another friend of ours on a Christmas day. Beautiful sunny day with blue sky and hot sun, a slight breeze. The beach was very isolated and wild, usually big surf pounding against rocky outcrops, but big long sweeps of sandy beach between the outcrops. Glistening black iron sand, towering cliffs as a back drop to the beach. We had to walk down through bush for 30 minutes to get there, and no -one else was there when we arrived late afternoon.

The tide was out a long way, and the water remarkably calm (unusually) with waves only about a foot high, so we all delighted and jumped in. I was a little distance away from the girls, in up to my waist sometimes my chest, playing in very small waves. As each wave came in I would gently rise off the bottom and as it passed me I would touch down onto the sand again. Doing that for about 20 minutes, and then one time when I came down as the wave passed by me towards the shore my feet didn't hit the bottom. Strange I thought, and looked around - I was just where I had been all the time. So I swam a bit towards the shore and then stood up, thinking that would easily get me back to touching the sea floor. But no, I still couldn't. Can't be a problem I thought, only half a minute ago I was touching the bottom, I'll just swim to the shore a bit more, which I did, only this time I put in a real strong burst for a couple of minutes. That's fixed it I said to myself as I stood up. But no! No change whatsoever. And then I noticed the sea had completely changed - it had become another animal, and fast ... it was now frothing with white water hissing and flying higher off the waves, a strong current had developed and was pulling out and sideways, and I was in deep water. The tide had turned and water was pouring in from everywhere. The Moon was losing it's grip on it, and it was returning to the land with a vengeance it seemed.

The beach itself didn't look very far away, but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't reach it. And all the trying made me very tired. And I was starting to get pretty concerned, things were out of control. At this point I entered 1st house territory in full. I became very foccused on myself and my immediate needs. I could feel the rip trying to pull me out to sea, and panicked a bit. Instinctively (1st house) I tried to swim against the rip as I was still pretty close to the shore, and couldn't understand how only a couple of minutes ago I was standing in waist deep water in a calm sea feeling perfectly safe (Cancer/4th house). However the more I tried the more I tired myself out, and effectively stayed in the same position. I was not being pulled out to sea at all, but I just couldn't swim the 10 -15 metres I needed to get into what was obviously shallow water. So frustrating! But also so dangerous. I had exhausted myself, and now had no resistance to the rip. The sea had turned and was now choppy and rough, waves much bigger, swell rising, and I was suddenly floating out to sea. I called out to the others who were close in by the shore and they heard me and looked up, and slowly realised what was happening. But then I was gone - out I went.

Once I was quite a long way out, near the back of where the waves were breaking, the current became a bit weaker, and I could once again hold my own against it. I then saw my girlfriend swimming out to me so I did my best to tread water until she got to me. She was a good swimmer and was soon with me, and we now entered 7th house big time. Bobbing up and down in the swirling swell we talked ... how was I?, what to do, how could we get help (our friend was not much of a swimmer, the beach was deserted, the sun would be soon setting, and I was now exhausted and had taken in quite a bit of water), and decided that she would try and tow me in to the shore. I put my hand on her shoulder and she started off...but we both just went straight under. Coming up for air we looked at each other, to continue trying that would not have been healthy (codependency), and we quickly agreed to abandon that idea. Then in the middle of talking more about what options might be left, if any ............... suddenly she just disappeared! She was swimming very strongly into the shore. I thought to myself "we've tried all we can amongst oursleves, she is obviously   going to get help, she's going to run back up the track to the cliff top and try and raise the alarm, maybe a farm house close by or something. It was a long shot ... that would take 40 minutes or more and I wasn't sure I would be able to last that long. But it was our only option and I was so glad she had intuitively realised that and wasted no time in getting going.

................. a lot happened after this that in the end resulted in (obviously) me still being here to tell the tale, but its too much to go into here.........

