Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: obama and his relationship to truth  (Read 2652 times)
Skywalker

« Reply #15 on: Oct 17, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Rad,

I meant I wasn´t sure exactly why my post was inappropriate and was asking if you could explain. Sorry if it didn´t come across that way. I re-read the forum guidelines and guess my post was irrelevant from an EA perspective.

Bless you too.
Lucius

« Reply #16 on: Oct 22, 2012, 12:32 AM »

Not sure to start new thread or not - think this is pertinent here, though.

Curious about clarification on Obama's spiritual state and his life path/work.  It would seem his position in the world is (these days) more typical of consensus folks - however, he's spiritual. So, clearly he is choosing this particular path of service, which seems pretty brutal - very hard - to be surrounded by consensus & expectations and the difficulty/intricacy of national & international relations, etc.  I'm wondering if this is specific to Obama (these choices to serve this way) and/or if this is something specific to a 'soul type' that is attracted to this type of service - ?

Hope this makes sense. Very tired right now!  Thanks for your insights....
Rad
Most Active Member

« Reply #17 on: Oct 22, 2012, 07:15 AM »

Not sure to start new thread or not - think this is pertinent here, though.

Curious about clarification on Obama's spiritual state and his life path/work.  It would seem his position in the world is (these days) more typical of consensus folks - however, he's spiritual. So, clearly he is choosing this particular path of service, which seems pretty brutal - very hard - to be surrounded by consensus & expectations and the difficulty/intricacy of national & international relations, etc.  I'm wondering if this is specific to Obama (these choices to serve this way) and/or if this is something specific to a 'soul type' that is attracted to this type of service - ?

Hope this makes sense. Very tired right now!  Thanks for your insights....

Hi Lucius,

One of the core natural principles/ laws within the spiritual state, and indeed generally for all of us, is to give, share, and include. This is the very essence of where Obama's soul 'comes from'. Remember his message during the '08 campaign about 'change you can believe in'. The essence of that message was to bring all peoples, political parties, together in order to negotiate with one another relative to the common good. His natal chart is testimony to this fact.

So this is a desire within his Soul to serve the larger interests defined by the common good. The problem he ran into of course, it seems to me anyway looking at it from afar, is that the Republican party was / is not defined by the common good. It seems to be defined for what it perceives to be in it's own self interest, and of course the limited interests of the wealthy and the corporations. Thus, they determined to block Obama from the very first day he was in office. The record number of 'filibusters' in the U.S Senate is testimony itself to this fact.

The change he promised, it seems to me, is also the sure fact that America elected a African American for the very first time in it's history. Actually Obama is half Caucasian, and half African American. If we put this in the context of Obama having been Abraham Lincoln who of course stopped the enslavement of African American during the Civil War it becomes even more interesting relative to Obama being elected as the first African American to be the president of the USA: "Change we can believe in", indeed.

God Bless, Rad
Lucius

« Reply #18 on: Oct 23, 2012, 12:45 AM »

Thanks, Rad.

I think I've been pondering this phenomenon of having a spiritual soul in this type of function in society. It is a very difficult path he's gravitated to - and not just once. I've found inspiration from Obama though I consider myself more 'progressive' than he,  however, just as in the quote I've shared here a couple of times about the need for form & function to have definition, to have 'weight' in the world I see that one needs to deal with the reality at hand. Having one's head in the clouds is not responsible and not effective. I've wondered about Joan of Arc, too - her mission basically was to lead others to kill others - but, I can see that in some larger scheme I do not understand that that was indeed what was needed. There was an idea of a Yogananda past life as William the Conqueror (not sure if that's true) once again, it's difficult for me to wrap my piddly brain around it, but I'd trust that what was done was larger than I can imagine. Even in the Bhagavad Gita this was the issue - to meet what was necessary and needed at the time, to act - not just philosophize. I think of the attitude of native americans - quite fierce, 'a good day to die'.

My point - is that while I've struggled with criticism of Obama I have realized he is actually fighting the good fight on realistic terms while I'm an armchair nitwit.

Anyway - it just seems every so often Wakan Tanka sends these souls our way for purposes deeper than we can fathom - and Obama is that person. Progressives need to realize this....

Smiley  thanks Rad for this forum! And your leadership, too!

« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2012, 12:52 AM by Lucius » Logged
ari moshe
Most Active Member

« Reply #19 on: Oct 23, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Hi Lucius, I've shared similar ponderings myself and still do.

I recently read a very interesting article from a magazine which name I do not remember that spoke about how the "great emancipator" Lincoln used many forms of trickery and divisiveness to affect the change that he was here to affect. And along with that it's well known that he needed to present himself in many ways as "middle ground" which had the effect of making many liberals at that time very angry at him - and yet of course the more conservatives at that time were not into him either. This was necessary in order for him to do what he needed to do.

As I watched the debate last night I kept on thinking about the reality of his Saturn Jupiter in the 12th, Scorpio on the MC squaring the nodes and that MC ruled by Pluto in the 7th. His intuitive knowing of what is "right" and "wrong" on an ultimate level is necessarily being repressed and tailored through the necessary measures of being the president of this country at this time and the need to work with and somehow bring together all kinds of people. As I understand it, this is also his weakness and where clear discrimination, Virgo, and choice making, Scorpio Pluto, is and has been his greatest challenge.

I also just found out that Speilburg has made a film based on the life of Lincoln during his presidency. He is purposely is releasing it AFTER the elections.
Quite interesting and meaningful that this film is coming out at this time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSAbAuLhqs
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: