School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

New ea practice thread for beginners

Started by ari moshe, Aug 20, 2012, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kora

Hi Ari,

I am definitely interested in continuing on.  Thanks for doing this!

God Bless,
Kora

Henrik

Hi Ari and all.

Definitely interested. Thanks for the opportunity...

All the best,
Henrik

Wendy

Hi Ari,

I would like to participate.  I have a question about a chart I am working with, should I ask it here or create an entirely different thread--the question has to do with nodes and nodal rulers.

Thanks,
Wendy

sfc

Definitely interested! Thanks am.
~ stephen

rita

Hi Ari,
I would also like to continue, it does help to understand the EA paradigm participating and sharing the little knowledge i have, very interested.
blessings
rita

Emily

I'm interested in participating too.

Thanks Ari!

Tory

Dear Ari,

Sorry i didn't respond to you wondering if i was going to post a comment previously, i only just noticed your question now, i am just out of another 10 day workshop, i am trying to follow the thread when possible and i'm surprised how difficult i find it to combine even two archetypes.

I have more time now and am going to make an effort to participate. I am interested to explore the "energy of duality..central to Gemini" Understanding Karmic Complexes as part of the interpretation.

Thanks Ari. With love. Tory

ari moshe

Kora, Henrik, Wendy, Stephen, Rita, Emily, Tory and whoever else wishes to join - feel free to get started. And thank you all again for your participation here.

Tory mentioned a great book "Understanding Karmic Complexes" By Patricia Walsh. To me that book is an excellent ea resource for grasping the tangible nature of these archetypes from an ea perspective.

The paradigm we are working with again is Pluto in the 7th
SN in the 9th
NN in the 3rd
With love,
am

kora

Hi Ari and Everyone,

Here is my attempt for our new assignment with Pluto 7th, SNode 9th and NNode in the 3rd:

This individual's past soul desire has been to objectively know himself or herself in relationship with another through seeking a variety of relationship with different people covering extreme differences.  They have done this from a soul desire to find balance and equality in relationships and to learn how to listen to others and to give to others according to the needs of the other.  Due to egoic insecurity imbalances have occurred with several possible scenarios of how this could play out.  Examples include patterns of codependency, taking on dominant or submissive roles in relationships or depending on another in some way for self identity.  The intent for the current life (PPP 1st house) is to be free and independent and to act instinctively towards new learning that fulfills their own needs and through these actions to expand their sense of self to meet their own needs without being in relationship to another.  With the South Node in the 9th house this person has approached relationships in the past from an egoic personality structure desiring to find their truth and to expand their intuitive knowing of truth as well as developing their personal unifying belief system regarding life and the meaning of life and their place and purpose within it.  They may have been a teacher or philosopher or guru type and perhaps attracted another who wanted to learn from them or they might have relied on such others to teach them or inspire them in the direction of their own intuitive development.  Currently they would be functioning from imbalances that have occurred from a variety of possible manifestations.  Their current egoic security would be based on past beliefs and what was true for them in the past and presently they might draw in people who have a differing set of strong beliefs who confront or challenge them.  If threatened they may become very dogmatic trying to convert others or submissive to a stronger partner who tries to convert them and thus become separated from their own truth.  They might be deceptive or actually lie about their current truth.  They would likely feel quite alienated from others due to past experiences and be poor communicators finding it difficult to convey what they know through their intuition and consequent frustrations over their inability to communicate cause them to become withdrawn leading to further problems in relationships.  They might also have difficulty making commitments and  deception can occur related to this creating further challenges and confrontations.

Growth for this person can occur through embracing the NNode (3rd house) when this individual makes a deliberate effort to become a student searching out new information and experiences that can expand his or her current belief structures and/or tolerance regarding the beliefs of others.  This would involve learning new communication skills and exposing themselves to a variety of individuals with differing beliefs from an attitude of being willing to listen to them so he or she can understand where they are coming from, being willing to learn about their differences as well as their similarities.  By learning to listen this individual can become more tolerant and can begin to expand his or her own beliefs and their understanding of how many different paths to the truth can lead to an underlying resonant unity.   As this is done the PPP (1st house) automatically becomes activated.  The person instinctively acts independently in new directions following own desires for new learning and experience and through these actions expands his or her self identity.  The ego is strengthened and this person can fulfill his or her own needs instead of relying on another.  The person is more skilled if he or she chooses to be in a relationship to communicate in a better way, to listen to another and to be tolerant of a partner's point of view.  When there is the freedom and the space for each to pursue their own individual needs and an attitude of respect and tolerance for another there is also a greater liklihood that the person will bond (feel less alienated) and want to be more committed.   