The interesting bit is this. When my girlfriend got to the shore she didn't run up the beach to the track and up the cliff at all. She stopped at the shoreline and turned around and just watched me from the shore. I tried screaming at her to go for help (2nd house survival needs projected onto the other via the inconjunt between 2nd and 7th) but she was way too far away to hear me. So I was left on my own. From 7th house back to 1st, with a thump! There was noone left in the whole wide world to save me now. Darkness was coming, 2 others on a wild lonely beach who were not coming in the water at all and I was exhausted, full of water, and drifting rapidly out to sea by the minute, way out. I entered 8th house and starting having thoughts of death....

But why did my girlfriend just watch me from the shore? I found out later that when we had been talking she suddenly noticed for the first time how strong the current was, and suddenly was seized with a fear for her own safety. She hadn't felt that before, she was powered by adrenaline and a desire to save me (7th house). But the moment she felt that fear her instincts (1st house) kicked in and she just instinctively swam for safety. It wasn't ego, if anything it was survival (2nd house), but it was totally in the present and nothing to do with her past, her idea of herself, her identity as such (Cancer/4th house/Moon) - it was Mars acting here (Aries/1st house) - yes she was being selfish (Aries), but she wasn't acting from ego (Cancer/4th).

Hope that makes sense. And if anyone has a different view please just say.

blessings,
Upasika
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2012, 02:34 PM by Upasika » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #50 on: Aug 30, 2012, 08:18 AM »

Hi Rita, first not a worry about phrasing I understand English is not your main language. As always the value is in the effort. Thank you for your efforts here and this post of yours. It was all very clear and accurate.

Hi Rita,

Hi All,
A new try,

With Pluto in the seventh house the Souls greatest resistance to growth has been in the area of relationships.
Pluto 7 house because it is Cardinal, and in an angular house it is considered a relatively new energy and the person has been learning the on going lesson on how to be involved with its partners on an equal basis.
The Pluto person will feel a rooted compelling desire to be in a relationship to feel complete and fulfilled
The Souls desire has been to be in as many relationships as possible so through comparison and contrast it has learned how to objectify reality as it is for the other.
By listening( Venus correlates to listening ) to the other person through a personal need, wish or desire the Pluto person will not hear the partners needs,  giving the opportunity for an imbalance to manifest within the relationship, which will create a crisis so the Pluto person is remembered to listen really to the needs of the other person.  
Pluto in the 7 house symbolizes the need to be in a relationship to feel complete, but when a Pluto person is in a relationship in which it has become the dominant partner for its self centered insecurities, by choosing a partner that is fragile or has little self esteem. The opposite can also happen in which the Pluto person is dominated by the partner, either way this distortion of the 7 house archetype will manifest itself as to be needed or to be needy.
Pluto 7 house also manifests it self as expectations and projected needs in a relationship and the way we give or with hold from others. If our  needs in a relationship are not met, with holding giving to the other, becomes easy.
Through the needs, values and opinions of others with whom they have had relationships with, the Pluto person has learned its own needs, desires and values.
Too many relationships can bring the Pluto person too many different opinions, points of views and values  becoming overly identified and loose in the way its own individuality. this would make the Pluto person confused as who and what they are. This has occurred because they have become too dependent on these opinions. Objectivity and to listen are the lessons to be mastered.

Pluto 7th house has adopted other peoples realities, values, beliefs and has forgotten its own needs. By being the extension of their partner they have lost their ability to be themselves. They do not feel capable or secure enough to make their own decisions and to do things alone, by themselves. This dependency to be in a relationship to feel complete, secure is going to eventually create an imbalance /unequal situation.  These crisis will occur so as to give the Pluto person the opportunity to learn the lessons of objectivity, listening and learning when to give or not to give.

This person has possibly been in relationships in which its own individuality was overshadowed by the partners needs, values, making the Pluto person an extension of the partner, this creates extreme situations in which the partner can become abusive or the 7th house Pluto be the abuser by having relationships with people that are vulnerable and weak, making them believe that they (other) cannot survive without the Pluto person.

