School of Evolutionary Astrology

visit the School of Evolutionary Astrology  web site

Astrology 101 questions (as taught within EA)

Started by Henrik, Oct 01, 2012, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henrik

Hi everyone.

I wanted to ask if we could have a thread for EA beginners, like myself, where we could ask questions that are not specifically a part of the "core EA principles", but that never-the-less may be taught within EA? That said, I encourage everyone to check out Ari's "EA handout" with the core principles as a PDF-file. You find it under the "Study Materials" --> "Materials". A perfect thing to have handy on the desktop.

The reason I did not ask the questions below on the new practice thread is that I do not want to "clutter" it with a variety of questions that may not be relevant to that thread.
Here's an example of such a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

Does one qualify what degree a planet is in? For example Moon in Pisces, 0 degrees.
If yes, how? Do we, for example, view this in a way where this person "feels" unaccustomed to the energy of the sign"¦sort of like it is new because of the 0 degrees?
Do we in any way assume anything about the past, solely on the basis of a planet being in a certain degree in a sign? Or even simply a planet being in a sign?

In the Moon Workshop, JWG says that: "Commonly, the Capricorn Moon person has, from a prior life point of view, come through families which have been very large families"¦" Unfortunately, I couldn't make out if he was referring to a case they were talking about earlier in this workshop or if he was making a general statement about the Moon being in Capricorn. So, I'm wondering if we can say certain things about a person's past, solely on the basis of a planet (in this case Moon) in a sign"¦and also if the degree (by and of itself without the help of all the other factors in the chart)?

All the best,
Henrik

Rad

Quote from: Henrik on Oct 01, 2012, 08:06 AM
Hi everyone.

I wanted to ask if we could have a thread for EA beginners, like myself, where we could ask questions that are not specifically a part of the "core EA principles", but that never-the-less may be taught within EA? That said, I encourage everyone to check out Ari's "EA handout" with the core principles as a PDF-file. You find it under the "Study Materials" --> "Materials". A perfect thing to have handy on the desktop.

The reason I did not ask the questions below on the new practice thread is that I do not want to "clutter" it with a variety of questions that may not be relevant to that thread.
Here's an example of such a question that I'm hoping someone can answer.

Does one qualify what degree a planet is in? For example Moon in Pisces, 0 degrees.
If yes, how? Do we, for example, view this in a way where this person "feels" unaccustomed to the energy of the sign"¦sort of like it is new because of the 0 degrees?
Do we in any way assume anything about the past, solely on the basis of a planet being in a certain degree in a sign? Or even simply a planet being in a sign?

In the Moon Workshop, JWG says that: "Commonly, the Capricorn Moon person has, from a prior life point of view, come through families which have been very large families"¦" Unfortunately, I couldn't make out if he was referring to a case they were talking about earlier in this workshop or if he was making a general statement about the Moon being in Capricorn. So, I'm wondering if we can say certain things about a person's past, solely on the basis of a planet (in this case Moon) in a sign"¦and also if the degree (by and of itself without the help of all the other factors in the chart)?

All the best,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

To understand any one symbol in a birth chart one must understand the totality of that birth chart in order to understand the individual context that then allows for an understanding of any one symbol within it. One can not make generalized statements about any one symbol that applies to all. The individual context is essential to understanding anything, and that starts with the EA paradigm itself, the evolutionary condition of the Soul, and the sociocultural place of birth.

Within any sign there of course are thirty degrees. When a symbol is at the zero degrees or within a degree or two of that, generally this correlates to a new evolutionary cycle of development relative to that symbol. Yet one must understand the entire EA paradigm, the whole chart, to know WHY that symbol is in a new evolutionary development. So too with a symbol at the end of that 30 degrees. This of course correlates to dynamics that are culminating. But, again, the need to know the entire EA paradigm and the rest of the chart is essential to know WHY that is.

Within this to know why and what specifically is new or culminating is to know the entire EA context of any given Soul.