Tory

Dear Ari, Dear All,

Pluto (unconscious emotional security patterns of the soul) in the 7th (Cardinal/Yang/Air) "the energy of Venus is yang and turned outwards, so we seek more than just what we can provide for ourselves-we look to 'the other' also for fulfillment" from Patricia Walsh's marvelous Understanding Karmic Complexes thanks to Patricia for her Keywords, so helpful! Pluto in 7th is on one hand learning through compare and contrast in relationships with others (indeed through all interactions outside of self) and self, having this deeply unconscious need for relationships as a platform for the souls learning, the degree to which it is unconscious and needy creating possible extremes between (swinging back and forth polarity of the 1st/7th house) co-dependancy and the 1st house PP (Cardinal/Yang/Fire) of ultimately having to fall back on self (triggering 1st house anxiety of separation) finding the courage to go within and accept that all we are searching for, ultimately is not out there manifest in a person or a thing, but to be found within.

SN (prior egocentric structure of the soul) in the 9th (Mutable/Yang/Fire) suggests prior purposeful search for knowledge/wisdom/meaning possibly constructively in relationship to others as teacher/shaman of natural law or otherwise where the knowledge/belief systems became/become an end in itself, teacher becomes a preacher, and all that goes with: dogmatic faith and ideals being forced onto others, knowledge as a means of power to control and manipulate others? (Pluto in the 7th?).

I have a question: The South Node of the Moon represents prior egocentric structure of the soul, on an emotional level?  

I need to pause and reflect and will pick up where i left off in my next post.
Light and Love
Tory

Emily

Hi All,

Pluto in the 7th House
South Node in the 9th House

So in this case the 7th house Pluto soul has used an egocentric structure of the 9th house to actualize its desires of learning to be in relationships as an equal.  The 9th house ego structure is all about the need to ..."understand themselves in a cosmological, metaphysical, philosophical, or religious context." (Pluto I JWG)  So this desire would be operating in relationships that this soul would have had in the past.  This soul has been focused on knowing the truth and created a diversity of circumstances and relationships in order to explore the nature of existence.

Assuming the soul did not yet know how to be an equal in relationships there is a chance this soul has tried to convert others to its belief system and been intolerant of others beliefs.  The person may also have had trouble communicating his/her beliefs to others due to the difficulty of translating intuitive knowing into spoken word or into a coherent teaching - which would have created a feeling of frustration and of not being able to connect with other people.

This person would have been/is highly intuitive especially with regard to other people (? 7th house) and may have used this to manipulate others to get what they wanted.

This person may also have been able to truly listen to another and combined with their keen intuition could have been a very good friend/counselor (or is this more 3rd?)

This signature indicates a very wise soul that could have been a teacher or could have continuously found itself in teacher/student relationships - in which the partners are not meeting as equals but are involved in power struggles where one knows more (or thinks it knows more) than the other.  This person could have been highly dogmatic and intolerant of others views trying to convince and convert others to their beliefs.  Or could have found itself very easily overtaken by the beliefs of other more powerful people.

Although relationships may have caused the person to feel alienated, relationships with others have been opening the soul up to their own intuitive knowing of the truth of natural law.  Whether they found themselves around others of like-mind or not at all the intention has been the same.

The degree of emotional security linked to their chosen belief system will determine the strength of confrontation they have experienced with others.

Also, this soul may not have engaged in relationship very much at all as it felt alienated from others and was focused on its search for the truth and its own special destiny.  In order to learn to engage in relationships in an equal way - if the soul has been avoiding them - at some point it will need to find balance between being in relationships and maintaining its own freedom.

Peace,
Emily

Emily

Hi -

I forgot the North Node in the 3rd:

The north node in the 3rd symbolizes that in order for this soul to enter into relationships as an equal it must learn that truth is relative and that it does not have a unique hold on the truth.  This will need to happen by the soul opening up to other people, philosophies, religions etc and realizing that there are many paths to the truth.  In this way the soul can be more relaxed in its interactions with others, not needing to convince and convert everyone to its way of thinking.  And the soul can then share the wisdom it has with anyone because it is not dependent on a specific belief system but is rooted in natural law and intuitive knowing.

-Emily

rita

Hi Ari, Hi Everybody;

Pluto in the 7th house SN in the 9th house, NN in the 3rd house:

In the past this individual´s  Soul has been involved in as many relationships as possible.
Through these relationships he learned how to listen to the needs of others so to be able to give them what they need according to the their needs, wants and desires. These relationships have also been teaching him balance and equality within the relationships he has had with others because these individuals have not learned how to do this.
There is the need to be in many relationships so that he can have many different points of views,  and this will help him to know how to relate to others and to objectively understand the significance of human nature. There is a danger that by having many relationships he will have  too many different points of views, mixing him up / confusing him. This in turn can become a compulsive behavior in which he is overly dependent on the opinions, advice or knowledge of others. Through these other peoples points of views,opinions and dictates, that he takes for his own, only adding to his inability to decide for himself how he should run his life. This in turn will only contribute to his feeling of having lost his own identity.
The possibility for extreme relationships in which codependency on the partner or by his covert behavior making the partner totally dependent on him.  These extremes the Soul created / creates, are based on him believing that his own needs are the same needs of his partner and he cannot see that he is a mere extension of his partner, this is caused by his fear of loosing his self identity and the familiar emotional security he has / knows. 
SN 9th:
In the past this individual´s Soul has been understanding himself and life in a cosmological, metaphysical, philosophical or religious context. He has been trying to understand his connection to the Universe and the world that he lives in.
His Soul / he feels, that he has a special destiny to fulfill, that he needs all the freedom to pursue the discovery of the truth for his existence. A loner due to prior lives of traveling in quest for the truth which is imprint in his subconscious, making his alienation to the society that he is born into very real, especially if the society that he is born in is  based on specific religious or philosophical systems that are limiting by their ideologies.