The Pluto person by focussing on the polarity point Aries (Ist house) cardinal energy will feel the desire to be independent, he will desire to venture his own life direction, be alone and be ok, without the opinions or advices of others, and at the same time the Pluto person will learn not to control or interfere if the partner takes a new direction or decision in his life. The lesson here is to accept the new decision without having to put a block or feel threatened towards it.
The Pluto person will learn that to be independent, have its own opinions, values, beliefs, desires….does not threaten the relationship or make the Pluto person less secure.
The Pluto person evolutionary intent is to develop a balance between being alone and being with people and that he learns to be in a relationship in a new way.
On the contrary by being able to be in a relationship that is based on equality and balance, the Pluto person will have achieved the real polarity intent.

Yes and just to clarify that in the end the evolutionary intent is not balanced relationship, it is to establish a relationship with oneself first and foremost. Balanced relationship is what is learned and affected as a result of the soul embacing it's polarity point - i.e. its desire to evolve and look within.

With love,
Ari Moshe
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #51 on: Aug 31, 2012, 07:18 AM »

Hi all, at this point we are just about ready to move on to the next step! I will with another day or so to see if there are any further questions/ if anything further wishes to be added.
With love,
am
Henrik

« Reply #52 on: Aug 31, 2012, 08:24 AM »

Hi Ari.

Thank you so much for your response. I will reflect on what you wrote and if I have any questions I will post them. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

All the best,
Henrik
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #53 on: Sep 02, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Hi everyone,

Ok, the time has come to add the next step! We will now place the south node of the Moon in the 3rd house. Later we will the north node and then add the signs and perhaps even the planetary rulers.

The south node symbolizes the kind of identity the soul has created in the past to facilitate it's evolutionary intention. Thus the south node provides the specific, individualized context for the position of Pluto.

And of course, from the point of view of the soul itself, Pluto is always the "why" behind the south node. This is because the identity that the soul creates in each life serves as the focusing agent for the soul to pursue/exhaust its desires. 

So what we want to examine now is how has this soul sought to actualize the kinds of desires it has had in the past? What are some of the gifts and capacities that may be inherent to this soul - and what are some of the limitations/unconscious dynamics that this soul may have brought forth with them into the current life?

At this point we are still keeping it generic and not adding an evolutionary state or specific gender/cultural context for this soul. You may wish to review the Pluto in the 3rd house section in the Pluto book in order to review the basic meaning of that archetype. There is also ample material on the 3rd house/Gemini archetype on this message board.

And thank you all again for participating here! This is truly a pleasure and an honor for me. And remember any effort is just wonderful. I will respond accordingly.
With love, God bless
Ari Moshe
rita

« Reply #54 on: Sep 04, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Hi Ari,
Hi All,

South Node third house Gemini, ruler Mercury, Air, masculine, mutable

With the South Node in Gemini / third house, the evolutionary intent in the past has been to seek out and gather as much information as possible so to feel emotionally secure and safe, but usually all the information they gather lacks depth.

All this information will help the Third house SN person understand who and what he is according to his surroundings. He feels a constant desire for information, this unconscious urge pushes him in all directions to go and gather more information so as to be able to communicate and see the reactions it causes on others. This way the third house SN gets to understand who he is and what he is in relation to the surrounding.

The tendency for a third house SN  is too look for something that he believes will help him get to know himself, and along his quest, there is a new word. This  new word,  will catch his attention and at that point the third house SN/ Gemini will go off on a totally irrelevant avenue only to later become  emotionally insecure, confused and threatened with the new knowledge he now has and does not know what to do with it. Does it make sense?

SN third house/ Gemini is a communicator, he likes to share his knowledge. He tends to like all means of communication available to him, so as to pass on/ share the information he got and  by seeing the reaction of the other he will learn what information is important and which is not.
When third house SN/Gemini becomes distorted, he will be mentally bored or frustrated  because he needs continuous mental growth. He also tends to be very sure of his truth, beliefs or points of views,( this is also a distortion of the archetype) when others show him different truths, but just as valid as his own. This creates for the SN third house a crisis of identity, as his security has been rocked and what he thought to be true may effectively not be so true.