Every sign has a natural trinity within it i.e. Aries has Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. All signs have they natural trinities wherein the first ten degrees is specific to the natural planetary ruler of that sign, the next ten degrees correlates with the natural planetary ruler of the sign that is now combined with the planetary ruler of the sign of the next ten degrees, and the last ten degrees correlates to the natural planetary ruler of the sign now combined with the natural planetary ruler of the sign of that last ten degrees.

In essence, there is a natural evolution with the signs, and any given  symbol can of course be anywhere within a sign and it's degrees. To know why any given symbol is whatever sign and degree is to know the entire EA signature of any given Soul's individual evolutionary context.

Within the context of EA anyone is free to ask whatever questions they have.

Soon I will be starting a new thread that focuses on what JWG called the Planetary Method Of Chart Interpretation. This method is a very methodical method that starts with the EA paradigm first, then methodically goes through the placement of each planet, by house, sign, degree, that correlates the EA intention of a Soul relative to the EA paradigm itself that includes the specific evolutionary condition of the Soul, and the sociocultural place of birth, and why.

God Bless, Rad

Henrik

Thank you Rad.

To see if I understand,within 10-19 degrees of Sagitarius, there is an element of the Leo archetype, combined with Sagitarius? So any fire sign, would have the same progression Aries (0-9),Leo (10-19),Sagitarius (20-29) that is combined with what ever sign we are looking at?

Looking forward to the new thread.

All the best,
Henrik

Rad

Quote from: Henrik on Oct 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
Thank you Rad.

To see if I understand,within 10-19 degrees of Sagitarius, there is an element of the Leo archetype, combined with Sagitarius? So any fire sign, would have the same progression Aries (0-9),Leo (10-19),Sagitarius (20-29) that is combined with what ever sign we are looking at?

All the best,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

In the Sagittarius example the first ten degrees are Sagittarius with it's natural ruler Jupiter. The second ten degrees, 11 to the end of 19 would be Aries which of course is ruled by Mars, and the last ten would be Leo with the Sun. This then reflects the natural progression of the trinity of signs within any given sign.

God Bless, Rad

Wendy

Quote from: Rad on Oct 01, 2012, 09:10 AM

Soon I will be starting a new thread that focuses on what JWG called the Planetary Method Of Chart Interpretation. This method is a very methodical method that starts with the EA paradigm first, then methodically goes through the placement of each planet, by house, sign, degree, that correlates the EA intention of a Soul relative to the EA paradigm itself that includes the specific evolutionary condition of the Soul, and the sociocultural place of birth, and why.

God Bless, Rad

Hi Rad,

I am happy to read this.  I would like to participate in this new thread and I have a question about a chart, and wasn't sure where to post it.  I will ask it here, and let me know if I should move it.  Thanks.

The question is SN Libra in the 12th, Pluto Virgo rx in the 11th and NN in 6th conjunct Saturn Venus, with Mars in Taurus in the 7th trines Pluto.  Because the ruler of SN is conjunct NN and expressed via Mars in the 7th, I am confused when I look at the chart.

When I look at NN and see Saturn--NN-Venus, relative to SN Libra--this tells me the context of the soul's expression of Venus in previous lives, right?  Venus is in semi-square to Mars.  I believe what trips me up is SN scenario is now conjunct NN--that means soul has bypassed addressing this issue...similar to skipped step?

I know we have addressed this numerous times on the forum, and I apologize for asking again.  Maybe I can type up the basic nodal scenarios and we could post it here on the forum for easy reference?

Nice to be here with all of you again.

God'dess Bless,

Wendy

Wendy

Quote from: Rad on Oct 01, 2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you Rad.

All the best,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

In the Sagittarius example the first ten degrees are Sagittarius with it's natural ruler Jupiter. The second ten degrees, 11 to the end of 19 would be Aries which of course is ruled by Mars, and the last ten would be Leo with the Sun. This then reflects the natural progression of the trinity of signs within any given sign.

God Bless, Rad

Hi Henrik and Rad,

So if the degrees were in the sign of Leo at 17, the first 1-10 would be Leo, the second 11-20 Sagittarius and the third 21-30 Aries--like a rotation?