With Pluto in the 7th house, SN 9 house, the philosophical or intellectual confrontations that occurred with others when he expressed his intuitive knowledge, and  when confronted for his ideas, he could not really explain how he knew what he knew or why he had certainties for his beliefs.
This made it very difficult for him to have a balanced relationship in which he did not feel alienated and emotionally insecure for having different ideas, beliefs and values.    Although a loner it is possible he succeeded to keep a more equal relationship with people who could understand and listen to his intuitive knowledge and openness to Universal truth.
Sooner or later his Souls desire (PPP 1 house ) will push him to take hold of his life, he will decide for himself what directions or decisions are best for him, without the dependency previously needed of others, opinions, ideas or consent. At the same time he will have learned not to control, interfere or block his partners need to initiate new things.
SN PP 3 house, the evolutionary intent for this life is that he understands that his version of reality, laws, principles and morality are relative, he will  come to understand this through the many philosophical, metaphysical and cosmological confrontations he will have with others in which he will have learned to express his views, ideas in a language that is understood by everybody for its simplicity and truth.

blessings
rita

sfc

Hi all, here's my interpretation. I haven't read other responses yet, so apologies if there's overlap:

With a SN in the 9th house and Pluto in the 7th, this soul has in the past primarily sought out relationships that have provided it with more cosmological-philosophical knowingness. In the consensus state, this could obviously manifest as a rigid clinging to a religious group. There's been a tendency to seek the approval and affirmations of others, a spiritual teacher for example, perhaps through philosophical discourse. And on the flip side, the soul has avoided relationships with others who've symbolized some sort of philosophy incongruent with that by which it has found security (including one that invalidates the 9th house perception in general). And quite possibly, this soul has avoided expressing its direct experience of natural law/truth due to the unconscious gravitation to 'fitting in'. In any case, the underlying desire has been to gain self awareness through relationships with 'other'. With a 9th house south node, the orientation to listening/feedback has been primarily based on intuition and feeling, rather than a mercurial left-brain process. Being identified with the intuitive search and direct knowing of natural law, to the point of missing social cues and the 'here and now' details, this soul has often struggled with effectively communicating to others in a way that meets them on their own (perhaps more left-brained) terms. There's also been a tendency to rely on intuition, blindly negating information to the contrary.

Some lessons for the soul in this life will involve learning how to learn from others - humbling oneself and learning how to integrate new information without needing to compulsively consult the inner 'but why?'. There's an obvious 7th house application here. By moving beyond the need to understand the 'greater' truths, this soul will be getting into its body and actually aligning with natural law, becoming present with the 'here and now' smallness of its humanity, rather than remaining in its head and finding security in the gaining of more objective truth (a neverending expansion!). To me, this 'aligning' with the 'here and now' has a very Aries/1st essence to it, albeit on the level of mind/3rd rather than instinct/1st.

In becoming a student of life's continually flowing and changing information feedback loop, this soul is learning that 'all of life can be understood according to logical rules' (citing AM's book), and that there are plenty of ways to understand 'what is' on the level of the left brain...and that's exciting! Learning adoptability to various microcultures and other ways of thinking will be a big lesson here. By sticking with particular areas of focus in the 'here and now' (contrasted with the 9th house's tendency to get wrapped up in some grand intuited vision), to a level of actual accomplishment, this soul could be an amazing astrologer, metaphysician, author, or speaker. A keen, tactful mind on the level of phenomena (3rd house) can give way to a true enjoyment of and relationship with all things phenomenal. 

I'm also feeling that the objectivity of the 9th house and 7th house fit together in the same way that the subjectivity of the 3rd house and 1st house do. The 9th house orientation ultimately leads to a noumenal philosophy of Oneness, whereas the 3rd house orientation focuses more on the phenomenal information of apparent individuality. In a similar fashion, the 7th house orientation has to do with relationship (oneness) whereas the 1st house orientation has to do with self-initiated direction (individuality). With these similarities in mind, I'm able to feel how this 3rd house NN movement will activate 1st house PPP evolution at the unconscious level.

OK, that's all I've got for now. Thanks AM, and ya'll!

Stephen

Wendy

Hey Ari...I haven't had time to do an analysis, so please go on without me. 

Thanks,
Wendy