The PPP of third house /Gemini is Sagittarius 9 house, this archetype correlates to the intuition, teachers, and the need to understand life in a cosmological,metaphysical and philosophical way. SN / third house / Gemini will gather information and through the  PP 9 house /Sagittarius he will realize that in order to understand more about life, he needs to stop accumulating all this different information and focus on one or two subjects and understand them in a deeper cosmological and metaphysical way.
With Pluto in the seventh house / Libra and the SN in the third house /Gemini,  he has had many relationships with different people so as to get to know himself through the attitudes, behavior, opinions and beliefs of others  thus creating for himself a secure and safe environment. The potential for unbalanced / unequal relationships in which he does not really have an identity of his own occurs. This because he has been doing for so long what others do without questioning for himself if there are other ways, other truths or other religions existent. Eventually he will create a crisis because of his beliefs, opinions and encounter other peoples different points of view that threaten his own. This will force him to interiorize and seek for himself what to believe or not to believe.

The PPP is the first House Aries, this points to the need that this individual will have to go out and discover for himself what different values, opinions, religions are out there.
He will use (SN third house/ Gemini)his relationships with his immediate family, school friends and small gatherings to form his own opinion about himself,  as his opinions become more formed he will share them with conviction on to others that will have completely different points of views, creating in him doubts, which in turn become insecurities. He no longer can be sure that what he believed was really the truth. He will seek to know more, to deepen his knowledge( PP nine house/Sagittarius) to view life through a more metaphysical, cosmological and philosophical way. The evolutionary intent is for him to be in a balanced relationship in which both partners take full responsibility for what they want, allowing each other to have their own freedom, opinions, values and ideas and feel ok with the fact that they are different.

rita

Emily

« Reply #55 on: Sep 06, 2012, 09:08 AM »

Hi,

Ari - thanks for your responses!

Pluto in the 7th, SN in the 3rd:

If Pluto in the 7th is desiring to learn who it is via comparison to others and has needed to initiate a diversity of relationships to make this happen then in this situation it seems easy to see how it had created a 3rd house ego.  Both of these houses are similar in that they are yang, air houses.  The ego symbolized by the South Node in the 3rd would have been interested in gathering lots of information from other people.  Just based on these two signatures this was probably a very outgoing individual, very social, very communicative.  This person would have needed interaction with others in order to know themselves.  They may have taken in others opinions as their own without question, or may have been very skeptical of others opinions, ideas, and beliefs.  They would have had a certain restlessness about them and with regard to relationships may have been involved in many shallow/superficial relationships without real commitment (again only based on these two signatures).  There would have been a genuine sense of curiosity.  This person would have been focused on gathering information in order to form a sense of emotional security.   However for all of their openness they may still have formed limiting opinions that hindered their growth and would probably have attracted other people (7th house) who knew more than they did and challenged their way of thinking – causing the person to have to review their own logic.  The intensity of these confrontations would have been dependent on how tightly they were holding on to their opinions.  This person could be bringing gifts/capacities related to writing, speaking, or teaching.  Possible limitations could be related to be being very scattered and to consuming too much information without a solid worldview in place through which to filter all of the details.

I think these signatures imply that the individual has been attempting to learn their own truth by opening up to the environment and then trying to organize all that they take in in a logical, left-brain, way.  The lesson is going to be to pick one system that resonates with them and to rely more on intuition.  I also see how this is related to the desire to learn to be an equal in relationships, especially with respect to listening.  The South Node in the 3rd may only listen to what fits with its own opinions, and the desire of the 7th house Pluto is to learn how to listen to other points of view.  In the best case, the 3rd house South Node would be very open to listening to all points of view and to communicating with real listening and respectful response instead of reaction.