Wendy

Henrik

Thanks again Rad.

(This reply has been modified by me).
Thank you for the clarification. Interestingly, this was my first "gut" thought, but I later let my left brain get the best of me...

With the risk of asking another stupid question :)
Since you mention the planetary rulers, do you mean that wherever we find them...what sign and house there in and whatever aspekts they are making would combine with let's Sag 15 degrees (as an example)?

Are you referring to when we find any planet in let's say 15 degrees Sag...that we would then combine the archetypal meaning of that planet and the archtypal meaning of Sagitariius with that of the planetary ruler of Aries (Mars) and to look at where it is in the chart and what aspects it's making?

If I'm off track, can you give an example of how to use this?

Maybee I'm just not getting it at all...

Thanks for your patience...

All the best,
Henrik

Karola

Hi Henrik,

To understand any one symbol in a birth chart one must understand the totality of that birth chart in order to understand the individual context that then allows for an understanding of any one symbol within it. One can not make generalized statements about any one symbol that applies to all. The individual context is essential to understanding anything, and that starts with the EA paradigm itself, the evolutionary condition of the Soul, and the sociocultural place of birth.

Within any sign there of course are thirty degrees. When a symbol is at the zero degrees or within a degree or two of that, generally this correlates to a new evolutionary cycle of development relative to that symbol. Yet one must understand the entire EA paradigm, the whole chart, to know WHY that symbol is in a new evolutionary development. So too with a symbol at the end of that 30 degrees. This of course correlates to dynamics that are culminating. But, again, the need to know the entire EA paradigm and the rest of the chart is essential to know WHY that is.

Within this to know why and what specifically is new or culminating is to know the entire EA context of any given Soul.

Every sign has a natural trinity within it i.e. Aries has Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius. All signs have they natural trinities wherein the first ten degrees is specific to the natural planetary ruler of that sign, the next ten degrees correlates with the natural planetary ruler of the sign that is now combined with the planetary ruler of the sign of the next ten degrees, and the last ten degrees correlates to the natural planetary ruler of the sign now combined with the natural planetary ruler of the sign of that last ten degrees.

In essence, there is a natural evolution with the signs, and any given  symbol can of course be anywhere within a sign and it's degrees. To know why any given symbol is whatever sign and degree is to know the entire EA signature of any given Soul's individual evolutionary context.

God Bless, Rad
[/quote]

Hi Rad,

how is it in the case of the Nodes? Because the Nodes move clockwise, 29° of a sign would then actually be the first degree of that sign. Is this right?

Are the rulers of the trinity (0-9, 10-19, 20-29) within a sign are the same as in the case of planets?

God Bless, Karola

Rad

Quote from: Wendy on Oct 01, 2012, 01:45 PM
Quote from: Rad on Oct 01, 2012, 09:10 AM

God Bless, Rad

Hi Rad,

I am happy to read this.  I would like to participate in this new thread and I have a question about a chart, and wasn't sure where to post it.  I will ask it here, and let me know if I should move it.  Thanks.

The question is SN Libra in the 12th, Pluto Virgo rx in the 11th and NN in 6th conjunct Saturn Venus, with Mars in Taurus in the 7th trines Pluto.  Because the ruler of SN is conjunct NN and expressed via Mars in the 7th, I am confused when I look at the chart.

When I look at NN and see Saturn--NN-Venus, relative to SN Libra--this tells me the context of the soul's expression of Venus in previous lives, right?  

Yes

Venus is in semi-square to Mars.  I believe what trips me up is SN scenario is now conjunct NN--that means soul has bypassed addressing this issue...similar to skipped step?

No. This means that such a Soul has already evolving the S.Node issues through the N.Node previous to the current life, and is MEANT to continue in that ongoing evolution.

I know we have addressed this numerous times on the forum, and I apologize for asking again.  Maybe I can type up the basic nodal scenarios and we could post it here on the forum for easy reference?

Very soon we will be making available to our message board members, and to the general public, a tremendous work that Linda has done wherein she has compiled the entire message board and broken it down into specific subjects in which all the thread related to that subject is put together in one place. Thus, all the various threads that are linked with the Nodes is put together into one cohesive whole. This was a tireless work by Linda that she took upon herself to do simply as a service to EA in general, and our message board specifically.

Nice to have you back Wendy.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Quote from: Wendy on Oct 01, 2012, 01:46 PM
Quote from: Rad on Oct 01, 2012, 01:31 PM
Thank you Rad.

All the best,
Henrik

Hi Henrik,

God Bless, Rad

Hi Henrik and Rad,

So if the degrees were in the sign of Leo at 17, the first 1-10 would be Leo, the second 11-20 Sagittarius and the third 21-30 Aries--like a rotation?

No, just a natural progression based on the natural trinity within any given sign where the natural progression starts with the Sign itself, and it's natural planetary ruler.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Quote from: Henrik on Oct 01, 2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks again Rad.

(This reply has been modified by me).
Thank you for the clarification. Interestingly, this was my first "gut" thought, but I later let my left brain get the best of me...

With the risk of asking another stupid question :)
Since you mention the planetary rulers, do you mean that wherever we find them...what sign and house there in and whatever aspekts they are making would combine with let's Sag 15 degrees (as an example)?

No. These are simply natural archetypes reflected and symbolized by the natural trinity within any given sign. So, for example, if a Soul has a planet at 15 degrees of Sagittarius that will manifest, archetypically, as a combination of Sagittarius and Jupiter combined with Aries and Mars where the lead point is Sagittarius and Jupiter itself in which Aries and Mars are now adding to it.

Are you referring to when we find any planet in let's say 15 degrees Sag...that we would then combine the archetypal meaning of that planet and the archtypal meaning of Sagitariius with that of the planetary ruler of Aries (Mars) and to look at where it is in the chart and what aspects it's making?

Thus, far I have simply been talking about the natural trinity that exists with any given sign as archetypes. See my previous answer about this. In the example you are citing here one does not then look to where the natal Mars is.

If I'm off track, can you give an example of how to use this?

If a person has say Venus at 15 Sagittarius then that Venus is not only being conditioned by the archetypes of Sagittarius and Jupiter, but also the archetypes of Aries and Mars where Sagittarius and Jupiter are the baseline, the lead archetypes, in which the Aries and Mars are added onto.

God Bless, Rad

Rad

Hi Karola,

"how is it in the case of the Nodes? Because the Nodes move clockwise, 29° of a sign would then actually be the first degree of that sign. Is this right?"

No. The natural trinity, the natural progression of the three signs within a sign, stays the same no matter what.

Are the rulers of the trinity (0-9, 10-19, 20-29) within a sign are the same as in the case of planets?

Yes.

God Bless, Rad

Wendy

Quote from: Rad on Oct 02, 2012, 08:58 AM

Very soon we will be making available to our message board members, and to the general public, a tremendous work that Linda has done wherein she has compiled the entire message board and broken it down into specific subjects in which all the thread related to that subject is put together in one place. Thus, all the various threads that are linked with the Nodes is put together into one cohesive whole. This was a tireless work by Linda that she took upon herself to do simply as a service to EA in general, and our message board specifically.

Nice to have you back Wendy.

God Bless, Rad

Thanks Rad.

cat777

Hi Rad & All,

I'm grappling with the decile - waxing and waning.  What archetype(s) does it correspond with?

Glad to hear that Linda's Glossary is on its way!  She has been working so hard on that so long!  Alot of dedication to something that will be a huge resource to us all! 

Thanks,

cat

Rad

Quote from: cat777 on Oct 02, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Rad & All,

I'm grappling with the decile - waxing and waning.  What archetype(s) does it correspond with?

Glad to hear that Linda's Glossary is on its way!  She has been working so hard on that so long!  Alot of dedication to something that will be a huge resource to us all! 

Thanks,

cat

Hi Cat,

I personally have never heard of this aspect. I know JWG didn't use it in his EA either. Maybe others know.

God Bless, Rad