School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

House System for Evolutionary Astrology Consultation for Polar Region People

Started by glaucus, Sep 04, 2012, 07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glaucus

I was reading that Jeffrey Wolf Green uses Porphyry house system which was also the same house system that my Evolutionary Astrology Workshop teacher, Bradley Naragon uses.

According to Jeffrey Green Evolutionary School,
The Porphyry house system is the preferred system for Evolutionary Astrology because it reflects the Natural Law of the Trinity. The prime number is "˜3' representing the trinity of the past, present and future. The system was developed by a Christian mystic named Porphyry in the 4th century. It takes the space within each of the four quadrants and divides it into three equal sections.

but
Porphyry doesn't work in the polar regions
Does that mean that Jeffrey Wolf Green's Evolutionary Astrology doesn't work for people born there?

What house system would you use for evolutionary astrology consultation for somebody born in Northern Russia,Northern Alaska or Northern Norway or even Antarctica? In 2009, 11 people were were born in Antarctica.

an interesting note:
The only Ascendant at the North and South Poles is 0'00 Aries or 0'00 Libra

Rad

glaucus,

This issue is not the principles of Evolutionary Astrology but a HOUSE system that you are asking about. The Porphyry House system, as any house system, can be applied to anyone below or above the arctic or antarctic circles. Of course most Souls are born within those latitudes. For those Souls born above or below the arctic or antarctic circles most astrologers then use the Equal House system. The equal house system is also rooted in the number three, the natural principle of the trinity.

God Bless, Rad

glaucus

Rad,

Thank you for your reply.

What about the whole sign house system which the Vedic Astrologers use?
Could that be used with Evolutionary Astrology?
I use Whole Sign myself.  I used to use Placidus.

Rad

Quote from: glaucus on Sep 05, 2012, 12:37 PM

Rad,

Thank you for your reply.

What about the whole sign house system which the Vedic Astrologers use?
Could that be used with Evolutionary Astrology?
I use Whole Sign myself.  I used to use Placidus.

glaucus,

You are of course free to use any house system that you wish. God Bless, Rad

ari moshe

Hi Glaucus, first I just wanted to welcome you to this message board!

Regarding your question, I feel called to clarify that Jeff Green never said that if you are not using porphyry you are not doing ea. Based on his own observations and correlations, he came to the conclusion that porphyry is most accurate for this kind of astrology.

Va our own correlation of various house systems to the observed inner soul dynamics of other people we can certainly come to our own conclusions as long as we are being clear and honest that it is our own conclusion and not trying to convince others or prove others wrong etc.

And thanks for your question about extreme north and south latitudes. I never thought of that before.
With love,
am

FreshlySpirited

Hi fellow EA enthusiasts, and EA gurus.

I have been lurking on this forum, as an unregistered browser, for a couple of years now, starting with the 2016 election. I didn't register until today, as I'm far from an astrologer. At best, I'm a hobbyist, as I find much of the big tangle that astrology is mind boggling. EA sure is fascinating though.

But--enough with the introduction.

Millions of people are born each year in the polar regions. I'm one of them, and the single biggest conundrum I have encountered is that of house systems. I am replying to this thread as I suspect many of us have this question.

I have searched the internet far and wide, and used several systems for myself, which each make my head spin; as I'm not versed enough in the other areas to intuit which system is the right one. My hubby is one of those lucky people born south of the 45th parallel; so for him every house system fits.

My search has led me to advice where Placidus, Koch, Regiomontanus, Porhyry (sorry if I spelled any of them wrong) and Pullen SR are the best systems to use for someone born north or south of the 60th parallel.

For me, and millions of others, Placidus gives me two houses (pretty much), as 10 of the 12 houses are too small to fit planets in. This also gives a massive stellium in the 1st house; which while real, doubtfully all resides in the same house. Pullen is close to Porhyry, and again gives me two huge houses, and six tiny ones. Koch looks pretty much the same as these, and so does Regiomontanus.

I have not read a single piece of advice speaking positively about equal house, and I can see why. It ignores the mathematical calculations of the MC/IC.

Astrolabe has a pretty good explanation here: https://www.astro.com/astrology/in_polar_asc_e.htm
And if you read Swedish, Ivan Wilhelm explains his method here, under the link titled Mundan Astrologi. http://hem.bredband.net/ivawil/litteratur/index.htm

And while those (and the famous UK traditional astrologer whose name I cannot find) shed some light on the subject for me, I am still not sure which is the RIGHT system to use.

I have come to have a great deal of respect for the experts in this forum, so I would love for you to elaborate some more on this thread, and which systems work and why. And if any of you hail from the high north, all the better.

Thank you so much for shedding some more light on this for me. I appreciate you.

PS: Please thread lightly, I may know how to use Google and how to read Astrology books, but that doesn't mean I understand it.  ;)

All the best, Nina

Rad

Hi FreshlySpirited,

This mb is for learning and asking about EA, not to debate the various house systems. There are many places in which that discuss/ debate can take place on the internet, and in different books.

God Bless, Rad

FreshlySpirited

Ok, sorry if I broke rules. This was not my intent. I didn't know that house systems were not part of EA, sorry.

I thought they were part of it. My bad.

If I may impose, can I ask for suggestions on where to find good information? Links to experts, and especially if they do EA, will be gratefully appreciated.

All the best, Nina

Linda

Hi Nina,

The link that Rad posted goes to EA Zoom Meetings
Facebook group where you will find over 500 videos,
most predominantly EA.  It is not a discussion group.

However, you could join and write to "Friends of Jeffrey
Wolf Green Evolutionary Astrology" Facebook group here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/435918239824221/

where your question may generate some discussion.

Thanks,
Linda

FreshlySpirited

Rad and Linda, thank you both so much!   :)

I so appreciate the help as I try my best to learn about all the fascinating aspects of Evolutionary Astrology.

I'm so glad I found this forum, and will promptly go join up in the groups you suggested.
All the best, Nina