-Emily
kora

« Reply #56 on: Sep 06, 2012, 10:25 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Glad to be back on the thread!  Special thanks to Upasika for your insights and illustration regarding ego as relates to Aires, Cancer and Scorpio....I found your comments thought provoking and helpful.

Here are some of my thoughts regarding Gemini in the South Node:  This would be a soul who is coming from an ego identity based on a strongly developed intellect/mind based on its ability to organize/classify physical reality and its relationship to it....this could be a scientist.  This is someone who has been expanding sense of self through constantly learning new things.  Gemini is a mutable sign so if this person has been evolving in a positive direction he or she would be constantly expanding their understanding of themselves (ego identity) in relation to their physical environment.  This is someone who is probably a good communicator and knows how to listen to others.   This person would probably have a strong social network.  If not evolving in a progressive manner due to their egoic insecurity this person might resist expanding through new information and might instead be limited in their information sources taking in only what supports their previously established points of view.  They could be reactive, defensive in relationships with others justifying their viewpoints through well thought out logical arguments.  With Pluto in the 7th this might be someone who manipulates their partner through words or who is coyote in the sense that they appear to listen to the other but their personal agenda based on insecure ego is quite different than what appears on the surface.  They may be very reactive in their responses to their partner constantly making the partner feel they are wrong and give a good logical argument as to why.  Another possibility as far as limitation could be that they are very scattered and without any unifying system of personal truth....they might have their hands in everything but lack depth in anything....They might have totally lost the deeper sense of who they are with the other person.  Positive evolution for this person will come through the N node in Sagittarius which will require a deepening through finding their own unifying intuitive truth based on personal experience of natural law.

Kora
sfc

« Reply #57 on: Sep 07, 2012, 05:10 PM »

Happy Friday All,

My first time posting. No new insights here, but definitely good practice for me. Thanks Ari for being gracious with your time! And thanks to those who've contributed...very helpful bits.

With the SN in the 3rd, the soul has sought security by logically ordering information about its physical environment, and thereby determining its place in existence accordingly. As streams of new information are continually pouring in, the individual is confronted with the choice to either accept new ideas or to reject them. Or, of course, to unconsciously react based on her/his current framework. And while there's been the desire to find and maintain the stable mental framework that provides security, there's also the evolutionary desire to learn more about oneself via new information/experience. This dynamic creates what JWG calls 'cyclic intellectual implosions or cataclysms in which the logical structure of intellectual organization disintegrates'. So while 3rd house individuals can be dogmatic, they've also learned how to be mutable as new directly-experienced information is integrated. Lessons for the 3rd house individual involve aligning oneself with an intuitively-felt philosophical truth outside of themselves (9th house polarity). This in turn provides the 3rd house balance and mental focus.

The 7th house Pluto & 3rd house SN reveals that this soul has (in the past) gone about learning how to be an equal in relationships via the intellect and sensory experiences. Through mental feedback in each new experience, this individual has formed an understanding of its place in a relationship. The 9th house polarity would involve trusting ones 'gut' and realizing that relationships and Love are not rational and cannot be understood. It's simple to feel how movement to the 9th house essence would de-facto activate the 1st house PPP...not relying on the information feedback loop, but aligning with inner intuition.

This individual will tend to draw into her/his experience relationships with people who represent some sort of unknown in terms of information. As previous posters mentioned, there'd likely be resistance to and insecurity in light of new information and viewpoints. So while the evolutionary intent is to learn true communication, there's also a block that arises due to the 3rd house reactivity and projection. The lesson here is to open up to the 9th house polarity, realizing on a gut-level that there's an infinite number of viewpoints. Thus, giving space for true objective listening in relationships.

Hugs,
Stephen
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #58 on: Sep 11, 2012, 09:07 AM »

Hi all, I'm going to begin today to respond to the interpretations that have been offered. Those who still intend to post please let me know.
With love
am
Gray

« Reply #59 on: Sep 11, 2012, 10:06 AM »

Hi Ari,

I plan to post today.

Thank you,
Gray
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: