Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Planets on the sn and other nodal conditoins  (Read 1011 times)
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« on: Sep 18, 2012, 10:02 AM »

Hi all, since there has been various questions asked about this topic in the current beginners practice thread, I thought it would a good idea to just create this thread so that further questions can be asked here in case anything needs to be clarified.

And I want to specifically point out a few threads where this topic of planets on the sn and topics similar to what has been recently brought up in the practice thread, have been addressed. I found reviewing this to be very valuable.

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,187.0.html

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,325.0.html

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,235.0.html

http://schoolofevolutionaryastrology.com/forum/index.php/topic,471.0.html

God bless,
Ari Moshe
Wendy
Very Active Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2012, 12:20 PM »

Thanks Ari for doing this--I also started one yesterday Smiley)) 

I have been somewhat reading along with the new thread, but school demands too much of my attention right now to dive in deeply.  Hope to join along soon though.

Cheers,
Wendy
kora

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2012, 05:31 PM »

Hi Ari and Everyone,

Thanks Ari for opening this thread in order to further pursue questions in response to what came up on the beginners thread re: planets conjunct south node and other nodal conditions.  I would like to pursue the example I gave adding a little bit more information with a couple of questions to see if I am on the right track.  I also want to make sure that I clearly undersood Rad's comments.  As a beginner I am attempting to grasp how the gestalt of Pluto, the PPP and the North and South Nodes function together when a planet is conjunct the South Node and it makes it a lot more real when I reference an actual chart.  The example I gave was Venus conjunct the sn in the 3rd and the North Node in the 9th.  Venus and the sn are in Sagittarius and the NNode is in Gemini.  The ruler of the NNode is Mercury in Capricorn in the 4th....I want to see if I am on the right track with one possible scenario of how I am thinking about this.....This person would be functioning out of a logical mental framework perhaps defending some limited spiritual belief system....perhaps trying to convert someone else to their life philosophy.... and limiting the kind of information they take in....Venus on the sn would speak to the type of relationships they have had with self and others....To find the clues for what kind of new conscious choices they would need to make they would have to look to the NNode in Gemini in the 9th suggesting the need to open up and take in new information relevant to 9th house....deepening their own intuition and exploring a new unifying belief system.  With the planetary ruler Mercury in Capricorn in the 4th....they must nurture the development of their own ego through the feeling function and emotional expression and maybe within the framework of family...addressing the Venus karmic ties might be family relationships and finding their authority or nurturing a more mature ego within the context of family relationships?....I know this is kind of a crude description but I want to check on whether I am on the right track.  I also want to make sure I understood Rad's comments correctly.  Even if Pluto were square the nodes or conjunct the South Node or the NN had no aspects to it taking one back to the SNode I interpreted Rad's comments to mean that you would still look at the information from the NNode to find the clues for how to make new choices....With Venus on the SNode and the karmic conditions this symbolizes a primary focus has to be given to what this actually means and this has to be worked through before the whole evolutionary progressive gestalt can move to a new place....is this correct?  I hope this makes sense and I hope it is appropriate to give an example like this to explore the concepts....if it is not please tell me!   Thanks for any feedback or additional insights that anyone might have for how all this works from a beginners standpoint!  Thanks for the links Ari pointing to other threads where I might find more info which I will explore.

Blessings,
Kora
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 19, 2012, 05:49 AM »

Hi Kora,

Yes, you are on the right track. And, yes, to how you have understood the N.Node and it's planetary ruler relative to Venus being conjunct on the S.Node.

God Bless, Rad
kora

« Reply #4 on: Sep 19, 2012, 02:51 PM »

Thank you so much Rad for your feedback.

God Bless,
Kora

Wei

« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Thanks Ari for this post!
May I ask a question about Planet on the sn/nn?I didn't find in any thread yet.
Would you please explain the condition that moon being conjunct to North node or South node?Since it's ego of current incarnation,would it be special condition than other planet conjunct node?
Thanks
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2012, 07:46 AM »

Thanks Ari for this post!
May I ask a question about Planet on the sn/nn?I didn't find in any thread yet.
Would you please explain the condition that moon being conjunct to North node or South node?Since it's ego of current incarnation,would it be special condition than other planet conjunct node?
Thanks

Hi Wei,

I will answer this because Ari is away for a few days. The EA principles of when any planet is conjunct the North or South Nodes is explained in JWG'S first Pluto book. There is no 'special' condition when the Moon is conjunct either node.

God Bless, Rad
Wei

« Reply #7 on: Sep 21, 2012, 05:38 PM »

Thanks Rad!
Linda
Most Active Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 21, 2012, 05:47 PM »

Thanks from me too Rad.

I didn't realize that JWG had covered ANY planet conjunct the Nodes.

I will re-read that chapter in Pluto Vol 1.

Many thanks!

Linda
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 22, 2012, 07:02 AM »

Hi Linda and Wei,

JWG did not detail any given planet or the Moon when conjunct the South or North Nodes. He discussed the evolutionary and karmic principles of any planet, or the Moon, conjunct these Nodes and/or square to them. In his last book Essays In Evolutionary Astrology: The Evolutionary Journey Of The Soul the first chapter is dedicated to reviewing all of those key principles including Pluto and/or planets conjunct or square the Nodes. In his first Pluto book they are also discussed in the first chapter.

God Bless, Rad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: